From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Such kind words, it's much appreciated! :blush:
  • Mermaid_s
    Mermaid_s Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    crazy inspiring!!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Holy hotness, Batman! Amazing work!
  • wrealmusic
    wrealmusic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow great transformation. Keep up the good work!
  • rizmaeram
    rizmaeram Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is what I need!!! We have similar stats..i'm 5'4 and cw 202 just started to get really serious on losing weight this month still figuring out on what workouts I really like and i most of it are focus on strength training your story gave me hope. Thanks for sharing :)
  • jer1993
    jer1993 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) xx
  • DJ881116
    DJ881116 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great. I have 50 lbs to lose. I'm going to do more strength training now.. :)
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Really great!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have my 5lb dumb bells and will start with that. Yes, I found some exercises for beginners online. You're an inspiration to myself and many. Thanks again.
  • GenElizabeth
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks all!! I hope to see you guys succeed! Strength training is so rewarding, physically and mentally for me and it can be for you too. :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have my 5lb dumb bells and will start with that. Yes, I found some exercises for beginners online. You're an inspiration to myself and many. Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Nice! Good job on the research. That's how we get better, being proactive! I'm glad you found some inspiration here. Wishing the best to you and I am happy you are on board!! :smile:
  • iswaldon
    iswaldon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats and inspiring! I also hate cardio... so, it's nice to see such a nice weight loss and tone up from strength training alone.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Girl... look at that body. You own that shiz... Congratulations!
  • quinnyplh
    quinnyplh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing transformation inspiration to us all well done
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look so hot! Congrats!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys. :blush:

I've meet so many sweet and caring people since being on MFP and I attribute much of my success to the ladies I've been fortunate to know over this past year. :heart:

There are some bad apples out there though too that just can't be avoided but of course, that goes with anything. I'm learning how to recognize that earlier on now so I can make better decisions on who I spend my online time with.

Nothing zaps your motivation and drive worse than being around negativity, jealousy and/or falseness. It's OK to keep distance between yourself from people who want to see you fail or who can't stand seeing you happy when you are successful. At the same time though, we have to find balance, as to not wrongly judge or accuse someone. Sometimes it's as simple as having nothing in common also..

Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut though! Blessing of a woman's instinct. :wink:

Have a great hump day, MFPers!
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out with strength training. Can you recommend a good reliable source of well-rounded workout routines? I want to start out with good form and get into a weekly circuit I can stick to and is scalable at home.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Worded my last post a little odd, lol... It was too early!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!