What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Being able to put both legs in one side of what used to be my favorite pair of pants :D
    One%20Leg%20Favorite%20Pants.jpg

Outstanding progress - CONGRATS!!

Omfg!!!! That's incredible!!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    I didn't want to die during my strength fitness class this morning. I actually asked the trainer to check if I was doing it correctly as they seemed too easy!
    Yaaayyyyyy!!!!! I'm getting fit! She's bumping up my weights next class!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Yesterday when i got home from work there was a bunch of free stuff where a neighbor had left including a treadmill! Maybe its a score more than victory but i did drag it back to my apartment alone!

Awesomeness!!!!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    When I saw this comic image a year ago I knew I had to do this costume for comicon. Only problem was I didn't have the arms for it. This specific shoulder v was the whole reason I wanted to do the costume but I knew it wouldn't look like that on me. 7 months out in Nov I joined the gym and committed to having my very own shoulder V for comicon. Here is my results:
    IMG_3293%202_zpsqmsdyyzd.jpg

Hell to the yes!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Was squatting 146.5 at the gym the other day. After my set, this jacked dude gives me an impressed look and a fist bump.

Good feels.

Holy crap! Nice strength!!!!!
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Going on vacation next week. Two months ago set myself a goal that some smaller shirts and shorts would fit in time for my trip. Tried them on last night with success! Will be great to wear clothes that fit well, it's amazing how quickly my old gear has become very baggy.
  • emmy141
    emmy141 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have three pairs of jeans that I rotate between, and now all of them feel too big! Guess I need to go shopping soon.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Getting called bigman at the gym, but in a positive way. Odd in a way but definitely made me feel good.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Two friends called me tiny when they saw a recent picture of me.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just back from nine days in Ibiza and I ran THREE times - I've been doing this healthy lifestyle thing for several years now but have still always seen holiday time as time to relax, eat, drink and be merry - this is the first time I've ever taken my running gear with a plan to get a few good workouts in and I did it :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Been able to resist the sweets people bring in to work (yesterday it was homemade Paydays- Mmmmm- but I didn't have any despite having to walk by them many times)- and last night rode my recumbent trike 18 miles like it was nothing. I never thought I would be able to just go ride that far.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I got into wheel pose for the first time unassisted in yoga class today. So proud of myself. :D We've been doing a back bends series for the past few weeks and I can definitely see the progress I have been making, especially with my upper body strength. Now if I could just manage some kind of handstand...
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Been able to resist the sweets people bring in to work (yesterday it was homemade Paydays- Mmmmm- but I didn't have any despite having to walk by them many times)- and last night rode my recumbent trike 18 miles like it was nothing. I never thought I would be able to just go ride that far.

Walking past the sweets several times is awesome! I did that yesterday too with donuts. I love donuts. LOVE. And despite two stressful days at work, I didn't eat my feelings but cycled really hard instead. I'm 46 and just blew by the younger people on the cycling path.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bought a size smaller pants yesterday - have been in old size since 2012!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a 3.1 mile route that I run/walk 5/6 days a week. I have my c25k app and an audio book running as I go along. Last night my sister in law called after the first mile and as I was running I could still talk to her without being winded( my first nsv) and I did not realize that during a call my c25k app would not tell me when to stop running and when I realized what happened I was 2 miles down the road! Granted based on time measurements I was running relatively slowly but I have never ran 2 miles before without stopping. Speed will come, I am more concerned with the endurance part of it :)

edit:typo
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ahh another one! A fitness inspiration page on Instagram liked my gym selfie! Never thought THAT could happen lol!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    According to the NIH website I am no longer obese, just really really overweight. Huzzah!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I can now bench over the max I could do in high school (you know the story, "in high school I once benched...").
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    According to the NIH website I am no longer obese, just really really overweight. Huzzah!

Congratulations!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    At church on Sunday a nice snowbird lady in my class asked me how much weight I had lost, hadn't seen her since she came back.
    Today I went to my husbands work to pick up a vehicle and one of the guys he works with said to him later, I don't want you to think any thing funny or get the wrong idea, but your wife looks really good, she's lost some weight.
    It's really nice when I've lost enough for someone to finally notice, not that I'm doing it for anyone else, but it's finally noticeable. Just need to keep it up and get healthier and more active. Yea!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!