Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    i dunno - just an observation. i too have a desk job and have had one for years and i am also going thru the menopause thing but i haven't gained weight because either of those thing.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    i was looking for this post that i had skimmed thru:
    Charm4u76132 wrote: »
    Terrific Tuesday, Everyone. Welcome Newbies! We're glad you're here.

This am the scale said -0.8. Yay! Despite eating a high calorie dinner last night that was definitely off plan. I've had so many days where my calories were very low (only 650 to 800). Thank God, this didn't have a negative effect. I'm back on track now.

Would like to know, what successful techniques have you used to prevent an overindulgence from happening? (I'm not talking about binge eating. My downfall is eating very little to nothing all day, then indulging in a high fat, high calorie Italian or Mexican dinner, including 2 glasses of red wine plus dessert sometimes.) Yes, I realize part of me likes this and it feels good/stress relief. My total calories yesterday added up to 1750. Not in the usual 800 to 1000 range for me.

Looking forward to some sound tips that I can use B4 I'm ravenous and then eat this type of restaurant dinner.

Thank you! - Nancy in Fort Worth, now Sunny TX

first and foremost 650-800cal is way too low. and there aren't really any successful techniques, sounds like you are doing a form of binge eating right there, you're just modifying it. kinda sounds like you want your cake and eat it too if you know what i mean. there are no good tips that anyone should recommend.

i personally eat the same thing 5 days a week because i like what i eat. HOWEVER, i may burn usually 600-1000 cal. a day and i am in the maintaining mode. just because i don't eat the calories i burn and i am at maybe 1430 cal a day requirement i COULD eat a lot more but i don't. i don't give myself carte blanche to do it all the time because i know i will burn it the next day. there will be a day (like this saturday) where i am going to go over my 1430 calories because i'm going to a party and yes i will drink and eat but i will log it and i am ok if i eat some of the calories that i will burn that day and then some.

on that same note i have decided when we go to vegas i EXPECT to gain maybe 5 lbs while i'm there and i will be ok with that because i am giving myself permission to do so. i STILL will log all my stuff to the best of my ability but i STILL will be working out every day while we're there too. again, 800-1000 cal. is too low in my book. i don't know what kind of exercise you're doing if any and how often it is but it's got to be a balance.

now i'm gonna go have my loaded nachos and a main tai or two.. (just kidding LOLOLOOLOL)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    @pipcd34 You keep me in stitches! :)<3

Love the nails by the way. Husband and I went to Vegas a few years back for a week and had THE BEST TIME!

Cheri
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thursday here and prepped Jamie Oliver beef stew, will go in oven at 1pm to cook SLOW for dinner. Food = 1460.
    I decide on food at breakfast, prep and keep to it
    Training: JJ's beach-body II, BH kettle-bell cardio, walk dog
    Juice this afternoon is berry a'peeling for 212 cals. LOVE my NINJA juicer

I was on STATINS for 4 years until 2005 when doctor realised my muscles were being LYSED, I was a body builder. Lysed muscles and FAT ladies. I am on LIPIDIL a non statin and it suits me and genetic high cholesterol is OK with it
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Charm4u76132 i want to add that this room or i am not into cutting people down (well i am when it's deserved but not in this group). my comments were well intended and i hope i didn't scare you away. this is a good group of chicks.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    csofled: i am here for your amusement!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :) Heather, your DH is a very attractive man...thanks for sharing his photo

:) Pip, I am a creature of habit and routine and eat the same breakfast every day and meals and snacks at the same time. It isn't possible for me to wait all day to eat a big meal in the evening. I also don't drink alcohol or eat recreational sugar. In a restaurant I don't order dinners or meals from the menu...I choose single items and avoid bread, sauces and dressings.

:) I had planned a long walk on the Olympic Discovery Trail with my friend, but when she arrived, it was drizzling and we decided to walk in my neighborhood instead in case the rain got serious. It was wet enough to put up my hood and hang my jacket outside the closet when I got home, but not really raining. We walked for 75 minutes instead of the two hours I had expected.

<3 Barbie from damp beautiful NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    Options
    barbiecat - there are things we have taught our bodies to do with time and like you and me we are good the way we eat. we rarely "go out to dinner" and i too avoid the bread, sauces and dressings.i used to drink ALOT and i mean ALOT. i just can't drink the way i used to, i don't drink that much anymore, sometimes i will go months without anything. it's not that important to me anymore. but i don't deny myself either. if i'm in the mood to drink, i will, but i know i will log it as part of my calorie count to, so i do choose wisely
  • suerontur3
    suerontur3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Omg, this is a complete diary. I can't believe what people post on this, and who the heck has time to read all this!!!!! Not me! When I read books they are books I am interested in. Sorry to offend but seriously!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @suerontur3 , what exactly would you prefer that people post? And if you were actually worried about offending, you wouldn't have written something offensive. Not sure what you think the rules should be for posting on a support thread... But your chastising people is pretty much the definition of non-supportive. Stop reading if it doesn't suit you, it's that simple.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in before I crash. The shoulder/arm pain has been bad today. I didn't have enough range of motion to get my nightie off until after noon. Took a shower and went just to job no. 2 for the day. In any case, I'm in bed now and waiting for meds to kick to escape the pain for a bit and hope to sleep well.

Good night!

Carol in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I love reading the diary!

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sueontur3 This group welcomes all. Whether you choose to stay is up to you. Personally I enjoy reading about women's lives all over the world. I do not belong to facebook. I like how we share more details about our lives then you get on facebook. It does take awhile to get to know people here. I have noticed women come and go. It is their choice. I find it a safe place to share ideas for staying healthy both physically and emotionally. I do think they go hand in hand.

What I like best is how supportive everyone here is unlike some of the other forums. If I get behind in my posts I just join in where I am. Because we comment on each others posts it helps me if I miss something I find interesting. I like it when others suggest books it makes me aware of topics I might not have considered.

Lisa I considered making the same comment you did. I am glad you made it. If this is not the right forum for someone they don't need to make that kind of comment, they just move on and find what is right for them.
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Lisa, B)B) well said.

At the risk of offending suerontur3 with my diary...

I'm so excited! I have been backsliding in the exercise department, so today I posted a note on Facebook saying I am looking for one or more ladies who want to walk for exercise, and lo and behold, someone answered. It turns out that someone I already know is interested. She showed her fiber art in my gallery over the holidays. So we are meeting tomorrow at 7:30 am at the rails to trails to start walking. It'll be fun. We have to do it early before it gets too hot and sunny.

Took my son to get groceries this afternoon. His funds for the month have run out. After putting the groceries in the back of the van, I was starting to close the hatch when DGD#2 decided to walk around and I hit her in the head. :'( I felt horrible. Poor little thing.

Well, I don't want to ramble on, so I'll say good night. Sleep well.

Sylvia

• pipcd34
    Options
    suerontur3 wrote: »
    Omg, this is a complete diary. I can't believe what people post on this, and who the heck has time to read all this!!!!! Not me! When I read books they are books I am interested in. Sorry to offend but seriously!

that's why i skim through them. i'm not offended
  • pipcd34
    Options
    @suerontur3 , what exactly would you prefer that people post? And if you were actually worried about offending, you wouldn't have written something offensive. Not sure what you think the rules should be for posting on a support thread... But your chastising people is pretty much the definition of non-supportive. Stop reading if it doesn't suit you, it's that simple.

::::: rubbing her shoulders, getting her prepped for the boxing ring ::::::::::
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

You should believe what people post on this because it is our real lives. Our struggles, our successes all shared among a wonderful group of supportive women. I am really not sure what you expected to receive back from this post. Your post is exactly why I came to this board on MFP and not any of the others! Please don't post here again unless you undergo an attitude adjustment. Wishing you well on your MFP journey.

Cheri
  • pipcd34
    edited June 2015
    Options
    my normal reaction to you suerontur3 would have been a bit more direct because that's my nature but i have made an effort (which i think i've done REALLY well) to watch my trucker mouth. i wasn't offended by someone speaking their mind HOWEVER, after reading a bunch of stuff, i wouldn't have said s#$%t and just bowed out of the room and left it at that. if this isn't your thing, you don't have to be part of the group, that's ok, no biggie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    csofled wrote: »

You should believe what people post on this because it is our real lives. Our struggles, our successes all shared among a wonderful group of supportive women. I am really not sure what you expected to receive back from this post. Your post is exactly why I came to this board on MFP and not any of the others! Please don't post here again unless you undergo an attitude adjustment. Wishing you well on your MFP journey.

Cheri

::::::: filing csofled's nails down so not to seriously harm ::::::::::