WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yannie, our family draws names for Christmas. I wasn't happy about it so I knew I had to give something to my other family members. So one year my mind was just stuck on what to give to one of my brothers. I was sitting at my computer and something was stuck and i had to look under the desk to find it. But my box that I have my shredded paper was right there and I knew I had my answer. All I had to do was to wrap that box up with the prettiest wrapping paper and there was his gift. Now us kids love to out do each other in what we give to the siblings we didn't draw the name for. Sometimes if I am doing a LOT of shredding, it will get hot and not shred. So I sit and lest it rest about an hour and then resume.

Mia, yes, singing in the church choir and being part of that worship team is very important to me. U used to go to this one particular church for years. My husband didn't attend and would quite often try to get me to go somewhere on a Sunday and I would miss. Then it was a habit that I was not going. I was ill and could no longer sing in the choir so I didn't have that actual physical commitment to go. It broke my Mother's heart but I was stubborn. By that time I knew it would be quite embarrasing to go back and have people ask where I had been. So it was easier just to stay home. My Mom died with that heavy heart knowing i wasn't going to church. I am a preacher's kid so I knew I should be but was just stubborn. So last year I had made that as a New Years resolution. I didn't act on it until late February. But when I walked into this church and heard the music, not just from the choir but from the congregation also, I just knew I had found my home again. I don't like the new contemporary churches. I don't like the music, the fact that they don't have a choir, they don't use a hymnal to sing with, music is so loud it's like you are at a rock concert, drums reverberating in your ears, etc. I like a choir, an actual piano and organ, not a band, a hymnal to hold in my hand so I can see my notes, I love to see a Grandpa holding a hymnal with his little grand child. I love seeing a preacher that actually looks like a preacher. But the music is what speaks to me the most. My MS is much better now than it was earlier. Losing weight did help that. So after I joined this small church, I immediately joined the choir. It's a small choir, the only choir I have ever seen that has more altos than sopranos. But the music those old people with a few young ones mixed in is so wonderful. It full fills me. My husband is the same as your regarding cats. When our last cat suddenly died, he said no more cats. Well I think he knew I had to have a cat. So after several months, we went to a rescue group and found a cat. He said it would be mine and only mine. Well, just like our last one, she decided that he was going to be her chosen human. I think cats and dogs distinctively know that a person needs them to help them relax. so Melody uses him for her belly rubs and me for my lap. But when we get home from anywhere, she waits at his place on the couch and just sits and watches for him to sit down.

Sylvia, you let those doctors do what they need to do!!! You don't want this cardiac nurse to come hook you up to so many things you can't escape. You need to take care of yourself.

Jules, I agree with your husband. Quality vs quantity. Let this time be as happy as it can be for him and you. If by allowing him to be off a diet to give him quality time, all be it. Hugs.

Jane, glad your Mom did OK, hope she continues to do well.

Heather, oh Heather, did you have to go and mention that nasty old word geraniums???? LOL. Working in the hospital almost 30 years, I think almost every sick person I took care of got at least one geranium. To me geranium just signifies sickness. Just kidding, I hope it gives you some happiness by helping you to think of your friends good heart to give it to you every time you walk by it. But don't ask me to plant one. So sweet of your husband to know the difference in you just wanting to take this trip and it being a bucket list trip. He is right, he needs to be with you for it.

Vicki, I know you have been asked before but please, can you tell me again what CMA is???

Lenora, do you have a link to your pictures? Would love to see them.

drkatiebug, I don't like it that I can't see any information on my fitbit flex. On my fitbit one I jsut had to push a button and I could see the miles, steps, calories burned, etc. Now I have to go to my phone, iPad or computer to see it.

mimarge, welcome. I have MS also. Are you doing OK with yours? My main problem is cognitive abilities.

mom216, welcome to you also. Yep, we are all stuck together like flies on fly paper. Always glad to have more join us!

Went to Walmart this evening and when we drive one particular route, we drive by the house I grew up in and went to high school and then left home. It sure looks smaller than it did when we were living there. It had a for sale in front so I wrote down the info and looked it up on my computer and then sent the link to my sister and brothers on facebook so they could see our old stomping grounds. It sure looks old. WOW, I sure ma glad I am not tech savvy at all and never could figure out how to use the cloud. I jsut have all the pictures either on my iPad or phone. I do need to find out how to get them off of those devices onto my computer or a thumb drive or some where. There are so many things that need to be updated on my phone but I don't have enough data space to do it. Well tomorrow I will be eating that doughnut! I think it will be a chocolate iced one. The movie today was good. Typical big disaster theme movie, marriage gone bad, disaster, both husband and wife have to work together to find and rescue daughter. They have earthquake after earthquake, tsunami, and numerous other disasters. No fire, hurricane, tornado or major viral outbreak. Yes, price was expensive but the stadium seating is sure better than old seats used to be. Plus there were only 2 couples in the entire theater so al that brings up a cost.

Tomorrow I am taking all my things that were in my china cabinet and donating them to the local animal rescue site that we have gotten our last 2 cats from. Their yard sale is Saturday. They don't put prices on anything, they just take donations only for any item. When we buy, we usually far more than we would usually pay at a yard sale. Haven't figured out how we can get our china cabinet there yet though. If we can't, we can't.

Joyce, Indiana

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sorry , ladies. Back again. Borrowing hubby's tablet. Computer crashed and not sure when it will be fixed. Arm was pretty painful for last couple days , blew my vein at CT scan and half the dye was in. That was quite a day. Waiting for results from endoscopy. Now I have a gastrointestinal emptying test on 17th. Doc should have all results on 22nd.
    Friends from British Columbia coming for weekend. DH stressing because our house is not clean enough ,organized enough , needs painting and the list goes on and on. I ended up losing it and telling him to call and tell them not to come. I can't take the constant nit picking and criticizing. Time to go back to counselling.
    I didn't respond to anyone tonight ,just trying to get back in the swing of things.
    I'm lucky enough to be loved more than cupcakes.
    Trying to figure out my goals for June.
    1. Check blood sugar every day
    2. Get back to walking and posting in Walking about
    3. Ride my trike 2 -3 x week
    4. Swim every week
    5. Get my head clear
    6. Organize one room in the house
    7. Spend more time on my deck

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kim - I usually wrap whole fish loosely in foil and bake it in the oven. You can lightly grease the foil, add whatever seasonings you like, (lemon juice and slices, herbs, salt, pepper ) I wish you could come and tske some dill from my garden! ! ! ! ! I have a forest! Sometimes I slash across each side a couple of times diagonally just so flavourings can soak in. Smoky flavours can be nice. I have smoked salt and smoked mesquite drops that I use a lot.
    Another way would be Chinese style, slashing it and adding sesame oil, fresh ginger, scallions and garlic, s and p, to the package.
    Or you could rub some curry paste and lemon juice into the slashes! ! !

The important thing is not to overcook it. I prefer my fish slightly underdone if snything. Too long and it is dry. You would have to weigh it and look up the cooking times on the internet. A small fish I usually give 15 mins in a heated oven. Then increase as per size. Around 400/200º is about right. I would check it after the required time snd put it back for a few mins if not done.
    Good luck! ! ! ! ! <3

Another very broken and sleepless night, but I guess I am just excited. I looked at all the trips available if you want them. We might need some pretty good clothes and footwear for the more adventurous ones! :laugh: I am so happy we splashed out on a good cabin with a bath! ! ! ! !

DH is gradually getting back to health. He did a little bit on the elliptical yesterday, but I did most of the lifting during yesterday's gardening. Feels weird to be the strong one!

Love Heather UK

PS Weight still at target, despite cheese and garden party! ! ! ! ! !,,

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm gearing up to run my first half-marathon and tomorrow is the big day! Everyone who gets all the way to the finish line will get a medal and a diploma, and the top three finishers in each class will get a prize. Guess what. There are only three participants in my class (women over 60) so all I need to do to get that prize is stay the course!
    Please root for me, everyone. smiley-gen013.gif I'll let you know how it went.

Gilly - I know East Anglia too. I lived in Norwich for a while. Beautiful place!

Janet in SC, we get our "warmest" weather in July, when the average temperature is about 45°F (8°C). The highest temperature we got last year was 55°F (12°C). We can get snow any month of the year. As if to prove the point, last night we got a light dusting of new snow on the mountaintops. It's totally okay with me, though.

Peggy, I agree with Carey in Edmonton and Terri in Milwaukee. Don't wait until July to start walking, and don't make a big thing out of it. Taking 100 steps a day is better than taking none. Weight loss is all about gradually adopting a new, healthier lifestyle. Why not start today?

Carol in NC, you say you're struggling to get your steps in. You know you're just making excuses and you're not liking yourself very much right now. Poor you. You've hit a snag! But remember, snags come and go. Hopefully it helped just putting your frustration into words. Take care of yourself! emoticon-object-086.gif

Yvonne:
    ydailey wrote: »
    My husband is the worst weight loss partner on the planet. He's a skinny man who eats a steady stream of high calorie junk food and never gains an ounce. I think he wants to support me in my weight loss goals, but he has no clue what it's like and no idea how to do it. In the past I've asked for his support in various ways, but at this point I think I've just got to accept that he's never going to be much help in this department. At least the dog is an avid walker!
    That bit about the dog made me laugh. We've got to take our exercise buddies where we can find them. I can only rarely get my husband to go out walking with me, and running is out of the question. (I think he's afraid I'll be faster than him smiley-ashamed002.gif)

Good on ya' Heather! I've located the cruise on the Saga website and checked out the details in your itinerary. It looks good, with generous shore time at the stops - two of which I call home. Let's keep in touch about this. Also – I've been meaning to ask – what do you write?

Penny at the Pole
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    morning friends~
    well I slept but on the hubby's hrs, fell asleep around 7:30 and woke up at 2:15 am. have chicken thighs in the oven for the DH, and will get the boys dinner together and my lunch together in a bit,
    will go see DFIL but cant stay long as I have to go over to my friends house as I will be watering her flowers while she and hubby are on vacation in Italy.. she is paying me 150.00 for 2 weeks of watering, the money will go towards the i pad mini I want to get..
    Sylvia~ please get better quick we worry about you xoxoxox
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning; hope we all have a good day. Tired today.
    I like the new job, but going into the city tires me physically and I have more joint pain.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! It is so nice to be able to come on to this site and get support from everyone here. I have been recording my steps using my iPhone and the most I got during the day was around 4000. I must be really lazy. My hat is off to you ladies that get over 10,000 steps A day. I am going to mow my lawn today hopefully that will get me close.

Karla - it's nice to hear about you and your DH. You are an inspirational couple.

Barbie- you look so good!

Sylvia-I am so glad that everything turned out okay at the ER yesterday.

Joyce-enjoy your chocolate donut!

Heather-I am happy that your husband is doing well.

Penny at the pole - I am rooting for you! I hope you come in first place!

Allison-it would be very difficult for me to go to bed at 7:30! I have a hard time getting up at 8 AM 215 Is Way too early! Are you a walking zombie?

PIP-I think I missed something about poop? I thought I read the posts thoroughly but???

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Typing on the hotel computer – had to go find the hand sanitizer, but can feel the cooties creeping up anyway from this keyboard. Wonder what the last person that touched it had on their hands?

Before I got on the computer, had to leave the hotel to get coffee, as I was up at 5 a.m., and they don’t serve coffee until 6. The little foreign person behind the counter at 7-11 called me “sir” and that was even with a pink baseball hat on AND a pink t-shirt. AND a ponytail. Gah. I know my boobs have pretty much disappeared with the first 25 pounds, but my booty is still present and accounted for…

Grad was wonderful… Two favorite nieces, and the sibling (baby sister) that I’m closest to of all nine of my sibs. Never knew the three other sisters, they were grown and gone before the two of us were old enough to remember. She and I were the tail-end of the ten-child blended family. There's an old country song, supposedly, "Your kids and my kids are beating up our kids..." Our parents broke each other of the serial marrier habit, so there weren’t anymore after that.

Yesterday’s graduate was the last child of her generation. Well, except the Chinese children that one brother keeps adopting because he and his wife like keeping their genetic children hopping, wondering if they actually will get their inheritance split among the “real” and adopted kids—they’re the only millionaires in the family, and probably always will be. The rest of us actually like to have fun. Sorry, digressing again.

Did read all 65! posts, and the good thing about it is that, after the mini-palpitations of watching people land in the emergency room (Sylvia!) you get to see them come out again and be OK. Always nice having the end of the story... and Becca, and everyone else, want to know everyone's OK\

We're doing some shopping for the ranch today, and some shopping for the stuff we can never buy in the small town nearest us as well. One of the intentions for today is find a Goodwill store and buy jeans for me in sizes 12, 10, 8 and 6… which is what I was barely into last time I got down to 137. My pelvis is wide enough that it will probably prevent going down much further than that, and I’d be really OK with a size 8 for the rest of my life... but it will give me incentive. I'm in a size 14 for the trip (yay!), down from a size 18, so I'm happy with that.

Only objection to this whole thing is why do people feel the need to huddle up in groups this big? I can't even say some of the words my husband said yesterday... I have to drive in the cities, as he gets too twitchy... so he drove the first six hours, and I drove through Fort Worth and Dallas (we're staying in Allen, north of Dallas proper). My sis says 10,000 people A WEEK are moving here now, and they're still desperate to find people, there's so much work here.

We'll see my sis again later today, after our shopping orgy, and we leave tomorrow. Will be good to get back to the ranch, where traffic means a roadrunner, a rattlesnake and a coyote in the same mile and a half. :wink:

Right now, it's off to the elliptical to burn off that bacon from last night's dinner. I didn't exceed 1400 calories, but didn't even make 8,000 steps, with 9 hours of drive time to get here... and my choices weren't exactly sterling...
  • nurseadair
    nurseadair Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have just re-joined, husband very sick last fall :'( and I lost approx. 21 lbs without even trying! now getting back on track, weigh about 140 lbs. Aiming to drink 8 glasses water day, Dr says my calcium is too low but my cholesterol too high so have to try and find a way of sorting both out :/ will try and post more often. Would also like to increase my walking - have been on sick leave for past 4 months.
  • nurseadair
    nurseadair Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    PS husband back to health now, thank goodness :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options

smiley-happy110.gif My husband is very supportive of my health, fitness, and weight loss efforts but he gets tired of that being a main topic of conversation so I am so grateful to have all of you to listen to me and to share your journey. This is a great place to be no matter whether your loved ones are supportive or not.

smiley-sleep012.gif When I wake up in the morning, before I open my eyes and look at the clock, I remind myself that if it is really early then I have extra time for the things I need to do and if it is late, then I got lots of sleep---either way it is a good thing. :)

:) Breakfast is finished and dogs are ready to be walked....today I teach my line dance class....I am always nervous and always have a great time.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    smiley-happy110.gif My husband is very supportive of my health, fitness, and weight loss efforts but he gets tired of that being a main topic of conversation so I am so grateful to have all of you to listen to me and to share your journey. This is a great place to be no matter whether your loved ones are supportive or not.
    <3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

In agreement barbie! :) (Love your little graphics...need to learn how to do that!)

Cheri in Fairlawn, Ohio
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Sharon - what a time with the CT scan... I am glad it is over for you and I hope all the results are good. Maybe tell hubby if he thinks the house is not perfect enough he could maybe help by organizing his stuff.... My hubby will clean out the dishwasher sometimes but has the tendency to forget (after all these years) where to actually put the dishes. He says I keep moving things around. NOT....

Barbie - I am glad your DH is supportive of your efforts. Mine is too ... but only if I do it his way. He is not into exercises..ha ha...but knows how they all should be done. He also thinks I should look like the models in a playboy magazine.... AND that is not going to happen... I gave birth to a breach baby so my hips are out there... and a size 12 will be the limit I am sure.

Heather in the UK - your trip sounds like it is going to be so exciting!!

So many new people and from all over the world. Welcome and I hope you enjoy this group.

I started to read "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. I think someone on here was reading it a couple months ago... Very good book.

My goals for June
    Get more sleep. In bed by 10 for sure!!!
    10,000 steps - 20 days
    Walk 120 miles
    Be conscientious of the food choices I make
    Weigh and measure my food

Take care everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bkrimpet- that pic is very familiar! Do u live in Ithaca?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    This is a post that I wrote yesterday on another board that I thought worth sharing here. I think it will hit home with so many of you wonderful women. The topic was: Can we talk struggles?!

Can we talk about struggles?! Yes we can because we are here to help each other as best we can thru the downs and the ups, through the wins and the loses, through the struggles and the victories. I will tell you mine. I always give up if something derails my efforts. I will binge eat at the slightest provocation such that there are foods we do not keep in the house. I have depression and chronic headache issues that require medications that I do not want to be taking because of side effects. My husband has Aspergers and is not there for me in the way I need him to be. The list goes on and on....the difference this time is that I am giving myself permission to focus on me. I'm being selfish for the first time ever. It doesn't necessarily feel good but I know that is what I need to be doing. I suppose we publish the "happy" stuff as a way of self-praise or reinforcement for what we accomplish each day in this journey. By no means does that mean there weren't any struggles during the day. Self-disclosure over. I'm going to hit the Post Reply button before I delete this and not disclose my true self to my MFP friends! :)<3

@Scarlet_Be I don't even know WHAT to eat anymore - no wheat, no dairy, no salt, not to much this, not too much that.
    I agree with you 100% on this issue. We are inundated with so much information about what is good for you one day is very bad for you another. And the list of do not eat gets longer and longer. To this I will claim to eat everything and anything in moderation.
    @Just_Ceci Don't let the bubbly online posts fool you. Each of us faces our own struggles. Make goals. Pick one thing you want to improve and work on that thing. Then pick another and work on that.
    TRUE! My struggle is binge eating. I have so much self-talk going on in my head about not eating the whole bag/container of whatever my mind thinks I want. We struggle-we overcome-we struggle again! Picking one thing to focus on is a clever trick and one that I use often.
    @JMarcella57 It's a journey and it's won by simply not giving up. I am inspired daily by what I see others posting. So, now that I feel better and have more energy from eating healthier, I'm turning my efforts to build new habits with activity. I obviously have a ways to go, but it is simply the next step in my journey. <3
    Love this!
    @scrapbookingtm It is just one day at a time. One meal at a time.
    This perspective has helped me out so many times. In this journey for the long haul this time.
    @mick1127 The point it's taking me so long to get to is the fact that for me this whole process involves advance planning.
    I have found this to be true that advance planning (when possible and without being OCD about it) is so helpful to staying within my daily calorie goal.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pip great workouts!

Kim in Wisconsin they had signs with cows on them that said Chips Happen. I am trying to remember that as we wait for a new lawn mower blade because I bent the last one when I hit the root of a tree last night.

Janet my mom's house should sell very quickly. It is in a very sought after location and my brother did a good job of depersonalizing it, so that it is move in condition. It is part of the reason I want to get the desks now. If I wait I will be at the time table of those buying the house. He recently sold two big building that went with his business, so I do trust him in what he is doing. By just getting my other brother's stuff out and fixing it up the asking price went up $70,000. I know he spent about half of that to get my brother's stuff out and to fix it up. I agree with the asking price, so I think it will sell quickly.

Joyce I have the opposite take on geraniums. Once when I was very ill I read you will get through this and enjoy the geraniums again. So for me geraniums mean renewal and things getting back to normal.

Dreamwriter Scary. Hope you are healing quickly.

Cynthia sorry about your new commute. Hopefully you have time to unwind some when getting to work and home.

Nurseadair sorry you went through so much stress with husband's illness. Take care.

Cheri to get Barbie's graphics just click on on of hers and it will take you to that site. Find a graphic you like highlight, copy, and paste to your post. I got the rose from that site.

rose.gif MNMargaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
    morning peeps - and welcome to all the ne peep-c's :0)!!

lagopus -- YOU GOT THIS!!!!.. I remember my first 1/2. i only had one goal and that was to run it w/o stopping. it was in seattle so it was hilly :0( BUT i did it! good luck with yours!!!!!!!!!!!!! big advice... don't go out like a bullet in the beginning cuz you'll want to with all the adreneline, if you do, you'll peter out in the end. just stay your pace..

i'm really lucky, my husband works out with me when he's off. he is the best and that's even getting up (he'll drive on his day off while i ride) at 4:30am. it's great cuz he'll take my backpack and he'll meet me at the gym and i will sometimes meet him there, that's when i zoom and get to 17-18mph on the bike.

fanncy - i made an anouncement that i wanted to be called poop, not pip. it started when i asked one lady if i could call her sluts. nobody will call me poop ;0(

lhannon - i was lmao when i read your cooties remark! lollolol
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Yannie, our family draws names for Christmas. I wasn't happy about it so I knew I had to give something to my other family members. So one year my mind was just stuck on what to give to one of my brothers. I was sitting at my computer and something was stuck and i had to look under the desk to find it. But my box that I have my shredded paper was right there and I knew I had my answer. All I had to do was to wrap that box up with the prettiest wrapping paper and there was his gift. Now us kids love to out do each other in what we give to the siblings we didn't draw the name for. Sometimes if I am doing a LOT of shredding, it will get hot and not shred. So I sit and lest it rest about an hour and then resume.

Lenora, do you have a link to your pictures? Would love to see them.

No I'm sorry, I don't have a link for you to see my pictures. I guess I should since I'd like to be able to sell a few now and then. Maybe I can figure out how to do so with some help. I'm not very computer savvy and pay for a technical service so I don't have to try to fix or do anything to them (desktop/laptop).

We used to get a lot of 'junk mail' that had postage on it to return it . . . used to piss me off a lot; so I would put them through a shredder and then mail them back to them in that postage paid envelope. You'd be surprised at how quickly it stopped. Friend of mine, who worked at the P.O. in town, told me that they don't pay for the postage until it is returned to them. I'd stuff them full of shredded paper; and then take them to the local P.O. in a sack once a month. I think some of them must have taken me off their list; don't get nearly as much junk. If only I could get the person at the P.O. where we get our 'POB' mail to stop putting in those weekly flyers all the time. I don't shop at any of the places we get flyers from. It must be a requirement for them to have something to do as their job. MMMm?
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Haven't been able to catch up yet with all the posts but I will later.

For those of you who are animal lovers and walkers there is a new app for iphone and android called "resqwalk". Apparently you turn the app on when you walk/hike and it tracks your mileage and then makes a donation to the participating animal rescue of your choice. I am walking for New England Brittany Rescue which rescued my beloved Jake. If you don't have a favorite rescue, please consider walking for them. They haven't forgotten the cat lovers, there are rescues for them also, perhaps other animals, I haven't looked at them all, there are over 500.

I was kinda proud of myself last night...a couple of friends and I took another friend out for a birthday dinner. I refrained from the bread, didn't have a usual glass of wine, only drank water and had a plain chicken breast and sauteed brocholi rabe, salad and the most awesome calimari that wasn't fried. I knew that we were going to have dessert at another's house instead of at the restaurant. I indulged in wine and tiramisu at my friend's house and it was wonderful! I was laying in bed last night thinking that I didn't even ask for a small portion! On the up side I must have consumed at least 1000 calories less at dinner.

I also participate in mapmyfitness which also tracks walking and sometimes they have challenges. I've participated before and not thought much about it because some of those people are real athletes logging 45+miles/day. I was very surprised when I got an email from them the other day saying that I was awarded a $15 credit from Underarmour for hitting 30 miles in the month of May (that was easy even for me). I didnt' think that $15 would make a big dent in any of their products but decided to look anyway. I found a sports bra (something I've been meaning to get for quite awhile) on clearance, in a great color, in my size, for a net price of $3.99 (they offered free shipping because it was my first order). SCORE!!

Book club tonight...hopefully I won't overindulge. I'm pretty sure they will have hated the book I chose for us to read last month. Oh well, can't please everyone and in my mind the point of book club is to read things you would never have chosen for yourself.

Jules...My heart goes out to you and your husband and I admire how you are dealing with his health issues. I have a dear friend who's husband has had 5 bouts of different cancers in the past 15 years. I have never heard a single complaint from him in all this time, he just deals with it and looks forward to the next day. They are expecting their first grandchild this summer and I hope that he is well enough to enjoy the baby.

Gotta get back to work.
    Chris in MA

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I made the 5 day mark for logging in. Thank you ladies. Coming to see you has kept me logging for 5 straight days. Now to make it through the weekend.

When at home I can see all of the pictures I was missing out on when I log in from work. Thanks to all who shared. I enjoyed each and every one.

Mia in MI

June goal - log food every day
    Word of the month - persevere