Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    when it rains hard enough for you to get wet going from the house to the car....only to stop when you get to work.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    People that let their kids stand in the shopping carts
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    bizgirl26 wrote: »

That used to bug me until I realized I'd rather them do that then scream at the top of their lungs the entire time.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    bizgirl26 wrote: »

That used to bug me until I realized I'd rather them do that then scream at the top of their lungs the entire time.

As much as I dislike screaming children, injured children who have concussions (etc) from falling out of the shopping cart are worse. A child's head weighs a lot and makes it really easy for the child to topple out.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Managers who say, "I don't remember saying that. I don't think I said that." Grrr.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    The sound of someone chewing or breathing. When someone shrugs or rolls their eyes. People who mope and act miserable and you can't make them happy no matter what you do. The Taco Bell drive thru.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    The flat, no texture, 16-color or 50 shades of grey UI designs that have become common in OS's, app, and applications in the past couple years.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Loving this thread lol!
    I do not remember if I already posted, but my long rant (sorry!) is about dog owners:

a. Dog walks
    i. If a dog is walking ahead of you and not alongside or behind you, you are not walking the dog! And those flex-leashes, and those that go around the dog’s trunk, rather than the neck are the worst kind!
    ii. Walking the dog while texting/using phone. The walk (and mastering it) is the most important and powerful thing in a dog’s life

b. Talking to a dog in a “baby/cooing” voice...ugh!
    c. When people meet a dog and think it okay to pet it right away (while using the “baby” voice) – this is not how dogs meet. They smell each other and etc. Why not be patient? Do not look, touch, or talk to the dog until he/she has smelled you? It takes quite a bit of patience, but that is the right way. And you will once in a while hear a complaint that, “I just bent down to say hello to the dog, and suddenly he/she bit me,” oh?...but did you see/understand the dog’s body language before you did that, or did you just see the end result?
    d. Double standards – when someone declares how their dog is their baby, yet do not restrain the dog, say, while driving (would you let your own child ride unrestricted in the vehicle?)
    e. Blaming dogs (including not understanding powerful breeds – which lead to most being destroyed or being returned to shelters – though that there are red zone cases that are beyond salvage) for their behavior
    i. The dog does not understand you shouting at it, and that he/she feels sorry and he/she is depressed about this and that…dogs pick up on energy. If you are a nervous person for example, the dog will not trust you. The dog may find a need to step in and “protect” its pack, hence why the dog would go after other dogs while on a walk, for example. Change you and the dog will change.
    ii. At the dog park, you see a fight between dog A and B, then go on to blame dog B, yet it is your dog that entered the park with his tail held really high, did you notice that the whites of his eyes were more prominent? Did you see how your dog approached dog B (head-on as opposed from the side; was the head held high or low)? How was your frame of mind right before you left for the park, or before disembarking from the car? Did you see that when you approached that dog in a high-pitched, excited mind that the dog started jumping all over you? That may not be because he likes you…..

f. Using human psychology rather than dog/animal psychology on dogs
    i. Can you tell an aggressive dog from a nervous, excited, obsessive one? Does your dog trust you? Are you a pack leader (not by hurting/reprimanding, but by being calm and assertive)
    ii. Do you know (why) most (with the exception of a few) dogs in the rural areas/”free range” have less “psychological” problems, less medication etc?
    iii. Do you understand the different barks/growls/stares?
    iv. “I will not neuter/spay my dog because I will change his personality/he or she will be so depressed”…uhm…what? Lol
    v. Do you fulfill the dog’s needs and desires (as an animal) first before yours (e.g., religiously walking, general wellness, food, shelter, giving the dog something to do etc) – dressing up a dog may be something you like, but that is not fulfilling the dog’s needs
    vi. Do you follow through with your commands in a calm way, or do you get impatient and frustrated? Do you have set boundaries and limitations for your dog? Sometimes you find powerful people (in powerful positions) where they assert authority at work every day, but often ran down by their dogs at home lol
    vii. Have you watched your dog in a pack or in the pack? You may learn a lot about your dog from the other dogs (sans humans). They are the best teachers
    viii. Do you know why your dog barks all day or wees while you are away at work? Do you take him on a rigorous walk beforehand? Do you prep him to leave or do you coo, “I am going to work now…be a good boy now…you will be ok…it is ok…?”

g. Not picking after one’s dog
    h. Thank you for saving lives of shelter dogs when you adopt one, but please choose the right dog for you. Just putting your fingers through the cage so he can smell, or thinking a dog is cute does not do.
    How is the dog’s energy/personality matched to yours or your household’s? How do you meet the dog for the first time at the shelter? How do you introduce the dog to your home the first time? Do you know how to lay the foundation down for a well-balanced dog? How do you socialize your dog with others?
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    When I call someone like my mom and my brothers answers. If I wanted to talk to them I would have called them.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Lingering fart smells
  • newatthis2015
    newatthis2015 Posts: 22 Member
    slow drivers on freeways in the far left lane!

oh - but that's a rational anger...
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    slow drivers on freeways in the far left lane!

oh - but that's a rational anger...

I live in TX and there are signs posted like every *kitten* mile for this "law"

and nobody ever *kitten* moves out of the way

but drive 10 over on I-35 through Austin and you get a $200 ticket

seems reasonable
  • Misty137
    Misty137 Posts: 71 Member
    people that slow down to a stop and then turn when no one is coming ..... usually with no signal . drives me insane
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    When I break my graham crackers in half and they don't break evenly.
  • Misty137
    Misty137 Posts: 71 Member
    When I break my graham crackers in half and they don't break evenly.

haha yeah
  • chelsg94
    chelsg94 Posts: 35 Member
    When people take fries off of my plate :/
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Rubber bands. I hate them. I. Just. Hate. Them.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Friends who say they are fine, when clearly they're not. :(
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Moron drivers who don't understand the Right-of-Way rule