5'2 shorties

Options

Replies

• keemra
    keemra Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have yo-yo dieted up and down between 170 and 125 for about 40 years. (too many times to count) I really want to stop this up and down stuff. I am currently at 135, down from 148 in March. Once, while still in my 20's I got down to 119, and stopped menstruating for 6 months until I gained some weight back. So I know that anything under 120 is not right for me. I would like to take off 10 more pounds and STAY THERE.
  • mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" on a tall day lol but I lost from 130 down to 105 lbs. I'm back up to 115 now and would like to hit 110 again, but I'm pretty comfortable with this weight, esp since I'm not having to work super hard to stay here. It can be done :)

How exactly did you do it? My goal is also 105, I'm 120 right now...
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' and i went from 170lbs to 113lbs... still going. It has taken me years though due to unforeseen hardships and generally falling off the boat. Point is, it can be done! Shorties unite!
  • annahandlinis
    annahandlinis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2
    Starting weight 14st 4 (200 lbs)
    Current Weight 12st 2 (170 lbs)

30lbs to go!

2s4zdhed948m.jpg
    l54nt2xcnndn.jpg
    3jdrfrkz61mg.jpg
  • L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For anyone who was above 200lbs and went under 200 what was some complications you had to deal with like was it hard or easy at first, did u exercise?
  • Huerita_Sarinana
    Huerita_Sarinana Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Heyyy I'm 5'2 and i've lost 28 lbs!!It's do able you are able to do it.You can always lose no matter how tall you are.Also,Don't just look for the difference in your stomache you can see it in your back arms face chin etc etc.It helps to also measure yourself because you can be losing waist inches as well.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I thought I was 5'2" and then I went in for a physical and I'm actually 5'1" :neutral:
    Anyway.. I joined weight watchers a long time ago and weighed in at almost 200lbs. That much weight on a small frame just doesn't look good and it isn't healthy. I've lost about 25lbs and am now looking to lose about 40 more. It seems really daunting but I know I'll get there at a nice slow and steady pace. I'm not sure what clicked this time around but I am extremely motivated to lose the rest of this weight.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5' 2". With my first weight loss journey back in 2008 I lost 42pounds and weight 150. For me that was a size 9 average. I'm currently 207. I've lost 4.9 pounds so far. I'm aiming for 140 but 150 is good. I'm actually smaller then other people i know who weigh the same or less than me. So I doubt going below 140 is a good idea. I definitely know that I can't get down to what bmi calculators describe as the 'ideal' weight.

I have a physical disability that prevents me from exercising efficiently. I can't go on walks, do yoga or take a zumba class. It's light to moderate pool workouts and chair videos for me. So If i can do it anyone can. But I encourage you that if you don't have a medical reason that prevents you from exercising then go do it. I would if I could.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" on a tall day lol but I lost from 130 down to 105 lbs. I'm back up to 115 now and would like to hit 110 again, but I'm pretty comfortable with this weight, esp since I'm not having to work super hard to stay here. It can be done :)

5 years ago I lost 35 pounds... I went down to 102. I looked SICK, and not in a good way...in the "is-she-anorexic--way". I kept it off for 3 years but then I gained about 24 of it back. I did it the unhealthy way the first time around so the "anorexic" concerns weren't that unfounded...
    However, I am doing it the healthy way this time, but even w/ the healthy way I don't want to look as sickly as I did at 102! So 110 is my goal and once I get there I plan on getting into weight lifting to help tone the rest of the flab that doesn't seem to budge, even when I was at 102!

I'm bottom heavy so my thighs, butt, and tummy were still flabby while you could see my collar bones and ribs, and my arms looked like sticks. Also my face was gaunt. But because I thought that losing weight was the only way to get my bottom half under control, I kept losing! I was wrong!

I have to say that even though you looked sick at 102 maybe she won't. People have different builds, I'm also 5'2'' and I have a very small frame, and I look round at 102. I'm at 95 rn,and I certanly don't look sick. Heck at 90lbs I didn't look sick!

OOps! Apparently my comment was taken the wrong way! I was not criticizing anyone! I simply read her post and it reminded me of when I went down that low and how I looked. So basically I was just sharing my story I wasn't referring to anyone else or how I think they look or would look... I have no way of knowing that!
    So for anyone who thought I was criticizing anyone else I wasn't...
    ANd I apologize for those that took it that way!
    I was just trying to share MY story and why I chose the weight I did.
    In other words... I would love to go down to 102 again because 102 sounds like a great weight (shoot 100 lbs sounds like a great weight)! But FOR ME... it would not be good and that's why I chose 110.
    That's all I meant by my post.
    @juluvthighs @justcat206
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 5ft and have lost 20lb since beginning of jan . Just doing power walking , running and yoga!
  • xmariaxaliciax
    xmariaxaliciax Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am 5.2ft and I am currently 126lbs and at the start of my journey I was 166lbs. I have tried a variety of fad diets but I have seen the biggest changes since I have started running and just making healthy food choices. I carry a lot of fat on my stomach and this has been the most stubborn area! I have still have my pooch but it is finally reducing! It has taken me a long time nearly 3.5 years as my head has not always been in the right place but I am now determined to get where I want to be. The body photo on the left I was between 147-152lbs and the photo on the right is where I am today.

r1icrt2k7sn4.jpg
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    mcfattest wrote: »

How exactly did you do it? My goal is also 105, I'm 120 right now...

Well at 105 I wasn't doing things the healthy way. I was doing at least an hour of dumbbell circuits almost every day plus probably eating around 1000 calories. Hence the weight gain - I now work out 3 days a week and eat closer to 1600 and even though I'm a little fluffy, I'm much happier (I was so miserable always being hungry and sore and tired). But, if you kept your calories lowish and/or are physically able to work out a lot harder than I can right now, it's probably doable :)
  • joyfulton94
    joyfulton94 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'3 down 10lbs since 5-11-15. Eating around 1450 calories per day and 45 min of exercise (water aerobics, zumba, treadmill, weight circuit or YouTube videos) 5-6 days per week. Goal weight for me right now is 150. I started at 290 and am currently 278. Long road ahead.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    nikkishai wrote: »
    Hiya! I'm 5'2" and this is 6 weeks worth of weight lifting (5x/wk), a 20% calorie deficit, and sporadic HIIT sessions (3-4x/wk). I've been following the Thinner Leaner Stronger program by Michael Matthews and I plan on sticking with it for a full year, so more to come...

progress-side-05312015_zps0ik0ylgk.jpg

Great results!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2". I'm curious as to what everyone's goal weight is.
    L0vAnj wrote: »
    For anyone who was above 200lbs and went under 200 what was some complications you had to deal with like was it hard or easy at first, did u exercise?

I started at 224 lbs. down 59 so far. Lost the first 40 by eating less and walking. I then joined the gym and started weight training. The losses slowed after that, but I look and feel so much better for it. It hasn't been easy to lose, but I am 40 years old so it is harder to lose now then when I was younger.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    5'3 - lost 30lbs and been maintaining for the last year. Hard work but worth every minute and ounce of sweat.
    glfl0bxeazdp.jpg

I'd like to know what you did, I am same height and need to lose about 20 lbs. now, already lost some from my profile pic, gotta update that soon.

You look so confident and just stunning.

• thevolp
    thevolp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" too. Got up to 169 last year, currently at 156 but my goal and my old healthy weight is 132. Never had a problem exercising I do cardio and weight lifting almost every day, it's eating. Trying to cut portions, not snack or drink my calories and only eat when I'm hungry. Only been a week in this game but I'm feeling tough.
  • ermanilabiol
    ermanilabiol Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also. Need to be more serious about nutrition.
  • ermanilabiol
    ermanilabiol Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is anybody eating 1200 cal/day here?
  • twink9223
    twink9223 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5ft 2 in july 2014 just before I had my son my weight reached 17st 4,then in january 2015 i decided to lose weight,i yo yo'd till march then i started losing the weight and keeping it off im now 14st 11 and still losing,ive never been more confident,happy and proud of myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!