Options

Replies

• prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    happy-sunday-1.gif

SUNDAY MAY 22nd - DAY 7! "KICK OFF YOUR SUNDAY SHOES! – CUT LOOSE”

CHALLENGE/TIP
    1 more day until our first week weigh-ins!!! I know many people are busy this weekend – moving, visiting the in-laws, etc. – or you don’t work out on weekends, especially on Sundays when you wanna lounge around and watch some TV or movies, but you can carve out just 20 minutes to do some activity today – go for a walk, put on your boogie shoes, whatever you do, JUST A BUST A MOVE! I’m sending out some extra songs of the day (20 minutes worth ;-) Get the kids, grandkids, gf/bf, husband/wife, roommates in on it play them and JUMP AROUND!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. FOOTLOOSE (with clips from over 40 movies where they dance really cool!) – Kenny Loggins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYL3j27sSH8&feature=related
    2. WALKIN ON SUNSHINE – Katrina & the Waves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIoWtw6jc-I&feature=related
    3. BOOGIE SHOES – KC & the Sunshine Band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejyh5eFqsSg&feature=related
    4. JUMP AROUND – House of Pain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Q0jPyrja0
    5. BUST A MOVE – Young MC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQQGX24Teg&feature=fvst

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    We’ve got a day to go before our first weigh-in. Share what physical activity you did today for at least 20 minutes – give each other some good ideas!!

SHOUT OUTS
    1. To member samvanz for working out the longest she has ever done yesterday since beginning her fit lifestyle!

2. And to EVERYBODY who WORKED IT OUT SATURDAY! WOW I’m seeing some super burns – agreenmess (1148 calories – wow!), DRSRiley, marie_2454, kimklapow, SLIM195, BeachGurl815, palollis, art4fun69, KZOsMommy, arsonsmom, mikeykeith7, bigmamma3, leomentlines, mrsjones806, milileitner, TrimMyTummy, talysshade, Carebear2, Ikahr, Sabrina_doyle, Daysea35, bemoore81 - KEEP IT UP!!!

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Working hard to get a good weigh in on Monday!! Did a 15 mile trail run/hike and burned almost 3000 calories!! Can't eat that many to make up!! LOL!! :love:
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Working hard to get a good weigh in on Monday!! Did a 15 mile trail run/hike and burned almost 3000 calories!! Can't eat that many to make up!! LOL!! :love:

Wow, I was proud I did my 9 mile trail ride.... You are amazing!
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I reached the goals for today. Under my calories and a nice long walk with 400+ calories burned. Great job everyone!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Holy moly... Im gonna have to work out again to keep up with you's guys!!! Love Love this board :heart:
  • Amy_Do
    Amy_Do Posts: 20
    Options
    Good job everyone - I have been working very hard to be under calories - went over a little on Friday was good yesterday and hopefully wil be under today - its been a super busy weekend catching up with friends for drinks/dinner hard to stay under but have been pushing myself to do lots of exercise to account for the extra calories - will likely not lose much on the scale tomorrow but will be happy with maintaining - will work harder next week on my eating as the exercise bit is going very well.... Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.. :o)
  • kaylor908
    kaylor908 Posts: 42
    Options
    took progress pics today!

not pretty :sad:
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i have been over my cals for the last few days but hopefully i'll have done enough exercise to give me a good weigh in.....crossing my fingers.....be blessed everyone
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the shout-out, Kristy!

Feeling a bit discouraged today, I've been weighing myself every day and am not where I'd like to be... Thinking about re-assessing my goals, but I'm not sure whether that's like copping out.

Movement today - my work's pretty physical, I"ll be moving around boxes of beer and bottles for the next three hours, plus I'm going to walk to work provided it doesn't rain. And I'm way under cals for today...Hopefully it makes enough difference for tomorrow's weigh-in, or else I won't hit my goal.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time today since.. studying during the week, means i have to work on a sunday! Blah! Normally I'd go cycling to my customers to get this exercise in, but in today's rain it's really too far so the car will have to do..

Still, i'm going to try to challenge my family members to an active game of wii sports today.. let's hope they join.. its much more fun than on my own..
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Got some exercise in as soon as I got up, otherwise it gets put off! My favorites are the Wii games - I love Wii fit Plus, and just got the Wii Zumba. That's also alot of fun!! Happy Sunday all- one week in - yay!
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hei! Sounds amazing how hard everyone's working out :)

Yesterday I've been swimming to burn 360 cals and today I was hiking with a friend for almost 3 hours. My HRM told me it was "only" 793 cals, but MFP's estimation was more than 1200 - a little discouraging, but I used the probably more specific value of my HRM :)

Hopefully weigh in will look good for me tomorrow :)

enjoy your day!!!
  • jennylee1012
    Options
    Is it too late to join the weight loss challenge? I am struggling with motivation and accountability.
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Is it too late to join the weight loss challenge? I am struggling with motivation and accountability.

Head on over to the challenge webpage at:
    www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
    for all the info!

Make sure you add prplangl4 as your friend and send her your info!

Also, add me as a friend, too! I'm all about motivation and accountability !! :)
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a walk later this afternoon. My fiance came on a walk with me last night, which was really nice :) I try to do a walk everyday, for a least 30 min. If I can't get outside to do it, I do one in the store I work at.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing awesome! I am having troubles staying at the gym longer than 30 mins. I did a full body workout on Thur with my really really fit hubby and omg today is the first day I am really able to walk. I forgot to write down my weight I started with I am sure I will see that on the spread sheet you are doing right?

Alright off to the gym! Have a great SUNDAY!!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Still, i'm going to try to challenge my family members to an active game of wii sports today.. let's hope they join.. its much more fun than on my own..

Thats the spirit talysshade!!!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    @kristinmlartist - you were 167.8 start weight
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the shout-out, Kristy!

Feeling a bit discouraged today, I've been weighing myself every day and am not where I'd like to be... Thinking about re-assessing my goals, but I'm not sure whether that's like copping out.

Movement today - my work's pretty physical, I"ll be moving around boxes of beer and bottles for the next three hours, plus I'm going to walk to work provided it doesn't rain. And I'm way under cals for today...Hopefully it makes enough difference for tomorrow's weigh-in, or else I won't hit my goal.

Weight fluctuates daily, I only weigh myself once a week--a little less frustrating. The hard part is to win the battle with yourself not to get on the scale every time you are near it. Pick a day and time and try to do your weigh in at that time every week, it might help. Although I do not know what your goals are, I read somewhere that it is better to set achievable short term goals in order to keep motivated.

Hang in there.