Options

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    How about when you get one of those ketchup packets and you open it and the color is little off? I'm like..i aint eaten that. And then you give your buddy the crappy ketchup packet. So cruel.

have you seen the green ketchup packets? I'm trying to remember where they had those

like, the ketchup itself was actually green
    Maybe on St. Pattys day and you were drinking?

Sadly...it was a thing

weird-green-purple-ketchup.PNG
    Love it. I hope it comes out the other end that color. :)
    But he did say green ketchup packets. Where are the green ketchup packets?

And just think. Some marketing genius probably pulled down a good salary for "creating" the green/purple ketchup idea.

I weep for humanity.

They could probably respin the marketing for green and purple ketchup (maybe in a twin bottle) and market it to the gamers. (BTW, I am not responsible for what you see if you google green and purple and gamers)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I like ketchup between 2 pieces of Wonder bread. Plain and simple.

Throw some Velveeta or Cheez Whiz on there and you might be on to something.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options

but I may just be losing my mind

Cmon man you're just making this too easy...

don't mind me, the walls of these rooms are supposed to be padded. I must be in the wrong house. can somebody help me?

Hey! Ketchup guzzling contest in the next padded cell. Be there or be square.

can someone unlock my door? I'd really like to join

Just use your lazer vision and burn your way out...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    It's not "bad". I like it on certain foods.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's a bit too high in sugar for my liking, so I get the reduced sugar variety. Really though, I don't think it makes a huge difference with how little one normally uses.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    We stick to the 5 ingredients or less when buying packaged foods, and only if those ingredients are good for you foods. That said we tried making our own condiments (mayo and ketchup). None of the ketchups were even remotely good. Mayo is easy and tastes SO much better if you make it. You can add whatever you like is small batches. We now buy Annie's ketchup. At least it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup?
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just scrolled up and saw velveeta and cheez wiz. I used to eat those like nobody's business. Holy crap. So delightfully delicious. Once I hate an entire bag of Dorito's with a can of spray "cheese". HURK.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    ketchup on bananas
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's DELICIOUS. When I was a kid I would eat it with everything... after school I would eat it with pretzels. Probably part of the reason I'm on MFP haha. I don't eat it much anymore because I don't eat many french fries now.
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Never been a fan. I usually put salsa on burgers and dogs, gravy on my fries, sometimes on eggs, but rarely... otherwise no use for it for me.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    When I was (literally) a starving student, I would go to a fast food joint, steal a few packages of ketchup, squirt it into a cup and add boiling water. Presto! Tomato soup.

Sort of.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    I want one! :)
    pia1uy8kd9w0.gif
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    pia1uy8kd9w0.gif

SwUh7qG.gif
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    How about when your mom would put water in the ketchup to get the last of it in the bottle and then you use it? Ruined!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    We stick to the 5 ingredients or less when buying packaged foods, and only if those ingredients are good for you foods. That said we tried making our own condiments (mayo and ketchup). None of the ketchups were even remotely good. Mayo is easy and tastes SO much better if you make it. You can add whatever you like is small batches. We now buy Annie's ketchup. At least it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup?

Years ago I enjoyed this article on how artisanal mustard is a thing, but not ketchup:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/09/06/the-ketchup-conundrum

I also love that it was easily findable because of the internet.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    How about when your mom would put water in the ketchup to get the last of it in the bottle and then you use it? Ruined!

Memories like that make me very sad.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

Memories like that make me very sad.

put some water in the jar, shake it up

MO tussin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrs9_EpSlyc
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    pia1uy8kd9w0.gif

SwUh7qG.gif

This is killing me; it's the arm falling off at the end...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    How about when you get one of those ketchup packets and you open it and the color is little off? I'm like..i aint eaten that. And then you give your buddy the crappy ketchup packet. So cruel.

have you seen the green ketchup packets? I'm trying to remember where they had those

like, the ketchup itself was actually green
    Maybe on St. Pattys day and you were drinking?

Sadly...it was a thing

weird-green-purple-ketchup.PNG
    Love it. I hope it comes out the other end that color. :)
    But he did say green ketchup packets. Where are the green ketchup packets?

I could have swore I saw packets before at some fast food joint

but I may just be losing my mind

@draznyth They gave out green ketchup at Burger King a few years ago for St. Patrick's Day.

423109_409254612421214_134615383218473_1798162_1368270170_n1.jpg

Took my boys that day... They had a fun day with green tongues!! They didn't want to brush their teeth because of that. :laugh:

So no, you're not losing your mind. :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I just hate buying ketchup because I use it so infrequently that it just ends up going to waste.

Salsa on the other hand I use a lot. I was skeptical about the current brand I'm using because it comes from Texas, but it turned out to be pretty good.
    Does ketchup go bad? I always assumed it was like twinkies...

And seriously, what's with all the Texas hate today? Why would a state that borders Mexico not have good salsa?! Would you rather your salsa from Canada?

Because people from most of the country think that salsa should taste like marinara sauce.

There is nothing so depressing as going to a "Mexican" restaurant in the midwest. It's a soul-sucking experience.

Even the good brands make "extra mild" salsa for certain markets.

Extra. Mild. That's not salsa. That's chopped up tomatoes.