Just for today, I will:
    1. Not go back to bed. :smile:
    2. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least three times. :smile:
    3. Drink 14 cups of water. :smile:
    4. Not eat any high sugar comfort foods. :smile:
    5. Not order pizza even if I'm too depressed to prepare food. :smile:

Just for today, Monday, June 1, I will:
    1. Not go back to bed.
    2. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least three times.
    3. Drink 14 cups of water.
    4. Not exceed my allotted calories.
    (I'm out of money so I don't have to worry about buying high sugar foods or ordering delivery!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    JFT
    1.) Recommit to coming here each day to post & support others.

Ruby - I am going to also join you. Been absent here too much, and unfortunately, the scale, and my motivation shows it! Glad to have you back!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Back at home and will get back to thorough tracking, serious exercising and daily-goal setting. I actually did track for most of the week that I was gone, and I did get lots of steps even though I didn't have time for a real workout.

I turn 40 on Friday and will absolutely NOT reach my goal by then. Oh well.

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. Lift weights
    3. Stay under 100 G carbs
    4. Get full 25 G of fiber

Congrats on the upcoming 40th birthday! And even though you have not met whatever goal you have set, you look absolutely beautiful!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    For the month of June I have given up sugar (wish me luck -I think I'm a little addictive), so will have to take that one day at a time. But Just for today I will ensure that I will drink 2l of water.

I struggle with this as well. I feel MUCH better when i avoid sugar, but sometimes i get weary of the "fight". I will JOIN you for a sugarless June! we can do this! (I like to remember this is a "first world" problem) :)

I also want to join you guys for a sugarless june! Sugar is my biggest downfall - its like one bite of sugar, and that leads me down a path of more and more sugar, etc.

So my JFT, for the rest of today at least is NO sugar.

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT - stay strong with dads sickness and not stress eat.

Started maintenance yesterday and leave town to visit son and two grandsons. Youngest will be two. BD party and amusement park. Life challenges! Wish me luck.

You all have helped me so much for the past 4 months. You have been the reason I have stayed the course. We are all so worth it.

Hope you have a wonderful, WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with all of your Precious Ones! After your surgery, and this stressful time with your dad's sickness, you could probably use some relaxing and smiles--hope there are many! :):):):):)

Thanks so much. I am looking forward to some relaxation. And some fun with two of the grandsons. Also found out today that our oldest grandson who has learning problems passed his end of grade tests and will go on to 4th grade. Lots of hard work on his and his mother's part and $ from us to have him tutored. But it has all paid off. Blessing.

Life has its ups and downs for us all.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I forgot to post my goals for Monday. I was enjoying my day off!

Actually, I had a really hard time taking a day off. Counting calories, choosing good options,and exercising are so ingrained in me now that it was hard to not do them. That gives me lots of hope for my future!.

Monday's J4T
    1. One of my main points to focus on this month is to actually not go over 1200 calories for 29 days in a row. (The 30th is my birthday so all bets are off!) So... STICK TO 1200 CALORIES. 1/29 Done! :smile:
    2. My second main goal for the month is to continue to add jogging to my walking using the C25K app. Done :smile:
    3. My third focus this month is to do a little Bible study every day. Done :smile:

J4T Tuesday
    1. 1200 calories
    2. Aqua-fit
    3. Bible study

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just for today Monday 1/06
    1. 10,000 + steps :) 11,471
    2. Under basic calorie goal. No eating back exercise calls! :)
    3. 10x6 abs crunches. :)

JFT 2/06
    1. 10,000+ steps. Now that I've finally reached this target I am determined to maintain it.
    2. Under basic calories.
    3. Add lunges to my legs routine.
    4. Finish the tote bag I have been making by hand in patchwork. Machine sewing for the next one.

Great to see you all reaching targets. :)
    Have a great Tuesday :)
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    sisterTeddy: I feel your pain. I've had treatment resistant depression my entire adult life (i'm 46). no anxiety here, but lots of OCD and addictive characteristics. one day at a time :)

JFT, I will not eat cheese or nuts. I have nothing against these two items, I just can't control myself once I start eating them. I have found that I substitute one food obsession for another. I aspire to be "addicted" to vegetables!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Time again for refocus and rededication to my efforts. so JFT (Tuesday):
    1. brush and floss before bed (someday this one will stick for real)
    2. 10,000+ steps
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Today I will:
    Just returned from weekend of camping & regardless of doing lots of walking, the scale is still up! Time to get back on track.
    Track all food/activity.
    Walk for 30+ min (in the rain)
    Treat lawn & buy grass seed.
    Plan dinners for the week.
    Shop healthy.
    Get the laundry done after weekend of camping.
    Try to get to Pilates class.
    Drink 9 + cups of water.
    Meditate & be grateful.

You are motivated, that's for sure!!!! Go, girl, go--that's terrific. Have a great day!!! :):)

Me: Was quite lax over weekend and scale shows the brownies. So, I am gearing up to be somewhat "tough" with myself for a few days to get back on track. I did get a bit of weeding done, and so several garden beds are looking better for our upcoming graduation party--YAY!! :):):)

JFT:
    1. Stay in cal limits--today is a fasting day--reset.
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.
    4. Stay in peaceful place as I try to accomplish the many things on my plate.
    5. Weed another garden bed.

Happy Monday all!!!

Haha- my goals were too ambitious yesterday. Time to rethink! I did take the stairs many times so that should count! I hope you enjoyed the gardening. I find it so therapeutic. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Today I will:
    Clean house w/earbuds. Need to listen to a good podcast!!
    Go to yoga.
    Drink 2 liters of water.
    Check out Tosca Reno's blog/website. Thinking of buying her latest book about eating clean.
    Track meals.

• Saragirl2
    Options
    Back at home and will get back to thorough tracking, serious exercising and daily-goal setting. I actually did track for most of the week that I was gone, and I did get lots of steps even though I didn't have time for a real workout.

I turn 40 on Friday and will absolutely NOT reach my goal by then. Oh well.

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. Lift weights
    3. Stay under 100 G carbs
    4. Get full 25 G of fiber

Celebrate the whole week! Judging by your pic I'd say you've made great progress on your journey. Good for you!!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    1. Stay in cal limits--today is a fasting day--reset.-- :o Very close, but not perfect...and my dd & I celebrated her success at passing her written driving test, with a klondike bar (she, unlike her mama, has a perfect figure and doesn't struggle with food--I am so thankful!!!)
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea-- :o I think I drank half that??
    3. Exercise 30 min. -- :o I got in some gardening, but not actual regimen
    4. Stay in peaceful place as I try to accomplish the many things on my plate.-- :):) OK YAY first smiley item--I got a huge amount done yesterday--all those pesty little tidbit things here and there to wrap up...without stress/yelling etc.
    5. Weed another garden bed.-- :):) Well, I didn't weed what I intended, but I did get another 1/4 of our very large veggie garden planted, with my sweet children :) !

WOW, I don't know what my deal is...maybe having been so sick just knocked me right off my discipline block?!?? Today will be another "fasting" sort of day. It is sunny, so hopefully I'll get out for a walk...My sweet little 3 y.o. girlie is sitting next to me, singing along with her Jesus songs CD...Oh my, THAT is a precious start to my day!

JFT 2 June:
    1. Cal limits "fasting" day
    2. WATER/TEA: 3+ pints (starting with one pint right when I finish this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    3. Exercise 30 min.

Happy Tuesday all! It sounds like so many of you have lots going on--May we do it WELL, i.e., with love & patience towards others (and ourselves), and with thankfulness in our hearts that we can do so much (i.e. even when it is grueling work or something unpleasant...we could be in worse circumstances, yes??? :) )
    Love to you all.

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @ruby70: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see your sweet face again! Stay with us! How did the gardening and dog walking go??? Nice to have some good weather up here, isn't it??!!
    @azulvioleta6: Hope you have a beautiful week, and in case I forget on the day: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! That is a super thing to look forward to, I hope it is special....and hey, maybe you'll hit your goal weight within a week or so of it, so later on, you will still be able to say you entered your 40's at your goal (who cares about a few days?!??!!)
    @vicki1947: What an incredible thing, re: your grandson! That brings tears to my eyes--what an incredible accomplishment--I hope everyone really made a big deal of that!!!!!! :):) And you contributed to it! What a legacy!
    @Saragirl2: Having the goals gets you further than having no goals :) Yes, the gardening was wonderful. Hope you really enjoy your day!!
    @aerochic42: Welcome back! How's that belly dancing???!?
    @Joan6630: God's grace to you on the "No Sugar"! (Did you see me mention a book called "I Quit Sugar" by Sarah Wilson? Of course, she's thin and beautiful, so you'd have to overlook that! :) But she has a really inspiring nutritional info and good recipes) That is an awesome goal!!
    @bri170: You will find wonderful things as you stick to your goal of reading His word daily! I'm going to be trying to get back to daily also. Enjoy!!!

Ok, well, my dd is calling me to help her with homework, so Happy Tuesday All!!!!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    @kwfitgal : Thanks!! The belly dancing is ... Right now I'm devoid of a troupe or regular classes and I'm having trouble committing to regular practice when I don't have a real end goal (learn a routine, next performance, etc), but I've been doing a bit more. It sounds like you got really whammied with your sickness, but glad you're slowly feeling better. It can be rough refocusing, but I think you got the right idea; gradually rebuilding. good luck
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, I will do my jogging routine and 2nd day of the JM beginners shred. Ouch - no going back now!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today, Tues, June 2 (WOW - is is really June already!!!).

1. Log ALL my food
    2. keep sugar grams below MFP guidelines
    3. drink water
    4. 30 minutes min either walking or on the ellipitical

Simple -- but just trying to get back on track!
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    JFT:

1-Log my food
    2-30 minutes activity
    3-water
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1. Log all my food and know MFP friends will not judge me when I fall. I am only cheating myself...
    2. Vacuum the pool and cut the grass.
    3. Be thankful.
  • sisterTeddy
    sisterTeddy Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you, @68myra. I'm hoping this thread will help me take it one day at a time, as you said. I support you in your desire to be addicted to vegetables!
    Just for today, Monday, June 1, I will:
    1. Not go back to bed. :)
    2. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least three times. :)
    3. Drink 14 cups of water. :(
    4. Not exceed my allotted calories. :(
    (I'm out of money so I don't have to worry about buying high sugar foods or ordering delivery!) :(I scrounged enough change to order a small pizza and two huge chocolate chip cookies and I ate it all. I hate myself.

Just for today, June 2, Tuesday, I will:
    1. Take a shower.
    2. Leave the apartment.
    3. Walk at least a mile.
    4. Clean the kitchen.
    5. Not go back to bed.
    6. Listen to my weight loss hypnosis session at least twice.