A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I also miss @herrspoons.

Aww, his posts were awesome! Where'd he go?

The ban hit him :(

What in the actual *kitten*?

tumblr_inline_nntdl9Ella1rqgghx_500.gif

sorry.gif

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Good, then I have more to add :)

@MrM27 Because he's the one who taught me all about moderation - I asked for help and he was literally the only one who took the time to talk my issue out and help me figure out a solution. I credit many of my 82 pounds lost to him.

@arditarose Because she's really strong and determined and helpful

@lemurcat12 Always has sound, sensible advice

@diannethegeek She's so incredibly helpful to everyone.

@MamaPeach30 She's just an amazing person in general

@Liftng4Lis She's awesome and funny and a good friend

@cwolfman13 Also really helpful and funny and sensible

Aw, thanks! I don't know if I'm helpful so much as just here all the time.

epic-hugs-cat-dot.gif

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The forums certainly aren't perfect but many informative posters helped steer me away from stressing over my carbs not being "low enough" and "avoiding temptation". I've had a lot more fun at family events and such thanks to you guys. :smile:

I don't think she's been mentioned, but I'd like to add @ana3067
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned SLLrunner. I probably missed it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    I started MFP on 1200 calories, eating frozen healthy choice meals for dinner every night! my first post included the phrase " I thought we were here to support people! You guys are soooo mean!" Omg I'm so embarrassed :# but I started lurking the forums and I learned so much. No more nasty healthy choice for me! So I completely agree to the list!

I have noticed that a lot of the "meanies" are here. ;)

This is quite a different thread than one happening in the Motivation and Support forum right now.

For my part, again, you have given me the ability to roll my eyes and judge people who say dumb things IRL by imparting your knowledge. And judging people silently is one of my favorite things to do. :open_mouth:

I remember the first time someone posted I was mean...my response was "finally...yes!!!!!!!!!!"
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I agree!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

wow thank you that's an amazing list to be included with.
    galerie-14-nejdojemnejsich-a-nejkrasnejsich-kocicich-objeti7.jpg

So many helped me I can't list them all but here's a few:
    @LolBroScience
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @isulo_kura
    @_SammieGirl_
    @CallMeCupcakeDammit
    @randomtai
    @MrM27
    @downsizinghoss
    @usmcmp

If you're on my FL you deserve to be in this list and I thank you for all your love and support

YAY I am noticed! <3 You GiveMeCoffee... You are my baking inspiration.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I started MFP on 1200 calories, eating frozen healthy choice meals for dinner every night! my first post included the phrase " I thought we were here to support people! You guys are soooo mean!" Omg I'm so embarrassed :# but I started lurking the forums and I learned so much. No more nasty healthy choice for me! So I completely agree to the list!

This is quite a different thread than one happening in the Motivation and Support forum right now.

For my part, again, you have given me the ability to roll my eyes and judge people who say dumb things IRL by imparting your knowledge. And judging people silently is one of my favorite things to do. :open_mouth:

I remember the first time someone posted I was mean...my response was "finally...yes!!!!!!!!!!"

So true! I was all excited that I could tell a couple people on this list that I received my first warning. Felt like I was starting to belong. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

So true! I was all excited that I could tell a couple people on this list that I received my first warning. Felt like I was starting to belong. :)

I guess I haven't earned my spot yet lol. :cry:
    I'm finally getting brave enough to add some of you as friends lol.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    A few names I don't recognize (I joined in November 2014); but, the vast majority of people mentioned? A big thank you from me too!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I rarely post in these types of threads, because I'm afraid of missing important people. I give a solid nod to all those mentioned. Some of my key inspirations include:
    @Sarauk2sf , @ihad , @downsizinghoss, @EvgeniZyntx

former (deacto or inactive) loves
    @yoovie , @dontstopbleaking, @Burt_Huttz (he's still here, but just way busy)

I wouldn't be where I am without the other half of TEAM BADASS - @BadAssBeast76
    And my best friend @schmetterling1

more nods to:
    @mustgetmuscles1
    @JoRocka
    @usmcmp
    @asflatasapancake
    @Hornsby
    @CyberEd312

Really, there are so many awesome people here, too many to list.

Woohoo! Thanks! ;)

You're welcome!

#Tricepavatarbuddies
    *fist bump*
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »

I agree!

Cosign and tag @SLLRunner
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking since I came back here in March and only just started getting brave enough to start posting.
    I enjoy reading everyone's posts, I find a lot even entertaining at times! I find myself laughing at some(in a good way). :) I also lurked here back in 2013, but never got up the nerve to post. I think that actually posting and reading will help keep me on track this time!

@MrM27
    @rabbitjb
    @ndj1979
    @mamapeach910
    @lemurcat12
    @Sarasmaintaining
    @Sarauk2sf
    @usmcmp

Those are people I always look out for in posts! They know what they are talking about! :) There are more I'm sure. But those are the ones I can think of right now.

Aw, thanks :)

You're welcome. :) Your story is very inspiring. :) I started out low carb, but between you and others I finally got the nerve to eat what I like, and I found it working just as good and now I can eat spaghetti! LOL
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    About half way through my weight loss I decided to get on the forums, I started out doing 1200 cals or lower, couldn't take it anymore, so started reading on the forums about TDEE, using food scale, etc......and then I got interested in lifting and read more listen to what the "old timers" ;) were saying, etc.

So I want to thank you all!! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Awwwwww mod love

will there be mod babies?

I know of at least one mod having a baby!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    h
    @mrm27...dude you know your stuff and you ain't afraid to say it

I also miss @herrspoons.

02-forthehomies.gif

pour-out-liquor-o.gif
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    @draznyth Just because you make me laugh so hard.

Yup.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    h
    @mrm27...dude you know your stuff and you ain't afraid to say it

I also miss @herrspoons.

02-forthehomies.gif

pour-out-liquor-o.gif

tumblr_n5uilf0PL51tnyusoo1_500.gif
  • IndigoSpider
    IndigoSpider Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm new (only started in January) but I know the success I've had so far is because of ALL the "meanies" listed here! Once I started lurking in the forums and reading all the "blunt" answers correcting so many of the wrong ideas I was still caring around in my head from (way too many) years of dieting, it all became simple. So, just one more thank you to everyone listed already and a few I'm sure I've yet to encounter *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.