Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Wouldn't this work better for a group?

With a group, people have to join. I really thought this should be for anyone that wants to post. It is nice when the same people post, and we get to know each other though, so hopefully, people will keep coming back :)
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2015
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Just for today

1.) try to keep my emotions under control, I spent yesterday in the emergency room with my dad and they kept him in the hospital. He is still there today.

Ruby, I will say a prayer that your dad is OK. Take good care of yourself also.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »

With a group, people have to join. I really thought this should be for anyone that wants to post. It is nice when the same people post, and we get to know each other though, so hopefully, people will keep coming back :)

you are describing a group of people who have the same topic that all post together. This is a divisive topic..

This whole thread is leaving me out because I do not want to commit daily.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member

you are describing a group of people who have the same topic that all post together. This is a divisive topic..

This whole thread is leaving me out because I do not
    want to commit daily.

You're not left out. Comment daily if that helps you on your fitness journey, comment every once in a while if that works for you, or don't bother at all.

From what I have seen there are only 2 rules, be supportive of others and try not to be too hard on yourself.

The only point is to start fresh each morning, which is helping many of us immensely. If that doesn't work for you, there are hundreds of other threads to follow.

We are willing to support your daily goals and we hope you are having a joy filled day. :smiley:

• bri170lb
    To all my friends here...and especially joan...i hope you don' t mind that I spoke for the all of us above. :blush:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps :( not quite...on a swim day when I work, steps are a challenge!
    2. swim :)
    3. 10 fruits + veggies :smiley:

Monday:
    1. Rest sore muscles
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. 10 fruits + veggies
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    You're not left out. Comment daily if that helps you on your fitness journey, comment every once in a while if that works for you, or don't bother at all.

From what I have seen there are only 2 rules, be supportive of others and try not to be too hard on yourself.

The only point is to start fresh each morning, which is helping many of us immensely. If that doesn't work for you, there are hundreds of other threads to follow.

We are willing to support your daily goals and we hope you are having a joy filled day. :smiley:

It specifically says I have to join, and there are those two other rules. I'm pretty sure I can not adhere to them at all.
    I am extremely hard on myself.
    This thread shows up on the main page when I look and it is a constant reminder that I'm not able to be a part of this club.

Ok, I will try to post tomorrow then and see how it goes, I am just afraid my own personal journey will not be accepted or tolerated.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Committing daily is the whole point.

I think that this works very well as it is currently set up.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    I'm glad i found this thread today as I've been having trouble getting my weight loss going again. I decided last night that I was going to get serious today and take baby steps by--

1) Log everything
    2) Stop beating myself up for gaining 30lbs and start celebrating my 67lb loss instead.
    3) Drink 10 waters
  • mytime6630

No one is leaving you out! You can post once a week, once a month if you want. I like to post everyday, but even I don't do that. NO one is left out here!
  • mytime6630
    bri170lb wrote: »
    To all my friends here...and especially joan...i hope you don' t mind that I spoke for the all of us above. :blush:

Thank you!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    edited April 2015
    Starring this so I can come back to participate.
  • _QueenE_
    I will....get the rest of my laundry washed, dryed, folded and put away! Slacked over the weekend.
  • _QueenE_
    edited April 2015
  • bri170lb
    Lennonluv2 wrote: »
    I'm glad i found this thread today as I've been having trouble getting my weight loss going again. I decided last night that I was going to get serious today and take baby steps by--

1) Log everything
    2) Stop beating myself up for gaining 30lbs and start celebrating my 67lb loss instead.
    3) Drink 10 waters

Those look like excellent goals! 67 pounds is a lot to celebrate!
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2015
    We have the best posters here - thank you all! What a wonderful group of friends. We are all here to help each other, and you guys sure do that!
  • mytime6630
    Lennonluv2 wrote: »

1) Log everything
    3) Drink 10 waters

CONGRATS!! That is a wonderful accomplishment.
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Just for today (Monday, 4/13):
    I'm going to try to be really patient with the world around me.
    I want to get through the piles of paper on my desk and throw out duplicates; shred the papers in my shredding basket.
    I'm going out to dinner with a friend tomorrow, so I'm going to check the menu online and plan what I'm going to order (and stick with it!).
  • bri170lb
    LJFJ wrote: »
    Just for today (Monday, 4/13):
    I'm going to try to be really patient with the world around me.
    I want to get through the piles of paper on my desk and throw out duplicates; shred the papers in my shredding basket.
    I'm going out to dinner with a friend tomorrow, so I'm going to check the menu online and plan what I'm going to order (and stick with it!).

I procrastinate on paperwork. When I get through it I am always so surprised at how good it feels. But then I procrastinate and it piles up again. When you think about it that way, it is just like gaining weight...I procrastinated on controlling my eating and 150 pounds piled up! It feels really good to get to work on it!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,827 Member
    Yesterday
    1. log every thing I eat :/
    2. Mediate for 10 minutes about what is good in my life. Relax, sit out on our patio and enjoy nature. :)
    3. walk :)

This thursday is our 38th wedding anniversary, so we went out to eat last nite. I didn't get all my food logged in, but I did really well (except for the blooming onions!). But I brought back half of my chicken, and had eaten very lightly throughout the day, plus a 6 mile hike! So I am hoping I am back in the game here!! Thanks to all of you guys for keeping, and getting me back motivated

So Just for today, Monday 4.13
    1. Log all my food
    2. sit and relax some on the patio - reflecting on all the good in my life.
    3. exercise min 30 minutes

Last nite our very good friend and neightbor passed away from an anerysm at the age of 56. So no matter what is going on in my life, nothing compares to that, and to what her husband is going through. I will not let grief make me eat unhealthy foods today.

***hugs*** Joan, so sorry to hear about your neighbor!!!!! Especially to her family, :(