Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    zornig wrote: »
    Guess everybody's just too busy exercising to comment :p

That must be it.

Not knowing if I would get off work in time to get any garden cardio, I did walk 1.8 miles in the Game Room this morning. {24min@4.5mph} I have a black church group at work today, and they were jamming down in the Ball Room while I walked. Still are, as a matter of fact. I turned off my music until they take a break for lunch. {the real reason I walked: southern soul food}
  • GregA1968
    GregA1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I forgot about this thread. Just spent some time reading through. I need to take some time to post in here and read everyone's wonderful comments.

I'll start with something I don't see a lot of talk about when it comes to health. Be sure to sleep well. Take time to get enough sleep. Your body will thank you!

Have a great day
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    I had company this weekend. It sucked. I will start exercising again, tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    my "rest" day today! hiked with the pup this morning...been playing (getting the "you died" screen a lot) "Bloodborne" all afternoon.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Long weekend here so the dojo is closed. Also we're celebrating my youngests' 6 th bday. Got some plants, flowers and herbs today and if the weather holds I'll plant them tomorrow.
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Starting back after losing my way the past couple of months. I lost 11 lbs February and I am sure I gained it back and then some. I am not weighing this time. I feel that if I lose I reward myself with food or if I gain I drown myself in food. I have not gained control of that behavior yet so best to put the scale away for now.

Congrats to everyone in their successes. We can do this!!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Mowed today. Tonight everything hurts. This wasn't the first mow so I'm not sure why I'm so stiff. Just too old I guess.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Was away all week (early "summer holiday", I guess).

Took the running shoes and got 2 short runs in ... including a beautiful run from the Niagara Whirlpool rapids, upriver to Bridge Street (the rest of the run was a lot less beautiful!). Second run was 2 days later around my old stomping grounds where I grew up. Mid-week runs are helpful to progress!

Regardless of those runs ... and >10,000 steps per day ... I still gained because of all that restaurant food (but for me, that's okay).

Back home this long weekend with 2 x 2.5km runs that are feeling pretty good. Still a long way to go to get up to 7km + obstacles!

Hope you're all safe and healthy!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Weekend was busy as always. Ran to Bath on Saturday to return the walker hubby borrowed from them- 4 hours in the car- not so fun for my bumm! I did some mowing when I got home and then my daughter and son-in-law came over and my son-in-law cut down a couple of trees that needed to come down. Sunday I was going to finish mowing, but the mower decided that it no longer wanted to work. Hopefully my brother-in-law can get it running today.

I walked this morning. It was so nice out- then when I got back I enjoyed my coffee with the mosquitoes on my back deck- It was peaceful overall, but a couple of them buggers had a good breakfast too! :grimace:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 1 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone and happy Monday!

I have been so horrible since getting back from our cruise....well, not horrible but at least bad. I am also in the process of moving in with my BF and my commute to work has gone from 25 min to an hour and 10 minutes on a good day. Add in trying to get my 5 year old moving way earlier in the morning than he is used to and it's a royal PITA to get out the door on time.
    Plus, my evenings to get things done and prepared for the next day is shortened by the time we get home and have to get to bed earlier so that I don't feel the need to fall asleep behind the wheel on the drive to work.
    And working out....what's that? Ugh!

Once we're all the way moved and settled into our new routine things should work out better. Right now, it's just a huge cluster. At least I can TRY and get back to my eating routine before the cruise. I'm trying to find slow cooker recipes that I can throw in easily in the morning that doesn't require a lot of prep work. At least that can save time in the morning. Or make casseroles that we can also make several meals out of.
    I guess I at least have a plan, now I just have to execute it. LOL
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Crosby Lee - So sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Crosby, sorry for your loss. My 5 year old did well at the wake, bad when leaving for the church before they closed up the coffin, awful at the church and better now. 10 and 8 did similar.
    My eating was bad this weekend - hardly home. Did get 14k steps in each of Saturday and Sunday. Scale up but I am hoping it is bloat from all the gluten and will magic away by tomorrow or I will have to log the gain.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hope you are all doing well. It sounds like we are all getting moving with mowing, planting and the summer things. I love summer, my favorite season. I did all the trimming this weekend with the weed wacker, we have ALOT of trimming. Our yard has so many trees it is like a park. I was pretty sore afterwards.

Made it to the gym at lunch and lifted. I had to push myself but I feel good after I got it done.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Crosby, sorry for your loss. :'(

Lots of activity here. No exercise today, on the go since early. Hoping to exercise tomorrow. On my way to California on Wed until next Monday or Tuesday. My niece is graduating from College. Can't wait to see my sisters and part of the gang.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First exercise session since surgery last Monday (very mild mobility/range of motion workout). Yay!

StephannieL, I had the same lack of time issues when we moved for my new job. My solution was once-a-month meals and it's working fairly decently. Of course, I have 3 kids and a husband old enough to be assigned a week night each for the actual reheating and plating. You'll find your groove too!

We too have been mowing and trimming. And KellySue, I got several mosquito bites when I took the dogs to the dog park this evening. Bugs are what makes Fall my favorite season - they die!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Been a busy weekend. Visit my Partner's sons. a wild weekend but overall 10 hours in a car with lots of sweeties...never a good idea.

Back on track now and time to get that old cross trainer out and dust off the cob webs.

Have a great week everyone :D
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 2 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Plyometrics"=Done!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @alishaspringle- Thank you for the words of advice and encouragement! I'm confident that I will find my groove once the move is complete and we are settled in. I just really dislike this unsettled feeling.
    What are once-a-month meals?

Thankfully my BF does shift work so he is actually off until the weekend this week so I have given him a Honey Do list for today for starters. LOL
    Haven't received a text back from him yet so I'm not sure what his reaction to that is. LOL
    I have to remember that I have a partner is this now and I don't have to do it all alone. I just have to ask so he knows what direction to go in. LOL
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    2.85 miles, 21 min running, 25 min walking, 3.7 mph average
    In the rain/mist (at least the diamond tipped mosquitoes took the morning off) :-)
    NSV pants feel looser in the legs.
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Caramel, Larro...Did y'all take Monday off???