Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

Beautiful name! However, since I can't seem to even pronounce it in my head you will always be Lily Flower to me! So pretty!
    You'll always be Susie to me!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I went looking for my first Confession yesterday, too. I got 33 pages in. Couldn't find it. Don't remember what it was.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I went looking for my first Confession yesterday, too. I got 33 pages in. Couldn't find it. Don't remember what it was.
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute food addict (yummy foods, of course haha). I obsess over it. If it is in my home I do not stop until it is gone. I feel completely out of control once I start eating something (bag of chips, etc). It is best if I literally treat it the way an alcoholic would treat alcohol... JUST STAY CLEAR!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

No! Fess up!

ETA: Late to the party again! Your name is gorgeous, Sawsan!

Your name is beautiful, Sawsan!

I've got the quintessential 90s kid name (Stephanie), which is one of many reasons my kid has a relatively different (but not "weird") name. I went by my middle name (Rene-pronounced Renee', and I spelled it like normal) most of my childhood and teen years. I didn't want to embrace my name(s), until I was an adult, which looking back was pretty stupid.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I was late to that party. I'm Laura

I was just a lurker back then...mine is a bit obvious because of my user name...but I'm Kelly. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I got panicky when I couldn't get into this thread .I kept getting an error message every time I clicked on it
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the replies @BZAH10 , @ythannah , @riderfangal , @spacequiztime , @LBuehrle8 , @Tubbs216 , @MoHousdon & @kecmw25

I'm thinking I'll tell her I'm busy with renovations on my new place - which is true! If I'm going to be renting it out I only have a couple weeks to get it ready. Maybe I'll buy lunch/supper as was suggested to help out.

kecmw25 If she was pregnant and on her own I would definitely help out. But since they will have several able-bodied people around I don't really feel like it's necessary for me to be there. Maybe I'll help out for an hour or two that morning then head over to my own place to work.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Oh look, triple posts. Sigh, I guess I just needed to make my point lol.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My whole firm is doing a 5k at the end of the month and I HATE CARDIO. But I might do it for the "team building opportunity". I'm weighing my options here. Pros: team building exercise, opportunity to whup co-workers' butts at running. Cons: I HATE CARDIO, $65 sign up fee, I HATE CARDIO.

Also, I'm Erin. I don't like my name because there are no nicknames for it. :disappointed:
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

No! Fess up!

I've got the quintessential 90s kid name (Stephanie), which is one of many reasons my kid has a relatively different (but not "weird") name. I went by my middle name (Rene-pronounced Renee', and I spelled it like normal) most of my childhood and teen years. I didn't want to embrace my name(s), until I was an adult, which looking back was pretty stupid.

I think I missed the name section too somehow. Anyway, I have a very popular 80's name, so I can relate. My name is Amber.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

No! Fess up!

I think I missed the name section too somehow. Anyway, I have a very popular 80's name, so I can relate. My name is Amber.

Another 80s child checking in with a super common name. It's one of those "Ashley-Jennifer-Jessica-Amber" names that every kid in my class had and that hardly any one uses for kids now that they're all Madison/McKenzie or Olivia/Charlotte/Ava if they're younger.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My whole firm is doing a 5k at the end of the month and I HATE CARDIO. But I might do it for the "team building opportunity". I'm weighing my options here. Pros: team building exercise, opportunity to whup co-workers' butts at running. Cons: I HATE CARDIO, $65 sign up fee, I HATE CARDIO.

Also, I'm Erin. I don't like my name because there are no nicknames for it. :disappointed:

No real nicknames for Laura either - unless you go with Lori (which I don't). My name was very popular when I was a kid, 2nd grade had 3 Laura's and a Laurie. :neutral:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    And I should add that I married into a Polish -ski last name that sounds pretty funny with my clearly-of-another-ethnicity first name, so my name is pretty weird now because I'm not from either of those cultures anyway.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Pretty name!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

No! Fess up!

I've always liked the name Amber lol. I do know there were a lot of them when I was in school, just like Stephanies lol.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies @BZAH10 , @ythannah , @riderfangal , @spacequiztime , @LBuehrle8 , @Tubbs216 , @MoHousdon & @kecmw25

I'm thinking I'll tell her I'm busy with renovations on my new place - which is true! If I'm going to be renting it out I only have a couple weeks to get it ready. Maybe I'll buy lunch/supper as was suggested to help out.

kecmw25 If she was pregnant and on her own I would definitely help out. But since they will have several able-bodied people around I don't really feel like it's necessary for me to be there. Maybe I'll help out for an hour or two that morning then head over to my own place to work.

:) It sounds like she will have plenty of help.

ETA: If you have other things going on, which you do, definitely use it to get out of helping her move. Moving sucks!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

No! Fess up!

I've always liked the name Amber lol. I do know there were a lot of them when I was in school, just like Stephanies lol.

Thank you. I was always jealous of my sister, because she has a much less common name and didn't have to be 'first name, last initial' all through school. I guess now she is easier to google though.