Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Hi all. Would anyone be able to post a link to the group? I never joined, but would like to and can't remember what page it was on. Thanks.
    I'll PM it to you since I'm not sure if I should be posting the link here after what happened a few nights ago.

How was what happened the other night related to posting a link? Can you message me the link too? And maybe an explanation? I read some of the drama but was reading so piecemeal I never quite got what started it.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I think that's a great idea! I was thinking that I should post some sort of reminders around the house for when I'm feeling munchie or down, to try and keep me focused. Any suggestions for what to write? All I could think of was something like... "65 kg = Fitbit!" ;)

Yup, I live on the top floor in a four storey apartment, so I could definitely do some stair-climbing! The neighbors might think I'm nuts, which is the only thing that has stopped me from doing that until now, but I should totally get over that...

Put up notes that say 1 biscuit = 20 star jumps or do i need this chocolate more than I need that Fitbit? Things that are meant to make you stop and think whether you really need that food or if it's boredom binging.

Yeah get over the neighbours, although I bet if you explained it was to increase fitness, they'd cheer you on.

I have no idea what a star jump it, but that sounds like a good idea. :) I hope they'll work!

This is Saudi Arabia and the middle of a big city... I can assure you that no cheering on would be done; they would just think that I'm crazy. :D

I think the Fitbit thread is an awesome idea! Definitely motivating. :) But I won't be able to join in until my birthday. :'(

Star jumps are jumping jacks.

I'll start a thread tomorrow and we'll have non fitting challenges too, so no one is left out

Yes! But now I am confused. Do we have 2 threads?
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ooh I want to be Fitbit friends with everyone!!! I use my real name on Fitbit so I don't want to just post it here...what's the best way to post it to just you guys?

I posted a fitbit thread in the group area if you want to post it there.

Awesome! I'm headed to the Batcave now!

@kelly_c_77 Holy cow are you active! Well, I'm not going to be the top step count on my list anymore but you've created quite the numbers to aspire to!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ooh I want to be Fitbit friends with everyone!!! I use my real name on Fitbit so I don't want to just post it here...what's the best way to post it to just you guys?

You can pm people the email you use on there.

I sent you a friend request with mine.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave

I'll be in!! In honour of us becoming Fitbit friends and your super great step count I went for an hour walk this morning and am at 8,200 steps for the day so far.

But if we do it in the bat cave everyone with counters can play!

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that a long walk could bring you close to 10000 steps. :o I'm totally going to take advantage of that information...

I read 1 mile is about 2000 steps. So get walking!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....
    That's just terrible. Were you stuck there for a while?

YES!!

To tell a little more of the story, one of my best friends was living with me at my mother's house at the time. She went out on a date with a different guy and took my mom's car. I told her I would make sure my date and I ended up at our usual club, and for her to come and check me when she was done, in case things were not going well for me.

I would say this guy left around 11-midnight. This club closed at 4am. I refused a few rides home from people I knew, figuring my friend would come for me sooner or later, and I was 30 minutes from home and didn't want to put anyone out of their way. So I just danced and had a few drinks etc. The club closed. I took a cab home, at like 5am, and got home like 5:30am. My mother was up at the kitchen table and I came in and asked if my friend was home yet, she was not. I told my mother what happened, and went up to my room, fuming. About half an hour later I heard my friend come in, and my mother told her to tread lightly cuz I was really mad.

Turns out her and her date decided to go to a club THREE HOURS AWAY, so she never came to check on me because she knew my club would have been well closed by the time they got back to the area. She said she figured I would be fine. I was mad about that for a long time.
  • Glinda1971
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I've had an interesting challenge handed to me! :)

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)

So ate we doing this is the new thread or here? I don't have a Fitbit so I'll just have to report on it.

I think we should do a step challenge thread in the group. One clean thread to just post daily steps in. That way everyone can join Fitbit or no.

And it will keep it easier to follow so we don't miss people in the day to day.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I've been pestering my husband and telling him that I want a Fitbit, because I think it'll motivate me to move around more so I can "win" steps and calories. ;) He thinks it's an unnecessary fitness gadget, and that I should probably just move around more by myself. :p

So, to motivate me a little (since I've been struggling a lot lately, as you all know, and he's been trying to find ways to help me with it) he gave me a challenge: If I can get my weight down to 65 kg by my birthday, he'll buy me a Fitbit. I'm currently at 69.3, and my birthday is on the eighth of October, which means I have 3.5 months to lose 4.3 kilos--very doable.

So, by putting it out here, I'm hoping you guys will help me stay accountable so I can win myself a Fitbit for my birthday! ;) (He'd probably buy it for me anyway, but I really want to win this challenge.)

Oooh your birthday is the day after mine!

Great challenge, you can really focus on the goal. Can you put notes on the cupboard doors in the kitchen to help?

Do you have stairs to your apartment? Can you aim to walk up and down them 10 extra times a day or something?

I love my Fitbit, I have a flex, it really motivates me to move more.

If anyone wants to be friends on Fitbit, I'm up for that

I don't have a fitbit but I may hey one just do I can be friends with you! I hate feeling left out.

SusieQ you can download pedometer apps on your phone. They aren't great but are directional. That may help you somewhat in the meantime. And to help motivate you let's post our steps every day. I track this anyway as part of my goals. I get crazy numbers on the weekends site to the barn but struggle during the week. 10k a day?

Sorry, not posting much while trying to catch up but had to comment on this. I think this would be a fun way to encourage Susie to get her Fitbit! I've enjoyed having one - I'm obsessed about getting my 10K goal, and have only missed it a couple times, other than when I was sick. I'm pretty consistent between 12-15K. I've only broken 20K once: ran with the dog in the morning, walked to work, and had a soccer game in the evening. I have a couple more days this summer that will have the same pattern so maybe my single 20K badge won't be lonely ;)
    I have tried for my 20K badge a few times, but I am such a slow walker that I would literally have to walk all day long!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »

I posted a fitbit thread in the group area if you want to post it there.

Awesome! I'm headed to the Batcave now!

@kelly_c_77 Holy cow are you active! Well, I'm not going to be the top step count on my list anymore but you've created quite the numbers to aspire to!

I know..it's good and bad. I sometimes think, as I think I've stated in here before, that I may work out a bit too much. :( I just never know upon waking up if it's going to be a day of fighting off emotional eating...so I just try to be as active as I can be for two reasons. One is to burn more calories as to offset any crazy binges. And two, it's a way to keep myself busy and away from the kitchen! And as a side note, I have a VERY active 3.5 year old son that I have to keep up with all day...we don't sit down much!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Our neighbors had to borrow 2 eggs earlier because they ran out in the middle of baking brownies. Anyhow, they just came and dropped off a plate of brownies...some frosted, some with M & M's, and some plain. I have had 2 days of high(way over) calories and was hoping to be better today. But I skipped my workout this morning and it's raining (so no walking with my son)...so seriously no room for extra snacks today without going over calories again..what to do, what to do!!!?
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Eat the brownie and log it tomorrow?
    Eat the brownie tomorrow?
    Go over today and get back on track tomorrow?

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For any of those of you Tubbs was that you? excited about my Princess Bride dress I am starting to actually work on it right now. I have the muslin and the two patterns and I've cleared my kitchen table and have my special sewing only scissors.

These talks of weddings and wedding dresses and honeymoons remind me that I really would like to know what a good marriage is like. However, being intimately knowledgeable of what a very unhappy marriage is like I am in no hurry nor do I necessarily need it (self sufficient and independent little lady that I am.) However, I will put it out there loud and clear that I want a loving husband who is good to me and my kids. SO may be that man, he's certainly in the running so far. :wink: It is not something we have talked about and I am not bringing it up until I am clear in my mind how I feel for sure about him in that role.
    Wasn't me, but now I'm excited!! Love Princess Bride!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

My birthday is the day before yours!

We have the same birthday!!
    Hooray for Librans!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)

I can have cake after I climb the mountain???

lol! Yes, you can definitely have cake after climbing the mountain. I'll even bake it for you if you want, but I can't guarantee what it'll look or taste like when it arrives there from Saudi Arabia! :o But I would say that the calorie burn from climbing a mountain would surely buy you an enormous slab of cake. ;)

Slab? Are you crazy? The whole cake! Preferably cheesecake with cherries on top (oh wait that would be the kind I would eat...not sure what orangesmartie would want...I guess she gets to pick).

Cherry cheesecake is my absolute favourite!!! I adore cherries and cheesecake
    Having friends over for a BBQ this evening, and when I was picking a dessert at Costco, it had to be cherry cheesecake after this thread!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!
    Aww, that is my husband's favourite event ever - he's a big motor racing fan. We miss stuff like that where we are. Hope you had a great time!

Aw I'm now a fan it was a brilliant day. Hadn't seen F1 cars in the flesh before and the V8 and V10 engines were so loud, it was brilliant to witness. My favourites were the American Monster Trucks basically doing wheelies up the hill.

I am a total petrol head and. A complete F1 fanatic, been to races across Europe and America, go to Silverstone every year, except this year I'll be up a mountain. I used to love in season testing, it was a great way of getting up close to cars and teams, met lots of drivers and used to go drinking with some of the mechanics (we still keep in touch) if anyone is interested, I can share photos
    That's fun!

Funny story about Silverstone. One of my friends went to a job interview somewhere near there, and it didn't go very well. She was all wound up and stressed and didn't want to drive straight home, so she thought she'd go in and have a look around Silverstone as she'd never been before. Nobody was around, so she just drove around for a bit and then saw the entrance to the track, so she ended up driving her little Ford Fiesta round Silverstone for a couple of laps, as fast as she could. Felt a lot better, came out and drove home!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Mmm cherry cheesecake, m&m and frosted brownies...drooling! I've had a not so good past four days and I had to log a gain this morning. I was bummed but then thought oh well just get back on it! Plus my gym opens back up tomorrow woot woot!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My goal is 12k per day, as long as I hit 10k before a workout I'm usually okay with my steps :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!
    Aww, that is my husband's favourite event ever - he's a big motor racing fan. We miss stuff like that where we are. Hope you had a great time!

Aw I'm now a fan it was a brilliant day. Hadn't seen F1 cars in the flesh before and the V8 and V10 engines were so loud, it was brilliant to witness. My favourites were the American Monster Trucks basically doing wheelies up the hill.

I am a total petrol head and. A complete F1 fanatic, been to races across Europe and America, go to Silverstone every year, except this year I'll be up a mountain. I used to love in season testing, it was a great way of getting up close to cars and teams, met lots of drivers and used to go drinking with some of the mechanics (we still keep in touch) if anyone is interested, I can share photos

That's great to have had such an interest I'd love to see some photos. I'm quite new to it all it was my first motor show event. My husband is a massive life long F1 fan so I know drivers in that and that's about it. Been watching some shows about motorcycle stars too so feel I'm slowly learning a bit more...
    I think it might have been the Revival event where we saw Stirling Moss driving one of those priceless old cars. And they really race - even with all the narrow roads and stone walls. I can't imagine what the insurance costs!!
    To be honest, I'm not really into it all, but my husband and father both are, and I love their enthusiasm!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    And I totally want to be Fitbit friends with everyone in here.

I was wondering whether people would be up for challenges, not super competitive, but things like how many steps in a day/weekend or how many calories burned in a weekend. The idea is.to motivate and give goals, rather than be winners and.losers and.moves away from scale victories
    And not just for Fitbit people..so not Fitbit based, although we could have.Fitbit challenges

If anyone is interested, I'll start a thread in the bat cave
    I can't decide if I'd like to be in this or not. I have very busy days, and others where I'm a total slug and barely hit 3000 steps, and I'd be embarrassed about that. But it does sound fun...
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm absolutely rubbish on my fitbit for the most part, seem to regularly hit under 5k (when I even remember to wear it), so maybe some challenges will be good for me. I do have my 40k badge though.

ETA: it's 8.15 pm here and I'm on 2833 :/