Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Monday 4.13
    1. Log all my food :/
    2. sit and relax some on the patio - reflecting on all the good in my life. :) Beautiful day, so out on the patio watching the deer eat my day lilies that are coming up!
    3. exercise min 30 minutes :) Went on a nice walk!

Did much better, but still have to take the time to log my food!

Tuesday, 4/14
    1. concentrate on drinking water. I tend to want to eat when I am really just dehydrated.
    2. log my food intake
    3. relax, and enjoy life. It can be taken away so quickly, as we lost our 56 yr old neightbor over the weekend from an anerysm. So enjoy each day to the fullest.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.

The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” ~Earl Nightingale
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You have my condolences on the loss of your friend, Joan. I've said a prayer for her and her family. Take the time to grieve, Joan. I lost a friend about 10 years ago; she was like a sister to me. I still miss her terribly and think about her a lot. It took some time before I started remembering all the fun stuff and laughed instead of cried.

I had an aneurysm in October; thank goodness my home care nurse noticed and called the doctor right away. He had me get to the ER and operated the next morning. I was very lucky.

Linda
  • LJFJ
    Options
    Hi, Bri! I love your analogy about paperwork and weight. Excellent! I'm going to start thinking about it that way; it should definitely get me inspired to clear it up and keep it that way. I'm going back to work part-time on May 4, and I sure would like to have my desk cleared off from all that stress; some of the paperwork is from before my husband passed away (eight months now), so I've taken procrastination to an art form! And, no one else is going to do it; it's all up to me, so I have to bite the bullet and dig in. :#

I've never cleared it all up, though. It seems I always stop short. Maybe I figure once it's all done I'll have nothing to do. (As if the world will stop spinning, right?) There will always be more paper to deal with... and more stress.

Have a great day, Bri!

Linda
  • LJFJ
    Options
    Just for today:
    This is a biggie. I'm going out to dinner with a friend. Before we go, I'm going to check the online menu and figure out what I'm going to order. I know I'm going to have (just) two tater skins, and there goes 472 calories already! So...

Just for today, I'm going to relax a little tonight, have a good time, and let that be the highlight of the dinner, not the food. Please wish me luck that I'll get back on my plan tomorrow and not let tonight deter me from my goals.

Linda
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just for today I am going to hit my calories goal and do my C25K tonight even if it is raining.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/13
    1. Do not be hard on myself for missing a strength day at the gym. There will be times that it does not work out. Do the best I can.... :) I think I did all right with this one
    2. log :)
    3. get in at least 10K steps :) actually went to the gym and jogged on the treadmill

Just for Today 4/14
    1. log
    2. gym for strength training

I think that is all for today.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. Rest sore muscles :)
    2. 12,000 steps :(
    3. 10 fruits + veggies :smiley:

Uggg...yesterday I skipped my workout due to extreme soreness from lifting heavy and a possible fibro flare. I ate ONE almond flour cookie, which I did not track. GAINED SEVEN POUNDS. My weight doesn't fluctuate much, so that is likely not water weight. Have I mentioned that have five different metabolic diseases and that this SUCKS big time?

I have to be so strict with myself in order to get anywhere. Mostly I just deal with the reality, but today it has me pissed off. Anybody else who ate and exercised like I do would look amazing, but I am still fat and, today, angry.

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps or bust
    2. Cardio/weight workout
    3. 10 fruits/veggies
  • salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just For Today - April 14, 2015
    1. Go for a relaxing walk by myself (goal: 2.5 km)
    2. Be bolder
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just for today... I'm not going to feel bad taking my hour at the gym, taking little one to the park right before we head to the gym so at least I feel like we get some fun time together.
  • losingrae
    Options

Uggg...yesterday I skipped my workout due to extreme soreness from lifting heavy and a possible fibro flare. I ate ONE almond flour cookie, which I did not track. GAINED SEVEN POUNDS. My weight doesn't fluctuate much, so that is likely not water weight. Have I mentioned that have five different metabolic diseases and that this SUCKS big time?

I have to be so strict with myself in order to get anywhere. Mostly I just deal with the reality, but today it has me pissed off. Anybody else who ate and exercised like I do would look amazing, but I am still fat and, today, angry.

I am sorry. That must be such a difficult thing to deal with. <hugs to you>
  • losingrae
    Options
    chelsy0587 wrote: »
    Just for today... I'm not going to feel bad taking my hour at the gym, taking little one to the park right before we head to the gym so at least I feel like we get some fun time together.

You are setting a good example for the little one by taking care of yourself and being healthy. :) That is a good thing.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals
    - in line with net calorie goal
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Not a good day.
    Over calorie target. Reasonable choices at lunch. Eating multiple and cookies and an ice cream were not food choices.

So... Wednesday
    - hit calorie goal. That's it.
  • alaskanora
    alaskanora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at the group thing but I'll give it a shot.

1. Log all food;
    2. Stay under 1500
    3. No snacking, especially in the afternoon and evening (toughest time for me).
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    LJFJ wrote: »
    You have my condolences on the loss of your friend, Joan. I've said a prayer for her and her family. Take the time to grieve, Joan. I lost a friend about 10 years ago; she was like a sister to me. I still miss her terribly and think about her a lot. It took some time before I started remembering all the fun stuff and laughed instead of cried.

I had an aneurysm in October; thank goodness my home care nurse noticed and called the doctor right away. He had me get to the ER and operated the next morning. I was very lucky.

Linda

Glad to hear that someone was there for you at your time of need!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Today I begin my next phase in life. Time to clean out my life and stick to good eating habits. I know longer want to Live to Eat.

Welcome! And I love your quote -- I no longer want to live to eat! What a great thing to remember! Thank you.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    chelsy0587 wrote: »

Like Rae said - you are setting good examples to your little ones. Going to the park is fun, and great exercise. A great thing to teach ones while they are little - exercising is suppose to be fun. I remember when I was going to Weight Watchers, and they said "remember when you were little, and it was fun playing ball, running, etc". Thats what we have to remember as we get older - just to have fun, while we are exercising. So it is important to take care of yourself, as well as your little one, and having fun together!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Monday:
    1. Rest sore muscles :)
    2. 12,000 steps :(
    3. 10 fruits + veggies :smiley:

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps or bust
    2. Cardio/weight workout
    3. 10 fruits/veggies

I lose weight very slowly, so in a way, I can relate. But having metabolic disease has to be hard. Congrats to you for sticking with us, and not just accepting things. But , OK to have a day where it really pisses you off - I would be that way to. Just not fair. But hang in there - you are doing so great!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    Just for today 4/15
    1. Hubby has a doctor's appoint tomorrow so I need to make smart food choices
    2. Get workout done EARLY
    3. Remember my protein drink

I made hubby dessert but decided on some green tea instead!!! Late nights are becoming hard for me!!!' No no no snacking tonight!!!!!