What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    I wore size 9 jeans comfortably today. I was a (snug) 12 when I started 5 months ago.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    I went out for dinner with my husband tonight. It was kind of impromptu, so hadn't been saving calories for it like I normally would. But the NSV is that I didn't freak out. I went, had a glass of wine, and had bread, an entree and a main. I tried to choose relatively healthy options, but didn't stress about it or over-analyse. I kind of just had what I wanted. And I skipped dessert because I realised I was full, not because "I shouldn't eat it". I didn't fully analyse and track my food - I just guesstimated calories and left it at that. So the NSV is that I feel like I can relax a little in my relationship with food now and then and not stress that it's going to start a massive downward spiral. That said, I'm about to jump on my bike and spin off some of dinner while I watch the telly...
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    I have 2!
    1. Played 3 games of sand volleyball back to back to back, and wasn't tired or winded and had a ton of fun!
    2. The shorts I had on kept slipping down - in between each play I had to pull them back up, LOL!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    I have one! I am not that far in my weight loss journey, but my dad brought home some junk food last night. One of those items was half a dozen donuts (in celebration of international donut day). Between him and my mom there are 2 donuts left out of the 6.. and I haven't touched one of them! I am pretty sure my family can do the favor of finishing them off for me :P
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Saw my dimples when I smiled in the mirror this am. Haven't noticed them in a long time.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Almost cried in the dressing room today. I tried on a pair of shorts, pulled up, zipped up, looked up and did not recognize the body in the mirror. Where did that skinny person come from? The mind has not caught up to the body.
  • DocChelle
    DocChelle Posts: 6 Member
    I haven't posted anywhere on MFP before ( I do a lot of lurking though) but I was pretty pleased so I thought I would share. Yesterday was an annual picnic for a group I participate in at work. There are about 40 of us but only maybe half actually go to event so there are several that I don't see very often, if at all at work. I started my weight loss journey in November 2014 and have lost approximately 70 lbs so far (started at 280ish I think, but I didn't have a scale for the first week and a half, so it's a guestimate) and one of the guys that I don't see very often told me that he didn't recognize me when he first got to the picnic because I had lost so much weight.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Almost cried in the dressing room today. I tried on a pair of shorts, pulled up, zipped up, looked up and did not recognize the body in the mirror. Where did that skinny person come from? The mind has not caught up to the body.

I've cried in the dressing room before. Sometimes weight loss is...overwhelming.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Yesterday I had to wear a dress for a last minute invite to a party and all the dresses I own fit me! I did not try them on earlier in my journey, kind of forgot about them and I needed a moment to realise what I had accomplished.

I am so happy for myself and all of you on your unique journeys. Here s to NSVs
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    astylla wrote: »
    I was able to fit into a size 24 shorts and new jeans today at Macy's that I actually LOVE.

I also noticed my profile no longer has the "fake baby bumo" as I call it - basically always had the bump that stuck out beyond my pants causing me to look pregnant in my profile. It's now basically non existent and my confidence has skyrocketed!

Also this is the outfit I bought today and love it :)

xp6lw4.jpg

You look adorable! Thanks for posting.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    kikityme wrote: »
    Embarrassing but my underwear fell off while I was walking down stairs and wearing a skirt and someone saw :blushing:! so I rewarded myself with 10 much needed new pairs.

That's fantastic I lolled. :laugh:

Me too!!! Lol
  • amk165
    amk165 Posts: 21 Member
    I put on shorts and went out in public.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    I bought a new jumper yesterday and it was only an XL not a XXL. Still got 51lb to lose but by jiminy that felt good.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Two friends called me tiny when they saw a recent picture of me.
    DocChelle wrote: »
    I haven't posted anywhere on MFP before ( I do a lot of lurking though) but I was pretty pleased so I thought I would share. Yesterday was an annual picnic for a group I participate in at work. There are about 40 of us but only maybe half actually go to event so there are several that I don't see very often, if at all at work. I started my weight loss journey in November 2014 and have lost approximately 70 lbs so far (started at 280ish I think, but I didn't have a scale for the first week and a half, so it's a guestimate) and one of the guys that I don't see very often told me that he didn't recognize me when he first got to the picnic because I had lost so much weight.

At church on Sunday a nice snowbird lady in my class asked me how much weight I had lost, hadn't seen her since she came back.
    Today I went to my husbands work to pick up a vehicle and one of the guys he works with said to him later, I don't want you to think any thing funny or get the wrong idea, but your wife looks really good, she's lost some weight.
    It's really nice when I've lost enough for someone to finally notice, not that I'm doing it for anyone else, but it's finally noticeable. Just need to keep it up and get healthier and more active. Yea!!!!
    arditarose wrote: »
    cblue315 wrote: »

I've cried in the dressing room before. Sometimes weight loss is...overwhelming.

• Carnhot
    I take so much longer to choose what to wear each day now, because I have shrunk back into clothes I actually like wearing.[/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • Carnhot
    Sorry, don't know how all that quoting happened.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Quotes happen. Odd stuff on the app lately.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 518 Member
    Well i havent lost much.. just 6 kgs. (Though recently i have gained a few back) previosly when i went to for the walks i had to stop every 5 minutes for half a minute cause my feet used to pain and i thought its the shoe.. i gotta get that changed..given that i am not too heavy.. (85 kgs)..after i lost 6 kgs.. now i can walk a comfortable for 20 to 30 mnts..take just a few seconds break.. and walk for another half hr..feet pains very less..and in the same shoe.. ;)
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    I bought new jeans 2 weeks ago and they were really tight, but now they are already getting quite loose.
    Maybe I should buy a belt, because buying new pants all the time will get a bit expensive ;)
  • wheeee123
    wheeee123 Posts: 19 Member
    I had a hearty helping of veggies with every meal today! Veggie and sausage scramble at breakfast, a nice green salad with lunch, and I'm about to chow down on a side of broccoli with dinner. I'm making a goal to have veggies with every meal for the next week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!