40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jillianbic
    jillianbic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new & would like to join the cool kids group. How do I do it?
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    jillianbic wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new & would like to join the cool kids group. How do I do it?

Jillian- Welcome! Just join in and post regularly. You can save thread as a favorite by clicking the yellow star at top of page. Glad to have you!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Gamguy- great pictures!!! Thanks for posting.

I ran myself into the ground yesterday doing yardwork & planting my 2 gardens, largest is 25x15 plot. Put in two types of lettuce, broccoli, 18 tomato plants of variety, carrots, green beans, jalapeños, green peppers, cucumbers, yellow & green zucchini, and a variety of herbs. I had over 15,000 steps by end of day. Ended the day with a hot bath and a couple glasses of red wine. Well deserved. ;)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids. I've had late nights and early mornings until I'm used up. I did an 18 hour shift yesterday after very little sleep Friday night. I have about an hour of work left on my cleanup, but don't think I'll make it in today. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I can let it slide until then.

Our AC died last night, so we are not very cool kids today. Luckily we have two units, and the end of the house with my den has air. If the AC guy doesn't get back with us by tonight, we will be sleeping on the sofa sleeper in the den. We have a little graduation supper to go to tonight, so I had a lite lunch. Margie tweaked her tomato, cucumber, onion and pepper salad with the additions of young squash, Jalapeno and mini sweet peppers. It was the first jalapeno and bell peppers picked this year. {and the jalapeno was hot}

I'm hitting the couch with a book and the Indie 500 on the TV, so I should be napping soon.

Jillian, welcome.

Ruby, glad to hear you got your garden in. Good luck with it.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No run yesterday, was way to tired and sore but did several walks. Was supposed to do a 45 minute walk/run this morning...managed 30 minutes. Was still really tired and couldn't figure out why certain muscles were really hurting. Thinking about the work I did it makes sense now. Kali and I just got in from a walk with my neighbour who seems to be doing okay.

Kali is a Black Lab Australian Shepherd mix.2t6bgy7b6aaz.jpg

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    bit warmer today...so, not as far. we tried to stay off the main trails and in the shade. I may have still gotten a bit singed. doesn't take much...

94irih1ddw3w.png

8o2ci7ugurkl.jpg

8.PNG 304.7K
    8.JPG 141.1K
  • Johannjones1
    Johannjones1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You just did Jillian and Johann.
  • hlpnhounds
    hlpnhounds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone !!
    My name is Lori and I would love to join in on the fun here ! I do fit the criteria----I just celebrated my 50th birthday last week as well as a STELLAR improvement in my bloodwork at my annual checkup this week thanks to MFP and my VivoFit2 ! To be honest, I am not super concerned with the numbers on the scale even though by most standards my number there could probably be a good 60# lower than it is.
    My main focus is eating a healthy diet and getting off my butt to enjoy life !

I love to cook and being able to experiment with new foods has been great fun ! I have really enjoyed using MFP to keep me on track with my food intake and my activity as well.

• trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Howdy,

I suspect I need to become a little more accountable, and this forum looks like it has the right vintage of folks :)

A little about me: I've been unhappy with my weight for a while and I seem to de-prioritise it quite regularly (between work and school - I've made the questionable decision to complete my masters, and it's a hole that I can quite comfortable throw most of my spare time into..). Having said that, I have also been lifting for the last year and a half which is great (as in snatch / clean & jerk lifting), and while I'm happy with the gains I've made there - I really should drop about 15 kgs of body fat.

So, I'll be lurking about - this forum makes for a great read, some of you folks have done / are going great guns !

Cheers,
    Trent
  • tashiros
    tashiros Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Would like to be friends :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Still in Cali! Made it to Napa today. Loved it! c0jm21gt2v99.jpg
    zy4o1sp5iha6.jpg
    55f2bo298ln1.jpg
    icn5r74dy5s5.jpg
    bhz7m64ggxz4.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 8 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you had a great and relaxing long weekend.

I took the 75 minute Memorial Day Challenge....25 minutes TRX, 25 minutes Bootcamp outside in the HEAT, 25 minutes BARRE. I feel awesome and will run with the dogs later.

GAM3rguy--Thanks again for sharing your pics of your dog, I love animals and I am sure both of you are pooped after a long walk. You rock with the workouts.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your lives by way of pictures. If someone tell me how to post, I will gladly do the same.

Beeps, Sdereski, 3furballs, Larro, KellySue, Natalieunlimited, Alf, Ruby, AllenPriest, and CG....A special hello to you.....

Welcome all newbies

Have a great day and remember to encourage someone.

As BEEPS says so eloquently......BOOM
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    That's napa?!??!?! Holy smokes....how GORGEOUS! Enjoy, Alf!! (You seem to be traveling quite a bit lately.....lucky you!)

Hi caramel!

Just did a walk, today....will lift tomorrow.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures, alf. I'll add mine - went to see a Mecican naval training ship while it was docked in Norfolk this weekend. I'm still not used to living so near the sea!cypk7o02qp3c.jpg
    7kqvwb7n4oei.jpg
  • Patsalmer
    Patsalmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok I think its about time I introduce myself, sorry between graduations, bday parties, and end of the year band concerts hadn't gotten around to it... But I would love to b a part of this group... So here is a little about myself..... I am 41, married for almost 21 years now.. WOW time flies!! I have 3 kids, the oldest will be 20 soon, my middle 13 and youngest is 6... This is my second time on MFP, the first time was in 2012, lost 25lbs then, unfortunatley due to life events, stress and injury I gained the weight back And then some.... But I have decided to get back at it, this time with some support from this community forum which I had no idea existed last time around... When I stopped exercising late 2013, I was running 20-30 miles a week, now I cant even run 1, but I will get back to running like I used to... That is my goal, along with losing 40+ lbs of course... i have already lost 5+ since I began to watch what I eat a month ago... So that's a little about me I look forward to being involved in the group here.... Oh by the way my name is Patty...
  • Tautara
    Tautara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all me and my wife have just got our selves back into the fitness and health buzz as we eat pop corn after a workout session (just couldn't help ourselves lol) love what we have read and some great stories that have motivated us to stick with it. Hopefully in time we can help others reach their goals we are both 42 still active I still play rugby which seems to be getting more painful by the year. Wife love dancing but we both seem to go up and down in our goal to reach our goals. Looking forward to be contributing.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 9 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Plyometrics"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Hi Caramel! Nice job on the challenge!

Hit up kickboxing last night, holy sweaty! The club is really hot and stuffy come hot weather, takes a bit of getting used to.

Hello to all the the new folks, you'll find lots of motivation here.