ndj1979 wrote: »
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

or just eat less of EVERYTHING..

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Which sweets more than likely are.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

The OP said they can't stop eating sweets.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what MAY not be helping diet wise.

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

LOL... seriously?

That's where you're going, Mr I have a head shot on my profile

please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?

Hahahahahaha! Go on girl! Why would I wanna be putting pics up of myself half naked on a public forum to people I've never met before? If people wanna do that that's their prerogative, but I'll keep them to myself thanks.

Who asked you to?

I bolded the actual question for you...for clarity

"please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?"
  • elyzabethgimarc
    elyzabethgimarc Posts: 23 Member
    To me it sounds like any kind of addiction. Smoking, drinking, shopping, eat, etc usually you have to take baby steps, if you just cut it cold turkey it can be really hard to keep it. everybody starts somewhere :)
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

LOL... seriously?

please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?

Hahahahahaha! Go on girl! Why would I wanna be putting pics up of myself half naked on a public forum to people I've never met before? If people wanna do that that's their prerogative, but I'll keep them to myself thanks.

Who asked you to?

"please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?"

"MR I have a head shot on my profile" - is what you called me. Seeing as your profile pics are rabbits and anything but your face I guessed you were implying that I should have something similar as mine.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

yes, look at my profile pictures, well the pre bulk ones…

I never said sweets are a primary source of nutrients. i said there is noting wrong with them within a diet that hits micros. Or do you not understand what that means?

and where are your progress pictures????????

Hahaha, translation :smiley: My pics are on my phone for me to look at and track my progress. Why am I trying to justify not having topless progress pics up on this site to someone who wears beanies indoors?

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    To me it sounds like any kind of addiction. Smoking, drinking, shopping, eat, etc usually you have to take baby steps, if you just cut it cold turkey it can be really hard to keep it. everybody starts somewhere :)

yea, no that is just a ridiculous claim.

• jacklfc88

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

translation - you have none….

for the record, I had mine estimated a few times.

Here lieth the problem. You doing yourself a disservice. Get it measured properly so you can train and eat accordingly.
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

"MR I have a head shot on my profile" - is what you called me. Seeing as your profile pics are rabbits and anything but your face I guessed you were implying that I should have something similar as mine.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I never said sweets are a primary source of nutrients. i said there is noting wrong with them within a diet that hits micros. Or do you not understand what that means?

Hahaha, translation :smiley: My pics are on my phone for me to look at and track my progress. Why am I trying to justify not having topless progress pics up on this site to someone who wears beanies indoors?

you are the one trying to challenge my claims with nothing to back up what you are saying.

For the record it is a skullie that I wear to the gym, you know to keep sweat out of my face and stuff. Ever been to one of those? Or do you just pretend to go? And there is no way I am taking fashion advice from a guy wearing a pink button up shirt.

Typical clean eating zealot. come in challenge everyone on food choice, then when challenged you have nothing to back up your ridiculous claims, so you resort to name calling.
  • elyzabethgimarc
    elyzabethgimarc Posts: 23 Member

How? A person can be addicted to anything. And it sounds like this person if addicted to candy.
  • ndj1979

How? A person can be addicted to anything. And it sounds like this person if addicted to candy.

please explain to me the neurological process where one is addicted to candy. I would also like to see studies with human trials, and brain scan evidence of the brain reacting to said candy. Here is a hint, I am not referring to "dopamine center reactions" either.

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    shelby929 wrote: »
    I was at my goal weight about a year and a half ago. Since then I have gained back 6 pounds, which isn't bad but with summer here, I want to get back to that goal weight. I know part of the weight I gained back for me was candy!!!! I absolutely love it, I probably have at least 1 piece of candy a day (anywhere from literally 1 hershey kiss to a bag of skittles). Does anyone have any tips for losing weight while still having the candy/ how I can incorporate the candy into my weight loss, or any awesome alternatives to candies?? Anyone else suffer from this issue?? Thanks!

If only I only had this much candy a day I wouldn't worry about it, but I have a LOT more.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

1 rabbit, 1 dog, 1 torso, 2 body, 1 bicep and a muscle weighs more than fat by volume / weight training shot actually :bigsmile:

Why are your responses irrelevant to the question which I asked because you said @ndj1979 "Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! "

So I wondered, and will ask again

"please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?"[/b]
  • jacklfc88
    edited June 2015

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

1 rabbit, 1 dog, 1 torso, 2 body, 1 bicep and a muscle weighs more than fat by volume / weight training shot actually :bigsmile:

Why are your responses irrelevant to the question which I asked because you said @ndj1979 "Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! "

"please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?"[/b]

He's answered that question above - someone estimated it for him, as I thought.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

you are the one trying to challenge my claims with nothing to back up what you are saying.

For the record it is a skullie that I wear to the gym, you know to keep sweat out of my face and stuff. Ever been to one of those? Or do you just pretend to go? And there is no way I am taking fashion advice from a guy wearing a pink button up shirt.

Typical clean eating zealot. come in challenge everyone on food choice, then when challenged you have nothing to back up your ridiculous claims, so you resort to name calling.

What claims of mine are ridiculous? That reducing sweet intake might help if you like sweets?

Typical clean eating zealot - man you are such a meanie. Was there any need for that?

Yeah man I go gym fair regular like. I'm 5'7 I weigh 72kgs. I do HIIT and resistance training 3 times a week, do you want my workout broken down for you? I don't have to put pics up to prove that I go the gym. Anyway, wearing a "skullie" in your living room in your gym gear doesn't prove anything either - for all I know you like taking living room selfies in vests and hats for kicks.

Btw - actually think you would better suit a Crocodile Dundee hat although the corks might annoy you when you're trying to bench and one is dangling in your face, or when you're on the treadmill and they are swaying back and forth. Could make you lose focus. But for living room selfies - why not!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    An antidote for meanness: sugar.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Plus, now I'm curious.....what do clean eaters have instead of birthday cake and ice cream.....?
    Sorry, now I'm way off topic....
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited June 2015

This thread is turning into comedy gold.
    Major culture clash going on too... here in the UK real men wear pink button-up shirts. :wink:

ajlhk1xikew5.jpg
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

He's answered that question above - someone estimated it for him, as I thought.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Who asked you to?

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

What claims of mine are ridiculous? That reducing sweet intake might help if you like sweets?

Typical clean eating zealot - man you are such a meanie. Was there any need for that?

Yeah man I go gym fair regular like. I'm 5'7 I weigh 72kgs. I do HIIT and resistance training 3 times a week, do you want my workout broken down for you? I don't have to put pics up to prove that I go the gym. Anyway, wearing a "skullie" in your living room in your gym gear doesn't prove anything either - for all I know you like taking living room selfies in vests and hats for kicks.

Btw - actually think you would better suit a Crocodile Dundee hat although the corks might annoy you when you're trying to bench and one is dangling in your face, or when you're on the treadmill and they are swaying back and forth. Could make you lose focus. But for living room selfies - why not!

tip for you - don't hate on other peoples progress if you are not prepared to back up your own.

the bolded part is so stupid sounding I don't even know what to say to that.

the end.

ETA

clean eating zealot = coming in here spouting off about "eliminating sweets"; then getting challenged on said elimination of sweets; and try to set up a straw man about "sweets have zero nutrients" which no one was claiming, and we were taking about an overall diet that hits micros and incorporates sweets; and when people mention that they eat sweets and have x progress, you have to fall back on trying to rip into people progress, because that is all you have left; and then you get all bent out of shape when you get challenged on it.

the end, part two
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I'm either in for the description of how to "get your body fat measured properly" and how this differs from "had it estimated"

Or out for a dog walk

Yeah ...no contest

Dog walk and ice cream ...
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    shelby929 wrote: »
    I was at my goal weight about a year and a half ago. Since then I have gained back 6 pounds, which isn't bad but with summer here, I want to get back to that goal weight. I know part of the weight I gained back for me was candy!!!! I absolutely love it, I probably have at least 1 piece of candy a day (anywhere from literally 1 hershey kiss to a bag of skittles). Does anyone have any tips for losing weight while still having the candy/ how I can incorporate the candy into my weight loss, or any awesome alternatives to candies?? Anyone else suffer from this issue?? Thanks!

Candy is pure sugar. I plugged into my diary a piece of peppermint candy you can get at most restaurants and then did not get it. The calories in just one small piece or a bite will kill your daily caloric intake. I'd rather have a Klondike Bar which is only 100 calories and that will satisfy my 'sweet' spells. I don't normally eat candy; but Reese's Cups and Snickers are the best! I haven't checked what a small piece of either would cost me per day. I'm on a very low caloric intake number; so I know they'd take up a lot of them. Not worth it, since I am trying to lose; probably not worth it, if I was only maintaining.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Again, eating a Hershey's kiss sounds like an addiction? Liking candy sounds like an addiction?

Jeez, I must have a terrible addiction to trout.

And I hope no one taking that position ever drinks alcohol. Like ever, in any amounts. Or you are probably an alcoholic.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

Yeah you're right right he must be lying. Big talk from someone that has all of his information and pictures hidden.

Hey, how come you never replied to my post a few pages back. How I get pretty leans, we'll call it 12% just for fun and how all my health markers were so much better. Did you visit my ice cream forum here yet???? Did ya???

Ice cream group? ... Show me the money!!!

P.S... I love sweets. I'm healthy. I'm losing weight. I'm a chocolate lover. Will I give that up because someone tells me they have "No nutritional value"... Erm nope.

@MrM27 ... Are Ben and Jerry members in your group? ;)