40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Larro - wow, you look younger now than that picture. Must feel good to have hit goal. I am stalled in the same 2 pound range for weeks. Frustrating as anything. Fat % has moved either even though I am exercising way more.
    KS - Glad that mess is a memory. There is something you can get put in the main sewer line to make sure it doesn't back flow into the house. I don't know what it is called or if it is there by default. You might want to look into.
    Ruby - Nice to see you.
    Jmgkamp - Welcome. That is an impressive loss in 2 months. Way to go.
    AP - enjoy the shopping. Toss those oversized clothes and don't look back!

3.2 mi in 62 minutes - it was training walk so slower speed, no running. She will learn NOT to pull on the leash.
    Thanks Jackie - I want to improve my running time but am happy so far, considering 3 weeks ago I was averaging 2-4k steps walking per day. Now 10-15k is my norm.

Alf enjoy the trip!

Caramel - Hope you are having a normal and safe week. The news has died down but you never know remotely if they are just dropping the story or there is no story.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 3 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Next two days are good planting days {signs in the breast} and I was going to plant and transplant all the live long day{s}. But today is my cleaning lady day, and my Tampa cousin ask me to go canoeing down the Chipola River tomorrow. He hardly ever asks, so I can't turn him down. I'll just run around doing what I can today. Need to plant peach pits, melon and cantaloupe seeds, and transplant pepper and tomato plants into garden, and sprouts into cups.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    Kelly Sue, so sorry about the plumming problems, that's awful and such a pain to clean up. How's the hubby doing?
    Alf, enjoy your trip, sounds like fun and great to visit the family there.
    Allenpriest you deserve some new pants, but I agree with Larro, a used thrift store is the way to go if you don't want to spend much. You can get 4 or 5 pair of pants, shorts or capri's for the price of one new and you will be set for summer. But, did I say, you totally deserve some new pants. Awesome loss.
    Larro, wow, what a difference in your picture. I bet you feel so much better too. So how come your weight drops so you need to gain?? All that hard work you're doing???? I'm serious though, I am thinking that since you eat so much healthier and your work is so physical, sometimes it drops more than you like?? I don't have that problem, although when I was a teenager I was underweight and couldn't gain. I needed to gain 7 lbs to get in the air force and I tried all summer and didn't gain. Even though I was underweight, I wasn't healthy, I had a little pooch belly and no muscle. I really wish I was into nutrition and fitness then, but at least I have made the change. I don't ever want to be where I was with my health and weight.
    Alisha how is the recovery, hopefully well, and great on the weight loss.
    Curious, what a great loss for you, you're doing great.
    To everyone else and anyone new, keep up doing great, new habits are getting us where we want to be.
    We found out yesterday just before the bus came that my 14 year old hasn't been turning in his work and 3 grades had dropped way down. It makes me so frustrated when he does things like this. I feel like I need to babysit and watch him do his work. He was just on honor roll for last report card. He does this once in awhile though, we are working with the teachers and trying to get caught up. We have ortho tonight and a little grocery shopping then homework. I am down 2 lbs this week, which makes it so much easier to exercise. I am only down one size though which I would thing I would be down more. Holding on to that tummy area for some crazy reason.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Howdy Cool Kids.
    So many of us are celebrating losses this week. Great job Natalie, Allenpriest, Jmgkamp, and Alisha!
    Beeps, life sounds good!
    Larro, I agree with Nick, you do look younger now! Have fun canoeing.
    KS, yikes! Glad you made it to the gas station. I hope you have some smooth sailing time ahead.
    Hello to everyone else! Caramel, yoo hoo! Hoping all is well in your neighborhood.

Last night was a fairly decadent girl's night - ravioli with lamb ragout, wine, wine, whiskey (really good whiskey), chocolate ... phew! Back on the bicycle to work this morning, and low cal days today & tomorrow. I don't think I'll lose too much ground.

A co-workers little girl (almost 11) lost her battle with cancer last night - the office is very subdued today - and of course there's lots food. Odd how every occasion, happy or sad, warrants food. Comfort I suppose.

Well, back to work with me. Have a great Hump Day everyone!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Larro, wow, what a difference in your picture. I bet you feel so much better too. So how come your weight drops so you need to gain?? All that hard work you're doing???? I'm serious though, I am thinking that since you eat so much healthier and your work is so physical, sometimes it drops more than you like?? I don't have that problem, although when I was a teenager I was underweight and couldn't gain. I needed to gain 7 lbs to get in the air force and I tried all summer and didn't gain. Even though I was underweight, I wasn't healthy, I had a little pooch belly and no muscle. I really wish I was into nutrition and fitness then, but at least I have made the change. I don't ever want to be where I was with my health and weight.

When I started on MFP I set 173 as my goal weight because it was a prime number. {Yes, I am one of those math wackos} I never thought I would really get down to 173, so I reset it to 176. When I got there I wasn't able to maintain at that weight. I guess I had learned all the low cal lessons too well {and I was still working out an hour a day back then}. I reset my goal weight to 173, but wasn't able to stay there either. I guess maybe 170 is just my natural weight and I'm not going to worry about it. I have my goal set to gain half a pound a week, but I never reach my calorie goal. The garden is a big part of it. When you burn 1K it is hard to add that back in at bedtime without feeling stuffed.

Meanwhile, back at the ranchero. . . .

I was able to do some of my planting, but the cleaning lady came early, so I'm playing catch-up on the clothes and dishes. She has already started on the downstairs bathrooms, so I will have to shower upstairs. My shower is 6' X 4' so anytime I have to use one of the small showers I feel like I'm stuck in a drum.

Margie and Cousin Dee are going to Marianna when Margie gets off work, so I will be able to get some more done in the garden then. On the way into the house I remembered that I needed to transplant a tangerine tree out of a pot into the ground. It has overgrown the pot and had put roots down so it will be a bear to get up. It's too close to the house now, and has to be moved.

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Larro - great accomplishment on your loss! You really do look younger now!!!!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    CG so sorry to hear about your co-workers daughter.

I came home tonight to find a Police SUV parked at the end of my driveway. Thought maybe someone had tried to break-in and my neighbours called the police. Until I saw the Officer coming out of my neighbours house. My thoughts then turned to Bill. Cheryl found him in their basement, he had cancer as well, they believe he had a massive heart attack 4 or 5 hours before the dog woke her up and she found him. Needless to say I am currently having a drink in his honour and having some comfort food. Tonight all bets are off. I'll go for a run during lunch at work tomorrow and get back on track. :'(
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Jackie- I am so sorry to hear of his passing. We just never know how long we have :( My prayers are with you.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Natalie
    Perhaps the young man needs a good failure with the resulting consequences. Better that at 14 than at 22.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Where are you off to, Alf?

Today, I lifted. And outdoor-walked for two hours. Now zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Thursday and everybody.

I really need to find motivation to exercise. I have a cross trainer at home but haven't used it since before Christmas. I also pay for a gym membership which I don't use currently.

Does anyone have any motivation tips for me?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 4 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!

I think my dog really missed this routine. she was right there "helping" through just about every move. rolling under my "upward/downward dog"...crawling under my "frog". she was cleaning the sweat off my face during "crane" and "wheel". she rolls on my "shivasana", guess she's making sure it's really dead. then to finish things off...she tries to stick her nose in my mouth during "ohms". "puppy dodge Yoga"!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!! Can't sleep! This time change... I found a Bikram place nearby but didn't rent a car and don't like to inconvenience anyone. Planning on a home workout, brought resistance bands and can also use body weight. My sister just left to work. My other one on her way here from the east coast.

Beeps I'm in Sacramento where my older sister lives, her daughter is graduating from San Francisco State University tomorrow. We are heading out there tomorrow until Saturday. Hopefully Napa on Sunday.

Jackie sorry about your loss, sad.

Jingerbird, JUST DO IT!!!! Lol. No, just a little at a time. The more you do it the more you will want it. I just cancelled my gym membership, hated wasting my money. I prefer to work out at home. Look for quick but effective workouts in YouTube to get you re-started.

Have a grand day!!!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Jingerbird, JUST DO IT!!!! Lol. No, just a little at a time. The more you do it the more you will want it. I just cancelled my gym membership, hated wasting my money. I prefer to work out at home. Look for quick but effective workouts in YouTube to get you re-started.

I know you're right, just need to get my lazy *kitten* out of bed in the morning instead of laying there drinking coffee....lol
  • GetFitOrDieLazy
    GetFitOrDieLazy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CalJur wrote: »
    45 feeling and looking like 30. Looking forward to meeting folks on this thread. My goals are detailed on my profile. Feel free to add me and let's do the damn thang in 2012.

I want in in this group!
    Hi everyone!
    I'm from Puerto Rico and I'm 42 next month. It's good to find people who are more like me in these communities! This is great!

Hopin to share good experiences with all of you and good ideas on how to eat healthy!!!!
  • GetFitOrDieLazy
    GetFitOrDieLazy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello 40+ Club!!! This is the first post of the new thread!!! Hope you like the title!!! Thank Chris (whoheis) or complain if you dont like it. LOL

For those who would like to join: We are a group of 40+ (40 yrs and older) peope who like to stay healthy by eating clean, exercising, etc. We support each other by providing health info, giving each other ideas on how to be healthy as we get older. Feel free to join the conversation. We usually report our weightloss/ weight gain, inches lost, struggles, goals, etc on Fridays.

What are your fitness/health goals for this year??? For me, I have started a new lifting program, New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am on my second week. My goal is to become stronger, lose fat, get leaner. I overdid it (not surprising to me) during the Holidays so I have to lose a few pounds and inches...I also want to focus on my nutrition, especially increasing my protein consumption. I am a Zumba Instructor and will of course continue with teaching my 4 classes a week.

Have a great day!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Hello 40+ Club!!! This is the first post of the new thread!!! Hope you like the title!!! Thank Chris (whoheis) or complain if you dont like it. LOL

For those who would like to join: We are a group of 40+ (40 yrs and older) peope who like to stay healthy by eating clean, exercising, etc. We support each other by providing health info, giving each other ideas on how to be healthy as we get older. Feel free to join the conversation. We usually report our weightloss/ weight gain, inches lost, struggles, goals, etc on Fridays.

What are your fitness/health goals for this year??? For me, I have started a new lifting program, New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am on my second week. My goal is to become stronger, lose fat, get leaner. I overdid it (not surprising to me) during the Holidays so I have to lose a few pounds and inches...I also want to focus on my nutrition, especially increasing my protein consumption. I am a Zumba Instructor and will of course continue with teaching my 4 classes a week.

Have a great day!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I want in in this group!
    Hi everyone!
    I'm from Puerto Rico and I'm 42 next month. It's good to find people who are more like me in these communities! This is great!

Hopin to share good experiences with all of you and good ideas on how to eat healthy!!!!
  • l8knut
    l8knut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight (60lbs) and gained it all back and more. Weight has been my #1 issue in my life forever. I'm on my 10th try here but 6 weeks in, I can say that the MFP app is really doing the trick. Just knowing what I'm eating really hits home with me. As far as the gym goes, for me being in the atmosphere with others working out puts me in the "mood" so to speek. I dont like paying for it and honestly, getting up at 5am sucks too. The main thing is to not over do it right away. I think if I were going 6 days a week, it would geet old quick. I am starting out at 3 days a week for 45 min and that is fine for now. I've been here before, I know what works. It's easy now while loosing weight but when the going gets tough 3 mos into this, that will be the hard part. I also know, at 47, things dont work like they did at 30!! LOL
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 on Monday so here's to another successful journey around the sun. w00t w00t