Options
    Carol hope MRI goes well.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.14min, 14.4amph, 2.9mi = 90c
    jog- 27.36min, 3.0inline, 6.6-7.0speed for 1st 2 miles, 1.5incline, 7.0-7.5speed last 1.1mii, 8.54ap, 5k = 290c
    other, floor exercise- 7.43min, 16knees bent, 16knees up, 16legs straight up, repeat 5sets, 240total = 32c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.07min, 11.5amph, 1.3mi = 70c
    ride wk 2 tan- 55.20min, 11.9amph, 10.9mi, windy! = 506c
    ride tan 2 hm- 5.38min, 10.3amph, .9mi = 59c
    total cal 1047
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pip/Poop, I'm excited that both measurements are smaller. I really like them smaller, but I do try to make them point in the same direction. B);) Lisa!

Janet, I had to read that alligator joke a couple of times before I got it. Cute.

Michele, I'm afraid I would gag on tofu. Tried it several times in different ways. It's just not for me.

Janet R., fingers crossed for your grandson in Galveston. They say this is going to be bad. Just what Texas needs. This is why we need to send flood water to Claifornia. :'(

Jules, you are stronger than me to turn down a fresh Krispy Kreme. Those things should not be sold wothout a prescription.

Lagopus, I would love to see a picture of that Indian swim suit. At swim lessons at the Y last year there was a little girl from a Muslim family who was wearing a suit with full legs. I thought it was great and wished I could find one in my size.

Going to bed early. Good night!

Sylvia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    33,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking in beautiful spring weather
    two hour walk with a friend
    over an hour on the exercise bike while knitting and watching TV

smiley-happy026.gifOn the subject of bathing suits, I own one but have worn it only a few times. I am always cold and live in a climate that is usually cool so opportunities for wearing a bathing suit are rare. The only water aerobics class in my town is at the same time as the line dance class I teach. If I had an opportunity to go to a nude event, I wouldn't because I'd be too cold to wear anything less than long sleeves and long pants. My issues have little to do with body image and all to do with temperature.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - thanks for the good thots for my grandson. Last I heard lots of rain, some wind but hanging in there.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    WOW!! miss one day and over 200 posts. So may take me several days to catch up again. Our big meeting last evening was a bust. Tonight I am working 3-9pm then come back and work 7-3 in the morning. Gotta love it.

Pip--I think you both look very nice and happy.

Heather--Last evening I was able to get in and write my review to your book.

Lisa--Thanks for the interesting information. I do agree with a lot of it.

Carey--Congrates on one year smoke free. Proud of you!!

Sylvia--Mold is nothing to mess with, Please be careful. Wise words,

Elizabeth--The important thing is not to give up. We all have those days and we have to keep going, doing better next time.

Penny--Beautiful picture, thanks for sharing.

I am up to page 45 and time to call it a night and finish up some work so I can go home and come back in the morning. Gotta love it. DH is going to the doctor in the morning when he was home for lunch he tells me he is feeling really tired. Took his blood pressure and blood sugar and both were really high. I took my blood pressure and it was on the high side so have to keep watch on it. I know a lot of it is stress from work. Have a good night ladies and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Pip - wears me out just reading your stats. You are the bomb. Maybe I need to challenge myself a little further.

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug--Our Annual Conference was last week. I need to tell my church that I'd like the chance to go!

As for bra sizes, I went from a 42H to a 36HH (was down to a 34HH until I put some weight back on). I totally understand the Spam key roll-up, though!! Mine don't always point in the same direction, either. I try to remember to check their direction when I go to the restroom.

Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow. Good night!

Carol in sweltering NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Janetr, none of us who does a ton of exercise, started out like that. When I first started walking my dogs for exercise, we walked for 15-20 minutes. Gradually I increased the time so now I walk them for 30-50 minutes before breakfast and two hours after. I started with one line dance class a week and now I go to three. Gradual changes will get you where you want to go. Having a pedometer on me all the time encourages me to seek every opportunity to be active.

smiley-sleep012.gif Jake and the dogs and cat are already in bed so I'm just checking in and then finishing my lengthy tooth care routine and heading for bed, too.

<3 Barbie
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all just bumping my place since it's kind of late. had a good day and I hope you did too! Take care, Meg from Omaha home of the college world series!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Poop, you know we are with you in your run this weekend. Have fun.

Lisa, sorry I missed your 34 Long joke. What can I say, sometimes I'm a little slow.

Marci, welcome. This is a great place for support and good information as well. Good for you on training for the bike ride. There are other riders here, I’m sure you have noticed. Come often and join right in.

Katla, love the “Women 90+ thread” I’ll be with you!!!

Heather, glad you will or did have a drink at 6:00. And glad you talked to your friend to help put things in prospective. I’m not sure I understand about the lease, but I do know that investors will make really low ball offers. Just keep in mind what your end goal is. You won’t want to leave money on the table, but if the object is to get rid of the property, then go for it. Hey, we can all say we have made bad decisions on investments if we bought real estate or stocks in the past few years.

Jules, I can’t tell you what I would give for a fresh, hot donut!!!! I am in awe that you turned that down. Way To Go!!!

Chelle, welcome. Please tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you. A name and location on each post is most helpful. Come often and join right in.

Francine, welcome to you as well. I know someone from Myrtle Beach. Oh, it’s me!!! Tell us your story and come often. This is a great place for support and information.

Kate, yay you, is right!!! With the Edamame, you don’t have to eat the pods. Some people put the end in their mouth and drag it between their teeth to extract the beans. Or you can eat the whole thing. Try it both ways. Have fun with it.

Mia, I vote for giving that chocolate away!!! If you must have some, when you are in front of the recipient, take a little bit off the end of a bar and give the rest away. Some habits just aren’t good for us.

Agnes, welcome. None of us here have ever started and stopped eating healthy. Oh, that’s not exactly true. Actually most of us have. This thing really works, so I say give it a chance. Start calmly, logging everything you eat and drink. If you stay within your calories, you will be shocked how fast it will start to come off. That will then slow down, but just don’t give up. Ever. Once you reach your goal, stay with it to keep at that goal. You can do this.

Terri, I know you worry about your DD, as do we all. It sounds like you are doing all you can, because as we discussed a couple of days ago….you can’t help them, they have to be ready and do it for themselves. Being there for her when she’s ready, is about all you can do. ((((Hugs))))

Sylvia, you are right. That could have been the joke of the day. So glad that your DH is such a dear or he could have been a bit p*ssed off about all that work. I’m glad you weren’t swimming in mold and now will get the sink moved. Still, too funny!!!

Kari, welcome. You will find this a very supportive group as well as full of information. It sounds like you are off to a good start, so come often and join right in.

Carol, glad you have a place to walk inside. This weather we’re having is not for the faint of heart and certainly not something to be out exercising in.

Carey, you said< “:Loved the alligator story..I think it was a joke...hope I'm right”. That would be a “yes”. :_)

Vicki, I hope you and DH are feeling better after a good night’s sleep.

Another hot and humid day. Stayed right at calories today. Just had a hankering for some of DH's key lime pie, so when he had his, I got a spoon and had one spoon full. It was yummy!! I finally read all the posts so heading off to bed.

Have a great evening/day, my friends.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie - I was walking one my treadmill everyday will the weight was coming off, but my knees got too bad to continue. My knees have been bone on bone for several years. I had the right knee replaced in January and will have the left done in Sept. Then I think I will do more. I was getting to really enjoy the walking. Part of the reason I lost the weight was to make the knee replacement easier. Doc told me I made knee replacement look easy. That's cuz they already hurt so badly for so long the surgery was not really much worse after the first couple of days.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll start slowly and add to.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ok so I need to vent......

My hair (the roots) are growing in black - I have been blond/light brown my entire life
    I picked up my 1st pair of prescription glasses ever today - bifocals
    My knee reminds me daily that it really doesn't want to go work out - pain and more pain
    I'm too old to wear really trendy clothes (I'm way past 17) and I'm not quite ready for double knits
    I have that ring of fat between my belly button and pelvic bone that came from having kids

I got pissed and called my Mom to ask what other delightful treats are coming down the road.......she laughed hysterically and hung up

Yes, when I sit back and read my pity party - I can actually find gratitude in all of it. I am just scared sh*tless by Mom's laugh - she knows something! >:)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    so many posts, so little time, you ladies are amazing!
    cheri - going to try your plantar taping - but why 3 times around the heel?
    Margaret - the bad day stories were great, i'm thankful to be alive.
    mom216 - what my mom likes about being older mid 80s, she used to be shy, but now says she can get away with saying anything to anybody.
    janet - have you tried water walking?

linda in calif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    COULD SOMEONE HELP ME, PLEASE? ... myfitnesspal has changed my daily caloric intake upwards; how do I go about changing it back to where it is supposed to be (for my Medical Weight Loss plan). It is under 1000 calories a day. It was doing fine until my computer technician had to upload/download apps to my 'new' laptop. I've looked everywhere and I see it 'set' at the 960 on that page; but, it won't show up as that and I tend to go over if I have not held to the 960 caloric intake. I have not weighed-in yet; and anyway as long as I am working towards my goal; I need to be able to look at it to determine how many more I did for the day. One of my biggest problem is that I had had a shake and then ate a salad with my husband after he got home; therefore I thought I had enough for the shake at supper and a snack at night. I royally screwed up my tracking because it has me set over 1000 calories a day. I know it can be changed; but the page I went to change it - would not allow me to edit and save it. What am I doing incorrectly? I've got to call my technician to find out why it won't work on my 'new' laptop either. Won't even go to the site (because of security). I need to find out as soon as possible so I won't 'forget' to track my calories per day against the food I am eating.

Please 'pray' for my nephew. He had a bad fall and is in the hospital . . . had surgery today; but, don't know the real extent of his injuries other than he broke his hip, knocked out his 2 front teeth and his face is badly bruised. Just need some MUCHO prayers for him. His name is "Michael". Thanks in advance! Love y'all! :smiley:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    so many posts, so little time, you ladies are amazing!
    cheri - going to try your plantar taping - but why 3 times around the heel?
    Margaret - the bad day stories were great, i'm thankful to be alive.
    mom216 - what my mom likes about being older mid 80s, she used to be shy, but now says she can get away with saying anything to anybody.
    janet - have you tried water walking?

linda in calif

HA! HA! HA! I don't plan to wait until my mid-80's . . . I will say 'anything' to just about anybody and then I will blame it on being "crazy". LOL! I'm never been shy ... my children just sometimes 'shake' their heads. My granddaughter usually just laugh out loud. I don't think I have ever 'embarrassed' them . . . just sometimes I might embarrass myself. Blame it on the meds. :wink:
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cory17 - My Mom has a wicked sense of humor. She is 75, very active & lives with her boyfriend. She rarely holds back from saying anything to anybody. B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Pip - wears me out just reading your stats. You are the bomb. Maybe I need to challenge myself a little further.

If that gives u inspiration, ok !
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Barbie - I was walking one my treadmill everyday will the weight was coming off, but my knees got too bad to continue. My knees have been bone on bone for several years. I had the right knee replaced in January and will have the left done in Sept. Then I think I will do more. I was getting to really enjoy the walking. Part of the reason I lost the weight was to make the knee replacement easier. Doc told me I made knee replacement look easy. That's cuz they already hurt so badly for so long the surgery was not really much worse after the first couple of days.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll start slowly and add to.

Maybe you have someone who will let you get in their pool (or maybe you have a community pool). I've been getting into my son's pool and moving the entire time I am there; be it 30minutes to 120 or more. I really try to stay in it at least for 60 minutes. The past 3 or 4 days the water has been W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!! Great exercise with resistance. I have bad knees, too. They crunch when I straighten them out or when I bend them.
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Well, I blew my food goals today. Decided to be brutally honest by accurately logging my exact intake today and admitting the real truth here. Not making excuses, just honestly sharing my experience today.

I woke up and had a really bad sinus headache all day. Instead of eating just 1/2 sub sandwich for lunch as usual, which is within my food plan, I fell into old habits. I ate 1/2 the bread, all of the meat plus cheese, and only some of the lettuce and tomato. Unfortunately, I ate the whole bag of thin (baked) chips--which is 2 servings.

After work, I had a 5 oz. glass of red wine, then a second 5 oz. glass with dinner. I carefully measured both glasses. Ordered a small chicken Asian take out for dinner. These are an old, unhealthy habits. The small dinner alone is way too high in calories and fat for my new healthy eating plan. I've been staying at or below 1000 calories (was recently at 800 or less because I wasn't hungry, but it was also a bit challenging at times with all the new walking). So, today I ate 1750 calories and am quite a bit over my fat grams. Have stayed totally on track for 2 weeks, so have felt disappointed that I shed very little weight this week.

The headache finally went away and I walked with my yorkie for 20 minutes today. On a positive note, I can tell that I'm shedding inches. This was only one day off track, so I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm staying on my plan and will not punish myself the rest of the week. Most importantly, I will NOT quit!

Tomorrow, I'm seeing my Health Coach. Will weigh on the Tanita scale which shows muscle %, fat%, water%, and BMI. Looking forward to seeing what their scale says and what she thinks about my great efforts last week, in spite of very little scale weight lost.

Thanks for understanding, y'all. - Nancy