Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just got my lab work back from my recent physical. At 45, I'm finally learning my numbers!
    Everything except my weight looks "normal" & although I'm grateful for that, I want the optimal numbers & I want my weight to go down.
    I'm going to actually record & track my numbers as opposed to just filing my tests away in the medical file (out of sight - out of mind.).
    I have a strong feeling that how I take care of myself now will grossly affect how my 50 & 60s will be.

Today I will:
    Walk for 45 mins
    Garden with a vengeance
    Avoid process foods - eat 7-9 servings of fruits & veggies
    Track food & activity
    Aim for 8 hrs of sleep
    Drink 8+ cups of water
    Popcorn for evening snack if needed

Gave a great day!
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Slow day here at my house... Sun is once again shining and I'm loving it. So far I've taken my puppy on a 30 minute morning hike up and down hills and he's now pooped. I get a nice quiet coffee ;)

Just For Today:

30 - 40 minutes of walking aerobics
    at least 8 glasses of water
    stick to the food plan
    Enjoy the slower pace today so I'm rested for tomorrows exercise blitz.

That's it for me. Should be an easy one. <3

Enjoy you day everyone!!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    lcbourdo wrote: »

I had a nutritionist recently tell me that proteins like oatmeal (plant-based, higher in protein than other plant-based grains, but not a complete protein -- those with 9 essential amino acids) sometimes benefit from the addition of an egg, nuts or seeds, or flaxseed meal.

One of my favorite breakfasts is steel cut oatmeal with peanut butter. YUM! High calorie, but it keeps you going. :)
  • losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 05/13
    1. Log :)
    2. exercise :)
    3. evening vitamins :( completely forgot
    4. no carbs :neutral: the lettuce was gross, so I ended up having a taco shell, it was a carb balance one though

Just for Today 05/14
    1. log
    2. exercise
    3. keep it low carb
    4. evening vitamins

I really would like to see a loss tomorrow, but it would be a pipe dream considering how poorly I was eating the previous week.
  • losingrae
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »

Nearly made it, I had 6 or 7 glasses which is 3x more than usual.

So, just for today, same target again.

Great job! Drinking water seems to be a difficult one for most people. I do great when sitting at a desk at work all day, but on weekends, I fail miserably.
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just for today 5/14/15:

1) Eat half of my lunch when we go out, save the other half for dinner
    2) Do 43 pushups (odd number because yesterday was 42 and I want to beat that!)
    3) Hold four 1 minute planks
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :neutral:
    2. lift heavy things :neutral:
    3. under 100 G carbs :smiley:

Eh...when I made Wednesday's plan, I didn't realize that I would end up spending the WHOLE day looking for a car. I actually ended up buying one yesterday. It was a good experience, but it sucked up my whole day. It's really rare for me to not dance, garden or make it to the gym at all in a day. I didn't even get to 10,000 steps! I did eat at home instead of going out to eat though--yay for pre-prepped foods! Oh well, just for today:

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things/garden
    3. under 100 G carbs
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,889 Member
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Wednesday:

- Eat healthy foods within the macros I set
    - find some way to work up a sweat in the little time that I have today
    - Read the message boards to stay inspired and motivated

Did fairly well yesterday - except no sweating! Today I will for sure!

- run 5k
    - stay within macros and log everything
    - go to bed early tonight so I'm not so exhausted tomorrow

That's it! Have a great day everyone!
  • losingrae
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 - Congrats! What type of car did you get. It truly sucks how long that process takes. We had an appointment at noon to look at a car, I finally left the dealership after 7. :open_mouth:
  • jasonagoode
    jasonagoode Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just For Today...

1. Log all my food and stay under my calorie budget
    2. 8 cups of water
    3. Take my dog for 2 walks
    4. 10K+ steps
    5. Research new athletic shoes - My current ones are so old that I can't remember when I got them and so ratty they look like my dog chewed them up from the inside. Oddly, the outsides are perfectly intact.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I seem to have forgotten to write today's goals in.... They were to hit calorie target.

Which I missed. But could have been worse as managed to only eat 2 cookies at the conference venue I was at today...

Friday's goals:
    - bust a gut at bootcamp. I need the exercise and release after a very busy week with no time to work out
    - hit calorie target, even with the 2 glasses of wine I will allow myself tomorrow night

That's it. Happy Friday all.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I am so late again posting!

Yesterday, wednesday, 5/13
    1. 2 glasses of water with each meal, 2 glasses in between to equal 8 glasses of water :)
    2. some protein with every meal! :)

I did great again, until evening. Once again, ice cream sandwiches - 300 calories worth! Even though my calories were still OK, I was about ready to just give up. I mean, I have been trying since January to get 20 lbs off, and the scale has been going up and down. But the good news, is that it has not stayed up -- but it has not gone down either!

So I talked myself into just taking a break from everything. Taking a break from getting on this website, taking a break from logging my food, everything. Convincing myself that maybe I needed to take a break so I don't think so much about losing the weight.

But then I got on this discussion thread, and I realize all the wonderful people I have met (and I would miss you all :) . I realized that we all struggle, and you guys are NOT giving up. So neither should I. It takes time to change habits, and replace them with new habits. And no matter what the scale says, replacing unhealthy habits with healthy habits means more than what the numbers on the scale say.

So I am back. I am back, taking this just one day at a time. And -- the goal of 2 glasses of water with each meal has really helped me, and also the goal of a protein with each meal has helped me. But I am adding one more goal! Once I brush my teeth, I don't eat anymore - because it is too much work to brush and floss my teeth. So -- trying another goal to curb the nitetime eating!

So even though I am late in the day posting....

Just for today, thursday, 5/14
    1. 2 glasses of water with each meal, 2 glasses in between to equal 8 glasses of water :)
    2. some protein with every meal! :)
    3. Brush my teeth at 9pm -- no more food!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2015
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »

I will start again tomorrow.

A new day - a fresh start!! You are doing so awesome!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »

Didn't make it to the gym for tour/set-up as planned yesterday. Can't make it today for sure. It may pop back up tomorrow. I just am having huge troubles making myself go to the gym. Going outside to walk, run or bike - no problem. Gym - big problem. Sigh.

I have the same issue. A long time ago I took some quiz and it declared that I prefer outdoor exercise. I keep trying to join gyms for some reason, then end up finding outdoor routines to make me happier.

I am the same way. Outdoor walking, biking to me is fun, and does not seem like exercise!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Joan -- Thanks for this thread! I've just joined and am NO expert on weight loss techniques, but your comment about protein intake at each meal caught my attention.

I had a nutritionist recently tell me that proteins like oatmeal (plant-based, higher in protein than other plant-based grains, but not a complete protein -- those with 9 essential amino acids) sometimes benefit from the addition of an egg, nuts or seeds, or flaxseed meal.

I mention this because I always have a glycemic reaction to oatmeal if I eat it without some other sort of protein to round it out. When that hits, I almost always reach for a high carb snack. Obviously NOT a good idea.

You're awesome, btw. :-) I hope this post doesn't offend in any way...

Peace,
    Laura

Thank you -- and so happy you are joining us! And interesting about the oatmeal with no protein! I was just counting milk as my protein - I may try and egg with it also! Thank you!
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have failed miserably the past 2 days by letting stress eating take over. So.....
    JFT....
    I will eat on plan the rest ofthe day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 - Congrats! What type of car did you get. It truly sucks how long that process takes. We had an appointment at noon to look at a car, I finally left the dealership after 7. :open_mouth:

Once I decided what I wanted, it was really quick. I put in what I though would be an opening bid by text at 5:00, by 8:00 I was driving away. They accepted my first bid, which I thought was REALLY low. I've never dealt with a car dealership before and was kind of surprised how easy it was. The hard part was having already spent 8 hours looking at/comparing other cars.

I got a Blue 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with 93,000 miles on it. Not nearly as cool as the red Mustang that got wrecked, but still kind of zippy.
  • losingrae
    Options

Once I decided what I wanted, it was really quick. I put in what I though would be an opening bid by text at 5:00, by 8:00 I was driving away. They accepted my first bid, which I thought was REALLY low. I've never dealt with a car dealership before and was kind of surprised how easy it was. The hard part was having already spent 8 hours looking at/comparing other cars.

I got a Blue 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with 93,000 miles on it. Not nearly as cool as the red Mustang that got wrecked, but still kind of zippy.

Those are good cars.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( (Thursday May 14)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Walk 1 hour :smile:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:

Just for today ( Friday May 15)
    1. Walk at least 1 hour
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Laundry and housework

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just for today - I'm going to try and drink my water target.

Nearly made it, I had 6 or 7 glasses which is 3x more than usual.

So, just for today, same target again.

And.. failed again.
    Still, I had 5 or 6 (I really need to log them!) so a downward trend, but still better than 2.

So, today's target: 8 glasses of water.