Stronglifts 5x5

Options

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm unimpressed by anyone who presents almost half of his performed exercises in a month as personal records and then brags about it at every opportunity. "Hey, I did nine reps today instead of eight. That's a PR!"
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Has anyone been doing this? If so, what have your results been?

I just started today. I really like it! My days will be set up for Thursday/Saturday/Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday as my non-lift days. As a beginner today was 45lb / 45lb / 65lb. I'm looking forward to going up in weight for the next one :smile:

It's okay if you're looking to maintain muscular conditioning e.g. stay in "shape" muscular wise. But if you're specifically looking to build muscle, or build strength there are better programs out there.

I also believe that barbells have a greater risk for injury. I don't see the point of putting yourself at this potential risk unless you're a competitive athlete in power lifting.

Barbells used with incorrect form have an increased risk of injury. But, then again, ANY movement done incorrectly has an increased risk of injury.

THe world recorder holder for squats, herniated his disk, they said he would never lift again. You think he doesn't have "good form"? I know some competitive powerlifters here who have suffered from injuries as well. I am sure their form is better than most, it's their sport, and it's what they do.

You're really comparing a world record holder to someone just starting out a strength program? In order to become a world record holder I guarantee his form did not stay correct for all his big lifts. It's impossible to go for world records and not have form break down. That is the risk you run going for world records. That does not translate to the average gym goer starting a new strength program.
    I addressed relative intensity in a previous post...

@Pu_239 just stay on topic please. The OP wanted advice from people who have done SL 5x5. If you have experience with it, great, please share it. If not, please move along.

SHe asked for feedback on it, I gave her my feed back, then you started to question me and asking me for specifics which lead in to another discussion. How many people posted before I did how they like the program? I disagree with all them. I just ignored them and gave my own opinion on the subject. If people don't agree with my post it can be ignored.

OP: I did strong lifts for a little while. It's an "ok" program. What i didn't like about this type of training is the warm up, dealing with barbelles, putting plates on, taking them off, putting everything back. It's a hassle. WHy did I do strong lifts originally? I wanted something simple with a clean outline that helped perserve muscle mass while I reduced body fat. STrong lifts is okay for that. I got back in to lifting a few months ago. I was about to do 5x5. But I opted not to, one time I injured my back really bad doing dead lifts, I was bed ridden for a month literally. I watched countless videos on form, and make sure i did things right. STill got injured. A few of my friends compete in powerlifting, also injured their backs with deadlifting, i am sure their form is better than mine. He actually has a video of his back injury.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q

There are many other options out there. My strength is increasing like never before, every time i go to the gym i break PR's. Last week i broke 5 PR's, 2 days ago i broke 3 PR's, last night I also broke 2 PR's.

Strong lifts isn't optimized, it has a greater risk of injury than other forms of training that produce better results. I would recommend more o a bodybuilding routine. I was reading a study a few weeks ago, i think it was 80% of powerlifters(lifters who do lifts similar to 5x5) have 80% more injuries than body builders.

This might be beneficial to you, it also explains why 5x5 isn't recommended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSe6rnHhl8k

LOL' again using extreme examples.....guy injures himself doing a 518lb deadlift.............

Steve Shaw states @ 2:35 this video is based on guys who have lifting experience who go to use SL 5x5......... he talks about beginners for about a minute and even says it's an OK program.
    You're omitting where Shaw states, "there are much better programs out there." He also talks about the squatting frequency how it's not recommended either. ChrisDavey(the guy in the video) is a highly respected member of MFP. Known him for years. It's about mathematics... Lets say 518lbs is 90% of his 1 rep max.

You go do deadlift for 5 reps at 200lbs with room to spare for 3 more reps. Estimated 1 rep max is 248lbs. On set 5, you do 4 reps. Your 1 rep max for set 5 is 218lbs. This is 91% of your 1 rep max. MORE than what Chris did in his video.

Since the OP is new to lifting, her form will more than likely be off. and have a greater risk of injury...

1. That's his own opinion not backed by anything.....
    2. It's going to take any novice female lifter awhile to have their deadlift at 200lbs x 5.
    3. It's about physics not mathematics......leverages / forces / etc....
    4. How about you use better sources than Steve Shaw.....lol. Do you know who Brad Schoenfeld is??? If not, I would recommend you read one of his 50 peer reviewed published studies.

Physics is just applied mathematics. You're still missing the point about the deadlift. What is a 1 rep max? The maximum amount of weight you can move for 1 rep. If you have a powerlifter who has a 1rep max of 1000lbs, and a woman who has a 1 rep max of 100lbs. 80% for the powerlifter is 800lbs, 80% for the woman is 80lbs. 80% is still 80% doesn't matter the weight. That's the point, the stress and load is the same in either case. it's80% of their 1 rep max in both cases.

and yes, I do have some "good sources" 5x5 is more of powerlifter routine than a body builder routine, so her are some good sources for you.

" A percentage of 43.3% of powerlifters complained of problems during routine workouts. Injury rate was calculated as 0.3 injuries per lifter per year (1 000 h of training=1 injury). There was no evidence that intrinsic or extrinsic factors affected this rate. Most commonly injured body regions were the shoulder, lower back and the knee. "
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21590644

"Powerlifting showed a twice as high injury rate as bodybuilding, probably of grounds of a more uniform training program. "
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2711326

Here is my progress report for last month
    s1ozjzs3e2pd.png
    wft5y3uzt94n.png

41 personal records broken last month. This means my "strength" is going up with a "body building" routine. Once again, no "NEED" for those type of 5x5 workouts. What do they accomplish that another program can't accomplish with less of a risk of injury?

SO OP there are other programs out there, that can get you better results.

5x5 is a proven framework and once again your anecdotal waste of thread space is inconsequential

people gain strength on "bb" programs all the time, yet this does not mean such programs are optimal for strength development

obviously people who are pushing for 1RMs for competitions are going to be more injury-prone than ones who are running bb programs

it sounds like lifting heavy *kitten* is not for you since you have repeatedly injured yourself but that has no bearing on what is good for others

-sigh- I don't get this... I don't disagree with you at all. But the funny thing is I don't think you understand what you're really saying.
    5x5 is a proven framework and once again your anecdotal waste of thread space is inconsequential[/qoute]
    5x5 uses heavier weights than a bodybuilding routine, hence the lower rep range. Heavier weights = more prone to injury. It's a framework proven to work for what? the master cleans is "proven to work" as well. If something is proven to work doesn't mean anything.
    obviously people who are pushing for 1RMs for competitions are going to be more injury-prone than ones who are running bb programs
    What's the difference from someone lifting at a 1RM, and someone who's lifting at 20% max? Who is more prone to injury? THe closer you are to your one rep max the more prone to injury you are. Since 5x5 uses lower reps thus need heavier weights(closer to 1RM you) the more prone to injury you are.

[qoute]it sounds like lifting heavy *kitten* is not for you since you have repeatedly injured yourself but that has no bearing on what is good for others
    You might want to email 41% of the elite powerlifters in the world and tell them lifting isn't for them because they get injured...

the difference is that I have read countless athletes say that injuries are just part of the game, and if you want to lift then you should be prepared for it. whereas you gave injury as a reason to avoid barbells altogether.

and let's not ignore the difference in terms of chance of injury between an "elite athlete" pushing huge 1RMs and a normal fitness enthusiast who is simply running a strength program to increase their strength...and no your 100lb vs 1000lb 1RM examples do not make sense...
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I just started today. I really like it! My days will be set up for Thursday/Saturday/Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday as my non-lift days. As a beginner today was 45lb / 45lb / 65lb. I'm looking forward to going up in weight for the next one :smile:

It's okay if you're looking to maintain muscular conditioning e.g. stay in "shape" muscular wise. But if you're specifically looking to build muscle, or build strength there are better programs out there.

I also believe that barbells have a greater risk for injury. I don't see the point of putting yourself at this potential risk unless you're a competitive athlete in power lifting.

Barbells used with incorrect form have an increased risk of injury. But, then again, ANY movement done incorrectly has an increased risk of injury.

THe world recorder holder for squats, herniated his disk, they said he would never lift again. You think he doesn't have "good form"? I know some competitive powerlifters here who have suffered from injuries as well. I am sure their form is better than most, it's their sport, and it's what they do.

You're really comparing a world record holder to someone just starting out a strength program? In order to become a world record holder I guarantee his form did not stay correct for all his big lifts. It's impossible to go for world records and not have form break down. That is the risk you run going for world records. That does not translate to the average gym goer starting a new strength program.

@Pu_239 just stay on topic please. The OP wanted advice from people who have done SL 5x5. If you have experience with it, great, please share it. If not, please move along.

SHe asked for feedback on it, I gave her my feed back, then you started to question me and asking me for specifics which lead in to another discussion. How many people posted before I did how they like the program? I disagree with all them. I just ignored them and gave my own opinion on the subject. If people don't agree with my post it can be ignored.

OP: I did strong lifts for a little while. It's an "ok" program. What i didn't like about this type of training is the warm up, dealing with barbelles, putting plates on, taking them off, putting everything back. It's a hassle. WHy did I do strong lifts originally? I wanted something simple with a clean outline that helped perserve muscle mass while I reduced body fat. STrong lifts is okay for that. I got back in to lifting a few months ago. I was about to do 5x5. But I opted not to, one time I injured my back really bad doing dead lifts, I was bed ridden for a month literally. I watched countless videos on form, and make sure i did things right. STill got injured. A few of my friends compete in powerlifting, also injured their backs with deadlifting, i am sure their form is better than mine. He actually has a video of his back injury.

There are many other options out there. My strength is increasing like never before, every time i go to the gym i break PR's. Last week i broke 5 PR's, 2 days ago i broke 3 PR's, last night I also broke 2 PR's.

Strong lifts isn't optimized, it has a greater risk of injury than other forms of training that produce better results. I would recommend more o a bodybuilding routine. I was reading a study a few weeks ago, i think it was 80% of powerlifters(lifters who do lifts similar to 5x5) have 80% more injuries than body builders.

LOL' again using extreme examples.....guy injures himself doing a 518lb deadlift.............

Steve Shaw states @ 2:35 this video is based on guys who have lifting experience who go to use SL 5x5......... he talks about beginners for about a minute and even says it's an OK program.
    You're omitting where Shaw states, "there are much better programs out there." He also talks about the squatting frequency how it's not recommended either. ChrisDavey(the guy in the video) is a highly respected member of MFP. Known him for years. It's about mathematics... Lets say 518lbs is 90% of his 1 rep max.

You go do deadlift for 5 reps at 200lbs with room to spare for 3 more reps. Estimated 1 rep max is 248lbs. On set 5, you do 4 reps. Your 1 rep max for set 5 is 218lbs. This is 91% of your 1 rep max. MORE than what Chris did in his video.

Since the OP is new to lifting, her form will more than likely be off. and have a greater risk of injury...

2. It's going to take any novice female lifter awhile to have their deadlift at 200lbs x 5.
    4. How about you use better sources than Steve Shaw.....lol. Do you know who Brad Schoenfeld is??? If not, I would recommend you read one of his 50 peer reviewed published studies.

Physics is just applied mathematics. You're still missing the point about the deadlift. What is a 1 rep max? The maximum amount of weight you can move for 1 rep. If you have a powerlifter who has a 1rep max of 1000lbs, and a woman who has a 1 rep max of 100lbs. 80% for the powerlifter is 800lbs, 80% for the woman is 80lbs. 80% is still 80% doesn't matter the weight. That's the point, the stress and load is the same in either case. it's80% of their 1 rep max in both cases.

and yes, I do have some "good sources" 5x5 is more of powerlifter routine than a body builder routine, so her are some good sources for you.

" A percentage of 43.3% of powerlifters complained of problems during routine workouts. Injury rate was calculated as 0.3 injuries per lifter per year (1 000 h of training=1 injury). There was no evidence that intrinsic or extrinsic factors affected this rate. Most commonly injured body regions were the shoulder, lower back and the knee. "

"Powerlifting showed a twice as high injury rate as bodybuilding, probably of grounds of a more uniform training program. "

s1ozjzs3e2pd.png
    wft5y3uzt94n.png

41 personal records broken last month. This means my "strength" is going up with a "body building" routine. Once again, no "NEED" for those type of 5x5 workouts. What do they accomplish that another program can't accomplish with less of a risk of injury?

5x5 is a proven framework and once again your anecdotal waste of thread space is inconsequential

people gain strength on "bb" programs all the time, yet this does not mean such programs are optimal for strength development

it sounds like lifting heavy *kitten* is not for you since you have repeatedly injured yourself but that has no bearing on what is good for others

-sigh- I don't get this... I don't disagree with you at all. But the funny thing is I don't think you understand what you're really saying.
    5x5 is a proven framework and once again your anecdotal waste of thread space is inconsequential[/qoute]
    5x5 uses heavier weights than a bodybuilding routine, hence the lower rep range. Heavier weights = more prone to injury. It's a framework proven to work for what? the master cleans is "proven to work" as well. If something is proven to work doesn't mean anything.
    What's the difference from someone lifting at a 1RM, and someone who's lifting at 20% max? Who is more prone to injury? THe closer you are to your one rep max the more prone to injury you are. Since 5x5 uses lower reps thus need heavier weights(closer to 1RM you) the more prone to injury you are.

[qoute]it sounds like lifting heavy *kitten* is not for you since you have repeatedly injured yourself but that has no bearing on what is good for others
    You might want to email 41% of the elite powerlifters in the world and tell them lifting isn't for them because they get injured...

the difference is that I have read countless athletes say that injuries are just part of the game, and if you want to lift then you should be prepared for it. whereas you gave injury as a reason to avoid barbells altogether.

and let's not ignore the difference in terms of chance of injury between an "elite athlete" pushing huge 1RMs and a normal fitness enthusiast who is simply running a strength program to increase their strength...and no your 100lb vs 1000lb 1RM examples do not make sense...

It's already been stated by a previous poster. SL 5x5 is NOT a program for testing 1RM nor is it a "powerlifting" or "bodybuilding" program.

It's an entry level STRENGTH based program. Also, Because of the VOLUME AND BEING A NEW LIFTER they will See an increase in muscle mass.

End thread////

• FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options

s1ozjzs3e2pd.png
    wft5y3uzt94n.png

Yes injuries are part of it. But you have a choice, to do something MORE injury prone, or less injury prone. If you want to play a sport, just for fun, and you enjoy golf and football, and can't decide which sport to pick, yet both will satisfy the same outcome. WHich one do you pick, which one is safer???

The weight example. You have to use ALL YOUR FORCE to hit your 1 rep max. ALL YOUR FORCE on a 100lbs woman, or 300lbs man is still ALL YOUR FORCE. same thing. It's relative. If a woman lifts 100lbs for her 1RM and lifts 80% of her 1 rep max. she's using 80% of ALL HER FORCE. the man who lifts 80% of his 1 rep max, he's using 80% of ALL HIS FORCE. It's the SAME THING, 80% = 80%. That's the bottom line. Who is more prone to injury? They are both equally prone. 5x5 uses heavier weights than a standard bodybuilding routine. Hence more injury prone(closer to your 1RM).

Answer this question, do you feel that lifting heavier weights such as a 5x5 program(80-90% OF 1RM) is safer than doing 8-12 reps(60-70%) max?

yes, the point you are making with percentages is incredibly obvious and does not need further elaboration.

I could not absolutely say that a 5x5 program would be safer than a bb program any more than you could effectively claim the opposite. at what percentage of 1RM does injury become more likely? what is the correlation between % of 1RM and injury incidence? does 80% have a statistically significant increase in rate of injury over 60%? more importantly, how applicable are statistics derived from samples of elite athletes to average trainees running a completely different program? can you answer any of these? I can't
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Being efficient is a point. Trying to maximize improvements is a point. All of the bodybuilders I know do the 1 rep max thing once in a while. Stop trying to convert the world to your narrow, flawed way of thinking. THAT is pointless. Granted, responding to you is equally pointless.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

s1ozjzs3e2pd.png
    wft5y3uzt94n.png

Yes injuries are part of it. But you have a choice, to do something MORE injury prone, or less injury prone. If you want to play a sport, just for fun, and you enjoy golf and football, and can't decide which sport to pick, yet both will satisfy the same outcome. WHich one do you pick, which one is safer???

The weight example. You have to use ALL YOUR FORCE to hit your 1 rep max. ALL YOUR FORCE on a 100lbs woman, or 300lbs man is still ALL YOUR FORCE. same thing. It's relative. If a woman lifts 100lbs for her 1RM and lifts 80% of her 1 rep max. she's using 80% of ALL HER FORCE. the man who lifts 80% of his 1 rep max, he's using 80% of ALL HIS FORCE. It's the SAME THING, 80% = 80%. That's the bottom line. Who is more prone to injury? They are both equally prone. 5x5 uses heavier weights than a standard bodybuilding routine. Hence more injury prone(closer to your 1RM).

Answer this question, do you feel that lifting heavier weights such as a 5x5 program(80-90% OF 1RM) is safer than doing 8-12 reps(60-70%) max?

yes, the point you are making with percentages is incredibly obvious and does not need further elaboration.

I could not absolutely say that a 5x5 program would be safer than a bb program any more than you could effectively claim the opposite. at what percentage of 1RM does injury become more likely? what is the correlation between % of 1RM and injury incidence? does 80% have a statistically significant increase in rate of injury over 60%? more importantly, how applicable are statistics derived from samples of elite athletes to average trainees running a completely different program? can you answer any of these? I can't

The statistical data you're looking for I do not have. But I would assume it's apparent what would be more injury prone. Simple scenario, One guy using a bench press for 5 reps(Max weight used is 7RM). Another guy doing dumbbell bench press for 8 reps (10RM weight). Who is at greater risk of injury? Just by using the weight they're using the dumbbell bench press is safer just with that. How else is it safer? If the bar slips(Have seen this happen many times), someone pulls a muscle or the bar slips or something goes wrong. What would happen? A bar bell crushing your chest(bench press) and the other scenario is you simply drop the dumbbells. I guess what I am really implying is dumbbells are safer than barbells. Not saying something will happen in either case, I am just saying it's better to be safe than sorry. 5x5 uses barbells.

you avoid statistics, make a huge assumption, then dive into a completely useless example crafted to suit your argument.

if a bar slips and you do not have safety rails to catch it, then you are the problem. not the bar.

a "better safe than sorry" mantra...I need say no more...I certainly wouldn't want that on my tombstone.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

s1ozjzs3e2pd.png
    wft5y3uzt94n.png

The statistical data you're looking for I do not have. But I would assume it's apparent what would be more injury prone. Simple scenario, One guy using a bench press for 5 reps(Max weight used is 7RM). Another guy doing dumbbell bench press for 8 reps (10RM weight). Who is at greater risk of injury? Just by using the weight they're using the dumbbell bench press is safer just with that. How else is it safer? If the bar slips(Have seen this happen many times), someone pulls a muscle or the bar slips or something goes wrong. What would happen? A bar bell crushing your chest(bench press) and the other scenario is you simply drop the dumbbells. I guess what I am really implying is dumbbells are safer than barbells. Not saying something will happen in either case, I am just saying it's better to be safe than sorry. 5x5 uses barbells.

you avoid statistics, make a huge assumption, then dive into a completely useless example crafted to suit your argument.

if a bar slips and you do not have safety rails to catch it, then you are the problem. not the bar.

a "better safe than sorry" mantra...I need say no more...I certainly wouldn't want that on my tombstone.

If you can do things in a safe manner, than I am all for it. I have yet to see a bench press at a gym with safety rails. You can't neglect the OHP, squat is safe in a rack(but then you're still dealing with the higher % of 1RM). Deadlifts are okay(but this is the most common injury I have seen). You know, about proper gym etiquette. Those exercises shouldn't be done in a squat rack. If you have 1 at your house, then go for it. But you're still dealing with the higher % of 1RM. I just don't feel 5x5 is necessary at all...

Then don't do it. Simple as that. Just don't rag on those who chose to do it.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I've looked at the program and liked it, but I have very limited (like 30 minutes) time in the gym, so I went with Wendler's program, because there's an app that makes all the weights easy to sort out and track, and because it's easy for me to fit into the time I have. I would like to give it a shot, if I ever get my home gym sorted and more useable than it is now... But that will involve renovating the basement. :(
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I've looked at the program and liked it, but I have very limited (like 30 minutes) time in the gym, so I went with Wendler's program, because there's an app that makes all the weights easy to sort out and track, and because it's easy for me to fit into the time I have. I would like to give it a shot, if I ever get my home gym sorted and more useable than it is now... But that will involve renovating the basement. :(

I didn't know Wendler had an app- good to know :) Does it do the weight progression for you like the strong lifts does or no?
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    Options
    There are actually a couple different ones and a spread sheet (with macros) out there, and most of them do the progression for you as well as tracking your progress. It's handy. :) I need to get going with a program again after a long series of injuries (tendonitis associated with hyperthyroid blah, blah - not work out related) and half assing... er... "resting" like my doctor instructed.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

The main reason I see 5x5s advocated over a periodization program like 5/3/1 for new lifters is that something like 5/3/1 will be too slow and not take advantage of your "newb gains" phase. you will start below your 1RMs and it will take several cycles (i.e. months) to even get back to your 1RMs, not to mention actually go beyond them. not that you won't get stronger at sub-maximal levels, but something linear like a 5x5 will let you take advantage of that newb phase and really make some quick initial gains. also 5/3/1 (depending on the template used) will not have enough volume for a new lifter. when your 1RMs are low and capable of quickly increasing then your system will generally be able to handle a much higher volume than someone moving significantly heavier weights.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    Options
    That's good to know. I started 5/3/1 after running through NROL, so I wasn't really "new" enough for newb gains back then. I might qualify now, though, after having the winter mostly away from weights...
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That's good to know. I started 5/3/1 after running through NROL, so I wasn't really "new" enough for newb gains back then. I might qualify now, though, after having the winter mostly away from weights...

Yeah if you test out your 1RMs, calculate your training maxes, and plug that info into an app or spreadsheet or whatever then you can see how many cycles it would take before you reach your actual 1RMs while following the program.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I didn't know Wendler had an app- good to know :) Does it do the weight progression for you like the strong lifts does or no?

iPhone app Big Lifts 2. Worth every penny!!!! It even shows you pretty graphs like this!

It allows you to customize 5/3/1 as you become more familiar with the program and everything.

Note: I was in a caloric deficit while running a cycle or two. I was happy to maintain my strength during that time.

ehzp5kt6pi0t.jpg

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    OP, I did SL for a a while, but I got bored with the monotonous unchanging workouts and had to switch after about a month.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

You are weak.

No one cares.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

You are weak.

No one cares.

GIF-amazing-classic-funny-OMG-rap-rapper-shocked-stare-Supa-Hot-Fire-surprised-GIF.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    dterpsy wrote: »
    I didn't like it because the workouts were not specific enough. I suppose if I was just looking for generic strength training without any specific activity or muscles in mind, this might be a useful app.

What's not specific about the program? They are compound lifts, they work the most amount of muscles per movement............

Yes, that is what I'm saying. It's generic lifts and not specific lifts that target particular muscles.

Generic or Boring lifts? What are your goals, what is your current program, and how does a compound lift not target your specific muscle?

Generic. Boring is subjective, and can't be used for comparison because boring differs from person to person. When I say generic, I mean the exercises target several larger muscles that are common for those who want to build strength for the sake of building strength rather than for a particular activity.

In my case, I'm trying to follow a program to build muscles for rock climbing. Halos, skiers, pull-up retractions, to name a few, are a part of my program and are not on Stronglifts.

Makes perfect sense. Your program is geared for your goal, which it should be! Glad to hear.

I love seeing people get along on the Internet.

It's a good thing :-) I ask more questions for understanding rather than making assumptions. I'm on these forums to help, support, and educate when I can.

get out now while you still can
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Please provide more context around this statement?

too late