Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

Hugs! I'm so sorry to hear this.
    Take care of yourself!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Got accused of "checking out" at my current job, even though I was working harder and longer than everyone else that has the same director as me. Must be nice to leave early on a friday afternoon, I might be coming down with a flu that's going to really take a hold friday and tuesday.

Oh my, you do look pale. It looks like you might not make it until Friday. Maybe it is a week long flu taking you out Thursday and causing you to be unable to return until next Thursday.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    You do seem unwell, AOJ. Rest is what you need.

I agree. AOJ, you look like you are going to be horribly ill later this week. You should not spread that around your current jobsite. They are going to be understaffed anyway, and can't afford to have anyone else out sick.

Especially around all that food. It's a matter of public safety. You don't want to be Typhoid OJ

I legit LOL'd at that right there.

ME TOO
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    shamos11 wrote: »
    This weekend I've had a sore scratchy throat. So yesterday I was going to the pharmacy to get lozenges or something and pulled into Dairy Queen for a large banana milkshake. I planned to put it in the freezer and have it in small doses. It was gone before I hit my driveway. Sigh!!! It was good.

Bonus: it probably helped soothe your throat, right?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've finally caught up. It's only taken me forever!
    4. I'm almost 25 and I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I studied Journalism at University but it wasn't really for me. I'm so jealous of people who have ambition and know what they want to be from a young age.

I'll be 25 in December and I feel the same way. I'm not ambitious or driven for a career at all. I have a two-year degree now, but I have no idea what I want to major in for my bachelor's. A lot of it is due to my extreme lack of self-confidence.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned earlier, I took Friday off so was way behind. I am almost caught up and have replied to a couple comments so here are a couple observations from the weekend.

Starbucks – Iced Venti Non-Fat Latte with an extra shot of espresso, but their coffee is too expensive. I usually only have about five a year.

I want my stomach to be flat enough to wear dresses. I’ve always been a bit of a tomboy and never been a big fan of dresses. South Carolina is very hot in the summers and feel like I would be less hot if I could wear a dress versus pants to work.

We tried potty training the two year old this weekend because we really felt like she was ready. Epic fail.

I want to sign up for a 5K, but none of my locals friends are really into that sort of thing. Feel like if I had someone to run with on the weekends, it would be much easier to do.

Love Chipotle and hate cilantro but don’t mind the cilantro in their rice.

I missed some interesting arguments. Secretly glad that someone left…not a secret anymore.

@m1xm0d3 – Happy Birthday!

I confess I spend WAY too much money at Starbucks. I have gold status until September of 2016. I have an addiction to "rewards" and will spend more money than I should on something just to get something "free".

Does the gold status program have limits or an expiration? Didn't know that.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had oral surgery on Friday...three wisdom teeth removed...and gained 5 lbs in three days with the help of milkshakes, potatoes, and pasta. Can't wait until I can chew things again.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Wow! This is completely commendable of you and very selfless. I don't know many 25 year olds that would take this on. It's ok and completely normal to be frustrated at times. I just want to give you a big hug. Is there anyone else that can help you?

Aww thankyou! I never really give it a second thought. You hear all of these horror stories about the way older people get treat in care homes so I want her to be at home and comfortable in her own surroundings for as long as possible. She was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer a few months ago and they have decided not to operate because it would be too big of an operation with how advanced her dementia is, even more of a motivation to keep her at home with me where I know she's cared for. My auntie (her daughter) helps out as much as she can and my younger sister does too but they both work full time. She has another daughter who lives 5 minutes away, hasn't done a days work in her life and we see her once a month for 20 minutes if we're lucky. My mother's agoraphobic and none of us have seen her for years so there's no help from her either.

I got in touch with a charity called Crossroads and they send out a carer four days a week in the morning for two hours. It's sad when you have to rely on a charity when there's other family that could be helping but Crossroad's have been amazing. I think as it does get harder I might have to look into getting more support but I resent the fact my Grandma will have to pay for it out of her own pocket. It's the mental side of it that I find hard. Sometimes I'm frustrated to the point of tears trying to get her to co-operate with me.

Phew heavy stuff!

One of my good friends is 22 and her grandpa has dementia. Her mom died when she was 11 and her dad died when she was 16, so she's been shuffled around and living with various family members for years. She was living with him and caring for him because her aunt and the rest of his family didn't give a crap about him until very recently when she had him placed in a home in another state. I was so relieved for her because she shouldn't have had to deal with that alone; he was becoming violent and abusive and I'm glad that her aunt finally stepped up and took care of things. I hope some of your family comes around and helps, too.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I love wine, but it packs SO MANY calories. I cannot seem to cut it out. I love to have a couple glasses in the evening, but I noticed my weight has increased since I have been having wine on a regular basis.

I changed from strawberry margaritas (with salt) to wine, because wine is so much lower in calories and sodium (compared to the margaritas!). I love me some wine!

My confession- it takes at least 2 glasses of wine for me to feel any effects at all. I guess I have a high alcohol tolerance. I was hoping that by losing weight (65 lbs+), I'd be more of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all.

I used to have a very high tolerance. The last time I drank I mixed 7 ounces of crystal light with 1 ounce of vodka and I was tottering around from the first drink. I was completely trashed from two. I was not expecting or ready for that. It makes me a little afraid because I still have (roughly, I don't have a hard weight set) 75 lbs to go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I had oral surgery on Friday...three wisdom teeth removed...and gained 5 lbs in three days with the help of milkshakes, potatoes, and pasta. Can't wait until I can chew things again.

I remember people telling me I wouldn't be hungry after having my wisdom teeth removed a year ago... LIES. They also said 'oh I was able to eat normally after 2 days'. MORE LIES. It took me 10 days just to be able to chew some soft veggies! I managed not to gain any weight though, logging carefully and sticking to healthier options (mashed carrots, ground meat, eggs, lukewarm soup etc). But it sucked.

About dementia... My MIL has it, and she's been in a specialized home for a few years now. There was a LOT of drama with her husband (who died a couple years later) because he wanted to care for her but it was just getting too dangerous... she wasn't turning off the oven and stuff like that. At some point IMO it's just too dangerous to leave them alone, and you can't have someone with them constantly.... At this point she mostly sleeps and hasn't recognized anyone for months.

About knowing what you want to do later... I thought I did. I mean, what I wanted to do when I turned 13 was being fluent in English and be able to understand it well (I'm French). That was all I wanted. Turns out it's not quite enough, it's not exactly a useful skill when you live in the US (never thought I'd end up here though), and now I'm 37 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. So I think I got you all beat... I have a 3 year university degree with an English as Foreign Language major that is totally useless here (I wanted to be a teacher for a while but realized when I was 20 that I just wasn't cut for it). So yeah... I just try not to think about what I'll actually do when the kids leave the house in 10 years. For now I have the excuse that I wouldn't be able to find anyone to watch them when school is off anyway (and I'd never make enough money to pay for camps for two all Summer etc).

Confession - every morning I get up and tell myself I'll do great and will try to avoid sweets today, and every day I have lunch and just need a little sweet thing... so I end up with 400 calories or less for dinner.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Yep- after I had my wisdom teeth out I lived off ice cream! That was when I was in high school and could eat anything and everything and not gain a pound...ahhh to be that young again!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really want to bake cookies or something but we don't have an electric mixer at the house. I feel like if I'm going to take the time and energy to bake things other people would presumably want to take, I shouldn't have to spend my money on one not matter how cheap.
    Haven't done it for years, but I used to make double batches of chocolate chip cookies - by hand, no mixer. Quite an arm workout!

Also, love the new profile pic!
    Thanks! :smile:
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the tanktinis I've seen at Target. Been meaning to pick up some swimwear myself

I wish more stores had retro looking one pieces like Marilyn Monroe & Jayne Mansfield wore or high waisted bikinis.
    I found a super cute high waist bikini at Walmart of all places, it was the ONLY one they had left and it fit me perfectly! I can now go on my beach vacation in two weeks! YAY!
    Yeah, Wal Mart had a lot of cool bikinis. I wasn't able to pick up one I wanted this weekend but I've still got two weeks to look.

My grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and stayed with us a few days a week during my time in high school. My mother tried to take care of him for a few years, but she eventually had to accept that she wasn't able care for him 24/7.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »

I remember people telling me I wouldn't be hungry after having my wisdom teeth removed a year ago... LIES. They also said 'oh I was able to eat normally after 2 days'. MORE LIES. It took me 10 days just to be able to chew some soft veggies! I managed not to gain any weight though, logging carefully and sticking to healthier options (mashed carrots, ground meat, eggs, lukewarm soup etc). But it sucked.

It's been rough physically, I didn't think it would be this awful for some reason. I can't chew anything! It's like my teeth won't go together correctly or something....it's ridiculous, lol. And I know that the weight gain is water weight, bloating, etc...but I still hate it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    OMG you people, seriously, I have 1 Friday off and you guys fill up 10 pages (so far)! I keep looking at the date of the posts and thinking "nope, still Friday" I'm up to page 603 and I still have 11 pages to go! So I'm doing a half way confession and then I will continue.

I had Friday off work to go to the burial of the last half of my SO's nan. I say last half, because the poor woman's ashes was split in half, 1 half is buried with her husband and the other half has been split into THREE for each of her children and then they are spreading her in all the places they think she would like to be. I'm sorry but I personally would hate this to happen to my ashes. I can't help but think "what if I need those bits later?" you don't know what happens after, you might need the other half. So yea, then we went to the pub and I had a very healthy superfood pasta salad followed by a not so healthy carrot cake and many, many beers. And then that theme carried on throughout the weekend. BUT I did a lot of walking so on balance I don't think it was toooo bad.

SO as a bonny girl from Great Britain, I am very upset about the lack of different flavour Starbucks Frapps going on. I feel I'm missing out greatly.
    I'm joining the line to see Terry Pratchett and Jack the Ripper in the afterlife.
    I can't eat raw onion, the flavour stays in my mouth for the rest of the day.
    I don't know what a
    peanut buster parfait
    or a
    brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard
    is but I want BOTH
    @rungirl1973 - that dress looks AMAZING on you, I definitely think you should wear it. Often.
    @quiksylver296 - I hope your run went well! (I'm sure I will find out when I continue reading :smile: )
    And I've completely lost track of all the other things I wanted to reply to.

So what does a bonny girl mean? :) By the way a brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard is cookie dough with ice cream and brownie pieces! YUM!

Well, I thought it meant cheerful. I googled it just to check and apparently it means beautiful or attractive. That's not quite how I meant it. Lol
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.

I'm very far behind, but that is wonderful. Is it weird to say I'm proud of you? I feel like your story is a great success.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »

One of my good friends is 22 and her grandpa has dementia. Her mom died when she was 11 and her dad died when she was 16, so she's been shuffled around and living with various family members for years. She was living with him and caring for him because her aunt and the rest of his family didn't give a crap about him until very recently when she had him placed in a home in another state. I was so relieved for her because she shouldn't have had to deal with that alone; he was becoming violent and abusive and I'm glad that her aunt finally stepped up and took care of things. I hope some of your family comes around and helps, too.

Oh gosh that must've been really rough on her, especially after losing her parents after such a young age. I hope she's okay now! Luckily there's only been a few incidents where my Gran's been abusive but I know it can turn some people really nasty. Thanks but I really can't see it. I have some very selfish family members.

Mostly I try to laugh at the situation cos if you don't laugh you'll cry. I have the most random of days sometimes! Someday's she's packing up her clothes to go 'home'. The other day I found a towel down the toilet, she'd emptied the food out of the freezer and wrapped it up in her clothes, cereal in the cats bowl. She walks round taking all the cushion covers off the cushions. We had to get a safety valve put on the gas and the oven because she kept switching it on.

She'll put a plate of cookies out and in her mind she's made meat and spuds for tea bless her! The funniest thing ever was when I found a cookie in her underwear and when I asked her what it was doing there she said "Well I don't normally eat them like that!"

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    OMG you people, seriously, I have 1 Friday off and you guys fill up 10 pages (so far)! I keep looking at the date of the posts and thinking "nope, still Friday" I'm up to page 603 and I still have 11 pages to go! So I'm doing a half way confession and then I will continue.

I had Friday off work to go to the burial of the last half of my SO's nan. I say last half, because the poor woman's ashes was split in half, 1 half is buried with her husband and the other half has been split into THREE for each of her children and then they are spreading her in all the places they think she would like to be. I'm sorry but I personally would hate this to happen to my ashes. I can't help but think "what if I need those bits later?" you don't know what happens after, you might need the other half. So yea, then we went to the pub and I had a very healthy superfood pasta salad followed by a not so healthy carrot cake and many, many beers. And then that theme carried on throughout the weekend. BUT I did a lot of walking so on balance I don't think it was toooo bad.

SO as a bonny girl from Great Britain, I am very upset about the lack of different flavour Starbucks Frapps going on. I feel I'm missing out greatly.
    I'm joining the line to see Terry Pratchett and Jack the Ripper in the afterlife.
    I don't know what a
    peanut buster parfait
    or a
    is but I want BOTH
    @rungirl1973 - that dress looks AMAZING on you, I definitely think you should wear it. Often.
    @quiksylver296 - I hope your run went well! (I'm sure I will find out when I continue reading :smile: )

So what does a bonny girl mean? :) By the way a brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard is cookie dough with ice cream and brownie pieces! YUM!

Well, I thought it meant cheerful. I googled it just to check and apparently it means beautiful or attractive. That's not quite how I meant it. Lol

My understanding has always been that bonny meant "beautiful" or "pretty" and when I saw you refer to yourself as bonny I had great admiration for your self-confidence... my first thought was, "Way to go, Lois!"
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

About dementia... My MIL has it, and she's been in a specialized home for a few years now. There was a LOT of drama with her husband (who died a couple years later) because he wanted to care for her but it was just getting too dangerous... she wasn't turning off the oven and stuff like that. At some point IMO it's just too dangerous to leave them alone, and you can't have someone with them constantly.... At this point she mostly sleeps and hasn't recognized anyone for months.

I remember when I got my tongue pierced and I was told I would probably struggle with solid foods for a while. My sister got hers done the same time as me and was eating KFC the next day and I struggled for a week. On the plus side I got to eat lots of ice cream! But it was no fun going out to eat and having to order soup and mashed potatoes.

Aw that's sad. It is a tough one.. that's pretty much the stage my Gran is at now she has to have someone with her constantly. It definitely isn't sustainable in the long term though.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I say, rock those scars! You earned them! I know I did - I have a scar from my sternum to my pubic bone thanks to a car accident my junior year of high school. I always wear a bikini when we go to the pool or vacation or whatever. If other people don't like it they don't have to look at it. FWIW, after all these year I've never received a negative comment. Glances at it, sure. It's hard to NOT notice when it is uncovered. Doesn't bother me a bit. I survived and recovered, so I consider my scar my tattoo.

I love this ^ (bold). My mom used to tell me the same thing when I was afraid to wear something. :)

Confession: Tomorrow I have my first physical therapy appointment for my knee injury. I'm kind of scared and I don't know why.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I don't know what a
    peanut buster parfait
    or a
    is but I want BOTH

My understanding has always been that bonny meant "beautiful" or "pretty" and when I saw you refer to yourself as bonny I had great admiration for your self-confidence... my first thought was, "Way to go, Lois!"

I actually work with a woman named Bonita (the Spanish word for beautiful) who goes by Bonnie, so the connection works in my head!