Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I keep trying to learn to love sushi, but I just can't do it.

I will admit that I eat the "fancy" sushi, as my daughter calls it. I love the shrimp tempura roll and sweet potato roll (another tempura one).
    I do really like tempura, and I can eat the rolls and stuff. I don't hate it, but it wouldn't be top of my list if I had a bunch of spare calories.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession @flyingtanuki you must be pretty old

I think you might be right there! :)

Haha how's your weight loss going? Are you done losing and in maintenance? Form your picture looks like you're good!

***Blush*** Down to the last 15 lbs.
    @LBuehrle8 , How are you progressing with your goals?

That's awesome! I'm doing okay I think - I didn't have that much to lose so I have it set to .5 lbs per week so it's slow but not bad thanks! I have about 17 lbs until goal at 120..so a good 9 months to go! :)

Great!

Confession: I checked your profile and...
    Confession: I am originally from Ohio too!

Woo hoo!! OH-IO! What part? If you don't want to say on an Internet forum no worries!

No worries - Richfield (between Cleveland and Akron)

Good thing you said between Cleveland and Akron as I've never heard of Richfield before :) but I don't think it's too far from Cbus!

Not far at all - just down I-71! Richfield is a tiny little dink town - but I kind of like it for that :)

Are you in the Univ. in Cbus?

It's okay I lived in a teeny tiny town with no stop lights in VA for three years! Lived above a Dollar General haha Nah I work downtown. I moved back to Ohio as my family is in Dayton but nothing's going on there so it was to Cbus or Cincy and I got a job offer here first!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @annette_15 I hope your husband is on the mend fully and quickly.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I forgot to put deodorant on before I went for my walk tonight. I walked 3 Miles in 90 degree heat. We'll you get the picture heading for a shower
    I keep deodorant in the car and my desk at work (when I have a desk and a work :( ) because I frequently forget. My daughter did it the other day and said she had to do the T-Rex arm thing all day.

Lol I was hoping everyone I met on the trail couldn't smell me. Please don't smell me please don't smell me
  • LBuehrle8
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @riderfangal don't forget your deodorant before your date tomorrow night ;)

ETA: posting from an iPhone sucks
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire container of Americone Dream as lunch, 1120 calories and worth every one.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Watch "Jiro Loves Sushi" for inspiration.

California roll and smoked salmon roll were my "gateway drugs". From there, progress to steamed shrimp nigiri. Then maybe to a seared fish nigiri or roll. Finally, the jump to raw fish is easier that way.

I wound up living in Tokyo for 2 1/2 years so learning sushi was a must for me.

Good luck with it!

Good documentary!

Did you visit his shop? SO and I are going to do our best to try to get there when we (in a few years) get to Japan.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I had a win today. Went to my son's Grade 9 grad (yes, I did have another grad this year - my older son) and there were refreshments after, including lots of cookies, squares and cake. It was all from Costco, so I knew it would be pretty good stuff. I stuck to some melon and strawberries from the fruit trays.

Felt a bit sad though - that's my baby out of middle school and heading to high school in September. I will also miss this school. It's an arts-centred program and really inclusive and accepting. There are students there of all shapes, sizes, genders and orientations. I loved that all the kids applauded all the other kids.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession @flyingtanuki you must be pretty old

I think you might be right there! :)

Haha how's your weight loss going? Are you done losing and in maintenance? Form your picture looks like you're good!

***Blush*** Down to the last 15 lbs.
    @LBuehrle8 , How are you progressing with your goals?

That's awesome! I'm doing okay I think - I didn't have that much to lose so I have it set to .5 lbs per week so it's slow but not bad thanks! I have about 17 lbs until goal at 120..so a good 9 months to go! :)

Great!

Confession: I checked your profile and...
    Confession: I am originally from Ohio too!

Woo hoo!! OH-IO! What part? If you don't want to say on an Internet forum no worries!

No worries - Richfield (between Cleveland and Akron)

Good thing you said between Cleveland and Akron as I've never heard of Richfield before :) but I don't think it's too far from Cbus!

Not far at all - just down I-71! Richfield is a tiny little dink town - but I kind of like it for that :)

Are you in the Univ. in Cbus?

It's okay I lived in a teeny tiny town with no stop lights in VA for three years! Lived above a Dollar General haha Nah I work downtown. I moved back to Ohio as my family is in Dayton but nothing's going on there so it was to Cbus or Cincy and I got a job offer here first!

Well that brings back memories - childhood vacation to the Airforce base and museum in Dayton. Pops loved planes!

Oh nice! Been there many times! I didn't go far for college - University of Dayton, gooooo Dayton flyers!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Dress up, go out,have fun and wear deodorant. You guys have really high expectations of me
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Yayyy congrats @Tubbs216 !! It's sad to be leaving a school you and him are familiar with but so exciting he gets to start a new chapter in his life!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confession: I'm hoping tonight's game will be cancelled due to thunderstorm activity. I'm not in the mood to play...but I'll suck it up and play if the game is on. (rain dance, rain dance).

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I had a win today. Went to my son's Grade 9 grad (yes, I did have another grad this year - my older son) and there were refreshments after, including lots of cookies, squares and cake. It was all from Costco, so I knew it would be pretty good stuff. I stuck to some melon and strawberries from the fruit trays.

Felt a bit sad though - that's my baby out of middle school and heading to high school in September. I will also miss this school. It's an arts-centred program and really inclusive and accepting. There are students there of all shapes, sizes, genders and orientations. I loved that all the kids applauded all the other kids.

Aww, I know what you mean. My youngest will finish middle school next year. Time flies. WTG sticking with the fruit!

• riderfangal
    Options

Good job on resisting the goodies and I am glad you were fortunate enough to find a school like that!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of sushi rolls. Sashimi on the other hand...

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    Don't worry @nonoelmo I'm getting ready to go out on the town and be dancing up a storm I'll be doing the rain dance for you!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Dress up, go out,have fun and wear deodorant. You guys have really high expectations of me

Yes!

• LBuehrle8
    Options

Haha I was playing! We're super excited for you! And maybe living a bit vicariously through you :)