20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Nancy.I always said I did not need all this fat for I have plenty of my own fat don't need any extra. I believe what Barbie said We have to adjust our diets to suit our own bodies II think I will look up the AO diet that a girl sent me. I think it is 1 T. of salad dressing at night. ithink 1 t per meal is enouht.But I still like the 1-1-1- plan for it gives me a guideline.

I look up the AO diet and it ialmost identical to the 1-1-1 and it does called for 1 T fat. at each meal or salad dressing.
    Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think the 1:1:1 plan is up to 1tbsp. you definitely can eat less. so nancy and marie, all good with a smaller amount:)

Stephanie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning Connie and Marie.

Congratulations Faye. My parents both started riding bikes. They also changed their diets and lost a lot of wright.

I'm glad you had a good time Barbie.

Englishmermaid your doing great. Congratulations! If you didn't already know we were doing another challenge after this one 20 lbs. by 4th of July.

Have a great day everyone! <3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    I think the 1:1:1 plan is up to 1tbsp. you definitely can eat less. so nancy and marie, all good with a smaller amount:)

Stephanie
    As you all can tell I am down in the dumps today. ok off of my rant for today sorry.
    I'm in, only just started on March 11 though

Starting Weight: 256lbs
    Current Weight: 248lbs
    Mini Goal: 236lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 150lbs
    You are very welcomeEnglishmermaid. Just jump right in. We will have another challenge to followup with the Easter one.So just stick with us. The 4th of july will start April6. in the mean time post on the Easter challenge.
    marie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Marie, I hope your day gets better. <3
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Keenea-so glad the tornado didnt hit your area,
    Englishmermaid - congrats on your 8lb loss,
    Slw19-have fun on skiing trip, just getting away with family will be nice, thanks for birthday greeting.

Weighed today down .2, my results for challenge arent as good as my last one, but still working on it
    Sw 234.4
    SChallenge W 189.0
    Cw 182.0
    A total of 7lbs for challenge, total 52.4lbs lost. It has been a rough couple months with the evil scale, it has been up and down, alot, hopefully it keep heading down.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Marie, I hope your day gets better. <3

Thanks sweetie. I just felt degusted with myself evey once in a while. I am fine now.because I am not losing as fast as I wont too.
    maie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I feel the same way some days, Marie. (yesterday was hard)
    But your words many pages back say that we have to "finish the fight" and " never give up" so that's what we have to do, friend. <3
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I feel the same sometimes. u get down on myself when I haven't done as well as I could have our aren't getting the results I wanted. I just have to keep reminding nestle that the worse thing I can do us give up. Got to keep chugging and eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) the results will come.

Jordan
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Connie that is what I intend to do. Finish this fight..i willl never give up. I am mostley disgusted with myself. for not losing any faster than I am. But I am still losing gaining and losing it again.I know with my congested hearth failure I will always have poblems.
    marie
    Thanks
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think we all get disgusted at some point on our weight loss journey but the difference on this journey
    is my new found friends that I truly love hanging out with. They don't criticize when our weight loss is slow
    or fast and are there to cheer you on when you feel down.

Connie and Marie you have been my inspiration since day one for me. I so enjoy what you post everyday.
    You have stayed the course even when the going is rough and still daily give us support and encouragement.
    I just say to both of you that this too will pass and you will will get over this rough spot soon
    and the scales will be more favorable. Love both of you.

I in no way want to minimize what all of you mean to me on this thread but Connie and Marie embraced me
    the first time I posted on this thread and I was at a place I felt rather hopeless as far as losing weight.

Nancy <3
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Marie, I definitely understand. I was really down on myself last week, and it wasn't the first time. It just goes to show how this is a mental battle as well. We are all our toughest critics. Luckily these days pass.
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Awww, Nancy...that is so sweet :).
    You are so right..hanging out here is so encouraging because here are people who "get you" and what you are trying to do. There is no way I could explain this camaraderie to "regular" people who are not a part of this community. <3
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love this Easter parade we have going on here. I had no ideal . I would meet such wonderful people here.So waiting for our tally weight in it ought to be a [/ A whoopee
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky where are you / miss you dear!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I know tomorrow is my weigh in and I am hoping for a loss, but I will continue on the next challenge and I had a week's vacation weight to deal with but will take it off sooner or later.
    We can do this with each other's support! Fantastic group!

Just one thing when we do have movie popcorn at the movies, my husband and I share it and definitely have no butter. The salt is enough to deal with later on. :p

Marie - Sorry you are down in the dumps. When we have health related issues taking weight off can be difficult. You are sticking to your plan so you will eventually see results.
    Another challenge is coming up to do better. I am looking forward to it, keeps me accountable.

Nancy - I agree this is a great group for support and no judgment. We are all in this together!!

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shirley..my hubs and I share it, too, with no butter. I just drink more water than usual the entire day to flush it out! In fact, all this talk of movie popcorn makes me want to go to the movie! :) I normally pop corn in a brown paper bag in the microwave...no salt to worry about!

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - try microwaving in a plain paper bag, just add oil. No preservatives.

Shirley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Marie, I'm sure that movie popcorn has too much sodium for Jake, but I'm impressed that he got the small instead of the larger ones that he used to get. I don't know much about fat except that I stay away from salad dressing and only occasionally cook something in olive oil.

:D Anyone who is still posting is a winner because it says that you're still aiming for your goal of weight loss.

:D My choice of food is governed by health so I choose foods with high nutrition and stay away from foods that don't contribute to better health.

<3 Barbie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Today has definitely been a *kitten* day. That means sure happy it's Thursday. I crashed today. I swam laps for an hour and then walked against the current in the current pool for an hour this morning. I'm not sure if it was the sinus infection or the less than 1200 calories I've been eating every day or a combination of both but I felt so tired that I laid down for a nap at 1:00. I didn't get out of bed until 4:15 when dinner was ready. I do have a Drs appt tomorrow for an antibiotic. I've only been fighting this sinus crap since the end of January. I hate flying. This happens every time I fly. Sorry. My turn to vent. The scale has been changing in my case but not my health. Ugh.

Esther