Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• chrissiviolin
    Options
    day 8 done i decided to do 10 days of each level whats everyone else doing??

I plan to do 10 days of each level also.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    help do i start level 2 today is my 8th day!

The way the program is designed is to do 10 days at each level, hence "30 Day Shred." Technically you could do it whichever way you want though.
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    my 11 year old daughter did the 30ds last night and today she could hardly walk my poor baby girl the good news is i inspired her to start exercising!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done and I also went walk/jogiing in the park....it was a good day
  • musica814
    Options
    Day 9 done! A little later than I usually do it, but at least I did it. It was a lot harder for me today, not sure why. Either cause it's so late, or partly cause I ate a lot of junk today :frown: Dang subway cookies!! Oh well, I'm excited for Level 2!! :bigsmile:
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2. Struggled a bit and I hate getting on the floor so much, I really think this is working. Ill take my halfway measurments next tuesday. I really want to see my arm fat shrink that hasnt budged from the cardio I was doing.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Frustrated.... Fell off the wagon this weekend and haven't managed to get back on yet. I took Saturday off because I was so tired from the baby shower and concert, did day 6 on Sunday but it was so late, then Monday and Tuesday which are normally my BIG workout days, I did NOTHING! Not even the gym.

I did do a lot of reading of different health and wellness sites yesterday and one of the things I read really had an effect on me. It talked about the black and white mindset, also known as the ALL OR NOTHING. You say to yourself "I am going to do 30 straight days of the Shred with no breaks or anything," and the second you miss a day, you quit because you didn't do the ALL, so now it's NOTHING. They said this mindset is the suicide of most diets, exercise plans, and even other things in life like school and work.

This is my exact mindset in life. If I'm not going to do it all, I might as well do nothing. THIS is what I need to change and change shall start today. There's no reason for me to quit the shred because I missed a couple of days, and I definitely should NOT be beating myself up over it. So, back on the band wagon. I'll be seeing Day 7 tonight! :)
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    day 9 done!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Whew, done!! Day 9 complete and now I'm going to go for a run. I also did a 5 minute sneak peak at level 2. Not too shabby...just cause it was the warm up - LOL!! I tried out the walking sit ups - those are kinda keewl. I'm assuming it's the only way I will ever be able to do an actual sit up? Cause the traditional ones of up and down up and down are impossible for me, but the walking situps are do-able.

Day 10 tomorrow - can't wait to move forward and do some measurements!! :tongue:
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Just finished day 7! It's definitely getting easier. I'm actually getting excited for Level 2. :)
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i fell off the wagon over the weekend but started again on monday and i'm loving it! i can't wait to see the results for day 10.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've haven't posted for quite a few days. I got sun burnt last Friday and couldn't even think about 30DS - the pain would have been too much on my shoulders & knees. I felt VERY guilty not doing it!! Lesson learned - sun screen! (Dah!)

L3D7 complete tonight. It's great too see everyone sticking with it! When I finish L3 I'm going to return to L2; that level is a good challenge!

Happy Shredding everyone!
  • musica814
    Options
    Day 10 done!! I'm so glad to finally be out of Level 1, to me it was just getting really mundane/boring. Don't get me wrong, I still sweat up a storm and it's by no means "easy" but I know I'm ready to move on. Level 2 tomorrow!!! Yippee!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done! I'm glad I picked it back up after a rough couple days. I'm still hoping I stick with it. Trying to get rid of this ALL OR NOTHING mindset. Still having problems with my calves though...
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 today. I didn't do any shred yesterday because I got home too late. Tomorrow is the last day of level 1. I'm excited!!!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done...doing measurements tomorrow. Anyone else doing them after 10 days?
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Done with day 8! I have very limited power at my house right now from a storm on Tuesday so I couldn't do my dvd like I usually do. I tried to play it from my computer but it wouldn't work so I actually had to do the entire thing from memory! I'm pretty sure I did it as close to exact as possible!

I plan to take my 10 day measurements on Sunday after I've completed my 10th day and before I start level 2. I'm really hoping to see some improvement there because I still haven't lost a single pound! :(
  • musica814
    Options
    Day 11 done. Level 2 is awesome, in a "Wow this is so awesome I am about to pass out" kind of way :grumble:

I will be taking measurements today. I should've taken them this morning before I ate, when I weighed myself. I'm assuming that would affect measurements the same way it would affect the scale.... TOM is here so I feel a little bloated, but I'm gonna measure anyway just to see.
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    day 10 done i can not wait for tomorrow my daughter is on day 3 i think i will take measurements tomorrow! great job everyone!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done.... will be able to join you guys on level 2 by next week....