5'2 shorties

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Is anybody eating 1200 cal/day here?

I'm betting a lot of us shorties are on 1200 cal/day. I am, for one. Right now, I'm leisurely planning my menu for the day, and will start breakfast as soon as I finish cuddling two out of four cats who are keeping me trapped on the couch (I love Sundays!).

When I actually get moving, it'll be vitamins, coffee with almond milk, Fiber One cereal and a Saturn peach. That'll wind up at around 250 calories, with a good push toward fiber and potassium. I have leftover chicken parm with pasta from yesterday. I overdid things on the salt side yesterday, with my sister - we had a fun day (on top of the chicken parm dinner, McDonald's for lunch - VERY bad!), and I was prepared for gaining a few ounces this morning, which I did (up from 111.9 to 112.7), so the parm will be a small portion, skipping the pasta, eating only the chicken/cheese. And I know I want some coconut flavored Yoplait Greek yogurt, so that's in there. Now I'm up to around 600 calories, and I know I need to build up on protein, so I've got plenty of room and plenty of choice. And I know I want to take it easy on salt because of yesterday's overload. I'm betting I'll settle on a bean combination salad, but we'll see where I end up.

So that's one way to fiddle around with 1200 cal/day, and try to stay healthy and satisfied within it.

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi all started at 144 and down to 139 lbs with 11 lbs to my goal! I want my wedding dress to fit again!

I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I do my 10000 steps a day and eat back all my exercises calories which are from my steps, hiking pushing a stroller or zumba at home. My husband got an apple watch for me for mother's day and it has helped me tremendously to keep me motivated and moving more. I have a desk job and wasn't very good at moving. I now take my breaks and do quick walks while crocheting in the break room. Just doing the 10000 gives me about 400 active calories but I only log my "exercise" calories from my hikes or zumba on MFP. I love that the apple watch gives you a calorie count just for the active calories of your workout so the calories burned seem less but in reality it is a more accurate reading.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    My base is 1200, but I am eating back at least part of my exercise cals at this point, and on weekends I have a treat meal. Trying to keep my weekly averaged cals to under 1500/day. Some weeks I do better than others. I think, though, as I get closer to goal weight I will have to get closer to 1200 spot on. (Am 170 with 50lbs left to lose. Have lost 90 so far.)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    (Am 170 with 50lbs left to lose. Have lost 90 so far.)
    Wow kudos to you. Awesome loss.

I'm on 1200 a day as well, and eat back some exercise calories most days

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member

Thank you! You look amazing. Are you at goal yet? If not, it looks close.
  • kidneybee
    kidneybee Posts: 1 Member
    5'2" here. Started at 125 lbs and currently at 112 lbs after 3 months on a 1200 cal/day diet. Goal weight is 110 lbs with less fat, more muscle. I carry all my weight disproportionately in my hips and thighs, so my goal is to tone my legs up to match my upper body.
  • amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    benzieboxx wrote: »
    For the longest time I thought I was 5'2" and then I went in for a physical and I'm actually 5'1" :neutral:
    Anyway.. I joined weight watchers a long time ago and weighed in at almost 200lbs. That much weight on a small frame just doesn't look good and it isn't healthy. I've lost about 25lbs and am now looking to lose about 40 more. It seems really daunting but I know I'll get there at a nice slow and steady pace. I'm not sure what clicked this time around but I am extremely motivated to lose the rest of this weight.

This made me smile- same thing happened to me. I always thought I was closer to 5'3" but apparently I'm 5'2.5" -

Anyway! I started at 197 last October, didn't really get on the food tracking bandwagon until mid January of this year. Since then I have lost 25 lbs down to a weight of 171. I began with some Zumba classes, and then started a moving challenge of attempting to get 2,015 miles by walking/running/elliptical in the year 2015. I trained for and ran my first 10k over Memorial Weekend. I now am reading the book "The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women" and can't wait to start a lifting program. I did a few programs on bodybuilding.com and it's amazing the inches that come off with weights! Here are my progress photos from March in the fitness gear. The wedding photo versus the orange shirt is last August versus this June 2015!

ypgm2420j4lx.jpg
    wtklcjsck3zz.jpg
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    L0vAnj wrote: »
    For anyone who was above 200lbs and went under 200 what was some complications you had to deal with like was it hard or easy at first, did u exercise?

I was 197, and I lost 50 lbs by cutting everything I ate in half, and walking a 15 minute mile every morning. And I followed the principles of the zone diet, which is great at keeping you not hungry. That really worked for me. It was great to see the lbs literally fall off. I recently let my weight creep back up, so I'm back on the wagon. Good luck to you!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

Thank you! You look amazing. Are you at goal yet? If not, it looks close.

Not quite. I'm 164 now, goal of 137. When I get there I'll re-evaluate to see if I need to go lower

• SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm a shortie too at 5'0. I started counting calories and exercising in January and have lost 32 lbs so far. I still need to lose at least another 20 lbs and then I'll reevaluate from there. I'm on 1200 calories a day but I eat back some of my exercise calories. I do a lot of cardio such as volleyball, hiking and just started running. I also do some weight lifting 2-3x per week. Here's some before and during facial pics.

Before:
    JZXTKKS.jpg

Currently:
    oTIzhad.jpg
    (The first two pics I had lost about 22 lbs and the 3rd pic I've lost 32lbs)

Btw please feel free to add me as a friend! I know we can all reach our goals with some positive support! (*^_^*)
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    5'3 - lost 30lbs and been maintaining for the last year. Hard work but worth every minute and ounce of sweat.

24p5jmsqsjpt.jpg
    glfl0bxeazdp.jpg

Hot damn! You look fantastic. Slim with curves! Well done!!

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2015
    Is anybody eating 1200 cal/day here?

I am @ermanilabiol
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2015
    kidneybee wrote: »
    5'2" here. Started at 125 lbs and currently at 112 lbs after 3 months on a 1200 cal/day diet. Goal weight is 110 lbs with less fat, more muscle. I carry all my weight disproportionately in my hips and thighs, so my goal is to tone my legs up to match my upper body.

@kidneybee
    Me too!
    You're my "weight" and "weight loss goal" twin! :)
    But you're much younger than me, LOL!
  • nancyzoman
    nancyzoman Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5'4", but I think of myself as a shortie, so I hope it's OK to be in this group :). I used to weigh 105, but I gained 35 pounds in 5 years due to an array of health issues and, also, quite frankly, giving up a little (and giving in a lot)! I'm older now would like to get down to 115 and stay there.
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm 5'1 and my starting weight was about 160 and I'm now 131! I started back in January and have about 11 more to go! 120 is my goal as of right now and then I'll see how I feel when I get there!
  • blondecitygurl
    blondecitygurl Posts: 11 Member
    Everyone looks amazing!!! Keep up the good work!
  • sahm2mandm
    sahm2mandm Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 37 5'2, started out at 295, currently 189 in just over a years time. My goal is 130. I want to get to 150 and maintain/work on reducing body fat, then work on the last 20.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    I'm 5'1
    Went from 148 to 112.5 :)
    My goal weight is 100 pounds.
    With clean eating and exercise 5 times a week, it took me three months to lose 30 pounds.

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    I'm 5'1
    Went from 148 to 112.5 :)
    My goal weight is 100 pounds.
    With clean eating and exercise 5 times a week, it took me three months to lose 30 pounds.
    This is great! You were close to my start weight. I want to get to be you :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!