Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Justfor today ( Tuesday April 14)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack to work with me. :smile:
    2. Balance accounts, pay bills: too busy today, have to move to Thursday
    3. Walk 1 hour after work :smile:
    4. Be extra careful to plan the day so I can stick to 1200. :smiley: almost had a snack that would have put me over, but I changed my mind. Hurray me!

Just for today ( Wednesday April 15)
    1. Walk or treadmill early depending on weather)
    2. Stick to 1200 calories

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Refocus on not eating mindlessly and on not being a bum after work. I realize I've been sliding back into old behaviors and need to stop that action.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just For Today (April 15)
    1. Eat only 1/6 of that candy bar in my desk. That's only 43 empty calories instead of 260.
    2. Attempt c25k w1d1 again.
    3. Stay under my calorie limit!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today Wednesday April 15th
    1.) go to the gym after work and do cardio and weights
    2.) put away laundry when I get home tonight
    3.) appreciate my health and realize today what I already have, stop wishing for more all the time. I am truly blessed and having your health is worth a million dollars. Too often I let myself focus on the things I have not accomplished and do not value how far I have already come. Aging is part of life and is not realistic to think I will have the same physical shape in my forties as I did when I was in my 20's. :) and that is OKAY. I am more than OKAY and I have the ability to change!!!!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just for today (04/15/15):

1. Log my food
    2. Run on my treadmill
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just for today ~ 4/15/15

1. Stay around 20gs of carbs for the day to see if I can do it
    2. Walk 2 miles when I get home even though I'd like to skip a day
  • alaskanora
    alaskanora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Almost met my goals for yesterday. Try again today.

1. Log all food
    2. Be honest
    3. Stay within 1500 calories
    4. No snacking

We'll see how it goes!
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today I will: drink more water; stay within calorie limits; work out at gym. taking the next several days off from this so wanted to started the week on the right track!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/14
    1. log :( at dinner I decided I needed a break from logging, so I didn't stress about figuring out what I ate, I just ate, then did yard work and went to the gym.
    2. gym for strength training :)

Just for Today 04/15
    1. back to logging
    2. 30 mins cardio
    3. vacuum house
    4. be appreciative of my BF and the relationship we have. Sometimes every day routines allow us to forget why we choose to be with our partners. It's good to take a step back and remember.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Busy day today - wake this afternoon for my good friend and neighbor, funeral tomorrow, 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow.
    so just for today
    1. do not comfort my grief with food.
    2. look to positives in life, and enjoy the beautiful day, despite the sadness
  • salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just for Today - April 15, 2015
    1. I will put my credit card somewhere not easily accessible after paying down a massive chunk of it.
    2. Go for a 6 km walk.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will pick myself up, brush myself off and put the past month behind me. I will not self sabotage today 4/15.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    kegofstout wrote: »
    Just for today I will pick myself up, brush myself off and put the past month behind me. I will not self sabotage today 4/15.

Welcome back! Missed you.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »

So... Wednesday
    - hit calorie goal. That's it. ☺

Hurrah. Achieved!
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thursday's goal.
    Hit calorie goal. Challenging as out all afternoon and eve so eating out. I CAN do this.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Uggg...yesterday I skipped my workout due to extreme soreness from lifting heavy and a possible fibro flare. I ate ONE almond flour cookie, which I did not track. GAINED SEVEN POUNDS. My weight doesn't fluctuate much, so that is likely not water weight. Have I mentioned that have five different metabolic diseases and that this SUCKS big time?

I have to be so strict with myself in order to get anywhere. Mostly I just deal with the reality, but today it has me pissed off. Anybody else who ate and exercised like I do would look amazing, but I am still fat and, today, angry.

Tuesday:
    1. 12,000 steps or bust :smiley:
    2. Cardio/weight workout :)
    3. 10 fruits/veggies :)

Feeling a bit better today. Only up three pounds instead of SEVEN. Still not great, but I can deal with it. I think that I may have missed one of my injections, which could explain the weirdness. My weight does not usually fluctuate wildly...but those of you who frequently have that problem have got my sympathies!

Wednesday:
    1. 11,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. do gardening projects
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Wednesday April 15)
    1. Walk or treadmill early depending on weather) :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Thursday April 16)
    1. I guess I'm stuck doing the treadmill today because they are calling for 1 to 3 feet of snow. Maybe I'll be adventurous and go for a walk in the snow if it's not too cold.
    2. Take breakfast lunch and snack to work
    3. Stick to 1200 calories

• 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    -I will log everything I eat.
    -I will take a walk today.
    -I will be gentle with myself.
    -I will refer to my lists.

I entered the "be gentle with myself" with ambivalence. I have now entered it with each post and as long as I enter it with thoughtfulness I will continue. It has worked for me when I start that litany of negativity toward myself and my "issues". I am the family cheerleader and now I am cheering myself, too.
  • ruby70
    Options
    1efcahill wrote: »
    Just for today:
    -I will log everything I eat.
    -I will take a walk today.
    -I will be gentle with myself.
    -I will refer to my lists.

I entered the "be gentle with myself" with ambivalence. I have now entered it with each post and as long as I enter it with thoughtfulness I will continue. It has worked for me when I start that litany of negativity toward myself and my "issues". I am the family cheerleader and now I am cheering myself, too.

@1efcahill -I love this! Great job for cheering yourself on too. You are awesome:)
  • ruby70
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Just for today Wednesday April 15th
    1.) go to the gym after work and do cardio and weights :)
    2.) put away laundry when I get home tonight :(
    3.) appreciate my health and realize today what I already have, stop wishing for more all the time. I am truly blessed and having your health is worth a million dollars. Too often I let myself focus on the things I have not accomplished and do not value how far I have already come. Aging is part of life and is not realistic to think I will have the same physical shape in my forties as I did when I was in my 20's. :) and that is OKAY. I am more than OKAY and I have the ability to change!!!! :(

Went to the gym had a great work out. Felt really fat in my workout clothes. I just rejoined a gym it has been about 2 years since a membership... this is the 1st time ever I have felt self conscious about how I look in my gym clothes in public. That really kind of sucked.

Today 4/16/15
    1.) do cardio at lunch
    2.) do not compare myself to others, this is my own journey and I will enjoy the scenery as I continue it :)