ndj1979 wrote: »
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

or just eat less of EVERYTHING..

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Which sweets more than likely are.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

The OP said they can't stop eating sweets.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what MAY not be helping diet wise.

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

They nourish my soul. That's good enough for me. I'll enjoy every chocolate chip in my yogurt tonight.

Nice try at an ad hom on him. You should have looked at his profile before your epic fail.

I wasn't talking about Mr27. Read the thread properly before you start down the smart ads route. What were you saying about fails? Pahaha.
    Yeah it's fairly obvious that someone made a weak attempt at criticizing some people on this forum and is now making an even worse attempt at skating out of it.

Stick around kid, you can learn a few things from us members that don't know how to eat properly.

Hahaha ok pal. I'll go to the "clean eating zealot" group shall I.

I know you weren't talking about MrM. Look at NJD's profile. He has pics without his shirt. Epic fail if you're trying to gauge his bodyfat.

I'm done with pinky …

but my profile picture is post bulk and no way I was 14% body fat in that pic..more like 16 to 17%…but I am pretty sure I said post bulk I was sub 15….

just for general information …

Your profile is friends-only, incidentally.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

They nourish my soul. That's good enough for me. I'll enjoy every chocolate chip in my yogurt tonight.

Nice try at an ad hom on him. You should have looked at his profile before your epic fail.

I wasn't talking about Mr27. Read the thread properly before you start down the smart ads route. What were you saying about fails? Pahaha.
    Yeah it's fairly obvious that someone made a weak attempt at criticizing some people on this forum and is now making an even worse attempt at skating out of it.

Stick around kid, you can learn a few things from us members that don't know how to eat properly.

I know you weren't talking about MrM. Look at NJD's profile. He has pics without his shirt. Epic fail if you're trying to gauge his bodyfat.

I'm done with pinky …

but my profile picture is post bulk and no way I was 14% body fat in that pic..more like 16 to 17%…but I am pretty sure I said post bulk I was sub 15….

You have other pictures. You're being modest! And I always mess up your initials for some reason. Mental block.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I'm done with pinky …

yes, because someone stole picots from one of my friend profile and posted them on here in a not so flattering manner…so my profile is viewable by friends only..

not that I have to justify myself to you, but you asked…

I find it funny you are commenting on my profile when you do not have a picture posted and no proof of any of your progress…

I am off to the beach…audios...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I'll admit, I clicked on NDJ's profile out of curiosity about the other pictures.
    Of course, I'm not in this thread saying any crap about his current profile pic - the hat and nose remind me of Brian Cranston in Breaking Bad for some reason even though I don't watch the show. Obviously NDJ has a lot more impressive bicep going in the shot than a chemo patient, or even a guy off the street. More like he's going to go cook Creatine and Whey protein than meth.
  • PeachyCarol

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I'm done with pinky …

yes, because someone stole picots from one of my friend profile and posted them on here in a not so flattering manner…so my profile is viewable by friends only..

I find it funny you are commenting on my profile when you do not have a picture posted and no proof of any of your progress…

What the actual...???

So not cool.

You know I'm nosy, right? I like to know who my friend's enemies are.

• Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited June 2015
    senecarr wrote: »
    I'll admit, I clicked on NDJ's profile out of curiosity about the other pictures.
    Of course, I'm not in this thread saying any crap about his current profile pic - the hat and nose remind me of Brian Cranston in Breaking Bad for some reason even though I don't watch the show. Obviously NDJ has a lot more impressive bicep going in the shot than a chemo patient, or even a guy off the street. More like he's going to go cook Creatine and Whey protein than meth.

Yeah, that's the reason I mentioned it... People keep going on about these 'other pictures' but they can't actually be seen.
    I wanted to see what 12% looks like.
  • Chrysalid2014

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I'm done with pinky …

Was curious to see what 12% looks like, that's all, and because you mentioned it I thought it was available for viewing. But no worries. (I prefer to keep things private too.)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Dont give it up .....Im having a cadbury fruit and nut bar...cheers
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm going to say something unpopular. Don't buy it. Don't walk down the aisles in the store where they sell it. Stay far, far away. Yes, there are people who have such a generous calorie allowance that they can "work it in" and people who can do the moderation thing... but that's not everyone. If you tried that, and all that happened was you gained weight, then I say avoid that crap. That's how I reached my goal last November and I've stayed there ever since. I said to hell with candy, ice cream, etc... being strong and healthy and not looking like a blob is more important to me than eating that stuff. We're not all the same person. There are plenty of ppl who think that if they can get away with eating candy then so can you.... meh let them think it. You know what your truth is in your life, and how you personally function.

you can eat candy and ice cream, be strong, and not be a "blob" that is just ridiculous.

and what a miserable existence it must be to avoid a pice of candy because you think it will turn you into a blob.

OP I would suggest ignoring this.

A piece of candy is fine, everyday even! But that is a slippery slope. Some people are very dependent on sugar. They have to get off it, like they would cocaine, literally! So, not everyone is the same and we cannot tell them to have a little tiny bit.
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm going to say something unpopular. Don't buy it. Don't walk down the aisles in the store where they sell it. Stay far, far away. Yes, there are people who have such a generous calorie allowance that they can "work it in" and people who can do the moderation thing... but that's not everyone. If you tried that, and all that happened was you gained weight, then I say avoid that crap. That's how I reached my goal last November and I've stayed there ever since. I said to hell with candy, ice cream, etc... being strong and healthy and not looking like a blob is more important to me than eating that stuff. We're not all the same person. There are plenty of ppl who think that if they can get away with eating candy then so can you.... meh let them think it. You know what your truth is in your life, and how you personally function.

you can eat candy and ice cream, be strong, and not be a "blob" that is just ridiculous.

and what a miserable existence it must be to avoid a pice of candy because you think it will turn you into a blob.

OP I would suggest ignoring this.

You are right - 'some', or even 'most' people can. For many of us, though, it takes quitting almost entirely to change our ways. What you are saying is akin to saying that people can drink beer or whiskey without being an alcoholic. While that might be true in general, it is not sound advice to give to an AA group.

Hello - My name is 'daveakeman', and I have a problem with ice cream. (Not candy so much, for me, at least.)

no, because I don't conflate food with drugs or alcohol. That is a ridiculous comparison point and if you really feel that way then check into rehab or join a 12 step program.

the day somebody shows me a brain scan where the brain structure has been altered by an addiction to 'food' or 'sugar' will be the day I will start considering this ridiculous assertion

but dopamine centers…!

Go to college and take a science class, or just google it!
  • senecarr
    Is that sarcasm?
  • PeachyCarol
    senecarr wrote: »
    Is that sarcasm?

I so wish it were. I think I sprained something rolling my eyes.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    And we've got this week's "sugar is literally like cocaine" comparison.
  • Chrysalid2014

Funny you should mention that. Look what I came across...
    bzme0jxbvkex.png
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Oh good, now I just need a phentermine thread and I'll have bingo!

• senecarr
    Argued about MRI's too much with Sam Harris atheists. All the nope.
  • senecarr
    Wish everyone using the word dopamine had to take a mandatory watching of Robert Sapolsky's lectures on YouTube before posting.