Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

Ooh, that's a challenge! Umm, let me think... Positive attributes...

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Confession: It took me ten minutes to come up with those.

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)

That's great! Add smart to your positive attributes.

I'm completely nonconfrontational too.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)

Congratulations!

• margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh for like five minutes, and I really needed it - thank you! :) And to explain: I walk in my basement and we have a pantry down there. It was pretty easy to grab the bag and get right back to my walking. But walking around with a pocket full of Chex mix on a daily basis doesn't sound like a bad idea actually ;)

I think you're on to something here...
    My confession for today: I have plans to go shopping to buy some summer clothes. I need a few pairs of capris and a few shirts to go with them but I have no motivation to do anything. Hubby and I have just the one vehicle and normally it isn't a problem since I am usually at work during the day and he uses it for his job. But today, I just want the truck and I just want to drive. I don't want to walk to the bus stop, wait for buses, sit on trains, or do any of that. I also want to go to the store to pick up groceries for dinner but again, don't even feel like walking there even though walking is the only exercise I can do right now. I thought about buying online but I really hate buying clothes w/o trying them on.

I also need to pull my dandelions, just because they are dandelions and they must all die. Normally that would give me some satisfaction (DIE DANDELIONS DIE!!!) but all I want to do is be lazy - but then I feel guilty for being lazy.

Maybe I will just watch a movie...
    Yes, yes they must! They're worse than ever this year. I'm embarrassed to say that my neighbor caught me standing outside shouting, "Get off my lawn!" at the weeds like a crazy person, LOL! I just came back in from outside after nearly 2 hours of weed pulling, and it was very cathartic. :)

I feel ya, @smashley_mashley. Running errands on public transportation is the WORST. We're a one-car family, too. The cost of parking at work is just out of control, so no use in having a second car.

And, sorry all of you dandelion haters, but I'm pretty much your worst nightmare. I love to make wishes on them, thereby spreading their seeds all around the neighborhood. My husband always fusses at me, but I need my wish!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: The other day my 2 1/2 year old told me to go stand in the corner for saying the word stupid

And did you? lol

:) Actually no, I said I was sorry so I didn't have to
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Not for nothing! Think how much you might be up if you weren't getting it right 75% of the time plus still exercising! It's easy to completely give up, but you're hanging in there. Just focus on one day at a time.

And please explain to me how you were walking around with a pocketful of Chex mix?! ;) I love that, haha. Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

That made me laugh for like five minutes, and I really needed it - thank you! :) And to explain: I walk in my basement and we have a pantry down there. It was pretty easy to grab the bag and get right back to my walking. But walking around with a pocket full of Chex mix on a daily basis doesn't sound like a bad idea actually ;)
    My confession for today: I have plans to go shopping to buy some summer clothes. I need a few pairs of capris and a few shirts to go with them but I have no motivation to do anything. Hubby and I have just the one vehicle and normally it isn't a problem since I am usually at work during the day and he uses it for his job. But today, I just want the truck and I just want to drive. I don't want to walk to the bus stop, wait for buses, sit on trains, or do any of that. I also want to go to the store to pick up groceries for dinner but again, don't even feel like walking there even though walking is the only exercise I can do right now. I thought about buying online but I really hate buying clothes w/o trying them on.

I also need to pull my dandelions, just because they are dandelions and they must all die. Normally that would give me some satisfaction (DIE DANDELIONS DIE!!!) but all I want to do is be lazy - but then I feel guilty for being lazy.

Maybe I will just watch a movie...

Yes, yes they must! They're worse than ever this year. I'm embarrassed to say that my neighbor caught me standing outside shouting, "Get off my lawn!" at the weeds like a crazy person, LOL! I just came back in from outside after nearly 2 hours of weed pulling, and it was very cathartic. :)

Sounds like it. :smile:

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I think this is a great trait to have! I'm the opposite. I usually assume the worst, although I'm trying to work on it. I will use you as my inspiration: WWSD? (What would Suzie do? lol). I think the second one is good too, because too many people are inconsiderate with other people's feelings.

And congrats on your diploma!

Aww, thank you! :)

Ooh, I don't think I've been an inspiration before! :-O I do really go out of my way to make excuses for them. A really funny example is one that happened when I was about fifteen.

My mother had just hired a new part-time housekeeper, and on the morning that she was supposed to show up, she didn't. My mom was super-pissed off, because not only had she not shown up three hours later, she wasn't answering her phone.

Since I recalled that the lady had been eager for work, what I said to my mom was this: "Maybe she forgot her phone at home, then got lost on her way here. And since she forgot her phone, she can't call for directions..."

My mom basically rolled my eyes at me and told me that this explanation was REALLY clutching at straws, and continued badmouthing her and complaining about how she was inconsiderate and unreliable. About forty five minutes later, we had a ring at our doorbell, and it was the lady. She looked hot and tired and said something along the lines of:

"I left my house early this morning so I could arrive here early, but I forgot my mobile phone in a taxi yesterday. I got lost since I couldn't call you, so I kept looking. I'm sorry that I'm late."

I totally smirked a know-it-all smile at my mom... ;)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

Zinc lozenges!!! They're the best.

Where would I find these?

• Susieq_1994
    Options

Ok, so there's one straight off - intelligent!

Aww, thank you! :) Although I didn't get a proper "formal" education, I am quite well-read, so that helped me out a lot. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

Oh that's awful. I'm sorry. I get horribly frustrated at health care costs too :(

So on Monday we went out to lunch with friends... They picked Friendly's. There was *one* option under 500 calories on the menu (and the rest was pretty much 800 calories or more). And it was a salad. I had checked their menu online and there was some turkey dish I wanted to get but it wasn't in the menu there. So I got a bit bitchy about it because I didn't want a salad (before the friends showed up though!). Ended up having the salad anyway because I was starving (and it was ok). But everyone else got some 1500+ calories dishes. They're all obese. I felt extremely self conscious ordering my salad with fat free dressing... One of the women was the one who asked me how I stayed 'so skinny' on Sunday too. I guess she knows now.

I did get an ice cream cone, and I ordered one scoop and they gave me two. Not too happy about that either, but I was actually under my goal by 200 that day at least. And it was good. But yeah, I don't understand why they'd do that?

Maybe because they knew all you ate before that was a salad with fat free dressing! Not saying it was right of them, of course. Sorry you had to settle for the salad, but I refuse to eat fat free dressing. Pretty gross most of the time. I'll get oil and vinegar instead if there are no other options.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

That's great! Add smart to your positive attributes.

I'm completely nonconfrontational too.
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Congratulations!

Thank you both! :) After I published the two positive attributes I realized that I probably could have gotten away with writing "smart" after the "extra" confession.... ;)
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Being unemployed is one of the BIGGEST stressors / life events to go through. Cut yourself some slack, please! You DID get out and walk. Who cares if you had a snack, too? Your legs still benefit. It's reasonable to be emotional about being unemployed, but try to remove that emotion when planning your food and exercise. Those are just "have tos". Things you HAVE to do. Try not to associate emotions with them. Good luck on finding employment!

Thank you. I've been thinking a lot about advice you gave me before about compartmentalizing, and that's something I definitely need to try harder to do, especially where food is concerned. Breaking the connection between emotion and food and treating them totally separate will definitely help keep me on track in the long run. I guess it just takes practice.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    saboorina wrote: »
    Uuugggg. Now I feel sooooo guilty. I had a break down with my healthy eating habits. I'm on a low carb diet. I've been doing great for a month and a half. I work the night shift stocking shelves. Last night I got moved out of my normal area into the candy department.I was doing so good......until I saw them. Those sweet decadent, yummy grape flavored red vines. They were calling out to me......"sabrina..eat me. Just one. One won't hurt". I ate the whole dang package. 400 waisted calories, plus a chocolate protien shake..an other 400 calories. Had to go for a long bike ride, so I can at least have something for dinner besides lettus.

I haven't tried those yet. They sound interesting, but I don't know for sure. Sorry they tempted you, though! Now you've satisfied the craving so hopefully it won't happen again for a while, right?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: Recently, as an attempt at portion control, I tried to make one of those "Microwave Peanut Butter Cookie in a Mug" recipes that I saw on YouTube instead of making a whole tray of cookies and risking eating them all. It was awful and sad and doesn't deserve the name "cookie". *sniffle*

SO, today, I wanted peanut butter cookies (I always want peanut butter cookies), but I didn't have enough of any ingredient to make a tray of cookies. So I made the recipe for the microwave cookie, topped it with a bit of whipped cream, and ate the dough raw. Delicious! ;)
  • kecmw25
    Options

I think this is a great trait to have! I'm the opposite. I usually assume the worst, although I'm trying to work on it. I will use you as my inspiration: WWSD? (What would Suzie do? lol). I think the second one is good too, because too many people are inconsiderate with other people's feelings.

And congrats on your diploma!

Aww, thank you! :)

Ooh, I don't think I've been an inspiration before! :-O I do really go out of my way to make excuses for them. A really funny example is one that happened when I was about fifteen.

My mother had just hired a new part-time housekeeper, and on the morning that she was supposed to show up, she didn't. My mom was super-pissed off, because not only had she not shown up three hours later, she wasn't answering her phone.

Since I recalled that the lady had been eager for work, what I said to my mom was this: "Maybe she forgot her phone at home, then got lost on her way here. And since she forgot her phone, she can't call for directions..."

My mom basically rolled my eyes at me and told me that this explanation was REALLY clutching at straws, and continued badmouthing her and complaining about how she was inconsiderate and unreliable. About forty five minutes later, we had a ring at our doorbell, and it was the lady. She looked hot and tired and said something along the lines of:

"I left my house early this morning so I could arrive here early, but I forgot my mobile phone in a taxi yesterday. I got lost since I couldn't call you, so I kept looking. I'm sorry that I'm late."

I totally smirked a know-it-all smile at my mom... ;)

That's an awesome story. I'm similar in that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. When I was in high school, my boss told me I should be a defense attorney because I pretty much defended everyone.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Congratulations!! That's fantastic!

My two positive attributes would be intelligent (and I think Susieq you could have that one too) and caring.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    How do you guys reconcile cheat days? I'm pretty much being encouraged on all sides to calm down for a least a day or a weekend with the logging and strict eating and have a cheat meal or two. But having my cals in the red is something I don't particularly enjoy seeing and have only done it once since starting (It was last weekend and I was running a half marathon the next day which is usually a guaranteed 950-1100 kcals burned). But I can't get past myself.

Do you just log it and move on? Or do you not log it and move on? I haven't had any of my favorites in a long time because of this anxiety. :frowning:

I just had a big family reunion weekend, 3 days of eating all the foods, did not log anything at all, how could I really, it was all homemade desserts, and stuff. I gained half a pound and it's already gone away. (we were pretty active the whole weekend too, so that helped) Mmm, Lemon Meringue pie, Chocolate cream pie, Apple pie, cherry pie, brownies, banana pudding cake, cookies, it was crazy!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.
    I'm so sorry. I know pregnancy wreaks havoc on a lot of women's teeth but that is extreme.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I went over my calories today by 400 and I'm not allowed to work out (Drs orders) as I've hurt my back :(

Oh, no! Hope it's not serious. What happened?

I honestly have no idea what I did! Middle upper back and lower right back causing me pain. I honestly think it's from the way I've been sitting at work. I sit with one leg under me or I sit leaning to the side a lot. This is my first desk job since college (before I always worked on my feet) and I don't think it's doing me any favors!

Definitely the source, I'd say! Poor posture will catch up to you quickly. I know because it's much more comfortable for me to sit the way you describe or cross my legs, but I didn't like dealing with all the pain so I got a flat foot rest for my feet and keep them on it at all times and sit as posture-perfect as possible (without looking like a weirdo). I keep my monitors at a correct level and use a shoulder rest for my phone. Every little effort helps!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

I confess that I've totally done that too... With the Speculoos/Biscoff cookie butter!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

AWESOME! Congratulations and very proud of you both for that and for listing positive attributes!