Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• 196449ab
    196449ab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new. I've always been skinny until my 30s hit and my mom suddenly died. Then i became depressed and an emotional eater. I would binge eat at night after my fiance went to bed. I have been in total denial of my weight gain, until my dr told me i am obese. I need to lose 100 lbs, so i joined a bootcamp, got on a lean body meal plan, but i need help and support. Thanks!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @1964-- Welcome!

@kaye-- Happy belated birthday. Sorry that your DH is sick, but glad to hear he at least has a proper diagnosis now. Yay for water aerobics starting up again.

@lori-- you're too funny, but correct that I don't at all care about errors in posts. I view all of this as casual conversation--if we were talking in person I wouldn't correct informal diction or syntax either. However, if you ever give me a formal paper to grade, watch out!! I'm ruthless with my red pen. LOL

@robin-- Happy birthday! Glad you got your shots taken care of and can build up your walking strength again. My cortisone shot didn't hurt at all which made me happy. Also, I don't think I will be getting regular shots b/c my ortho said if this one along with PT doesn't get my shoulder back to full strength and range of motion, he will order an MRI and surgical consult. He said, "You're only 45, we can't have you living like this." I hope you have a wonderful vacation--wow, are you really gone for a full month, or did you mean June 3rd?

@nikki-- so glad to see you back. As lori said, you know what to do and will do it--we all get off track sometimes. Your visit with your sister sounds like a wonderful way to honor the memories of your loved ones.

Sunday Share:
    For the new folks, I'm karen--a HS English Lit teacher from Chicago. I'm married with one fur-kid who's spoiled rotten. :smile:

Weight is back down comfortably within my typical 5 lb range though not at it's lowest.

Grading is coming along--only 10 more essays which I will finish tomorrow.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 3/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein 1/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: 1/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 50/60 JRPs
    2. x/60 Hemingway analyses
    3. x/60 Quote analyses
    4. x/60 Poem journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner+ gym
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--leaving for Nashville
    Fri--Nashville
    Sat--Nashville

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • LisaC1202
    LisaC1202 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    196449ab wrote: »
    Hi I'm new. I've always been skinny until my 30s hit and my mom suddenly died. Then i became depressed and an emotional eater. I would binge eat at night after my fiance went to bed. I have been in total denial of my weight gain, until my dr told me i am obese. I need to lose 100 lbs, so i joined a bootcamp, got on a lean body meal plan, but i need help and support. Thanks!

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Skinny - well, we'll just see...
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just got caught up on all the posts. I have been a busy beaver all weekend and didn't get my food recorded because of service issues but had it enough to at least get logged on once a day and not lose my streak so yay for that. My son and I joined my brother and his family on a camping trip Friday and Saturday night to Mt. St Helens. It was truly wonderful. I cant believe I haven't gone before since I only live about 3 hrs away. Friday was getting to the campground and getting set up and then just relaxing around the fire and enjoying time with family. The weather wasn't perfect but it was in the sixties and the most rain we got was some off and on sprinkles. Saturday was our big day. We went to the mountain and did some sight seeing and then it was the big adventure. We went to a spot called the Ape caves which is actually lava tubes you can hike through. It was amazing. They had to different hikes and we decided to go for the harder one and see if we could do it. I was so amazingly proud of myself that day. The hike itself is only 1.25 miles through the tube but it is pitch black with only whatever light you bring and there were piles of boulders all through it that you had to climb over and thread through. At one point when we over halfway through we came on one obstacle that we thought might defeat us. There was a vertical wall at least 8 feet high with a rope hanging down and the only way through was climbing up it. Well my brother went up first and then my son stayed down on the bottom and they got the kids up first who are 11 and 7. The kids actually did pretty good and only needed minimal help. I was next and I defenitley needed their help but I was also pulling on the rope and scrabbling for foot and handhold for all I was worth. Then they helped my sil up the same way and then my son climbed up. There was lots oh high fiving and cheering in our little group after that lol. I think my biggest shock though came when we got out and started hiking back to the start area it was all downhill. The amazing part of that is I try to always avoid hikes with a lot of uphill cause I always thought they were to hard for me. In the dark and focusing on the boulders and what not I didn't realize I was going uphill for over a straight mile. I think its time to challenge myself a little more. I had one more nice moment theat night. I went to bed a little earlier then my son and brother so as I was falling asleep I was listening to them talk. They were talking about how they had been worried the whole time about one of us getting hurt or injured and my brothers surprise at how well I did and how he didn't think I would make it through that cave when he and wife were talking about it on the way up there. My son told him I was a lot more fit now then the family gave me credit for. He said he had noticed a real difference after being gone for work for two months. That gave me a nice little happy glow as I drifted off to sleep. Now today is back to the reality of chores and getting my house cleaned up and my truck cleaned out.

@lori I am happy to hear your dad is doing better. I hope he continues to feel better.
    @Karen so glad you are getting some help with your shoulder. Sounds like it was a very good pt session.
    @Kaye I am sorry your poor husband had to go through all that. Hopefully he starts to feel better now. Happy birthday as well.
    @kah that is insane that there have been that many tornadoes already. Mother nature is going a little insane lately. I am happy you were able to get your travel plans worked out. You guys are going to make your folks so happy.

Well I guess I better get started. I don't think my chores are going to do themselves. Have a great day everyone. :):):)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in

13541709.png

Back down this week, but still over the lowest I'd achieved back before I hit the slippery-slope in March.

Yesterday would have been a perfect food day except that I got off-track at supper. I picked up a couple of sliced of pizza on my way home from my sis visit. That wouldn't have been bad except we had stopped at a local cheese store that we only get to go to when we are in our parent's old neighborhood out in the country side. Sis wanted to pick up their mozarella for a recipe. I spotted a stick of pepperoni and picked it up for something I thought I'd make during the week ... and that stick ended up being the pizza chaser last evening.

Thanks for the encouragement you've given me, Kay, Lori, and Karen. Lori you look like a different woman from when you first started your journey. Kaye, hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon, poor boy. Skinny, good that you are following the PT advice on your shoulder. Too many people wait too long and then end up needing a shoulder replacement instead of a rotator cuff repair.

Jtconst, that was a real adventure in that cave!
    Goinstd, Family Feud is one of my favorite late afternoon shows. Hope to catch the one your family is on.

Welcome to the new posters. Hope you get your plans going and get the successes you struggler over.

AFM ... I need to work on getting balance in my life ... and moderation!

Have a very good week everyone.
    Follow-through .... Niki
  • lbpena119
    lbpena119 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day All!
    I'm new to this group, but so far I like what I've been reading.
    You all seem very close, even the newcomers ;)
    The title really caught my eye since I need to lose roughly120 lbs at the moment. Have to admit I've never been accused of being, "small" for my age_ so it would be interesting to see what that might feel like.
    Worries/fears?? Yup... Plenty.
    I'm afraid I'll fail... AGAIN!
    Worried it will change who I am and turn me into one of those self-obsessed women everyone loves to hate :(
    Scared I'll reach my goal, but still won't be able to wear the clothes I want due to loose skin or other surprises.
    Worried I'll have to give up too much to reach it in the first place.
    I've just lost 20 lbs in five weeks, and already I'm hearing the good and the bad of it.
    It isn't the first time I've been successful the first months... have had plenty first months, then I lost control and here I am :(
    I Need to succeed this time. If only to enjoy it while I still can. Though in truth, it feels as if I'm losing focus yet again.
    Any thoughts group?
    Let me know how you've been able to deal.
    Thanx
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @lbpena119 I have an inspirational quote for you. "NO ONE CAN GO BACK AND MAKE A BRAND NEW START,HOWEVER ANYONE CAN START FROM NOW AND MAKE A BRAND NEW ENDING. I have a ways to go, about 85 lbs to go, but what I am realizing is that its not the number, or a weight that I am striving to get to, but to a place....a mindset....a freedom of inner-stress...that I am searching for. So my journey starts every time I put my two feet on the carpet in the morning. Your worse critic is your self, so be your best supporter, and stop with negative feelings. Welcome to this wonderful group...I have piles of negative here and there, just step over....
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Annr- i agree that i am my worst critic. I cant seem to stop the negative thoughts and am trying to get my head back in the game. I cant seem to do this just for me
  • Annr
    Options
    @karenleona I have inspirational quotes for you... :-)
    Put these on your frig, in your bathroom, and say them aloud, or in your brain...whatever works for you.
    -IF ITS IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU'LL FIND A WAY. IF ITS NOT, YOU'LL FIND AN EXCUSE.
    -LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T THE KEY TO HAPPINESS.....HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGHT....(smile now)
    -TAKE PLEASURE IN PERSEVERING: THAT IS WHAT SEPARATES THOSE WHO KEEP PUSHING FORWARD FROM THOSE WHO THROW IN THE TOWEL. (this is a great one for your bathroom)
    finally one by where you cook:
    -THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT IN FOOD PREPARATION IS MY MOOD!
    I think of this journey I am on as a reboot, a reprograming of my mind in how I relate to food and my body. So, do your homework, make your kitchen a place where great decisions are made and cooked.
    -watch the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love". :-)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm back. Sorry, I've missed a lot of posts. I am off track yet again but starting back at physio on Wednesday. I've had some time off from it to just rest. My back, neck, shoulders and feet feel pretty good because of that. Now my knees are starting to bother me again. Right knee pain at the back, like a tight pain, with clicking and feeling like my knee needs to get back into place. I also have sharp pains in the front of both knees on either side of the knee caps when I walk briskly. Went to the clinic, doc thinks its bursitis or tendonitis. I'm to tell physio and have them rehab me and go see her in a month if no improvement. I wanted to start running again... guess that's not going to happen.

I bought some groceries today and actually made dinner. Baby steps. I'm so lazy but so tired of fast food (and disgusted actually). I need to get back to making all my meals at home. I'm bringing healthy snacks to work so that's a start.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tanya-- great to see you back! I know what you mean about being lazy. I have chicken thawed that I must cook for lunch for the week, but I just don't feel like doing it right now.

@becca (annr)-- love all of the quotes!!

@karenleona-- great to see you are still around. Isn't it odd how hard it is to be selfish enough to take care of ourselves.

@tammy (jtconst)-- sounds like a great camping trip!

Monday Check-in:
    I had a pretty good day. Gunner let me sleep in this morning, then I took him for a walk, then went for a run outside. After showering, I went to grade. Only got through a few papers before I started feeling kind of icky. I thought maybe I was just hungry, but even after dinner I don't feel great. Kind of nauseous and head-achy. I'm going to take some aleve and then lie down for a bit as it seems like the onset of a migraine.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 3/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein 1/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: 1/3 runs
    Week 4: 1/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 53/60 JRPs
    2. x/60 Hemingway analyses
    3. x/60 Quote analyses
    4. x/60 Poem journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--leaving for Nashville
    Fri--Nashville
    Sat--Nashville

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • misscrys00
    misscrys00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to this thread. I have been trying to change eating habits and be more active since February and with the warmer weather, I have finally been able to get into a routine of walking at least three days a week. It's not far, just around the neighborhood but lots of up and down and it's about 30 minutes of exercise, which is more than I had been doing.
    My goal is actually to lose 125 pounds. I have no set time frame; but, with lupus, no thyroid, and years of unhealthy habits to break, I know this will not happen overnight.
    I am looking forward to the encouragement and motivation from all. Kudos and best wishes to all on their journey!

CJ
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @jtconst - wow, congrats on your trek through the caves - what a wonderful time, and so rewarding to realize how far you have come towards a healthy lifestyle! Now that you know what you are capable of, you can try other things you didn't think you were capable of!
    @robinsegg - happy belated birthday, and I hope you have a great time on your vacation!
    Well I feel sorta like a drowned rat - it's been raining like crazy here, and there have been tornados and flash floods and even a dam that broke (thankfully a small one, haven't heard anything about any property damage related to that) and lots of water rescues and a few missing people. Terrible weather! Floods in San Marcos in the middle of the night were the worst 'cause nobody expected them, and lives were lost. My heart aches for the families and for those who were lost.
    Thankfully, me and mine are well and safe. And tomorrow I'm staying home and staying dry.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Robin~Glad the cortisone injections help your sciatica, definitely need to keep up on that if your doc will administer them every six months—most docs won’t. There is actually a limit for most joints because continued cortisone injections damage the tissues and ligaments surrounding the joints. Happy belated birthday! Enjoy that long vacay!

@Tammy~What a fun weekend of camping and hiking, so many NSV for you this weekend. Awesome!

@Karen~Hope you are feeling better. I got to sleep in yesterday, too—I was glad after the emergency alerts going off on my phone all night Saturday (ugh, these storms!) Enjoy your trip to Nashville at the end of the week.

@Kaye~Happy belated birthday to you as well. I’m sorry DH has been sick, but I’m glad they figured out the root of the problem and that he is on the right meds for it—hope he makes a speedy recovery.

@GOINSTD12 (Tracy)~Did you get much rain yesterday? I heard the Austin area got around 10”. It’s crazy.

Welcome to all the newlings!

AFM~I had a friend in for the weekend, so didn’t check the thread much. We shopped and finished planning excursions for August cruise (along with making final payment :grimace:). We received good news on our February ’16 cruise too—fare went down and under current promotion we get complimentary gratuities for that cruise. Sweet deal! :smile: I’m water logged and so over this weather—haven’t been able to ride my bike for two weeks because of it. We have never experienced a Spring like this before, two more tornadoes touched down in the area briefly over the weekend and almost all of the rivers and lakes have breached their spillways—the flooding is intense and still more storms expected this week. Houses are washing away and lives are being lost, it’s sad. :cry: I hope there is an end to the storms soon.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy belated birthday to Kaye and Ellen!

Today's Reason to Celebrate
    May 26, 2015 is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
    Today is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day! Although cheesecake recipes can be traced all the way back to Ancient Greece, the flavored versions we know and love today are a fairly recent innovation. People have come up with all sorts of interesting and unique cheesecake flavors, but today is a celebration of the classic blueberry variety.
    The type of cheese used to make cheesecake has a huge impact on the flavor and texture of this delicious dessert. American cheesecakes are made with cream cheese, Italian cheesecakes are made with ricotta, and German and Polish cheesecakes are made with “quark” cheese, which is a type of curd cheese.
    Blueberry cheesecake is one of the most popular cheesecake flavors. Enjoy a heavenly slice (or two) today to celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama

11857432.png

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm baaccck. I've been gone so long there is no way I can go back and read it all. I have skimmed the last few days. Tammy, your story inspired me about your "Uphill" success. We are travelling to Colorado the middle of July and I need to get better at the uphill part.

A quick recap. My name is Tracy. I'm 42 and live in Bismarck, ND with my husband (Michael) and two kids (Jacob - 13 and Emma - 8). I work out of my home doing quality improvement for a life insurance company. Still making cakes but I'm learning to manage my time a bit better with them. I hosted a bridal shower/bachelorette party for my sister in April. It was a lot of fun but at 2:30 in the morning I had to tell them to leave because I needed to get up for church in the morning. Then the wedding was May 15th. We had been really dry here and then the rains started (I'm in North Dakota). The only day in a week that it didn't rain was her wedding day. Overcast during pictures (which I think gives the best lighting for pictures) and then just as the ceremony was happening outside the sun started to peak through the clouds. It was a gorgeous wedding and the only hard part was when she walked down the aisle. She was a daddy's girl and he's been gone for 9 years now. Luckily, my Mom had enough strength to walk her down the aisle. Just got back from Memorial Day weekend in South Dakota visiting my best friend. Michael couldn't make it but the kids and I had fun.

On the way home, I just knew that I needed to get back at this. My clothes aren't as comfortable anymore (although at least I haven't outgrown them). I had sunflower seeds for the drive (I will always use them when I drive to stay awake as needed) but have thrown the leftovers out.

As far as my plans to get back on track...three different things. Log my food, drink at least 90 oz of water a day and get to the gym 3 days a week.

Tuesday: Gym (cardio or lifting)
    Wednesday: Gym (opposite of Tuesday)
    Thursday: Gym (family fitness with Emma)
    Friday: Work on Cakes
    Saturday: Water Aerobics
    Sunday: Rest

Just wrapped up my first 30 oz...gotta go refill.

• ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend! Memorial Day we went to the Veteran's Memorial cemetery presentation. They have a program there with a couple speakers that were very moving. I think I went over on the last two days but it is the work days again and I should get back on track.
    Since it is raining off and on, not like some areas, I decide to made some more split pea soup, this time use a recipe for the crockpot. It did not even have me soak the peas. It has smoked sausage added. I think it turned out very good. It was so easy, onion, carrot, potatoes smoked sausage, chicken bouillon, celery, garlic power, oregano and a couple bay leaves. Turn it on and forget about it. I have some for lunches this week. Found this on Allrecipes site.
    I am glad to see all you still on and trying and moving forward dealing with life and your health. Thanks for your support.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The good news just keeps coming. Over the weekend my mouth started really hurting. Today the dentist told me that it is abscessed because the teeth that are holding my bridge have rotted out. He wanted to take them out next week. I talked him into waiting until after our anniversary party, because it takes 6 weeks to get the partial in. If the infection clears up and will stay at bay, he will wait. Feeling pretty discouraged. Dh is feeling some better.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Annr
    Options
    @ushkii I love using smoked sausage in my soup creations! I buy them when its buy one and you get one free...then I take and cut them into 3-5oz segments. This guarentee's that I would cut up the whole blasted thing and saute it! Plus it makes the soups quite low-calorie but I always am drinking so much water after, because its still kind of high sodium.
    Glad you like my quotes folks....here I have more for you:

-I GAIN WEIGHT BECAUSE MY HEAD MAKES FOOD DECISIONS THAT IGNORE WHAT MY BODY WANTS...

-EATING IS DESIGNED TO RUIN YOUR APPETITE! (