20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Sunday afternoon. Just relaxing and getting updated on computer.
    Had lunch at Long Horn Steakhouse with church friends but did ok had a salad and gave all the bad stuff to hubby.
    I really prefer eating at home.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My countdown week had begun!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be here to chat until Wednesday. Then I will be MIA on Thursday and Sunday. I will post on Friday after I see the doc. I'm not sure if I will have time to post on Saturday or not. Will cross that bridge when I get there. But I will continue to log my food during my travels.

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifI am home again. The line dance workshop was great fun....good time with my friends, a chance to stretch myself as a learner, an opportunity to learn from good dance instructors, and many chances to dance familiar dances with others. I stayed up later than usual (we danced until after 9PM) but still got up early enough this morning to walk over 10,000 steps before meeting my friends for breakfast and the drive home.

smiley-happy080.gifOne of the most important requirements of a good lifelong food plan is that you will stick to it....thus vegan is out for me.....but I am so happy that Marie has found success.....for me, a food plan that includes no recreational sugar, almost no sauces and dressings, and no eating for entertainment has been the plan that has served me well for over six years...

smiley-happy080.gifone of my friends said that at one time in her life she was a "french fry vegan" meaning that she didn't eat any animal products, but what she did eat, wasn't very healthy...it's hard to get all the necessary nutrients on a vegan plan so it requires special vigilance.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    My countdown week had begun!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be here to chat until Wednesday. Then I will be MIA on Thursday and Sunday. I will post on Friday after I see the doc. I'm not sure if I will have time to post on Saturday or not. Will cross that bridge when I get there. But I will continue to log my food during my travels.

good luck Esther on your travels. And hope the doctor have good news for you my thoughts will be with you

Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Barbie..glad you made it back home and had a great time!
    Esther..I know your trip will be fun and productive.
    Nancy..I am not a big fan of eating out, either, but I get tired of eating the same stuff!
    Marie..added some beans yesterday.
    Janice...it was only a small amount so no gas! :)

Gym day for me...pool and personal training. My trainer was sick one day last week so make up day is today, and I will have three sessions this week instead of two.
    No news to report on weight..no loss or gain.

Make it a great day! Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie glad you are back in town, I missed you. Glad you had a good time. But you usually do wherever you go.
    Marie
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I missed Easter . . .; my monthly goal (with a low caloric intake) is to, at least, lose 5lbs. a month and reaching my goal by February 2016. On a Medical Weight Loss Plan and, except for weekends, I am pretty much staying within my goal. This is only the 4th week I have been in it and tomorrow is my weigh-in date; it will be interesting to see if I have lost any more weight. I do not weigh any time except at my nurse/MD's office because my scales are not accurate. The first weigh-in - my starting weight was 199 (too close to 200 for me); next weigh-in 2 weeks ago, I had lost 7lbs and was ecstatic. Plan on getting to my goal weight by the end of the year (or before when my $$$ that I have saved to be in it, runs out). LOL! Might even dip into my savings for this . . . it seems to be working. My downfall is usually cheese or something made with cheese; and I run over the 1ounce it says I can eat. Maybe grating it will keep me from going over, because it would look like a lot. I bake my French Fries; and I have surprisingly been able to cook meals that are 550 calories or less. I put up meat in my freezer that are 1 serving and put on the package how much it weighs before cooking it. I place my fork or spoon down each time I put in a mouthful and chew slowly until it is gone and don't gulp my food anymore. I arrange my food on my plate and take one bit of each thing (usually 3). That makes it (usually) come out where I eat all of it and run out at the same time.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy I preferred eating at home too. The food i I prepared taste so much better. Jjerry went to a barque last night an brought home a Napa salad that was really good tho I may try making me one. When I make something it last me a few days so aim not spending much time in the kitchen. Jerry do not eat my kind of food. So he does his own thing.

I did have a small gain this morning.I had a bowl of gluten free Asian food yesterday and it was loaded with salt. know better next time

Good Monday morning you guys
    marie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I haven't been posting a lot lately been so busy with travel, work and exercising. I have been able to accomplish getting an IT certification and get a routine down for working out.

I now attend a bootcamp class 3 nights a week for an hour, even though its a good workout it doesn't tire me enough so I usually do something else afterwards. I actually found this kickboxing place that I really like (got a one free class), so at some point I will sign up for that as well. Only thing being that I am retired military I am not used to paying for fitness classes ( base gyms are free), but looks like I have no choice since I haven't found a good class on base.

I went on a run yesterday with a friend and was surprised that I was able to do the first mile in 11 minutes!! It was nice running with someone. I usually do it alone.

This morning I weighed myself and was down 2 lbs! That's only 7 lbs total for this challenge, doesn't look like I will make the 4th of July 20 lb goal but still trying!! :wink:
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [quote="cristina0000;32808261

This morning I weighed myself and was down 2 lbs! That's only 7 lbs total for this challenge, doesn't look like I will make the 4th of July 20 lb goal but still trying!! :wink: [/quote]

Great news Cristina 2 pounds down.. I am not trying to lose 20 pounds by. the fourth either just what my body will want to do on the plan I am on. so any loss will be a + for me. This is my fourth week on the vegan way of eating and still well please with it. all we can do is the best we can. Keep on trying and never never give up

<3 Marie
    Going recipes hunting for Naples cabbage recipes my goal for this week anyone got any?
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of yesterday's Sail Past. All boats that participated were decorated.
    The food served was cheese trays, pickles trays and sandwiches.

sqcdyc8gvmws.jpg

Today was Yoga class and I had my new meditation bench which my husband made for me. It worked great,
    we usually do meditation for 10 mins. after class.

My weight is still up from where I want it but still at at!!

Today is a rain day and humid. A laundry day and groceries today.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sound like a fun day was had. Shirley

Marie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday misfits :) This weekend was my birthday so I was a little leery to weigh in this morning....... But I sucked it up and discovered the evil scale gave me a 3 pound loss over the past few weeks!! An extra1.5 over what I was flirting with last week :) Not quite sure how THAT happened B) but I am officially 2 pounds from my goal weight. Best birthday present ever!!

GREAT job Cristina! Tomorrow I am picking up a 3month family pass to the community center. I am getting excited to throw in some fun classes and keep this lifestyle change moving forward. I was even thinking about trying one of the line dancing classes, Barbie.

Esther I am so very excited for your doctor appointment this week <3. Your doctor is undoubtedly going to very proud of all your hard work!! Can't wait to hear what he says :)

My garden is is full swing.... Fresh strawberries, lettuce and kale every day..... Just waiting for my yummy snap peas and squash to start producing and my blueberries to actually turn"blue" LOL. I love shopping in my backyard for dinner :)

I have been on many weight loss adventures through the years, but I appreciate this final one all the more because of the very lovely and supportive friends I have found in all of you beautiful ladies. Thank you for always being there for me and each other <3

Have a great day everyone!!

Tami
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Sound like a fun day was had. Shirley

Marie

Shirley , is that yours and Dave boat all decorated up?

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Monday misfits :) This weekend was my birthday so I was a little leery to weigh in this morning....... But I sucked it up and discovered the evil scale gave me a 3 pound loss over the past few weeks!! An extra1.5 over what I was flirting with last week :) Not quite sure how THAT happened B) but I am officially 2 pounds from my goal weight. Best birthday present ever!!

GREAT job Cristina! Tomorrow I am picking up a 3month family pass to the community center. I am getting excited to throw in some fun classes and keep this lifestyle change moving forward. I was even thinking about trying one of the line dancing classes, Barbie.

Esther I am so very excited for your doctor appointment this week <3. Your doctor is undoubtedly going to very proud of all your hard work!! Can't wait to hear what he says :)

My garden is is full swing.... Fresh strawberries, lettuce and kale every day..... Just waiting for my yummy snap peas and squash to start producing and my blueberries to actually turn"blue" LOL. I love shopping in my backyard for dinner :)

I have been on many weight loss adventures through the years, but I appreciate this final one all the more because of the very lovely and supportive friends I have found in all of you beautiful ladies. Thank you for always being there for me and each other <3

Tami

Tami so sorry to miss your Birthday on June 6 since my computer broke down on me I am having to used my IPad and I do not know how to get around too much Hope to be back in business next Sunday with a whole lot of luck and I can get back to normal around here. congrats on your 3 pound loss.

happy belated birthday Tami
    How close to your goal are you now?

Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options

Tami

Tami so sorry to miss your Birthday on June 6 since my computer broke down on me I am having to used my IPad and I do not know how to get around too much Hope to be back in business next Sunday with a whole lot of luck and I can get back to normal around here. congrats on your 3 pound loss.

happy belated birthday Tami
    How close to your goal are you now?

Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Tami-Dont you love when the scale surprises you, congrats on your 3lb loss, and I am so happy for you and only being 2lbs from goal. Happy Birthday!!!!! I know it wasoff to a great start with your loss. I wish we had planted more, we only have tomato plants and they are a long way off. It must be nice free shopping in your backyard. Janice

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie and everyone, remember me, Linda from North Wales UK, just thought I'd drop in and see how you're all getting on, it seems you're all doing just fine and have a great group. I'm still batting along with the same 7lb's that I'm trying to lose and getting nowhere LoL.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    GritsandSlu-Congratulations on your 7lb loss, thats great you got a handle on losing before you reached 200, I was there for longer than I should have been. I am glad you found a plan that is working for you, and it sounds like you are really trying to pre plan with 1 serving proteins and also eating slower. I bake my fries too, I dont deep fry in grease, and if I use oil its alittle olive oil. Good luck losing, I hope you reach your goal by end of the year. Janice