Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Have been gone for a while due to various reasons including a trip out of town and having our sick 6 y.o. son with respiratory problems admitted to the hospital for 3 days w. strep, RSV, and pneumonia. Not fun.

However, I am trying to get back going now :)
    Just for today:
    1. Stick to calorie goal/choose foods wisely
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.

evql3g6i9a7n.jpg

One of you has this as your personal picture. I liked it so much that I found another with the same theme:

ghwn0auxa2tx.jpg
    I might actually print off a few of these and post them around my house for motivation.
    Have a great day all of you!
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will love those around me without expectation.
  • alaskanora
    alaskanora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Didn't meet my goals yesterday, so I'll try again today.

1. log all food
    2. be honest
    3. no snacking
    4. stay within 1500 calories :)
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 04/15
    1. back to logging :)
    2. 30 mins cardio :)
    3. vacuum house :)
    4. be appreciative of my BF and the relationship we have. Sometimes every day routines allow us to forget why we choose to be with our partners. It's good to take a step back and remember. :)

Just for Today 04/16
    1. log everything
    2. gym for strength training
    3. enjoy this amazing day
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @kwfitgal - so sad to hear your son has been so sick.take care and be easy on yourself, that is a lot to deal with:) ((((hugs))))
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good first day back, I didn't sweat the past. Just for today 4/16 1) go for a walk to keep my mind clear
    2) no snacking after work
    Oh and I love what ejane609 said about loving without expectations!! This is a good one and will try it today also.
    Happy Thursday All :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 11,000 steps :)
    2. swim :smiley:
    3. do gardening projects :smiley:

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. enjoy the sun and having a day off...rest?
    3. 10+ fruits and veggies
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Thursday's goal.
    Hit calorie goal. Challenging as out all afternoon and eve so eating out. I CAN do this.

120 calories over. Not too bad given the challenge.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Friday's goal:
    - hit calorie goal
    - stay calm in face of insane day of deadlines and pressure with work
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Thursday April 16)
    1. I guess I'm stuck doing the treadmill today because they are calling for 1 to 3 feet of snow. Maybe I'll be adventurous and go for a walk in the snow if it's not too cold. :smile:
    2. Take breakfast lunch and snack to work :smile:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Friday April 17)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Walk 1 hour

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Busy day today - wake this afternoon for my good friend and neighbor, funeral tomorrow, 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow.
    so just for today
    1. do not comfort my grief with food.
    2. look to positives in life, and enjoy the beautiful day, despite the sadness

Did ok, but a hard day
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Since my full switch is broken currently, today I need to be extra cognizant of what I eat and stop eating based on when I know I've had enough based on history, serving size, and whatever other ways occur to me.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

Just for today:
    1. Stick to calorie goal/choose foods wisely Hm :o Went a little over...discipline is hard right now.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea :)
    3. Exercise 30 min. :/ Only got in about half---this week has been exhausting.

Just for today:
    1. Stick to calorie goal/choose foods wisely--hopefully will get back to better discipline today!
    2. 3+ pints water/tea--including chicken broth--I think now I am getting sick.
    3. Exercise 30 min.--hopefully outside and get some much needed vitamin D

@ruby70 Thank you so much for your kind words!!! He is improving :)
    @Joan: Hope you have the kind of day you need to have. Hope you allow yourself to slow down and process thru things. I'm sure you have many good memories with your friend! :)

Hope you all have a super Friday.
  • luckyjensb
    luckyjensb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread! I'm new around here (the forum) though I have been on/off with tracking for a while (couple years?).

Just for today:

1. Drink my water! It's hot here in California and I don't drink as much water as I should.
    2. Do my 45 minute workout (check! Up early and got it done!)
    3. Be kind to myself and kind to others. I've been feeling impatient and angry lately towards hubby and kids: I think I am actually taking out on them my own frustrations with myself.
    4. Enjoy a date night out. I am planning on having ONE alcoholic beverage but keeping it otherwise reasonable to stay within goals.

Jen
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 04/16
    1. log everything :)
    2. gym for strength training :(
    3. enjoy this amazing day :)

Motivation has been a struggle this week, however I saw a loss this morning, and amazingly that spurs on the motivation. Wish I could get to a point where it wasn't all about that number and more about how well I'm treating my body and feeling.

Just for Today 04/17
    1. enjoy a day off from work!
    2. log everything
    3. weed berry patch; plant strawberry
    4. dig up garden to eradicate the mint; plant lettuce
    5. take dogs for walk; attempt to run part of the time, but pay attention to the foot!

• salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just for Today - April 17, 2015
    1. Affirm that I cannot control other people's actions, just my reaction.
    2. Not worry about things out of my control.
    3. Stick to my morals.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So late in posting again, but still, I need to set goals for today. This has been a very hard week, and we lost our good friend/neighbor from a brain anerysym. I did OK food wise yesterday, but it was a struggle to even care. Then, today I find out a very good friend was given 7 months max to live - she has stage 4 lung/liver cancer. All the more reason for me to enjoy each and everyday. The numbers on the scale do not mean anything, being healthy is what really matters.
    so just for today
    1. concentrate on healthy foods. No sugar, because that is not healthy.
    2. do not even look at the scale. Those are just numbers. Eating healthy, exercising, water , those are the things that matter.
    3. look at the positives in life, and enjoy the loves ones in my life.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Failed yesterday, I totally pigged out after work and then since I blew that goal I decided I might as well have a huge dinner and a couple of beers...then while I am consuming the calories I tell myself I will NEVER reach my goal if i keep this up, then the other side of brain says "it's ok you can start tomorrow" I mean what the heck? Am I completely insane? Just for today Friday 4/17
    1) go for walk on my lunch break
    2) stay in calorie goal
    3) check back in here after work to remind myself not to snack
    Good Luck on your goals everyone :)
  • SnailyPie
    SnailyPie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this, but it seems like a good idea so here goes.....

No wine after dinner

No late night snacking
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So late in posting again, but still, I need to set goals for today. This has been a very hard week, and we lost our good friend/neighbor from a brain anerysym. I did OK food wise yesterday, but it was a struggle to even care. Then, today I find out a very good friend was given 7 months max to live - she has stage 4 lung/liver cancer. All the more reason for me to enjoy each and everyday. The numbers on the scale do not mean anything, being healthy is what really matters.
    so just for today
    1. concentrate on healthy foods. No sugar, because that is not healthy.
    2. do not even look at the scale. Those are just numbers. Eating healthy, exercising, water , those are the things that matter.
    3. look at the positives in life, and enjoy the loves ones in my life.

Joan it sounds like you're having such a tough time at the moment and though you may not feel like it I think your goals are spot on, especially 3.
    Take care of yourself and your body out of love, not fear.
    Warmth and thoughts
    Jo