WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lenora prayers for Micheal.

Good to see you back Sassy.

Janetr Thanks for the chuckle. My mom would like that one, too.

Taking somethings to Goodwill today and then will shop for clothes for my mom.

:heart: MNMargaret

Thank you Margaret; that is his Mother's name. Thanks to all that have been praying for my nephew, even if you did not post that. I know this 'family' of many are sending up prayers for him. He had surgery yesterday at Cedars Sinai. I guess some of his friends are looking out for him, until my sister can get out there. I don't know if she plans to go now, in the very near future, or when he is able to return with her to Miami. He's got a long, hard road ahead of him. Lots of PT. They've already told him that it will be 3 - 6 months before he is able to walk.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    [Grits, sending prayers for your nephew and hope for fast healing. I didn’t think MFP would set a daily calorie intake under 1200? You may have to contact tech help. Was this after adding exercise? That will up your calories for the day. That is why I wait and put in my exercise after I have completed my food for the day. Hummmm???
    Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Yes, it let me change it below 1200 calories; and today it went back to normal. Go figure. No, my calories intake is low (960) this is not taking into mind of exercise; I report that differently so that it does not 'eat back off my calories'. I'll just have to take it as a day that I fell down. I wait until after I have added my food, too. Still could kick myself for doing it. And know exactly what I did, and could not help it. LOL!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    I can't thank all of you who are praying for Michael; but, know that they are appreciated. :happy:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    It will take much patience on his and his family part. Not an easy task for a young man. Prayers for your whole family.

MNMargaret
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Gonna go out on a limb here....I've looked, and I've missed it obviously, but I'm curious as to what the "DD" "DH", "DS", etc. is about? I know it's probably shorthand, but specifically, what is it? I'm sure there is a post on it, but I can't find it and although I think I know what most of them stand for by the inference contained in the post, some of them I'm not quite getting. smiley-computer001.gif
    Went home yesterday quite proud of myself for refusing a donut not once, not twice, but THREE separate times. There was a rep here from a local credit union trying to drum up business. My office mates were steadily coming in and out, saying, "don't you want a donut?" The last time, I confess I got a little short. But only with my eyes. However, my eyes said enough, I'm afraid. smiley-angry006.gif
    I have to learn to be more patient with those who don't understand what a sugar addict I am.
    Hubs got his father's day gift early.....he wanted a combination gas and charcoal grill with a place to add a smoker later. We tried the gas side out last night with some steak/veggie skewers. I'm impressed. I now have my summer menu. Got to invest in some new citronella candles for the pterodactyl sized mosquitoes. smiley-gen003.gif
    Speaking of summer, our heat index today will reach 106. And it's not officially summer yet! No rain in sight either for the next few days. I'm definitely an indoor girl from July to September. Thank goodness I invested in a great elliptical trainer. I'm sure that's going to come in verrrrrry handy. smiley-sport040.gif
    I love to go geocaching, and my family knows it's too hot when I don't go.
    Little Mrs. Crunch & Munch is back. She was on LOA for a couple of weeks but the munching continues. I foresee a throat punch or Xanax. Either will work. smiley-angry026.gif
    Busy, busy day. To all: DRINK YOUR WATER!!! smiley-eatdrink003.gif

Where do all y'all that have moving emoticons get them? I know the ones that I find if I send a private message and they work on this too. I had to have someone explain how it works. The one on the treadmill is cute! One of the first times I got on mine; I decided to up it by one number; it upped it by 5 ... I did one of those fly off the back of it moves ... my wrist got hung up with the chair I knocked over and had major treadmill burns. People would look at me (and my bandage) and I would say, 'no, it isn't what you think ... I got attacked by a treadmill'. I scraped my left wrist - had carpet burns on both knees and elbows and even on my chin. My computer apparently does not 'like' the app of 'emoticons'. I was wondering if there is a 'safe' and 'free' place to get them that won't be blocked by my Avast security.

Our new D-i-L gave us a tennis racket zapper . . . makes for a lot of fun to watch them 'fry' and no longer able to 'fly' into my face. It even gets gnats, too. Usually misquotes don't bother me because of all the medication I take. If my blood tastes as bad as some of them do, I don't doubt they leave me along. But, gnats ... a different matter altogether; even a Southerner can't blow hard enough to get them 'out of the way' on really hot and humid days. Difference in Southerner (south of the 'fall line' or 'gnat line') is we have learned how to blow them away without moving our mouths much; Northerners always try to swat the away.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!
    Welcome new ladies.
    HUGS jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to let y'all know that I will be having surgery on June 26 to repair a tear in my rotator cuff and, more than likely, to repair my bicep which has been affected by the torn rotator cuff. In some ways, I feel so defeated to have yet another surgery and, in other ways, I am relieved that it's finally going to get fixed. This is one of those times when I question whether or not the struggle to lose weight and keep it off is worth it when my body is just going to fall apart anyway--and potentially is falling apart because I've done something in the effort to make my body stronger. I'll get over my pity party at some point, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Carol in NC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Chris – Hooray for C25K. I am behind you 110%. Let us know how it is going. Proud of you for not changing your mind ! ! !

Poop (or did you convert back to pip?) – Glad you were spared. It is scary the way some people drive around here. I’m so sorry you have to be exposed to the idiocy.

Carol - Hugs for your surgery. When you are finished with your pity party, I hope you are able to understand that your post-surgical recovery will be smoother because of the better condition of your body. The best thing I offered my Mom when she had her right wrist surgery was a battery powered tooth brush, so she could continue to brush her own teeth. I wish you the most luck, and quick recovery. May your surgeon have steady hands (or robot).

I don’t know about all of this gnat and mosquito talk. Have you ever seen Minnesota mosquitoes? There is a reason why they are the State Bird ! Almost as large and unruly here in the Milwaukee area, but now we have to worry about West Nile again. I hope my “guard bat” keeps them away from my work.

Successful catered Rep lunch. He brought Chili’s, so I stayed away from the chips and tortillas, made myself a fajita salad, and measured the guacamole and sour cream. Feeling proud. I was tempted to take 1 chip, and it has been bugging for quite awhile now, but when I returned to the lunch room I noticed it was ALL gone (supervisor was only one in that room, who does that?). I guess I should thank her for saving me the tempation and fat that I don't want. Too bad we can’t have seconds on the salad or meat tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day and making wise choices. Hugs ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • kariliz2
    kariliz2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today is so perfect in VT - 78 and sunny. Ate lunch out on our new "office" picnic table and went for a walk.
    -Sassy - love the pic of your town. I agree, like a postcard.
    -Lenora - wishing your nephew a speedy recovery and sending prayers to the family

I think it is so great to have such a variety of people and places from this group.
    Off to the gym for yoga this afternoon. Doesnt burn many calories but such a great way to end the day.
    Kari
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    terrimom - pip/poop, either will do.

nccarolb - hope the surgery goes well, you'll get thru it!

got a call from eye doc and my lens is ready! unfortunately I am going to have to ride over there, was going to take the train after work to save my legs some (rode to work) so I don't wear them out b4 the run this Saturday. since I will have to get off soon enough to give me time to ride there, i'll have to leave when there are no trains running so I am forced to ride. oh well, it will definitely be an over 1k burn day and I am getting off in 25 minutes so I can make it an easier ride and won't have to rush.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    GRITS:
    http://www.freesmileys.org/

Use the "forum" or BBCode; RIGHT click to highlight and copy. Then paste it into your post.smiley-computer004.gif
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Kari: I think I stole the goal of having fun from Katla (have fun every day). Someone else thought it might be do-able for them weekly (sorry I can't remember who). You're right it is so important to take care of ourselves, why did it take me 50 years to figure that out!

Yvonne: I'll take that pound! Congrats...

Mia: :smile: Chocolate bar has left the building.... Thank you... thank you very much! The info on ghrelin was really interesting... I always wondered why sleep was so important to losing weight.

Carol NC I'd be whining too... that what the pity pile is for. You have a right dag-nabit! Can you imagine how much more fun that pool will be when your shoulder doesn't hurt?

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!
    W3: Pedicure and manicure, Tai Chi in the park. (I'm on a roll)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Carey-Edmonton
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sorry for the double post...got an error that said try again..so I did :laugh:
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Carol: sorry that you have to have surgery. If it helps any, I feel like my body's falling apart, too. It's frustrating to try to be healthier and then get into something like this. Do you have some help lined up for the first week or two?

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Just a quick post to let y'all know that I will be having surgery on June 26 to repair a tear in my rotator cuff and, more than likely, to repair my bicep which has been affected by the torn rotator cuff. In some ways, I feel so defeated to have yet another surgery and, in other ways, I am relieved that it's finally going to get fixed. This is one of those times when I question whether or not the struggle to lose weight and keep it off is worth it when my body is just going to fall apart anyway--and potentially is falling apart because I've done something in the effort to make my body stronger. I'll get over my pity party at some point, I'm sure.

Carol in NC

<3 Carol, do not be discouraged....just take this stuff one minute at a time....keep coming back and talking to us. <3

• salazarlisa711
    salazarlisa711 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Don't forget to click on the star at the top to bookmark this page....I just came back to do that so I can find all of you again in the morning.smiley-laughing025.gif

• salazarlisa711
    Options
    Hi, I saved this page!
  • salazarlisa711
    Options
    Hi Carol, glad you'll be getting your shoulder fixed. :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »

Carol in NC

I think you can take a moment in the party, just don't sit down and stay :) I completely understand what you mean tho. When I was going to have the bariatric surgery I kept asking the surgeon and the psychiatrist and the nutritionist am I too old? Of course they all said no, but I went thru some days post-op wondering. Will send up a prayer that all goes well and that you get rid of the pain and can be glad its better. Hang in there.