I am never hungry I have to force myself to eat and I just gain gain gain weight

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    First of all, because one is fast does NOT mean they don't have an eating disorder. Ever heard of BED, binge eating disorder? Food addiction? You very well could have one that you havent come to terms with, who knows.. I get the being fat but never hungry. It has to do with what you're eating, your portions, and your activity level. You could not be hungry but still eat 3 or even 2 meals a day and if those meals are mostly salty or fatty and you don't get much activity, even if those meals were smaller meals, its still lacking nutritional value so you're just gaining. But also even if you eat good healthy stuff but have heftier helpings that's still not good. Theres different factors. You need to evaluate your eating and activity habits.

You can have the poorest nutrition and lose weight, just like you can gain on the best nutrition . Weight loss comes down to calories in, calories out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.

What about the day before that?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm really not eating more then I think. Today I had two glasses of milk and water. Yesterday I had two glasses of milk guacamole, pita chips and water.

Two glasses of milk? How big were the glasses? 8oz? 12oz? Whole milk? 2%? Fat free?

How much guacamole? (This is really important...avocados are great for you but a small amount packs a punch, calorie-wise)

How many pita chips? Two chips, or half a bag?

See what I'm getting at here?

Open up your diary so we can see how much you are actually eating (assuming, of course, you accurately weigh, measure and log everything).

And, no offense, but...barring a medical condition, there's no way you gained 45 lbs by not eating more than you think you are.

• jwebb579
    jwebb579 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds like where I started and it sounds like STRESS! When I started to just gain and gain, notjing really changed in my diet, but my stress load was crazy. I did get my hormones checked to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary. Fortunately, I only had slightly elevated testosterone. To be honest, I have been battling this for years, but the one thing I found, despite my food intake, was that I had to get a generous amount of exercise. Even when I felt exhausted and that I was running and moving all day... I had to consciously make the effort for about an hour or so of cardio and strength training. Once I got into a routine, my diet started to regine, because I paid better attention. I didn't want to "undo" what I had worked so hard at in the gym.
    I'm back at the same situation and realize my body needs serious movement, but you should always check with a doctor whe you have rapid weight gain.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A 45 weight gain doesn't happen from under eating. You're in denial of how much you're really consuming. Till you sort that issue out, your weight won't move.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Now I'm more interested in why the OP seems to be posting under 2 different names.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, is the OP using 2 different names?

Looks that way to me
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I've been trying to lose weight for years now. I've done a trillion different work out videos with little to no weight loss. My biggest problem is I'm just never hungry. Last year I weighed about 150 my father passed away and I now weigh 195 and I can't figure out how I gained so much when I hardly ever eat. I have to force myself to eat I'm fat so it can't be an eating disorder. I do drink plenty of water. I know i have to start eating three meals a day, but why am I gaining so much? and not losing weight now that Im forcing myself to eat! Please help

You need to take a serious look at your dietary habits because you are eating too much food.

Uuuh I don't eat like ever so how am I eating to much food? And I'm trying to understand why I'm never hungry.

Uuuu....well, you can only gain weight (fat) when you're over eating. Duh!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you have some issues, to include denial issues.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You can 'hardly' be eating anything, but it doesn't matter if you're consuming large quantities or high caloried food.

2 glasses of milk. If it was whole milk, for example, it's like 150 calories for 8 oz. Most standard large glasses are 16 oz(ish). So really, you're drinking 4 servings. That's 600 calories in milk alone.

Pita chips, 130-150 calories per serving. Not counted out or weighed, you're probably eating 2+ servings.
    Guacamole, 2 tbsp is roughly 50 calories... which for guacamole, is not alot if you're using it as a dip.

The calories add up.
    Do yourself a favor. Start logging, be consistent and accurate, and perhaps seek some help about the emotional issues.
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SMH
  • amandalambert11111
    amandalambert11111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I logged in threw my Facebook like I usually do. I don't even know what OP means. I do have medical conditions. And I'm not in denial of what I eat or don't eat. I just don't like food plain and simple if I feel hungry I decided to drink a glass of water or milk sometime a diet pepsi. And starvation to your body does more damage then over eating I just thought other people might have my problem in just not liking or wanting to eat food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    I logged in threw my Facebook like I usually do. I don't even know what OP means. I do have medical conditions. And I'm not in denial of what I eat or don't eat. I just don't like food plain and simple if I feel hungry I decided to drink a glass of water or milk sometime a diet pepsi. And starvation to your body does more damage then over eating I just thought other people might have my problem in just not liking or wanting to eat food.
    You don't gain 45lbs from under eating. Sorry, that's just not how physiology works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Op = Original Poster
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    OP = original poster (you)

If you're gaining massive amounts of weight perhaps retaining tons of water you need to talk to your doctor. Same with having zero appetite. In the absence of a medical condition, eating fewer calories than you burn will lead to weight loss, not weight gain

Also weight loss is not linear. The body's weight fluctuates so if you're comparing today's weight to tomorrow and then to do day after, you may see swings that are not realistic. Count your calories properly, weigh yourself as often as you want but try to look at longer term trends. Like a couple weeks to maybe even two to three months
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Honestly none of us here can tell you anything for sure because no matter how adamantly people here insist they're always right, they're not your doctor. obviously most of the information you've been offered in this thread is correct on a general basis but nobody can say for sure what is wrong in your specific case. you need to speak to a medical professional, or a therapist, or someone who can actually give you accurate and valuable advice. We don't know you or how much of what you say is true, we dont know your medical history or anything else about you, so some of the responses here could be right or they could be completely off the mark, but you'll never know until you seek real medical help from a real professional.
  • crashintome05416
    crashintome05416 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    T
    jonrenly wrote: »
    Honestly none of us here can tell you anything for sure because no matter how adamantly people here insist they're always right, they're not your doctor. obviously most of the information you've been offered in this thread is correct on a general basis but nobody can say for sure what is wrong in your specific case. you need to speak to a medical professional, or a therapist, or someone who can actually give you accurate and valuable advice. We don't know you or how much of what you say is true, we dont know your medical history or anything else about you, so some of the responses here could be right or they could be completely off the mark, but you'll never know until you seek real medical help from a real professional.

Thanks! It's the best advice yet I have actually talked to her and she told me to go on basically the atkins diet log EVERYTHING I eat also that I have a thyroid issue and a small metabolic disorder. After my father died I just stopped caring about anything and food was one of those things.
  • crashintome05416
    crashintome05416 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And I figured out that I wasn't on the username I have been on for years so I logged out of my Facebook one and back into my old one.
This discussion has been closed.