Clean Eating Club ~ February 2009

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in here and say that I really enjoy reading this thread! I enjoy getting idea's on my meals from here! Its been three years since ive discovered clean eating and im still not 100% clean yet....still working on it!

Thanks for the inspiration:flowerforyou:

Hey girl!! Glad you joined in! It's a work in progress so don't feel like it's 100%. I am not 100% clean myself, but I work on making the best choices! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pre-workout:
    Small banana (90)

Workout:
    ChaLean Extreme Lean Circuit #3 + my regular 30 pushups a day (ouch, after all of the chest work and pushups IN the workout! :laugh: )

Meal #1:
    1/4 c. multi grain hot cereal, 1/4 c. old fashioned oatmeal, 1/4 c. Fiber one
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder, 1 T. NM PB, 1/4 c. cottage cheese = 355
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been following along this thread and also love it! I have been eating clean for quite a while but I am really trying to refine it as well! It’s amazing how so many things you think are “clean” are actually not. That is what I am trying to figure out and get lean! Also being a ChaLEAN X-tremer I would love to follow along and get ideas as well. Any ideas for a pre-workout small meal. I workout around 4:30 a.m. and don't feel like eating too much. What kind of Protein Powder do you guys like?

Here's my food so far:

Pre-Workout: Banana
    Post Workout/A.M. Meal:
    2 Egg Whites + 1 Egg Goat Cheese Omelette w/ Spinach & tomatoes.
    1/2 WW Eng Muffin

Snack a.m. will be:
    Cottage Cheese (1/2 C), Grapefruit, Almonds

Lunch: Lean Gr Turkey, WW Tortilla w/ fresh veggies (spinach, romaine, broccoli).

Snack afternoon will be:
    Greek Yogurt w/ Strawberries and tiny bit of Kashi GoLEAN on top.

Dinner: To Follow -- Halibut forsure

OK -- so my first post! How am I doing?!?!? :wink:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in here and say that I really enjoy reading this thread! I enjoy getting idea's on my meals from here! Its been three years since ive discovered clean eating and im still not 100% clean yet....still working on it!

Thanks for the inspiration:flowerforyou:

Hey girl!! Glad you joined in! It's a work in progress so don't feel like it's 100%. I am not 100% clean myself, but I work on making the best choices! :bigsmile:

Hey Jess....i just finished 4DS LIS, my first time doing it and i had so much fun! Thanks for the welcome! Im off to do some cleaning....everybody have a great day!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I confess: I had Trix this morning for breakfast. Definitely not a clean food!! :laugh: But I was at my boyfriend's house and in a rush for work and it's all he had. I figured it was better to eat Trix than nothing for breakfast. I need to work on having more portable foods with me. But you know what? It tasted so *sugary*, and not in a good way. I didn't hate it but I didn't love/ crave it like I used to crave sugar, so that made me happy. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey Jess....i just finished 4DS LIS, my first time doing it and i had so much fun! Thanks for the welcome! Im off to do some cleaning....everybody have a great day!

Ooh, good for you! I haven't done that one in a while! Enjoy your cleaning, it's a never ending job! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I confess: I had Trix this morning for breakfast. Definitely not a clean food!! :laugh: But I was at my boyfriend's house and in a rush for work and it's all he had. I figured it was better to eat Trix than nothing for breakfast. I need to work on having more portable foods with me. But you know what? It tasted so *sugary*, and not in a good way. I didn't hate it but I didn't love/ crave it like I used to crave sugar, so that made me happy. :smile:

Trix??? What?? J/k At least you know now that your taste buds are changing and you don't need all of that sugar anymore! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi there! I have been following along this thread and also love it! I have been eating clean for quite a while but I am really trying to refine it as well! It’s amazing how so many things you think are “clean” are actually not. That is what I am trying to figure out and get lean! Also being a ChaLEAN X-tremer I would love to follow along and get ideas as well. Any ideas for a pre-workout small meal. I workout around 4:30 a.m. and don't feel like eating too much. What kind of Protein Powder do you guys like?

Here's my food so far:

Pre-Workout: Banana
    Post Workout/A.M. Meal:
    2 Egg Whites + 1 Egg Goat Cheese Omelette w/ Spinach & tomatoes.
    1/2 WW Eng Muffin

Snack a.m. will be:
    Cottage Cheese (1/2 C), Grapefruit, Almonds

Lunch: Lean Gr Turkey, WW Tortilla w/ fresh veggies (spinach, romaine, broccoli).

Snack afternoon will be:
    Greek Yogurt w/ Strawberries and tiny bit of Kashi GoLEAN on top.

Dinner: To Follow -- Halibut forsure

OK -- so my first post! How am I doing?!?!? :wink:

Hey ChaLeaner!!! I've just been doing a banana or apple pre-workout. Just enough to give me fuel for my workout, but not enough to make me upset to my tummy. Food looks great! I loooove Greek yogurt, yum yum! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Meal (should have had more, but was not home!):
    Fuji apple (80)
    .5 oz mixed nuts (85) = 165

Meal:
    1 c. Chobani NF Greek yogurt (140)
    1 c. frozen berries (70)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/4 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola (70) = 365

Meal:
    Joseph's Flax & Oatbran pita (60)
    Laughing Cow Light cheese (35)
    Shaved turkey breast (60)
    1 c. spinach (10) = 165

(will probably eat another something small in a bit, I'm still hungry today!)

Going to a church chili/ game night tonight but taking a veggie tray and will make good choices! :bigsmile:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Trix??? What?? J/k At least you know now that your taste buds are changing and you don't need all of that sugar anymore! :wink:

I KNOW, ha ha, Trix... definitely doesn't go along with my new lifestyle. The cool thing is, now I think, wow that's so funny and weird that I ate Trix, where as unfortunately it (and other sugary cereals like that) used to be apart of my regular diet and I would never think twice after eating it!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm here!! I did my 8 mile run on the TM today... so lots of fuel to make up for now!!!!

Pre-run:
    Small banana (90)
    Mela Access bar (110) = 200

Post-run:
    1/2 c. NF yogurt (70)
    1/2 c. frozen berries (35)
    1/2 scoop Kashi Vanilla protein powder (55)
    1/2 small banana (45) =205

Off to make my oatmeal now!!
    Usual oatmeal: (365)
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Wow! 8 miles Jess .... That's awesome. :tongue: Today was Burn It Off & ReCharge - I did Extreme Abs in between the two! Felt good. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Here is my food for today. A little worried about dinner. We are meeting friends at a Mexican rest. :grumble:

Pre-Workout:
    Banana + 1/2 ww Eng Muffin w/ organic PB

Post Workout/A.M. Meal:
    3 Egg Whites + 1/2 C. Oatmeal (mixed together and cooked)

Snack a.m:
    Almonds + 1/2 Apple

Lunch: Black Bean Burger (no bun) & Fresh Veggies

Snack:
    Greek Yogurt w/ Strawberries and tiny bit of Fiber One Cereal on top

Dinner: As healthy as i can find on there menu?!? :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wow! 8 miles Jess .... That's awesome. :tongue: Today was Burn It Off & ReCharge - I did Extreme Abs in between the two! Felt good. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Here is my food for today. A little worried about dinner. We are meeting friends at a Mexican rest. :grumble:

Pre-Workout:

Post Workout/A.M. Meal:

Snack a.m:
    Almonds + 1/2 Apple

Lunch: Black Bean Burger (no bun) & Fresh Veggies

Snack:
    Greek Yogurt w/ Strawberries and tiny bit of Fiber One Cereal on top

Dinner: As healthy as i can find on there menu?!? :bigsmile:

Thanks! Mexican can be tough, I try to just say NO to the chips (because I could eat the whole bowl!) and go for a chicken salad w/ LOTS of salsa on top. Refried beans are good, but check to see if they're fried in lard (some of them are!) or black beans. I try to skip the enchiladas or other fried things! Hope you enjoyed yourself!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Rest of my day....

Lunch:
    Whole grain tortilla w/ Laughing Cow Light cheese & Turkey breast
    Fuji Apple = 275

Snack:
    1/2 c. NF yogurt + 1 T. NM PB + 1/4 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin flax Granola = 225

Dinner: Made homemade fajitas... yummy!!!! I made mine into a salad.
    Big salad w/ spinach, broccoli, tri- colored peppers, onions, mushrooms,
    lean sirloin & deer steak, 2 T. FF sour cream, 1 T. guacamole, Pace picante (556)

Snack:
    SF hot cocoa
    1 T. almond butter = 234

Total: 2,026 Big day w/ burning 850 cals this morning. :bigsmile: Still have 395 left but not hungry so I might eat a little more on my day off tomorrow! I need a rest day! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It's Sunday!! Enjoyed my rest day and slept in til 7:15. :laugh:

Meal #1:
    Multi-grain oatmeal + the usual goodies (355)

Meal #2: (leftovers)
    Big salad w/ spinach, romaine, onions, mushrooms, tri-colored peppers, lean beef sirloin, 2 T. FF sour cream, Pace picante (342)
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Sunday! today I did Fat Bun Challenge & I've Got Abs! from ChaLEAN Xtreme. Hadn't tried those yet but they were both great. Played Volleyball this a.m. after that. :happy:

Didn't go to Mexican last night; they cancelled. So I was saved on the food and ended up making the Halibut with Salsa from Chalean Cookbook! Good. So I ended up under my calories.

Today's food:

Pre-Workout:

Post Workout/A.M. Meal:

Snack a.m:
    Almonds + 1/2 Apple
    String Cheese

Lunch:
    Lean Gr Turkey w/ Salsa on Wheat Tortilla

Snack:
    Fage Yogurt w/ Kashi GoLEAN (1/4 c.)

Dinner:
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
    (fromTosca Clean Eating Cookbook - yum!).

Need to get some more calories ...... any ideas? I'm about 200 under yesterday and today. :huh:

Also, I did get on the scale this a.m. ONLY because my new HRM arrived and I needed to plug in the weight. I have lost 3 lbs. A little bummed with that number but I know something is happening due to measurements. Thoughts/ideas much appreciated! :tongue:

Have a great evening!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I worked out for the first time in two weeks :noway: today! It felt good! For the most part, I could do everything I was able to do before my two weeks of rest, but I did feel a little less strong. That's to be expected, and I'll be stronger again in no time. I'm sure my body benefited from the rest. But I started thinking about back problems, tight clothes, and a body that feels older than its years, and I don't want to go back there again! Time to get back to business. I'm feeling pretty good, except for a little bit of coughing at night still.

Today's exercise: Back, chest, abs, and a 2 mile run on the treadmill.

Food (let me see if I can remember because I didn't record it):

1) Oatmeal, apple, egg white, protein powder, milk, flax
    2) Yogurt, cottage cheese, trail mix, banana, coffee and cream
    3) Grapes
    4) Taco salad with turkey meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa, coffee and cream
    5) Potato corn chowder, whole wheat biscuit, milk

I probably did not eat enough today, which is why I felt free to have some cheese and sour cream. :happy: I've pretty much gotten out of the habit of counting calories and recording my foods, but I've been eating clean, and I haven't gained any weight, so I'm not worried!

I hope everyone else is doing well! :heart:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! today I did Fat Bun Challenge & I've Got Abs! from ChaLEAN Xtreme. Hadn't tried those yet but they were both great. Played Volleyball this a.m. after that. :happy:

Didn't go to Mexican last night; they cancelled. So I was saved on the food and ended up making the Halibut with Salsa from Chalean Cookbook! Good. So I ended up under my calories.

Today's food:

Pre-Workout:

Post Workout/A.M. Meal:

Snack a.m:
    Almonds + 1/2 Apple
    String Cheese

Lunch:
    Lean Gr Turkey w/ Salsa on Wheat Tortilla

Snack:
    Fage Yogurt w/ Kashi GoLEAN (1/4 c.)

Dinner:
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
    (fromTosca Clean Eating Cookbook - yum!).

Need to get some more calories ...... any ideas? I'm about 200 under yesterday and today. :huh:

Also, I did get on the scale this a.m. ONLY because my new HRM arrived and I needed to plug in the weight. I have lost 3 lbs. A little bummed with that number but I know something is happening due to measurements. Thoughts/ideas much appreciated! :tongue:

Have a great evening!

2BLean, my first suggestion if you need more calories would be to eat the whole English muffin and the whole apple :bigsmile: unless you felt like you were completely stuffed afterward.

3 lbs is great, I think! Congrats! :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Welcome back, Cheryl! I'm sure you will be back stronger than ever after taking some much needed time off! :bigsmile: Great to see you posting again! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Meal #3:
    Air-popped popcorn w/ Olivio spray & white cheddar seasoning (162)
    1/2 c. NF yogurt (70) + 1 T. NM PB (85) + 1/4 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (70) = 387

Meal #4:
    Low-carb small tortilla (50) + Laughing cow light cheese (35) + lean pork loin (134)
    Fuji Apple (80) + 1/2 T. Almond butter (48) = 347

Meal #5:
    SF hot cocoa (139)

Total: 1,570 for the day. Rest day, so lower than my usual active day, but still had 30 cals left. :bigsmile: