• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    jaxass wrote: »
    Just shows the entire world how incredibly weak the Eastern division is/was.
    So the "real" NBA Championship was versus the Rockets? I don't think the Rockets could have beaten the Cavs if they made the Finals.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

So you think the conferences have the same competition? I would think the west has way more talent than the East. All I know it that with the firing of Tom from the bulls we should be able to make some turnarounds for this next season.

Not the turnarounds you'll want (if you're a bulls fan).

His post season record is lets see http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/thiboto99c.html

23-28.

LOL, go back and look at "Playoff Records" with Del Negro, Sikes, Cartwright, and Floyd the ten years prior to Thibs. 51 playoff games in 5 years compared to 34 in 10 years from all coaches after Jackson and before Thibs. Played in almost double the playoff games in half the amount of time. Good luck with that though...

You should listen the the losing Lebron james press conference after game six. You will see how I feel about making the playoffs and still losing. I agree with him. He is one hell of a player. He ain't the best in the world said Klay Thompson.

I guess K T (pronounced "Katie") has a little wiggle room for some talk like that. I'd have to disagree with him, though. I'd also want to know who he considers the best in the world if not LBJ.

As far as playoff losses go, you'd rather have a bad regular season and NOT make the playoffs than make the playoffs and lose in the conference semis and finals as a fan?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    Just shows the entire world how incredibly weak the Eastern division is/was.
    So the "real" NBA Championship was versus the Rockets? I don't think the Rockets could have beaten the Cavs if they made the Finals.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So you think the conferences have the same competition? I would think the west has way more talent than the East. All I know it that with the firing of Tom from the bulls we should be able to make some turnarounds for this next season.

Not the turnarounds you'll want (if you're a bulls fan).

His post season record is lets see http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/thiboto99c.html

23-28.

LOL, go back and look at "Playoff Records" with Del Negro, Sikes, Cartwright, and Floyd the ten years prior to Thibs. 51 playoff games in 5 years compared to 34 in 10 years from all coaches after Jackson and before Thibs. Played in almost double the playoff games in half the amount of time. Good luck with that though...

You should listen the the losing Lebron james press conference after game six. You will see how I feel about making the playoffs and still losing. I agree with him. He is one hell of a player. He ain't the best in the world said Klay Thompson.

I guess K T (pronounced "Katie") has a little wiggle room for some talk like that. I'd have to disagree with him, though. I'd also want to know who he considers the best in the world if not LBJ.

As far as playoff losses go, you'd rather have a bad regular season and NOT make the playoffs than make the playoffs and lose in the conference semis and finals as a fan?

From a fan standpoint, having a bad regular season after Derrick rose go hurt one of the many times he has yes that would help us get something in the draft. I'm starting to feel Derrick is a very unreliable player.

For example the Cavs, have you heard what going on in the rumors for there team?

• yopeeps025
    Options
    "We ran out of talent" was reportedly a comment James made. I read further quotes where he explained how losing two all stars to injury hurt, and those statements came off much better. But I can't help thinking about his teammates that Lebron feels are short on talent. I know some people get a high from playing with the "best player," but personally I have always been the type that likes to beat the best player. I am thankful that I get to do that on a regular basis in the recreational league I play in. Regardless of what level you are playing at, there is always a best player on the court (or field). My best friend and I are in our mid 40s and play against guys in their early 20s. Many of the guys we play against are more talented than we are. But when my best friend and I are on the court together, we win more than we lose. Far too many people put more of an emphasis on talent than chemistry and teamwork. Sure, the talent always manages to get their points. But it a TEAM that wins games.

Don't the hawks have amazing chemistry and teamwork? Who they lose to again being number one seed in the playoffs. Who was the talent of that team again? The whole starting five?
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    The EAST sucks...period!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps, I honestly couldn't answer (or debate) your question because I don't follow the East at all. Although I live in the East, I personally never have time to catch a came until late in the evening. The West teams. And that is how I started following Golden State. And I know pretty much the entire world views Lebron as the best player in the game, but I personally would prefer to watch Curry over any other player in the league. When Curry is playing, I can't turn the tv off. He is just so much fun to watch.

The west was way more fun to watch during this playoffs because everyone kind of already knew the eastern conference finals would be who was in it. Curry shooting ability is out of this world. Some of those shots he literally throws up reminds me of Allen Iverson but better.

Lebron can be the best player in the world. There are some hall of fame players with zero rings. Oh Reggie Miller. Hey Patrick Ewing. No rings.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    yopeeps, I honestly couldn't answer (or debate) your question because I don't follow the East at all. Although I live in the East, I personally never have time to catch a came until late in the evening. The West teams. And that is how I started following Golden State. And I know pretty much the entire world views Lebron as the best player in the game, but I personally would prefer to watch Curry over any other player in the league. When Curry is playing, I can't turn the tv off. He is just so much fun to watch.

The west was way more fun to watch during this playoffs because everyone kind of already knew the eastern conference finals would be who was in it. Curry shooting ability is out of this world. Some of those shots he literally throws up reminds me of Allen Iverson but better.

Lebron can be the best player in the world. There are some hall of fame players with zero rings. Oh Reggie Miller. Hey Patrick Ewing. No rings.
    When the Warriors lost 2 straight to the Cavs, the radio hosts here (KNBR's Gary Radnich and Larry Kruger) were debating on who they should get to give the Warriors a pep talk. And the one of the people they mentioned was Dan Marino. Because Dan made the Superbowl his second year and had a lot of talent around him, they thought was they would be a force to reckon with in the next few years. He never made it back again in his career. So the emphasis was "SEIZE THE MOMENT" because it may never come again. Apparently the front office listen's to the flagship station and they just went out and won the next 3 to seal it.

I'm going to try to make the parade tomorrow. Good luck with traffic.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• B_Jaxn
    B_Jaxn Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Oh well....hats off to the Dubs, great season....on to College Football!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    B_Jaxn wrote: »
    Talking about hats, I bought my OFFICIAL Warriors Championship hat today.

Warriors%20hat_zpsstnjxgom.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• yopeeps025
    Options

You mean onto waiting til NFL season? :lol:

• B_Jaxn
    B_Jaxn Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

You mean onto waiting til NFL season? :lol:

I enjoy NFL....but it doesn't come close to my love for CFB
  • yopeeps025
    Options

When the Warriors lost 2 straight to the Cavs, the radio hosts here (KNBR's Gary Radnich and Larry Kruger) were debating on who they should get to give the Warriors a pep talk. And the one of the people they mentioned was Dan Marino. Because Dan made the Superbowl his second year and had a lot of talent around him, they thought was they would be a force to reckon with in the next few years. He never made it back again in his career. So the emphasis was "SEIZE THE MOMENT" because it may never come again. Apparently the front office listen's to the flagship station and they just went out and won the next 3 to seal it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Live it up man.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Talking about hats, I bought my OFFICIAL Warriors Championship hat today.

Warriors%20hat_zpsstnjxgom.jpg

LULZ is that denim?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Live it up man.
    It was crowded, it was hot and there was a reported million people in attendance!!!!! A long time getting in and out, but worth it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The Portland Trailblazers have been my team for my entire life. Loved watching them when I was growing up and still do. They have almost always been an OK team, sometimes even been great and of course had a few years of stinkerhood. This off season has so many question marks with almost the entire team including 3 starters becoming free agents it is impossible to get a feel for the team moving forward. At least I know I get to see some movement in the off season, that is always fun.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Live it up man.
    It was crowded, it was hot and there was a reported million people in attendance!!!!! A long time getting in and out, but worth it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Championship parades are awesome. I was fortunate enough to have the last Steelers parade go right past where I work.
    It's been great so far because of the GIANTS Championship parade in October, and now followed by the Warriors in June!!!! Now if the 9ers can do anything....................................

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• charnessa52
    charnessa52 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pelicans all the way. Then it's the rockets
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My nephew shot this aerial with his drone. He's in the middle with glasses wearing a "GOLD BLOODED" t shirt at :52.

http://youtu.be/jLOXOHCozMI

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The DUBS come out strong against the Pelicans tonight! And the Champs and MVP rolled them early!! GO DUBS!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Thunder UP!
    OKC Thunder baby!!! <3
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @melmelw03 Cavs have always been my team having family in Cleveland but OKC I have always rooted for. I hope this is their year! I really need KD and Russell to win a championship together.