Options

Replies

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    That's what a had Shirley for Breakfast and lunch. tonigh a regular meal with Protein, Fat carbs and vegies
    Marie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well I am not going to make 20lbs by Easter, but I think if I can work really hard I can do 18. That will be about two pounds a week for the next two weeks.

I am trying fruit infused water and living it! Is taste and refreshing and asset one day I am feeling like I have more energy. Maybe that's just cause I'm drinking more water in general because of it.

I also bought some things for smoothies. Planning on doing smoothies for most breakfasts and seeing how that goes.

Buckling down for these last two weeks and then powering on to the next challenge. Good luck to everyone in these last two weeks.

Jordan
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others. Don't expect people to notice. My mom just Saturday asked me where I had lost the weight from because she can't tell. So I "shook the rocks" out if my head and told her that's where the weight loss came from. But when my husband came home today after being gone for 14 days he noticed it right away. He is amazed at my progress
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley. How do you make your yogurt parfait> I tried to look it up in the south beach diet but did not have any luck.

Want to warn you guys on posting . don't give out any information for there scrams out therejust waiting on you. We got a phone called today and someone said he was our grandson and was in jail claim he was with kid and they had an accident and the police search the car and found rugs He need some bail money My husband answer the phone. I think I would have recognized his voice of not being my grandson,. jerry told him we did not have that kind of money. I got on the phone to my grandson sister and she found her brother at work So was never in an accidents' be careful of giving out information.

Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow, they get pretty creative with those scams.
  • rayw89
    Options
    I agree with all the others. Don't expect people to notice. My mom just Saturday asked me where I had lost the weight from because she can't tell. So I "shook the rocks" out if my head and told her that's where the weight loss came from. But when my husband came home today after being gone for 14 days he noticed it right away. He is amazed at my progress
    I'm glad your husband noticed! I think that's probably the "most important" person to want to notice. :)
  • rayw89
    Options
    Jordan, you can do it! I'm hoping 5 lbs. magically fall away by Easter.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I had my email hacked. My friends got emails saying I was in London and had my purse stolen and I needed money. Luckily all my friends knew me so well that they knew I would not go overseas without telling them and they also know I don't carry a purse. If it doesn't fit in my pockets it isn't worth taking with me. So nobody fell for it. Needless to say I had to get a new email address. But some scammer went broke on me
  • rayw89
    Options
    Well today I accidentally took the day-off from the gym advice. My mom called, so 1 hour and 37 minutes later, my gym slot had been filled, haha. It's ok, I think my knees needed a break. They've been sore/uncomfortable the last few days. I stuck to my calories and really, that's the biggest thing in weight loss. I'm looking forward to the gym tomorrow though! :) And I'm not going to weigh myself until Friday, and I might do the same thing for next week as far as weighing in. When it's time to weigh in for Easter though, I'm going to weigh myself on Sunday before I go eat, because I plan on enjoying myself that day, and I know Monday will show those results. :p
  • shivangnip
    Options
    I want to join in
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Shivangnip..Welcome!

Ray..Your knees are trying to tell you something..listen carefully.You are so right..weight loss begins in the kitchen, not in the gym. I had to increase rest time and eat half my exercise calories to get going again. :D

Marie..so glad you guys knew it was a scam..people will do anything.

Today is going to be warm and sunny B)!

I have an early doctor's appointment this morning..routine checkup. Usually it's 6 months, but because I had gained weight last time (Dec) and my cholesterol number was slightly elevated, he wanted me back in 3 months. So...there's my confirmation..because it is written down, he will definitely notice the change in weight and numbers. ;)

Have a great day!

Stay strong, challengers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shivangnip..Welcome I see this is your first post on MFP. You will love it here lad you found us post often we would like to get to know you better oood morning all of the regular's you all have mad this a delightful place to hang outgoing to thee grocer store today the reason we go so much we foget a lots of things.
    Love to all
    Marie
    +
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Good luck with the doctor. My apts are every 3 months because I had some issues. Got rid of one issue now working the cholesterol and blood pressure.
    -
    Its 22F but will be 40 F today so I will take my walk even though its cold. We just can't get our temperatures up to normal range. Really hinders my outside exercise.

Nothing special planned today but will be mindful and track my food and work on getting that scale down.

Welcome Shiangnip to the group.

Shirley

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Jordan, you can do it! I'm hoping 5 lbs. magically fall away by Easter.

I think I can too! Stay strong abd if you work hard you well see those five pounds melt off!

I am living this fruit water. today I'm doing cucumber water to help get rid of blaring because I think I am holding some water weight.

Zumba and pilates last night was great! Zumba again tonight after class. I'm noticing that I can keep up so much easier than when I started! So excited.

Jordan
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jordan - The more you do the better it gets and easier. I am finding that with Yoga now.

I will be doing a Yoga Retreat this July with my daughter, who is a Yoga instructor. I am so excited and so is she. A nice mother daughter get away.

Marie - i forgot to tell you what what was in yogurt parfait. I use the following:

1 cup Greek Yogurt - 0% fat
    1/2 cup bran flakes
    strawberries as many as you want to add or other fruit.
    You can add some ground walnuts
    A little Agave syrup for sweetness

You layer it and it is called Sunrise parfait ( South Beach)

Enjoy!

Shirley

• beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Connie, hope your doctor was proud of you (we are!)! Shivangnip, welcome to our group! Can you post your first name, please?

Jordan, I have been wanting to try the Zumba class at Curves, but I'm so afraid because of my Achilles tendinitis - it has been feeling better, but for two years I have babied it and so feel hesitant to move in extreme ways. It's a catch-22, because I know it would help me overall. Sigh!

Esther, you fooled them! I happened to get that same email about a friend of mine being in London and having his wallet stolen, but he LIVES in London, and I know his way of "speaking" in an email - it was totally different from the construction in the email. It's terrible that people spend so much time and effort to do something destructive, when they could so easily be a constructive member of society.

Rachel, I am going to weigh on Easter Sunday as well! We are going to be away Friday/Saturday before, so I am going to have to be really careful with meals on the road :D

Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy Tuesday!

Belinda
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    had a very nice breakfast. Greek yogurt with pineaplle chopped pecans and a drizzle of Walden's sugar free syrup. if I a had a little banana in it I would have felt like I was having a banana spilt. What a treat for breakfast.
    PS Connie hope all goes well with your Dr. appt.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Morning to all.

Welcome Shivangnap. You will love this group.

WhooHoo. Weigh in this morning down 1.3 lbs. My best weigh in since my first week.
    I was so excited to see those numbers. I work hard but usually see much smaller numbers.
    I did increase the intensity on bike and calories were down unintentionally because I
    changed my breakfast menu and it is about 100 cals less. I also sipped on water with a T of Braggs
    Apple Cider Vinegar everyday for about a week to help water weight???
    Stats:
    SW: 149
    CW: 142.5
    GW: 125

Connie, I bet your Doctor is going to do a double take. I thinks your numbers will be
    much better.

Marie, So glad you are enjoying your breakfast menu.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Nancy- congratulations on your weight loss. You changed things up and it showed on the scale. You have just a few pounds and you'll be in 130's, way to go