Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, Vicki

Just for today Saturday 30/05
    1. 9500 steps (I am trying to hit 10000 by tomorrow. Did 9150 yesterday) :) 10150
    2. Stay under basic calorie allowance, without eating cardio add on calories :)
    3. Strength: legs: lateral raises/squats 10x6 (I just started doing these last week) :/
    4. Cardio: 40 minutes + :)
    5. Remember to log water. (I have a tendency to miss this one) :)
    6. Work in the garden, weather permitting :| Too wet. Went to the garden centre instead
    Hope things with your dad work out, Vicki. It is such a worry when they are ill.
    I thought I posted here this morning but can't find it :(
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I thought I posted here this morning but not sure what happened. So here is what I hoped to do.

Just for today, Sunday 31/05
    1. 10,000 + steps. I may have to go out for a walk after I get home from visiting in the evening.
    2. Stay under calorie goal. I have a family party after lunch so am eating light for breakfast and lunch to compensate.
    3. Try and get out for a walk if the weather permits.
    4. Log water. I tend to forget this one.

Not too difficult
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - thanks for thinking of me. It is pretty difficult right now. Dad is not doing too good.

You are doing good on your goals. Keep up the good work. I finally reached my goal weight this morning and we are going to visit our son for his youngest sons two year bd. wish me luck on my eating.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

I just discovered the MFP community and was happy to find this thread. I have major depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, dysthymia, and generalized anxiety disorder, and I'm on many medications.My goals will be laughably small to most of you, but I'm hoping this forum will help me make progress and also help me recognize my progress.

Just for today, I will:
    1. Not go back to bed.
    2. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least three times.
    3. Drink 14 cups of water.
    4. Not eat any high sugar comfort foods.
    5. Not order pizza even if I'm too depressed to prepare food.

That's the best thing about this group, there is no goal too small and everyone's "one day at a time" is important. You just work on whatever is right for yourself today. You are worth the effort.

• ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For the month of June I have given up sugar (wish me luck -I think I'm a little addictive), so will have to take that one day at a time. But Just for today I will ensure that I will drink 2l of water.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I thought I posted here this morning but not sure what happened. So here is what I hoped to do.

Just for today, Sunday 31/05
    1. 10,000 + steps. I may have to go out for a walk after I get home from visiting in the evening. :) 10,807
    2. Stay under calorie goal. I have a family party after lunch so am eating light for breakfast and lunch to compensate. :) Under goal but ate into my exercise calories. :|
    3. Try and get out for a walk if the weather permits. :))) great walk on the Lagan towpath in Belfast. Had to go out again when we got home at 10pm to get my steps target.
    4. Log water. I tend to forget this one. :/ I will do it as soon as I post here lol

Not too difficult

Just for today Monday 1/06
    1. 10,000 + steps.
    2. Under basic calorie goal. No eating back exercise calls!
    3. 10x6 abs crunches.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - thanks for thinking of me. It is pretty difficult right now. Dad is not doing too good.

You are doing good on your goals. Keep up the good work. I finally reached my goal weight this morning and we are going to visit our son for his youngest sons two year bd. wish me luck on my eating.

All the best on that, Vicki. Enjoy your family time :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    JFT - stay strong with dads sickness and not stress eat.

Started maintenance yesterday and leave town to visit son and two grandsons. Youngest will be two. BD party and amusement park. Life challenges! Wish me luck.

You all have helped me so much for the past 4 months. You have been the reason I have stayed the course. We are all so worth it.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    best of luck to Vicky!

JFT - I will not eat back all the calories (plus more) i spend exercising
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    For the month of June I have given up sugar (wish me luck -I think I'm a little addictive), so will have to take that one day at a time. But Just for today I will ensure that I will drink 2l of water.

I struggle with this as well. I feel MUCH better when i avoid sugar, but sometimes i get weary of the "fight". I will JOIN you for a sugarless June! we can do this! (I like to remember this is a "first world" problem) :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the MFP community and was happy to find this thread. I have major depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, dysthymia, and generalized anxiety disorder, and I'm on many medications. My goals will be laughably small to most of you, but I'm hoping this forum will help me make progress and also help me recognize my progress.

Just for today, I will:
    1. Not go back to bed.
    2. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least three times.
    3. Drink 14 cups of water.
    4. Not eat any high sugar comfort foods.
    5. Not order pizza even if I'm too depressed to prepare food.

Sister Teddy, I think you'll find this group to be a great fit for you. Even in my darkest moments It really helps me to check in. Everyone is so supportive & nonjudgmental. I have issues with anxiety too & I find that if I walk for 30-55 mins a day it really helps me. Some days my goals are very specific & food/exercise oriented while others may be more psychological (being grateful, playing with my kids, reading success stories for inspiration, etc.). You're taking steps (regardless of the size) to good health & you should be very proud of yourself for that. Good for you!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    Just returned from weekend of camping & regardless of doing lots of walking, the scale is still up! Time to get back on track.
    Track all food/activity.
    Walk for 30+ min (in the rain)
    Treat lawn & buy grass seed.
    Plan dinners for the week.
    Shop healthy.
    Get the laundry done after weekend of camping.
    Try to get to Pilates class.
    Drink 9 + cups of water.
    Meditate & be grateful.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Today I will:
    Just returned from weekend of camping & regardless of doing lots of walking, the scale is still up! Time to get back on track.
    Track all food/activity.
    Walk for 30+ min (in the rain)
    Treat lawn & buy grass seed.
    Plan dinners for the week.
    Shop healthy.
    Get the laundry done after weekend of camping.
    Try to get to Pilates class.
    Drink 9 + cups of water.
    Meditate & be grateful.

You are motivated, that's for sure!!!! Go, girl, go--that's terrific. Have a great day!!! :):)

Me: Was quite lax over weekend and scale shows the brownies. So, I am gearing up to be somewhat "tough" with myself for a few days to get back on track. I did get a bit of weeding done, and so several garden beds are looking better for our upcoming graduation party--YAY!! :):):)

JFT:
    1. Stay in cal limits--today is a fasting day--reset.
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.
    4. Stay in peaceful place as I try to accomplish the many things on my plate.
    5. Weed another garden bed.

Happy Monday all!!!

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT - stay strong with dads sickness and not stress eat.

Started maintenance yesterday and leave town to visit son and two grandsons. Youngest will be two. BD party and amusement park. Life challenges! Wish me luck.

You all have helped me so much for the past 4 months. You have been the reason I have stayed the course. We are all so worth it.

Hope you have a wonderful, WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with all of your Precious Ones! After your surgery, and this stressful time with your dad's sickness, you could probably use some relaxing and smiles--hope there are many! :):):):):)

• jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    June 1st a new month! I have been MIA and plan to start today and the new month in a positive way! Starting a low carb or no carb eating plan this month, and I like the no sugar posts -- I don't know what happened but I can eat alot of sugar -- so cut sugar out, and carbs, and see what success I can achieve!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Back at home and will get back to thorough tracking, serious exercising and daily-goal setting. I actually did track for most of the week that I was gone, and I did get lots of steps even though I didn't have time for a real workout.

I turn 40 on Friday and will absolutely NOT reach my goal by then. Oh well.

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. Lift weights
    3. Stay under 100 G carbs
    4. Get full 25 G of fiber
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

JFT
    1.) Recommit to coming here each day to post & support others.
    2.) Not tell myself I am going to fail
    3.) Weed around my flower bed tonight
    4.) Take dog for walk after work
    5.) Use up 2 items out of cupboard to start getting rid of too much food in pantry. I tend to over buy & then do not know what is in there.
  • Epyhon
    Epyhon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Run this evening
    2. Start some light strength training
    3. Get to bed early
  • sisterTeddy
    sisterTeddy Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you, bri170lb and Saragirl2!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling so much lately. Not sure if it is the weather, the busyness of summer, or just lack of motivation lately. And -- the scale is showing it. SO I really need to get back to posting my goals on here, and logging my food and exercise intake.

A friend posted this on facebook, and for me - this is the perfect sentence of my life. Too much food being used when I am stressed, and not enough exercise!!

So tomorrow - back to posting my goals, and back to business!

"Food is the most abused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underutilized antidepressant."