Lose 5 Pounds a Month May 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all!! Have been away for a little while, hoping to get my groove back.....have still been on here daily but just not feeling it like I was before....and with summer fast approaching, I need to get refocused QUICK!!! anywho, have only lost 1.5lbs this month....but atleast its not a gain.....heading out to my sons honor banquet then for a good old fashion, high calorie burning workout. I think its all the crappy weather we have been having lately (I think in the last 24 days we've had like 2 without rain..:sad: ) I don't know how people in Seattle live like this all the time????? Well, have a great day ladies and keep pushing yourselves!!
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great week, nice to see the scale moving after a couple weeks of little movement!

SW - 148.7 5/1
    Week 1 - 145.1 5/8 (lost 3.6 lbs)
    Week 2 - 145 (total lost 3.7 lbs) not a great week
    Week 3 - 143.5 (total lost 5.2 lbs) Made it w/a week to go.
    Week 4 -

GW - 135
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is tomorrow, but a sneak peek today tells me I'm down 2 lbs. Here's hoping for 3!!!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    (Actually, weigh in is Thursday. Jumping the gun a bit...)
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Stats...
    May 1: 187lbs
    May 7: 185.2

Loss of 1.8lbs so far:smile:

I missed posting my weigh in earlier this week! I am sorry everyone. I was down and out with a migraine for three days! Finally, I gave up and went in to get the shot in my bum!

STATS:
    May 1:187lbs
    May 3: 185.2lbs
    May 10: 183.2lbs

Total loss for the month 3.8lbs and counting!

Well, I had set myself up for disappointment on my weigh in day and was surprisingly happy to see another 1.8 lbs gone! I had thought with that awful migraine last week, that I would have for sure maintained or even gained! I am so happy!!!

STATS:
    May 17L 181.4lbs

Total loss for month is .... 5.6! So I made the five pound goal! Whoo Hoo!

Does that mean I am kicked out of the group? Because I would really like to lose at least another 1.4 lbs before my cruise on June 2.

I am done another 1.6 pounds this week! I officially made and passed my goal of being 180 by the time I leave for my cruise on June 2!

STATS:
    May 17 181.4lbs
    May 24 179.8

Total loss for month is .... 7.2! Whoo Hoo!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5/23: 149.4

Just a couple oz's this time!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    This month has been a blur. I am so glad so many of you are gong to meet or exceed the 5 pound mark. I can't remember the last time I did that so even though I am proud of you, I am also a tad bit jealous. But I know what I need to do, and its my own fault for not doing it.

On a positive note, I did get a 4 mile walk/run done Saturday before the insanity got started and I got a 1.5 mile walk in this morning before the first daycare kid walked in the door. It was also nice enough that I loaded the kids in the big stroller and walked around the block...have I mentioned our block is about .75 miles around. Not quite the 6.5 I had as a kid growing up in the country but still bigger that most city blocks I can think of.

For May the weather here is cool and that may be good because every time we go above 70 we seem to get severe storms in the area.

Are you planning ahead for this weekend? This is a long weekend and if you have picnics or get togethers do you know how you are going to maintain healthy eating and exercise. I am looking forward to a run all 3 mornings. Now I am off to do a weight lifting workout while the kids are napping.

Have a healthy day.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    PS. I will post a link to the June thread next week as we get closer to the end of May.
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SW: 158
    Week 1: 157.8
    Week 2: 156.8
    Week 3: 155.2
    Week 4:

Total Loss: 2.8 pounds

Slow and steady :) I most likely will not reach the 5 pound marker, but I am in fact loosing and that makes me really happy :)
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SW: 158
    Week 1: 157.8
    Week 2: 156.8
    Week 3: 155.2
    Week 4:

Total Loss: 2.8 pounds

Slow and steady :) I most likely will not reach the 5 pound marker, but I am in fact loosing and that makes me really happy :)
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This has not been a good month for me. I will def. not make 5 pounds! Weather has been terrible and I haven't been walking much. I seem to be at a plateau. I do need to get back to entering foods on my food plan so that I'm being more honest about the calories I consume.
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey,

I know there's only 1 week left of the month but I started Slim Fast today and am hoping to get a 3-5lb loss by the 1st June and would love to join the June challenge? Is it too late to join the May challenge now?

xxx

Here are my stats:

SW: June 2010- 17st 6lbs / 244lbs
    CW: May 2011- 15st 6lbs/ 216lbs___Down 2st / 28lbs so far!!
    Main Goal: 10st / 140lbs
    Height: 5' 8"
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    It is never to late to start. Welcome aboard!
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Thankyou, I have done quite good so far today.
    Have had 1 cafe latte shake and an apple, just about to have a banana shake. Also have just completed 45 mins of exercise.
    Feeling quite positive but don't we always when we start something new lol. As you can see by my sig that my weight is always up and down but am quite proud that I have managed to lose and keep off the 2st I have lost since June last year. :D
    Will we just keep going on this thread for the June challenge or will there be another thread.

x
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    May 3rd: 195.2 lbs
    May 10th: 190.4 lbs
    May 16th: 190.2 lbs
    May 25th: 191.6 lbs :ohwell:

I decided to change my ticker to reflect my gain....I miss seeing that 59 lost! I've been trying to hit 60 for so long, now maybe since I changed it I will get to change it again soon! :wink: I haven't ran in a week now & I've been SO hungry & eating & eating & eating....only going over my calories by a bit each day, but its really irking me! I changed my goals back down to 1 lb a week instead of 2 - maybe my body is really needing some more calories. Who knows...we'll see how this goes for a few weeks.

Congrats sophjakesmom & yvonnerab on getting to ONEDERLAND! :drinker:
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for May is 178.5. My goal is 173.5 by 5/31 :)

My weight loss has been very slow lately. So far I have only lost 2 pounds this month, putting me at 176.5. I am not sure if I will lose more by months end.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am done another 1.6 pounds this week! I officially made and passed my goal of being 180 by the time I leave for my cruise on June 2!

STATS:
    May 17 181.4lbs
    May 24 179.8

Total loss for month is .... 7.2! Whoo Hoo!

@ Rudolph32 - Nice work getting to 7.2lbs lost! Holy cow!!! Keep up the great efforts!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    omg I keep forgetting to weigh in but hopefully I will lose a pound or two building fence lol !!! : ) I start on monday
  • kellicrawford73
    kellicrawford73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll join the June challenge when it starts on the 1st. I love a weekly group weigh in to help keep me motivated and accountable for what I eat.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I decided to change my ticker to reflect my gain....I miss seeing that 59 lost!

Way to stay honest with yourself! I struggle with that every day when I don't stop to measure the number of chips I grab from the bag and just estimate. :ohwell: I know the ticker change is a bummer, but when you really hit that 60 lb mark, it will be so much sweeter because you know it isn't a number but an true reflection of how far you've come!! 57 lbs is an awesome weightloss! Great job!!:drinker: