Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I had a cheat meal yesterday (Jersey Mikes Sub) then went for another bike ride afterwards (38+ total for the day) so I went to the store and bought some gelato and ate half the container. Still lost weight. I like this idea... lol

Yeah buddy! Nice job on the mileage & which kind of gelato did you get?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone. I have gone through this entire thread for all the recipes that have been posted (that I could remember, anyway--I used the search function to find each one. I am not reading 1100 pages just to find recipes!) and posted each one as a separate post in the new recipe thread contained in our group.

I hope everyone enjoys them! Here's the link to it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10197731/super-great-recipes
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

Oh gosh, that must have felt awful. There's nothing more scary and horrible-feeling than to come face-to-face with a phobia. :(
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I feel for you. I can't stand spiders.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!
    Aww, that is my husband's favourite event ever - he's a big motor racing fan. We miss stuff like that where we are. Hope you had a great time!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Well my son is going to his dads tonight and that is always as most of you guys know super worrisome for me. I am resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store and buy a big bag of chips and maybe some dip and dive in and not surface out them til morning.

I hope this went ok. I worry about your son now too!

Awe thank you Patricia. I think things are going good. I talked to Kypton this morning and he said they were going to the park. I was glad to hear that. 24 hours and he will be home. Just one more night to get through

Well hopefully your date will go great and it will be a good night!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    POF, nice job on the 5K! Wooo Hooo!
    I signed daughter and I up for one July 4th. I have trained exactly one day, 1.5 miles. I just plan to finish and if it is under 32-33 minutes I'll be delighted!! I told daughter she does not have to run my pace (she says she will) b/c she is much faster than me. I did try to train a couple of other days but had some calf issues and decided to not push a hurting calf.

You can always run 2x your normal distance so you will do great! Just don't hurt the calf anymore and do long term damage.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)
    My birthday is the day before yours!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just checking in and wanted to say that I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Thats nice! Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to my calorie goal today; and while fitting in ice cream, too! I'm almost afraid to let the pride sink in, in case it goes downhill and I somehow end up going and eating the kitchen...

You did it. Great job! I confess I don't usually crave food except around certain times of the month but today I want a cheese sandwich or pizza or something bad.

I am eating a cheese sandwich right now with ham and pickles and it is delicious haha

I am jealous! Sans the ham sounds perfect. I went for a veggie wrap with avocado. Seemed to have worked. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I'm just back from a spectacular drive in the Canadian Rockies. We went hunting for bears but only saw some deer and big horned sheep. My parents do the same drive all the time and usually see multiple bears but I think it was too hot for them today.

We did see loads of cyclists, which make me think of all the cyclists on this thread. I looked up the route!
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ca/canmore-alberta/highway-40-between-winter-gates-route-36310314
  • Oberon21
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???

lol! Yes, you can definitely have cake after climbing the mountain. I'll even bake it for you if you want, but I can't guarantee what it'll look or taste like when it arrives there from Saudi Arabia! :o But I would say that the calorie burn from climbing a mountain would surely buy you an enormous slab of cake. ;)

Slab? Are you crazy? The whole cake! Preferably cheesecake with cherries on top (oh wait that would be the kind I would eat...not sure what orangesmartie would want...I guess she gets to pick).
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone. I have gone through this entire thread for all the recipes that have been posted (that I could remember, anyway--I used the search function to find each one. I am not reading 1100 pages just to find recipes!) and posted each one as a separate post in the new recipe thread contained in our group.

I hope everyone enjoys them! Here's the link to it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10197731/super-great-recipes

Thank you so much!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Confession: I like to sing "come on eileen" in my head when I jog. It helps me keep pace.

I have it on my playlist.

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers for my mum, she's doing a whole lot better now.

I'm feeling lazy this morning, and bourbon biscuits are calling me. Trying to resist. Charlie wants to go see the otters and penguins again today.

And Omg!!! I'm going to be climbing a mountain in a week's time. I'm nervous and scared and excited. I'm so pleased that I've raised so much money for the alzheimer's society though, all those donations are going to be what gets me to the top!

And if that wasn't enough, I totally forgot that it's my annual 10 mile charity night walk the week after for a local hospice. My friends and I have done this for the last 3 years and it's great fun.

I hope everyone has a good day.

You will do great! I am so excited for the mountain. I can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pictures. Since you are doing it with your boyfriend are you guys all good now? And have fun with Charlie today!

No we haven't sorted things out yet, mostly because I'm a coward, but going to have before next weekend! We've been a bit like ships in the night the past week.

We ended up at the zoo again. Had a lovely day Hut now I have a very tired, grumpy little boy.

Aww on Charlie. At least he will sleep well. Yes sit him down and talk before the mountain. I hate confrontation but I have learned it's better faced head on or it festers. Do it! You'll feel better.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I feel for you. I can't stand spiders.

Me neither.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???

lol! Yes, you can definitely have cake after climbing the mountain. I'll even bake it for you if you want, but I can't guarantee what it'll look or taste like when it arrives there from Saudi Arabia! :o But I would say that the calorie burn from climbing a mountain would surely buy you an enormous slab of cake. ;)

Woohoo! *plans cake feast*

Actually I already have 2 huge cherry cheesecakes on order from an amazing bakery near my grandmother. We pick then up after the climb and have to transport them 400 miles home to our freezer

Oh my Gosh! I totally didn't read that before I did my last post. That is scary.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: My mother's family's political fighting and bickering is getting really old, and I deactivated my Facebook account so I don't have to see it anymore. -_-

I'm sorry. And we just became friends! Oh well I'll find you here. Guess no more rescue dog postings for you!

No worries, I'll probably be back soon. ;) Deactivating a Facebook account isn't like deleting your MFP--When you try to log back in with your old ID, everything is back to where it was, including the friends on your list. Maybe once I've forgotten how annoying everyone in that family is, I'll re-activate. :p

Whew
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Whoo! You can totally do that:D. We'll be your cheerleaders but everyone better watch out since I have no rhythm.

Do you have a Fitbit in mind if you win?

I have the Flex & love that it counts my steps & does motivate me if I find I haven't moved a lot during my workdays (on my days off I can be pretty lazy). I also love that you can set your goal & it shows how many calories my TDEE is for the day & it displays how many I could eat if I wanted to net my goal. I usually eat around 1700-1800 & then on my days off I plan on eating around 2100-2200.

Now if the Jawbone 3 is more accurate I might spring for that one once it hits the stores.