3 Day Juice Cleanse.

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck haha.

Good luck, but I don't think making it through 3 whole days of just drinking juice for a "cleanse" is indicative of having good luck. Maybe you could try just reducing your calories and exercising instead?
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you are determined to lose weight by spending a day or two pissing out of your *kitten* why not just chug a bottle of magnesium citrate? Probably cheaper than some hoodoo cleanse.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    DINO1264 wrote: »
    If you are determined to lose weight by spending a day or two pissing out of your *kitten* why not just chug a bottle of magnesium citrate? Probably cheaper than some hoodoo cleanse.

I am offended that you would call my proven technique "hoodoo."
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I did the stomach flu cleanse last night. Worked wonders. I finally hit goal weight!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    DINO1264 wrote: »

I am offended that you would call my proven technique "hoodoo."
    Maybe he meant Hodor cleanse? Only eat foods from Game of Thrones?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord

Is it Friday yet?
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I did the stomach flu cleanse last night. Worked wonders. I finally hit goal weight!

Lol
  • jkwolly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Were you doing a lot of physical work on this trip? Was it hot? Humid? Did you eat some salty snacks? It's water weight. A cleanse will only work because you're literally excreting said water at an unhealthy rate.

For you to have gained 5lbs of fat you would've had to have eaten 3,500 calories (which is 1 lb of fat) x 5 (how many lbs you said you gained) + however much you burn at maintenance naturally (multiplied for two days).

For someone who burns around 2,000 calories in a day, this equals 21,500 calories.
    (3500 x 5) + (2000 x 2) = 21,500.

If you worked out at all (which I'm positive you did some serious burning if you were rafting), you'd have to add those calories to the total above.

Did you eat 21,500 or more calories this weekend? No? Then it's water. Do your body and your toilet a favor and let it come off naturally. It'll take about a week or so before 5lbs is totally gone.

The only cleansing tool you need for this to work: Plenty of water
    To the OP this is TL:DR

You are wasting your time. Next time post about wine cleanses
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Stock up on toilet paper and reading materials....
    Surprisingly you don't poop much! I know, I have done one....

shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame :hushed:
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Why are you guys trying to derail the thread with talk of hoodoo, wine, and influenza? OP is trying to get good information about cleansing and I, for one, am trying to help him! If you can't stay on topic, why don't you just move on?!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Were you doing a lot of physical work on this trip? Was it hot? Humid? Did you eat some salty snacks? It's water weight. A cleanse will only work because you're literally excreting said water at an unhealthy rate.

For you to have gained 5lbs of fat you would've had to have eaten 3,500 calories (which is 1 lb of fat) x 5 (how many lbs you said you gained) + however much you burn at maintenance naturally (multiplied for two days).

For someone who burns around 2,000 calories in a day, this equals 21,500 calories.

If you worked out at all (which I'm positive you did some serious burning if you were rafting), you'd have to add those calories to the total above.

Did you eat 21,500 or more calories this weekend? No? Then it's water. Do your body and your toilet a favor and let it come off naturally. It'll take about a week or so before 5lbs is totally gone.

True - but if I bookmark this thread, I can just copy and paste this into every other one of the 1,000 posts about cleanses (or people freaking out about fluke-ish weight gains). Quite convenient.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

In for the wine cleanse!

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used to do 3 day Jack Daniels cleanses years ago, it did help to cleanse my demons, but I tended to gain weight when from the additional jailhouse meals consumed and the big calories found in the extra helpings of humble pie I would inevitably eat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wine is kind of like juice, right?
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »

It's grown-up juice. It even comes in boxes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Does this juice cleanse work if I throw in some rum?

Or, how about I skip the juice, and just go with the rum?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

someecards-wine.png?w=303&h=212
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

It's grown-up juice. It even comes in boxes.

Well in that case sure, in college I did some three day juice cleanses.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    OP - I give up. These jokers are clearly not the supportive people MFP tries to engender within the forums. I hope you get the information you need. Like I said, if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. For the rest of you...

Deal with it.
    tactical-peeps.jpg