How do I break up with chocolate?

Options
i crave it way too much

Replies

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    how about dark chocolate? 70% cacao. Trader joe's has nice 100 calorie bars. Could be your end of day treat?
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    i crave it way too much

You don't have to break up with it. You can still go on a date with it on occasion. :)

• evelyngomez_xo
    evelyngomez_xo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have tried and it doesn't satisfy me as much. It makes me crave milk chocolate more lol :(
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Eat it within your allowance. Stop when you've hit your limit. Exercise self-restraint, it's one of the crappy things we all need to master as adults.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    haha. understand. it is an acquired taste.
  • evelyngomez_xo
    Options
    That's hard for me lol I tell myself once a week and that turns into one every other day
  • blakerudolf42
    blakerudolf42 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whenever you get that sugar craving try to substitute chocolate for a healthier, sweet option (strawberries, apple, etc.) orrrr.... Just be lactose intolerant like me!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Eat it within your allowance. Stop when you've hit your limit. Exercise self-restraint, it's one of the crappy things we all need to master as adults.

This. Dont break up with chocolate, it loves you. :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    That's hard for me lol I tell myself once a week and that turns into one every other day

Maybe plan a little in every day? And eat other sweet things like stawberries as blake suggests. (I love chocolate but find I crave it less now than I did.)

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I fit in a treat almost everyday. Usually ice cream because I love it. I find I'm less likely to binge or crave it so much if I just allow myself to have a little every day and make plans to be able to eat it and stay within my calories. No guilt and I have a lot more success sticking to my weight loss because it doesn't feel like punishment lol
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    2 small squares of dark chocolate a day is said to be good for your heart, as long as it is at least 70% cacao.
  • evelyngomez_xo
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm going to try them all and see what works best for me!

• noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 squares of 88% organic dark chocolate every night and it's working out great! Another thing I would do in the past that worked out great especially in the summer was make chocolate popsicles:

Get a popsicle mold (mine has 6 slots).
    Melt down 6 servings of chocolate fondu style.
    Add 3 ripe bananas (thats half a banana per serving), the melted chocolate, 1 cup water, 1 cup almond milk, in a blender or food processor (we have a $20 ninja processor from target that works great).
    Pour into mold and freeze overnight.

Every day you get a popsicle that is chocolatey and sweet like a fudge pop, but has the calories of 1 square of chocolate, 1/2 a banana, and 1/6 cup of almond milk. Satisfying and a great healthy alternative!
  • evelyngomez_xo
    Options
    Oh my goodness! My mouth got so watery lol thank you so much for sharing this!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat abt 1.5 tbs of Nestle' Dark Choc Chips after dinner most every night; I may want more (LOVE CHOCOLATE), but use self-control not to eat more. If you say "I can't have . . . . (fill in the blank)," you usually set yourself up for failure. It is better to have a small amt of something you enjoy and make it part of your eating plan--another thing, don't say "diet," which indicates a beginning and end; instead, use eating plan/life style. I have lost the weight I wanted to, now I'm working on adjusting my "maintenance" calories and trying to gain more muscle mass (not larger, just tighter and less jiggle).
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the "It's not you, it's me" line?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've never done this before, but I'm willing to be the homewrecker in your relationship with chocolate.
    tumblr_mszmeiPYR81s61lq4o1_500.gif
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    You just cannot. Even in times of desperation I need it sometimes. :)
    teod61p5gvdb.gif
    BR.gif 863.1K
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    2 small squares of dark chocolate a day is said to be good for your heart, as long as it is at least 70% cacao.

This!

I have some 85% dark chocolate every morning with coffee and treadmill

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have some chocolate nearly every day. This week I split up a three-pack of dark chocolate peanut butter cups (newman's own), 1/day.