20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nancy a great loss woopie do
    Maybe I also need to try the vinegar fpr water weight. Seems it help you to h Nancy I have heard of it before. I used to work with a girl and she would go to her locker and take a Whig before lunch. I guess it work for her for she never gain any weight. She also crave raw hamburger meat,ugh.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Nancy...whoohoo! So wonderful! And you were on vacation a week or so ago!!

Good news from doc..numbers in normal range and next appointment in 6 months! :lol:

I have referral for an orthopedist to check out knee discomfort/thigh pain to make sure it's no more than muscle knots. I do have arthritis in that knee, though. (Sigh)

Anyway..I cannot complain..life is good!

Connie (*)
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Nancy--How exciting to see that loss; you're doing great!

Connie, great news about your normal test range. Hope you get a good report on your knee, too!

Seems like the sunshine has given everyone a boost and bringing good results to all. Hope we all end up with great Easter numbers! Good luck in these last couple of weeks! :)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the whoohoo's!!

Marie, Glad that I don't crave raw hamburger meat!!!Haha. I do the Braggs ACV every once in a while. It has helped my indigestion in the past but since being on 1:1:1 I have had no problem with that.

Connie, So happy for your good report. Hope you get good news on your knee/thigh condition.
    Yes life is good, God is good. I see so many people my age that have so many problems,
    just thankful I feel good.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-nice job getting your numbers down, you are really making an impact on your health.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :D I have had the same breakfast every morning for years. It helps me because I never have to think about what to fix and I know that what I'm getting is good for me. My morning routine includes dog walking, spiritual reading, and reading some on MFP and the routine never varies so I don't waste time with decision making.

<3 Barbie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    That's a good ideal Barbie never look at it that way Are you still usin the little machine to mis it in./ magic bullet.?
    marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello. Although I've been logging in my food. I haven't been reading the posts here for a few weeks and I have to say it makes a difference. I put two lbs. back on due to stress and wrong food choices. Any reading everyone's posts is very encouraging and I'm back on track.
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So glad you are back Sunnyfarm. we missed you. Gotta get those couple of lbs back off
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Sunny.. I find that coming here first thing in the morning and throughout the day helps keep me focused. I am addicted to the site and this thread! <3 Maybe that will help you, too. We are here for you.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you. Marie and Connie. I wish there was a like button for post. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :D Marie, yes, I'm using the Magic Bullet blender....I use two rounded scoops of Isagenix chocolate shake powder, six ounces of water, an ounce of walnuts, two TBS of flax seeds, and ice cubes and blend it til it's smooth. The whole thing is about 600 calories but by the time I've made my breakfast, I've already walked dogs for 30-45 minutes and right after breakfast I go out for another two hours of dog walking.

smiley-happy110.gif Barbie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Sunny.. I find that coming here first thing in the morning and throughout the day helps keep me focused. I am addicted to the site and this thread! <3 Maybe that will help you, too. We are here for you.
    I do the same thing!

I love seeing all the positives happening for everyone, it makes me happy to know everything's going well for you all. :)
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really need to get some good smoothie recipes! A friend got me a magic bullet for Christmas (which is amazing) but I'm not getting as much use from it as I like. I'm continuing to work towards a vegan diet but it's hard work!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday! The weather has taken a turn for the sunny here so I'm looking forward to going for a run tonight!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Barbie..the shake sounds filling and nutritional..and I bet your dogs are fit and healthy as well. I have a small dog, and his short legs can only handle one walk a day.

Sparkle..good to hear from you. Hope the weather will last for your run.

Clouds today but warm temps. Gym day for me then errands.

I hope everyone has a productive and mindful day!
    Stay strong!
    <3 Connie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »

Jordan, I have been wanting to try the Zumba class at Curves, but I'm so afraid because of my Achilles tendinitis - it has been feeling better, but for two years I have babied it and so feel hesitant to move in extreme ways. It's a catch-22, because I know it would help me overall.

Belinda

One great thing about zumba is you can modify it to your needs. you dint need to jump around like everyone else is the are traveling while jumping just walk and cross your legs as you do it our something fun! Talk to the instructor abd see if she had any suggestions on which moves to avoid or modification suggestions! I believe you'll do great and I think you'll have fun!

Jordan
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love coming Herr and seeing all the inspiration. Definitely keeps me going where in the past I have long quit by now.

Nancy great job with your numbers! Keep up the great work

Today is suppose to be stormy so buckling down for that. Super to get sine really high winds.

It's weigh in day for me and despite zumba the last two nights and fruit water (at least three liters a day) I have an overall week gain of a pound. I'm going it's just water weight and that it'll go away.I had cucumber water yesterday which is suppose to help with bloating. I do feel a lot better though and like I Ann a bit smoother and thinner than before the water. I also started applying lotion all over after showers to help prevent lose skin as I'm losing shrift abd my skin feels healthier all around. I'm going the gain is just water weight or maybe even a littLe muscle :) either way not going to let it get me down.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I've decided to eat most of my exercise calories today, something I've never done before. Tomorrow will be back to normal. I think I'm going to go a few days without weighing. The scale has become too common I think.
    I don't like admitting it, but I think I'm feeling down because my in-laws didn't notice any difference. I know that sounds stupid, but it is what it is. It makes it feel like you still look just as bad as before. It's funny, the lady that works in our apt. office noticed I'd lost weight, but my in-laws didn't. I think if they did notice, they just didn't say anything because they assume I'll just gain it all back again. I lost weight once before a while back and they noticed, and then I gained it back over time. I'd just like to hibernate inside until I've lost all my weight so I don't have to worry about these things. :P
    Looking forward to a better feeling day tomorrow!

-Rachel

I had similar experience - at about 30-35 pound loss friends, my brothers and people I work with all commented on how good I was looking. My in-laws never said a word - in front of me anyway - but they are the type of people who like to talk behind everyone's back. My MIL did say something a couple of weeks ago and then on only kept asking me if I was sick. I told her I wasn't sick as had been working on it for 6 months.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i agree about this being such a positive pace to come first thing in the morning!!

Nancy great loss!!

Kenea, do not worry about the gain! I've been up this week as well, I'm sure it is water weight as it is that time of the month!!

have a great day everyone!!

Stephanie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone! I agree that this is a sunshine-y place to come each morning.

Connie, you always have a cheerful opener for us! I like your positive attitude. :)

I was surprised to see a 1.4 lb gain this morning. Actually I had expected a little loss...
    But I won't let the scale get me down, and will keep on going. Probably like everybody else, it's water weight and will disappear soon.

Onward to good health!

Ellen