weight loss low carb

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @SezxyStef thank u for your info but post what I want

@andrealopez12 what do you want? There is no question or statement in your op....so pardon us for not being mind readers...
  • andrealopez12
    andrealopez12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ndj1979 this is not Facebook or any other social media so your ignored
  • dtw44
    dtw44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying things like "a calorie is a calorie", it's actually not true for everyone. Everybody's bodies are different. My body in particular, to my extreme dismay, does not lose weight as quickly when I eat higher glycemic foods. It really sucks but that's just the way my body functions.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    now you are just trolling...

actually this is a community site familiar to facebook ..but not sure why that matters...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Taken longer than I thought! Lol. People think low carb is meat, eggs and cheese. What they don't realize is I more salad, cucumber, cauliflower, spinach etc in one day than most do in a week. Love low carb!

Yep

Had sliced seedless cucumbers, tomato, red onion salad snack.

Cole slaw mix with Bolthouse Yogurt blue cheese dressing side dish.

Avocado is moderate carb

Celery is low...

But the Sargento low fat cheese sticks are a yummy snack too!

I'm only moderate low carb. Not sure 60-80 carbs is low?

Been on that level of carbs for a year and a half. It isn't hard to stick to.

But I like veggies!

Yup. It is. Keto is <50. Plain ol' low-carb is 50-100. Lower carb tends to be 100-150. But it's your show, you can do it however you like. That's the beauty of it all. :smile:

2pounds down so ummmm thisno carb diet I like!!!!

Congrats on what you've accomplished so far.

I've been keto for over a year and all 91lb was lost on this plan. I currently keep it 40g or less, but spent most of the time at less than 20g.

Watch your macros (which will keep your cals reasonable) and be consistent over time and you should do fine.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    dtw44 wrote: »
    For those of you saying things like "a calorie is a calorie", it's actually not true for everyone. Everybody's bodies are different. My body in particular, to my extreme dismay, does not lose weight as quickly when I eat higher glycemic foods. It really sucks but that's just the way my body functions.

is that even the topic here? Or is this just a general thread to post anything?

FYI - 1000 calories of donuts = 1000 calories of vegetables from an energy standpoint, however, they are not the same nutritionally.

Do you have a medial condition? I would assume yes...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    OP, if you find you need support or have any low-carb specific questions the following group is good for that.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ndj1979
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    OP, if you find you need support or have any low-carb specific questions the following group is good for that.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

what questions has she asked????????????
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    @SezxyStef thank u for your info but post what I want

f3212fvdtu2k.png

Sorry but this is a public forum and just because you are the OP doesn't mean you can dictate what others post...

Low carb is fine but not necessary and once you introduce them back you will find an influx of weight gain...why? a few reasons, glycogen stores being filled and there goes your calorie deficit...that is why moderation and no elimination is typically a better approach.
    mpm.png 266.2K
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    Are we taking bets on the time it takes for the first "you don't need to do low carb" post....

Are we talking bets on how long before the low carb group say the shirtless mafia eats nothing but donuts all day?

Shirtless Mafia Crew........pickin cookie crumbs out my abs since 1992
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Because the "low carb diet" is the in thing now.....just like all the other "diets" in the past, just another fad diet. LOL ;)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »
    Are we taking bets on the time it takes for the first "you don't need to do low carb" post....

Are we talking bets on how long before the low carb group say the shirtless mafia eats nothing but donuts all day?

Shirtless Mafia Crew........pickin cookie crumbs out my abs since 1992

sorry MFP staff gets "upset" when I go shirtless...
  • Serah87
    Options
    2pounds down so ummmm thisno carb diet I like!!!!
    So basically your looking for a fast weight loss, good luck with that. ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Because the "low carb diet" is the in thing now.....just like all the other "diets" in the past, just another fad diet. LOL ;)

Yeah, that 100 year old fad really hasn't been around that long at all, amazing doctors have been prescribing it at all when it's only been successful longer than the FDA has existed. What's next, the sage wisdom that as soon as you eat carbs again, CICO magically stops working, or the advice that it can't be done long term?

LC is nothing more than IIFYM with a big gap between carbs and fat. Why do you hate IIFYM so much?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Is OP ever going to post a topic?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Yeah, that 100 year old fad really hasn't been around that long at all, amazing doctors have been prescribing it at all when it's only been successful longer than the FDA has existed. What's next, the sage wisdom that as soon as you eat carbs again, CICO magically stops working, or the advice that it can't be done long term?

LC is nothing more than IIFYM with a big gap between carbs and fat. Why do you hate IIFYM so much?

I am not aware of an IIFYM version that restricts foods....
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options

Actually it's been around quite a while. Much longer than the low fat diet the US government has pulled over your eyes. Although I had to start a vituperative discussion by actually making a statement. Everyone has been so careful up to now.

Guess I'm just a risk taker.

• Serah87
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Where did state that I hated IIFYM???
This discussion has been closed.