20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    nancy I have not seen any ads in the message box yet.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes..... Please somebody put me out of my misery......it was 50+ outside today and beautiful sunny so I went out to my yard. I finally had enough courage to dig up a failing flower bed. I dug a 12 foot long by 2 foot wide by 2 foot deep trench. ( I was smart and had the teenagers haul the dirt away) and then I laid out landscape cloth to keep weeds away better and filled the hole with 7 bags of dirt. Afterwards o replanted my few flowers back into the bed and added mulch. I think I will be popping a few pain pills tonight.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I've decided to eat most of my exercise calories today, something I've never done before. Tomorrow will be back to normal. I think I'm going to go a few days without weighing. The scale has become too common I think.
    I don't like admitting it, but I think I'm feeling down because my in-laws didn't notice any difference. I know that sounds stupid, but it is what it is. It makes it feel like you still look just as bad as before. It's funny, the lady that works in our apt. office noticed I'd lost weight, but my in-laws didn't. I think if they did notice, they just didn't say anything because they assume I'll just gain it all back again. I lost weight once before a while back and they noticed, and then I gained it back over time. I'd just like to hibernate inside until I've lost all my weight so I don't have to worry about these things. :P
    Looking forward to a better feeling day tomorrow!

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Ray-I have had the same thing happen to me, I at the last time I seen them (the whole family on my husbands side) for Thanksgiving, nobody said a thing about my weight loss and at that time it was almost 50lbs. We're not very close and it reminds me why we arent around them very much. Dont let them make you feel bad, you know how good you have done. Be your on cheerleader, or let us.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Seeahtter-I hope you are okay after all your hard work, but doesn't it feel good to accomplish, way to go.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Thanks Janice. It feels great to have finally gotten that done after wanting to do it for 2 years. Last year was way to rainy to get it done. But on the other hand I don't feel so hot. I'm hurting pretty badly. I will be fine tomorrow after I am able to get back into the swimming pool and work my legs in "weightlessness ".
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Connie for the lovely message checking up on me! <3 I've been having a crazy few weeks at work since I moved positions to something I'm much happier with. Weight loss to a bit of a nose dive with being so busy but it's back on the bike now and back to work!!

I hope everyone is doing great today! Happy Monday!!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, LOSERS! Happy Monday!

We are heading into our last two weeks of the challenge. Two weeks from today, Monday, April 6, we will post our total pounds lost, I will add them up, and post the total on our new 20 pounds by4th of July challenge thread!

Barbie..good to "see" you!
    SeeAhtter..good job! Although you are sore, this, too,shall pass.
    Sparkle..welcome back! We missed you!
    Ray..I cannot depend on others for encouragement or understanding; that's why I come here every chance I get. We are here for you, kiddo. <3 We are your biggest (no pun intended) ;) fans!

Have a super Monday, all!
    Stay strong!
    <3 Connie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Ray---in-laws/family members are notorious for ignoring the obvious and picking at the obscure. Don't dwell on their failure to commend you for your weight loss success and beauty. You know what's true, and so do we! Let the truth bring you joy! <3
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only just have a minute to write, as I took all my time catching up, but just want to say I love you all, and am so proud of you! What a supportive, happy group we are, and I hope we all continue with the 4th of July challenge. You're just the best!

Belinda
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    thanks Barbie for the info regarding cheat days. I peeked at your diary and understand that you are on isogenix, I have had a couple of friends who do that plan. glad it has worked for you!!

Rachel, I am so sorry you feel badly. please do not let your in laws approval define you because this is your journey and you are doing this to make yourself feel good!! we believe in you and you are doing awesome. I do think you should allow yourself a treat every now and again. it is important to deviate from plan so we do not get into a situation where we feel we "can't" deviate or we binge eat because we have been deprived.

I did have my cheat day yesterday. can't say it was a great cheat but I had waffle fries and a mm's. I am two lbs up this morning but ok with that and don't feel guilty!! I guess that is the goal. today back on track and off to the gym!! have a good Monday:)

Stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you had a good weekend.

Rachel, We are here to cheer you on. You are doing so good and this group is here for you.
    People so often disappoint us but let the joy within you about your weight loss override the
    negative from the outside.

Hope this will be a good week with a lot of losses coming in.

Ready to get my exercise going.

Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :D If I had waited for encouragement and praise from family and people around me, I would never have continued my weight loss journey. I cheered for myself and connected with supportive friends on MFP and that's where I got my encouragement. After I had lost 50 pounds I went to a gathering where I saw many friends I hadn't seen since before I lost the weight. The only one who commented at all about my appearance asked me if I had changed my hairstyle.

:D This thread is the place to come to get the needed push to keep going.

<3 Barbie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie...where are you???
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Stephhanie, Glad you got your cheat day out of the way for this week. Look like youe did well if you kept them to a serving size. I think that is the key.

m.gifo.gifd.gife.gifr.gifa.gift.gifi.gifo.gifn.gifs.gif

I am back on the 1-1-1- plan no more accelerated plan for me unless I just want to. I like the freedom of 1-1-1-. Maybe slower in losing but it is on the right track and I am not running no race.. I am tryin something new this week just having greek yogurt, fruit and chopped pecans for Breakfast and lunch Night time protein,cabrs and veggies. The same as a smoothie only in a bowl.Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie I am here I posted but lost it and never went back to redo it. ha to make a run to the store to pick up a few items.
    I am back on the 1-1-1- plan. however this week I am going to have 1/2 c yogurt,1/2 c fruit and 1 T. chopped pecans or other nuts. May even try those chia seeds.
    I have a small pkg a friend sent me. She is always sending me things to help my diet along

Whoops it is about Yogurt time for me..
    Marie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    I do think you should allow yourself a treat every now and again. it is important to deviate from plan so we do not get into a situation where we feel we "can't" deviate or we binge eat because we have been deprived.

Stephanie

I make sure to fit treats into my calorie cap. Somehow I managed to fit a bunch of Cadbury creme eggs into my calories a week ago. They were so good. <3

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I'm so glad I'm a part of this group. I feel like this is what keeps me on track to goal. :)

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope it's a great one! (*)

-Rachel
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    SW 266
    Started Challenge at 239
    CW 210
    GW 219
    I am 10 pounds away from my first personal goal. Unfortunately I won't make it by my goal date of March 29 but at least it is within sight. I never really thought I would get this far.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    You are doing great Misscaligreen You have every reason to be proud of your self. fantastic weight loss.
    Keep up the good work.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just lost my post and after some yelling I am back. I had a nice long post too.

Ray - Just wanted to say be your own cheerleader. I have to agree with the group don't listen
    - to other people, family or friends. Just listen to you and your lose clothing and healthier lifestyle. This is the support group and that's all we need.

Marie - Glad to see you are back on 111 and successful at it. I had a yogurt parfait for breakfast this morning and then off to Yoga Class.

Misscaligreen - Fastantic loss!! You should be proud.

I had a busy weekend with company and dinners for my DH's retirement. His last day will
    be next Tuesday. I got on the scale and did gain a pound so my goal this week will be
    to take off 2 lbs. Not much time left for this challenge but i will be joining the next one for
    July. I won't make my goal but it won't stop me from continuing my journey.

Shirley