30 Day Shred - Start: May 9th

Options

Replies

• Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Did Day #9 on Level 2. That's 19/30, no breaks... :) Although when she says "I want you guys to feel like you're going to die" on the last cardio set of circuit 3, well, by the end, I almost feel that way! LOL

Have a great day everyone!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Kat, great job on 19 straight days!

Steph, shrinking is always my favorite compliment.

Lizzy, I'm sorry that you got hurt!

Jen, you rock! I don't know how you're keeping up with all of your different exercises!

Matwood, how's your knee? Those lunges must be killer on an injured knee.

Chandra, I've heard a lot of people say that they thought level 2 was harder than level 3. You'll have to let us know what you think.

Great Job, Everyone!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D4, L2: finished
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    17/30 on level 2 is done...time to get ready for work.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Syd, great job on the lbs lost! You're doing great!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to post this yesterday. But I managed to do Day 4 Level 2. Just as well as know time today.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Chandra, I've heard a lot of people say that they thought level 2 was harder than level 3. You'll have to let us know what you think.

L3 D1 WOOO.

Here's my opinion:

It's different. In some ways it's easier - there aren't as many purely evil - grin and bear it - muscles screaming in agony moments. IMO level one was leg heavy, level two is arm heavy, and level 3 is core heavy. I LOVED it. I may do it twice today. It's a ton of plyo, a ton of core training, and it really uses your whole body. I was never quite as "I'm gonna die" as i was in level 2, but I also certainly couldn't keep up. If you can do all of that right along with her, your whole body is gonna be in great shape.

One thing, is I think it's easier to cheat on. Push it, it's hard enough :)
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    I did level 3 day....I'm not sure... today! My back felt so much better when I woke up - maybe I just needed to rest it.

SwinginChandra: That's such a good assessment of L3. You're right, I feel like I found L1 and 2 so hard because of all the weight lifting/squats. But L3 is your whole body, still super hard but not as much feeling like you're dying. It's an interesting combo. I'm thinking of trying to do either L1 or L2 AND L3 once and see how that goes? Maybe on the weekend??

I'm so proud of everyone's progress and sticking with the program!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Ok, so I just did my second round of level 3 for the day, after a 5 mile run... My body is NOT going to like me tomorrow. Oh man... I can tell you, L3 definitely gives you a workout.
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level 2 done this morning (18 of 30)

2 more days then onto Lv 3.

I am really looking forward to Lv 3 after SwinginChandras: great assessment. Sounds like fun and should finish the results off nicely.

2 more days of High Knees to Squat Thursts to High Knees to Squat Thrusts. I wont miss them for a while.

Great work people, keep it up.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Okay, finished level 2 today :) 20/30

On to level 3 tomorrow! After reading Chandra's review I am actually looking forward to level 3 tomorrow. That really got me interested where as before I was kinda dreading it....lol. I'll let you all know what my opinion of it is tomorrow :)

Have a great day everyone!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    D5, L2 finished!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Great Shredding everyone!!

I'm scared to show my face around here. :blushing: I hurt my ankle with my long walk/hike the other day, and I couldn't go to Zumba yesterday, and I haven't been Shredding either... I'm gonna ignore that I've only done 9 days of L1, and jump to L2 on Monday. (I actually did one random day of L1 last month, so I'll pretend that makes it a total of 10.) Then I'll keep going from there, after the craziness of this weekend is over.

Have a Shredtacular day! :drinker:
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    D2 L3 done. Wow, I hope Level 3 lives up to my reviews of it for all of you! Please let me know how it goes!!

(PS, I used to be a gymnast [reference profile picture] - so all the plank stuff is right up my alley...)
  • smtraxx
    smtraxx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 4 & 5 Level 2 Done.

I did a double today. I had been lacking motivation so I've changed a fews things in the day so I can shred in the afternoon and at night. So dind ding double done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plan is to do this for a few days to get back on track. (fingers crossed)
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Thanks to some motivation from some group members I did my shred today. I totally lost track of the days but that's ok!

PS Smtraxx: congrats on the double shred!
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    PS I forgot to say:

Steph- I'm sorry about you ankle! Take it easy and we can't wait to have you back next week. Also, sounds good for moving to L2!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I almost gave up. I took 2 days off...... but I actually DID the shred today!!! I'm still exhausted
    and sweaty afterwards, out of breath too...... but I'm trying!! Level 2 still....... :wink:
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    18/30 is done on level 2 ...whew still kicks my *kitten*. saw my aunt today and she said girl you getting skinny...i dont think i havent quit smiling.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    15/30 Day 5 Level 2 (4 rest days) .

Well actually yesterday wasn't a planned rest day, but my daughter found a unit she wanted to view, so up early and into city. End result she signs 6 month lease monday, for a teeny, tiny but perfect for her unit bang in the middle of the city. Old building, great location, paying for location. 20mins walk to work. She will be poor but happy, no more spending 3 hours a day travelling. Only 19 my baby, (only child), Ok she will 20 in 3 weeks. Still.... I am happy and excited for her. Top floor unit, no lift 100 stairs, so while moving her in, there will be days I may not get to shred.

Steph, bad news about your ankle, take it easy and rest up. Just come back to us when you are strong. I feel I may take forever again to do my 30 days. So I will be here. Such is life.