30 Day Shred - Start: May 9th

Options

Replies

• smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Motivation is back.
    Did a very sluggish shred last night ... did all the moves and made it to the end.
    Made sure I went to bed earlier than normal, got up this morning and hey presto the weight I put on this week has magically gone.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Day 7 Level 2 done :) 17/30

Have a great day everyone!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Well, I did my Level 2 shred today...... Day 5. It about killed me!!! Ugh!!! :sad: Stupid planks!!!
    I actually went grocery shopping, cleaned up the house, and did some gardening first, so
    my body was warmed up..... didn't help!!! I have such a headache!!!! Ok, I'll stop complaining
    now, sorry...... just a rough day. Oh, and yes, I did modify my shred a little, I couldn't do it!!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    15/30 is done on level 2...had my hubby cheering me on today ,still had some trouble with the plank . did better though.

made the halfway mark today ,,,( a little victory dance)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I was really trying to go for 30 days straight, but I just didn't have time to do it yesterday or today. I will get back tomorrow.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think I messed up my day counting... pretty sure today is L2 D9 though. Wow. One more day, then level 3. Gonna have to really kill it tomorrow.
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Lv 2 Done - 16 Days straight

:-)
  • matwood74
    Options
    My knees are killing me..... I think I'm taking today off. I had knee surgery from a torn ACL and doing
    the shred every single day has been so hard!!! Level 2 is so hard!! I don't want to be a quitter though
    guys...... I really don't!!! Help!!! :sad:
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Day 8 Level 2 done. Two more days of Level 2 then on to Level 3...:wink:

Have a great day everyone!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone here!! You're all doing so great with L2! I loved catching up on the progress. :drinker:

I was excited to get back to it yesterday (UNTIL yesterday, rather), and all day I was trying to convince myself to do it. I got so far as putting on my workout gear and starting the DVD, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I hopped on the stationary bike and danced for 2 hours instead. :happy: Today is my second attempt to start again...
    I've lost all motivation. I had my weigh in yesterday and have put on 1.2 pounds. I am at a loss as to why. I couldn't bring myself to do the shred last night. I am dragging my own butt off the chair to do it tonight but I can't see myself doing this for much longer.
    smtraxx... I had a gain after my first week at the Shred. No worried. I didn't actually lose that much over the entire stretch, but the inches are amazing!! Stick with it. Take a rest day when you need it. :flowerforyou:

wagsgirls... Take measurements now, do L1 for 10 days, and take them again, and I'll bet you'll see the results! After L2, I could see it without even measuring.

smessom... I can't believe how committed you are. :drinker: Half way through ALREADY!
    My knees are killing me..... I think I'm taking today off. I had knee surgery from a torn ACL and doing
    the shred every single day has been so hard!!! Level 2 is so hard!! I don't want to be a quitter though
    matwood... Modify the moves that are too difficult. The planks gave me a lot of hip pain the first time around, so I simply held the plank the whole time, instead of doing mountain climbers/jumping jacks with them. Find out what move is hurting your knees and change it. Even do another move that doesn't hurt them. It's all good. :flowerforyou:

:drinker: Everyone's getting to the HALF WAY POINT now!!! :drinker:
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    matwood74 - You have got to listen to your body. If you are really suffering you should perhaps take a day off.

Don't feel you are quitting, you have done a great job getting this far.

30DS is tough on your knees and if you have had knee surgery in the past you should take it easy.

take the day off and then get back to it fitter and stronger. you will get a better workout after a rest because you will be able to give it your all.

Just my thoughts.
  • CricketKate
    Options

Listen to your body! I got tendonitis my first time around and that set me back several weeks. Avoiding injury is much better than being laid up with one.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D3, L2: finished

I'm pretty bummed about not being able to go straight through. Oh Well, Onward ever onward!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    L2 D10. Bahhhhh level 3 tomorrow. I'm skeeerreeed. By the way, the cardio got easier, but I never was able to do the double jump ropes. Also, I never really gained the requisite shoulder strength for the dumb bell exercises not to KILL!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 16/30 is done on level 2 .....level 2 wears me out , kinda makes me nervous to see level 3... its working though have dropped 5 pounds.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge with such energy and good intentions. Really wanted to have as few rest days as possible, however I took another yesterday that makes 3. My body felt weary. Still does this morning and I have a planned Zumba class this am and maybe ballet tonight. Don't really want to use my age as an excuse but I guess at 51 the body just doesn't always keep up. Well not straight away. I will try to change this and catch up to you young ones. Although maybe with age comes a wee bit of wisdom and I'm listening to my body.

Kate you are going great and I know its not the only exercise you are trying to fit in and with a young family. :flowerforyou: awesome job.

You are all doing an amazing job and its nice that so many have stuck with it and continue to try.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hey Friends!

Bad news: I messed up some of my intercostal muscles - boo! For those of you who are not speech pathology nerds like me, they are the muscles in between the ribs. Anyway, it hurts a lot, especially when I take a deep breath. Thus, the shred is not for me since I breath very very hard while I do it. I'm so sad because I was seeing such awesome inches results. :(

So, I'm not sure how long it will take to get these things rested up??? Let me know if anyone has any tips. I am going to buy some Aleve tomorrow (to bring down swelling) and working on icing up. Hopefully I will be back shredding ASPAP!

On a cheerier note:

Jellyfishjen: What do you mean that you feel you are not keeping up? It seems to me like you work out really hard! Zumba, ballet, shred - it's all great!

Syd1980: Don't be scared for level 3, I actually found it easier than L2 - fewer planks :) Also, way to go on the 5 pounds!

Swinginchandra: Good luck on L3 - you can do it! Let us know what you think ok?

Matwood74: Sorry to hear about your knee - we can be on the injured list together!

Steph_135: we're glad you're back!!
  • matwood74
    Options
    I'm sorry you got hurt....... :frown:

Give yourself lots of credit though, you've done well!! The Shred is NOT easy to do......
    it is so much harder then I thought it would be. I worry about my knee because of
    the torn ACL, so I have to be super careful. I want to lose weight, but I don't want to
    end up hurting myself. I'll keep at it...... sigh...... it's just so hard!! Oh, and I've lost
    inches everywhere but my stomach!!! That makes me mad too!!! :angry:
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    You're so right, I thought "20 minute workout how hard can that be?" Truth is that it is very hard! I'm not even sure how I got hurt. I didn't shred yesterday because I was studying for a ginormous test and then I just started having pain later in the evening, so weird. Maybe my punishment for skipping the shred?

Be careful with that knee ok? I saw your other post about the inches - how frustrating! Keep up the good work! We all lose in different places at different rates. I lost 5 inches (yes FIVE) off of my bust and .5 off my waist....yay...
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I ran into a friend today who said I was looking thin again. She says that often when I see her, but today I was wearing a tighter, sleeveless shirt, and shorts, and she said I looked like I was shrinking. She asked what I'd been doing, and the only thing I can honestly say that I've been consistently doing (until the weekend) is the Shred.

I'm slacking now though. I'm doing long workouts - 3 hours of walking today - but avoiding the Shred in a bad way.

Jen, you're great no matter how long it takes you to get through it. This round's going to take me longer than the first one, which is sad, but oh well. I'm in the middle of 2 weekends away from home, and I feel like it's not even worth doing the Shred for the 4 days that I have... Well, 2 days left to do it now... We'll see. Maybe I'll just come back on Monday... I hope.

skinnylizzy5... OH NO! Sorry about your muscles! Take it easy until you feel well again! Nice inch loss!