WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Alison: YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Maybe your DH is slowly coming around after all! That note of yours must have done some good. Keep sticking up for yourself! <3

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • wenanghen
    wenanghen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all ! I'm new to MFP and loving it so far. I'm from beautiful Kincardine, Ontario, Canada on the shores of Lake Huron. I'm trying to shed these 30 pound that creeped on during recent breast cancer treatment. It's going to be a slow process due to the meds I'm on but as long as it's moving in the right direction I'll be happy. Best wishes to you all !
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    wenanghen wrote: »
    Hello all ! I'm new to MFP and loving it so far. I'm from beautiful Kincardine, Ontario, Canada on the shores of Lake Huron. I'm trying to shed these 30 pound that creeped on during recent breast cancer treatment. It's going to be a slow process due to the meds I'm on but as long as it's moving in the right direction I'll be happy. Best wishes to you all !

Welcome, you're in the right place for support, sharing and caring.

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning all... Yesterday was my first calorie overage in... 78 days, since April 1. And it was from one of my triggers that I know. If I eat prior to lunch time, before about 11 a.m., it triggers my appetite all day. I know this. And I do not eat until at least 11 a.m. I've essentially trained myself not to even be hungry until then, as it's not useful to BE hungry before then.

So yesterday, I snagged a protein bar about 8:30--which just goes to show that even good calories aren't that good if they're not right for you at the time. After that it was gloves off.No junk food--don't actually own any and thank you to the person who said it was a short detour. We just don't keep that kind of food around the house thanks to an understanding husband.

Something I used to keep around in the first years after the gastric bypass, need to put on my wall again--"Just because you CAN eat something doesn't mean you SHOULD."

Anyway, I was in starvation mode all day. Unusual for me. I did my 3.75 mile run, but I was exhausted at beginning and end. Hmmm... overdid it Monday? Perhaps. Something to think about. But, today is another day. Yesterday was an egg, and while I may have broken it, I ain't throwing the rest of the dozen on the floor!

Hugs to them as needs it... eggs for them as has broken one (and considering eggs were up to three bucks a dozen at Wallyworld, we're all going to need to take out a loan for breaking 'em...)!

And, below the flags, my weight loss graph... am also stalling again, and I think that wasn't helping. I also think I need to stop the head shrinking and get back to body shrinking!

My short term goal is to hit 175 pounds by the time I get to the end of this month. I've averaged 3.5 pounds a week across this last 78/79 days, so it's still a doable thing. Just have to get moving... Next goal after that is to hit "overweight" BMI of 155 by the last week of August, which is a stretch, but would accept mid-September on that one, especially with travel that final week of August. Final weight-loss goal is 136 by Christmas, or "normal" BMI, which is more reasonable as my weight loss slows down. Then I'll build maintenance goals.

Sassy - Austria added, milady... :wink:

Warmest regards, peeples...
    Lisa from sunny West TX - or it will be when the sun comes up!

bde2k3hbfyyw.jpg
    Australia, Austria, Canada, Greece, India, Italy, Norway, United Kingdom, United States... anyone I missed?

lsyqqo8oc46r.jpg

• janetr7476
    Options
    My DBIL sent me this. Had to share :)

THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Lenora prayers for Micheal.

Good to see you back Sassy.

Janetr Thanks for the chuckle. My mom would like that one, too.

Taking somethings to Goodwill today and then will shop for clothes for my mom.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lisa, if you've been averaging 3.5 pound per week that's astounding! If you've only gone over your calories once since April 1, that's even more astounding, but may explain the other success. Respect, sistah!

Great senility prayer JanetR!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Lisa - you are doing an outstanding job. Looking at your chart is phenomenal. I've weenied out and not set my goal this low. I may revisit my final goal weight.

BTW started reading This Little Pig last night, just getting in to it.
  • Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    sorry I have been absent for a while but busy week. I have just become a grandmother again! Little boy (not sure of weight) born 11.07 uk time today. In SCBU as 3.5 weeks early but parents assure me all is well. Will be going to visit this evening. Will be away all next week as youngest granddaughters birthday next friday. So with eldest son reaching 37 monday and myself re-visiting 21 (again) lots going on.
    Have been reading all posts and viewing all pictures, beautiful grandchildren, glorious views and wonderful flowers.
    Sending prayers for relatives, hugs for people struggling and smiles for all the jokes and happiness coming from here.
    Gilly, Suffolk UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sassy aus Austria: Welcome back! :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I’ve no doubt you’ll reach your goals. You’re a determined woman. Timing wasn’t predictable for me. :flowerforyou:

Janet: I love the senility prayer! Thanks for sharing. :bigsmile:

We have someone coming to fix our garage door today, and it is a yoga day for me. Yesterday we went into Portland for a meeting with our financial person, and also went to Zagg to get the screen protectors replaced for our phones and DH’s ipad. It only cost $5 to replace my broken phone screen protector. I’m very grateful the protector broke and not the screen itself when I dropped the phone.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning from rainy NE Ohio!

Wow! 50 pages of posts. Welcome to all the new friends joining us on this journey. The first time around with MFP I did not engage in the boards here and that might have been my downfall. This time around (100 days and counting) I have leaned in for support and hopefully provided support to this wonderful, glorious group of women and I truly feel it has made all the difference in the success I am experiencing!

The joints are bothering me today so a bit of a rest is called for. With the rain I just might have to pull out a Leslie Sansone DVD and do some indoor walkin'. I have my bookclub read to attend to...the book is The House Girl by Tara Conklin. Nothing like a rainy day a great book and a cuppa joe!

Have a great one!

Cheri
    26191113.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Sitting and waiting at kidney Dr,running behind,,,I have to be to work by noon,they better get crack a lackin....
    Well spoke to the contractor they will start tearing up the joint tomorrow:0 God help us all...had the day planned now have to rearrange it...oh well..will check in later
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Only to be 80's today; YAY!!! Going to do my daily grocery run then a bit of weeding in a shady spot. Deadheaded the marigolds and geraniums this am and dog thought she needed to shred every bit I cut off, silly dog! No watering this am as we has a couple good thunderstorms late evening.

Joyce........Hope you made it on time and that your bone density went well with good results.

Cynthia.......Stay away from those germ spreaders!!!

Lagopus.......Love my salt and pepper.........long done with the dye jobs!

Sassy........Thrilled to see you, wondered what became of you.

Lisa.........I am in awe of your goals and your steady weight loss, simply amazing!

Gilly.......Happy birthday and congrats on the new addition to your family.

Down a pound today, happy dance!
    Happy Wednesday, everyone!

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic, sunny and not so hot or humid!!!!

• lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new ladies! You will love this thread!

Hugs all around for those that need them and those that dont.

Sincerely,
    Sassy aus Austria
    • If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

• Being Fat is Hard.
    Losing Weight is Hard.
    Maintenance is Hard.

Choose Your Hard.

Hi Sassy,

I'd love to see some views of where you live. If you have a chance, would you post a picture?

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Gonna go out on a limb here....I've looked, and I've missed it obviously, but I'm curious as to what the "DD" "DH", "DS", etc. is about? I know it's probably shorthand, but specifically, what is it? I'm sure there is a post on it, but I can't find it and although I think I know what most of them stand for by the inference contained in the post, some of them I'm not quite getting. smiley-computer001.gif
    Went home yesterday quite proud of myself for refusing a donut not once, not twice, but THREE separate times. There was a rep here from a local credit union trying to drum up business. My office mates were steadily coming in and out, saying, "don't you want a donut?" The last time, I confess I got a little short. But only with my eyes. However, my eyes said enough, I'm afraid. smiley-angry006.gif
    I have to learn to be more patient with those who don't understand what a sugar addict I am.
    Hubs got his father's day gift early.....he wanted a combination gas and charcoal grill with a place to add a smoker later. We tried the gas side out last night with some steak/veggie skewers. I'm impressed. I now have my summer menu. Got to invest in some new citronella candles for the pterodactyl sized mosquitoes. smiley-gen003.gif
    Speaking of summer, our heat index today will reach 106. And it's not officially summer yet! No rain in sight either for the next few days. I'm definitely an indoor girl from July to September. Thank goodness I invested in a great elliptical trainer. I'm sure that's going to come in verrrrrry handy. smiley-sport040.gif
    I love to go geocaching, and my family knows it's too hot when I don't go.
    Little Mrs. Crunch & Munch is back. She was on LOA for a couple of weeks but the munching continues. I foresee a throat punch or Xanax. Either will work. smiley-angry026.gif
    Busy, busy day. To all: DRINK YOUR WATER!!! smiley-eatdrink003.gif
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lisa,

I am so impressed with the long term plans you have! You are bound to succeed! How wonderful
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Mom216, thank you for starting my day with a good laugh. smiley-laughing002.gif I know you are young compared to some of us, but surely you are old enough to already know that “Old Age Ain’t For Sissies”. That quote has been around for a number of years and it’s so true. The funny thing is, with all the aches and pains, and rolls and hairs where they don’t belong, there is something so wonderful about becoming “mature”. Damn, I know so much now that I didn’t know then. I can enjoy things that never occurred to me to enjoy. I can laugh at myself and with others. If you just look at it the right way, life is grand. And yes, we can throw a pity party any time we feel the need and then get over it. I know I have more patience and enjoy people and things more than ever before in my life. I hope the rest of you do too?

Grits, sending prayers for your nephew and hope for fast healing. I didn’t think MFP would set a daily calorie intake under 1200? You may have to contact tech help. Was this after adding exercise? That will up your calories for the day. That is why I wait and put in my exercise after I have completed my food for the day. Hummmm???

Nancy, okay, I’ll give you 5 lashes with a wet noodle, if that makes you feel better. Actually other than that one day where you obviously lost your mind, I think you are doing great! I can’t figure out how a scale can show % of muscle, fat, water and BMI? Do you just stand on it or does it have other parts to it, like xray or sonogram?

Yannie, I’m glad you were available to help your friend too. Not a good time to be stranded out in this hot weather. Yikes.

Katla, a 34 C? Wow, you are a tiny little thing! I can’t imagine being a 34 again, but then you never know? I wonder if they make a 34 training bra, cause that is what I’d need if I got that small. Fantastic that it only cost $5 to repair your phone.

Joyce, I looked all around and don’t know where your post went? smiley-rolleyes003.gif I hope you don’t get flooding from the storm. Stay safe.

Sassy, welcome back. We missed you! I don’t know where you have been, but you can’t do that again without a “hall pass”. And yes, if you so much as look the other direction there will be another 4 pages of posts. So glad to see you. (((Hugs)))

Allison
    , good for you on the BD present. Wonders never cease.

Wenanghen, welcome to this group of very supportive ladies. Congrats on kicking breast cancer and best of luck on this journey. Please sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Come often and post whenever you feel like it.

Gilly, good to see you and congrats on that new grandbaby! Stop in when you can, with that busy schedule.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It's another scorcher in SC. DH is out mowing the front yard before it gets too hot. I am always afraid he will overdo. His health seems great but after heart surgery and a couple of more stents, I still worry about him. I have a couple of outside projects on my to do list, but they will have to wait until the weather gets a bit more reasonable. I hope you all stay safe, happy and healthy.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Love you,smiley-love004.gif
    Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Lenora - hope your nephew recovers ASAP, :flowerforyou:

Vicki - thanks so much for doing a review of WINDOWS. <3

Feeling very disturbed and queasy today. Also a bit tearful. My sleeping has been terrible recently. :cry: Something to do with selling the rental I'm sure, as i hate the whole ÷×="+ business, but I'm also at the point in my memoir where I am reliving the very worst nine months of my life when I was nine. And a lot of my childhood was difficult. My DH asked me why I'm writing it if it upsets me so much! Not sure really, except I feel I have to. It's my way of reaching out to others.
    Later will come the time when I have to tell my two sons what I am writing about. Neither of them have any idea. The strange thing is that they are the last ones in the family to know as my brother's family, who were also affected, know the truth. I never found the right time or reason to tell them. In fact I was dissuaded by a counsellor, but they were younger then. Now they are in their late 30s. The very thought of it makes me feel sick, but I so want to get this down in black and white. Publishing it may take another level of courage and I want their blessing.
    Thank you for listening. It helps.

Expecting a food delivery in a moment. Over here it is very common to have a supermarket deliver your groceries to the door. Hope they don't arrive while I'm watching "Escape to the Continent" on TV, but it looks as if they will now.

Sea trout for dinner, with garden broad beans.. Picked the first sweet peas (flowers) today. Smell fabulous! <3

Love Heather in very warm Hampshire UK
    27681614.png
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Jules: Congrats on the A and the Krispy Kreme... outstanding!

Sylvia: I'm with you on tofu...no can do

Vicki:Hope your hubby is feeling better soon. Stress can really do you, make sure you take care of yourself.

Carol NC: Where do you get H cup bras? Very difficult to find anything larger than DD here.

Damit: Only 1 spoonful.. woo hoo!

JanetR: I started with 5 minutes on a recumbent bike..I'm now up to 40. I have very bad knees too and this is no impact. I love the senility prayer.

Nancy:Congrats on shedding inches..they count you know. It will be interesting to hear what you find out today. As Lisa says put the eggs back in the fridge, tomorrow's a new day.

JanetM: What device are you using to get the report you shared with us?

Katla: Your goal of having fun everyday is really helping me too. I seem to be getting my sense of humour back. It's been gone too long. Also feeling much more Zennnnnnn..... :smile:

GRITS Prayers for Micheal.

Sharon: You're in my thoughts and prayers

Rosie: smiley-greet024.gif

Yannie:Yay for the pound and lower temp.

Thought for the day:There are no shortcuts to any place worth going - Beverly Sills

I thoroughly enjoyed Tai Chi in the park yesterday. Turns out the park was actually a botanic garden and we spent a couple of hours looking at all the wonderful plants. There were so many different species that I'm not familiar with but the colours were amazing. We did a set in these surroundings which was interesting on uneven ground but all turned out well. After that we went for a 2 hour lunch. It was great to get to know a number of the people better they are so kind, encouraging and supporting. I have been very lucky lately with the people I am meeting both here and at Tai Chi. Thank you ladies for all your support and encouragement!

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!
    W3: Pedicure and manicure, Tai Chi in the park. (I'm on a roll)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Wishing you a lovely day!

Carey-Edmonton
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to Everyone ! ! !

Sylvia – (((((((hugs))))))) o:)

Mom216 – You are SO funny, and so right. Gravity has been mean to me. Mentalpause has been mean to me. I consider you lucky that your hair didn’t start going dark until now, because mine started getting dark at 17 and I found my first grey at 19; that’s when I decided that if my Mom and youngest sister were both natural redheads I could be, too. When you are done with your pity party, someone started a pile in the corner, go ahead and dump yours along with all the others’. :D

Grits – Prayers for Michael. o:)

Nancy – Hugs. Like you said, don’t let it derail you any longer, get back on track right away. Be proud of the entire week. :)

Allison - Hugs for the kidney doc, and congrats on the iPad. :)

Yesterday while DS did his weightlifting, I walked backwards on the treadmill for 7 minutes. My back, hips, and hammies are reminding me often. I complimented DH about how good he is with DS while doing the lifting, and he grunted back at me. I had to say "The only correct response is thank you" so he grunted a "thanks". I sure am glad I can talk enough for the both of us. :p

This morning I dropped off a coupon for my Dad on his kitchen counter, and the fresh cookies were whispering to me, and I whispered back that I wan't interested, then quickly shut the door and left for work. I know there will be some in a ziploc on my steps when I get home tonight. I hope I can convince DS to eat them for me.

Welcome to everyone new. congrats to everyone with accomplishments. Hugs for everyone who needs one. Oh, wait . . . I love hugs, so here's a Hug for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee