Do you post "gym selfies?"

Options

Replies

• nick40vmi
    nick40vmi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Man, people who post gym selfies are so full of themselves :wink:

Since it is arguable your profile picture is a 'gym selfie' would you say you are "so full of 'yourself'"?
  • nick40vmi
    Options
    Yeah, selfies are the worst!

Since it is arguable your profile picture is a 'gym selfie' would you say your picture is "the worst!"
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    nick40ghs wrote: »

Since it is arguable your profile picture is a 'gym selfie' would you say you are "so full of 'yourself'"?

I was being sarcastic...that was kind of the joke that my profile is a "gym selfie"
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

LOL I guess the majority of the world is narcissistic because selfies are everywhere! Whether in the gym or not in the gym, someone is taking a selfie right at this very moment! Hmm, Okay got to go take a selfie! LOL

A very generalized statement I might add.

At what point is a selfie 'a photo meant to show- off' and at what point is it simply just 'a photo'?

My point is, Does it really matter?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Better question: who gives a flying F?
  • nick40vmi
    Options

I was being sarcastic...that was kind of the joke that my profile is a "gym selfie"

Ah! So including your sarcasm, are you implicitly saying you do not believe a gym selfie is 'narcissistic' as the Brunel University study says? If this is true, would you care to elaborate?
  • Azexas
    Options

Ah! So including your sarcasm, are you implicitly saying you do not believe a gym selfie is 'narcissistic' as the Brunel University study says? If this is true, would you care to elaborate?

Am I narcissistic? No

Am I proud of my achievements and how far I've come? Yes.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I thought this would have some gym selfies.... :s disappointed.
  • nick40vmi
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Someone who may have a psychological problem. If the study holds true, then the problem may need to be addressed with someone who has the condition. Luckily, medical experts are very likely to be on hand to help. So if anyone feels they may fall under the category of people described in this study, do not fret, help is available.
  • nick40vmi
    Options

Someone who may have a psychological problem. If the study holds true, then the problem may need to be addressed with someone who has the condition. Luckily, medical experts are very likely to be on hand to help. So if anyone feels they may fall under the category of people described in this study, do not fret, help is available.

LOL I guess the majority of the world is narcissistic because selfies are everywhere! Whether in the gym or not in the gym, someone is taking a selfie right at this very moment! Hmm, Okay got to go take a selfie! LOL

At what point is a selfie 'a photo meant to show- off' and at what point is it simply just 'a photo'?

Please see the post on "psychological problems"
  • nick40vmi
    Options

Am I narcissistic? No

It stands to reason that if one has a psychological problem they may be unaware of their own mind. In the case of this study, one may not know they are narcissistic, even going as far as to denying it, due to psycological issues that have arisen. Is this a legitimate pursuit?
  • nick40vmi
    Options
    Yeah, selfies are the worst!

Since it is arguable your profile picture is a 'gym selfie' would you say your picture is "the worst!"

That was the point. It was a joke. I think you might need this as well:

high-horse.jpg

And maybe this:

troll.jpg

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You've been reported for trolling.
  • Azexas
    Options

Am I narcissistic? No

It stands to reason that if one has a psychological problem they may be unaware of their own mind. In the case of this study, one may not know they are narcissistic, even going as far as to denying it, due to psycological issues that have arisen. Is this a legitimate pursuit?

How about instead of posting a blog article you post the actual study. Do you have some medical degree that allows you to make these inferences about other people?

Me thinks OP likes to hear himself talk.

• marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Please see the post on "psychological problems"

My education background is abnormal psyc. , I am fully aware of what the DSM states as criteria for a personality disorder. We can't based that off of post gym selfies. There are so many blogs out there with different info. Ive worked with narcissistic behavior before it's more than selfies/pictures. And this is a site where it is completely appropriate to post gym selfies to map progress. Inspiring others through our own struggles and victories is what keeps us going. keeps us motivated. Thanks for sharing your blog.
  • nick40vmi
    Options

Excuse me, I'm here to stimulate a scientific and debatable topic that may require further understanding due to the recent findings of the Brunel University study. If you do not wish to view or be a part of this discussion, you are not required to engage in the discussion.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Excuse me, I'm here to stimulate a scientific and debatable topic that may require further understanding due to the recent findings of the Brunel University study. If you do not wish to view or be a part of this discussion, you are not required to engage in the discussion.

Then where is the study so we can all see it and read it?
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you take gym selfies twice a day and post..its wrong..if you take every now and then its ok...end of story